PRNDL

Anyone over the age of 18 here get tired of shifting sometimes?
Ive had manuél trans my whole life and im older now and just tired of it.
Strongly considering buying a car in auto
I just hear they are super unreliable though.
So who here is mature enough to drive an automatic?

I switched over to automatic and electric drive and it feels good, man.

I fell for the manual for feels meme. Got an automatic Miata and never looked back.

had a manual as my first car when i was 18 now on my second its an automatic, i would only get another manual if it was a weekend car, i cant stand beating on a clutch in stop and go traffic.

This.
So much this.
Manual is NOT worth it for every day driving.

Ehh, at the moment I live in a rural town where traffic is negligible, and drive a manual. I find it a lot of fun compared to having an auto.

However, I'm moving to a major city pretty soon. I've done work placements in some major cities in the country, and been in a lot of situations where having a manual would be a right pain in the ass. As such, I'm actually considering getting an auto as a daily driver, and then keeping my manual (AE86) for the weekends where I don't have to commute in shit traffic.

Why dont the people who want to drive a manual drive a manual, and the people who want to drive an automatic drive an automatic, and everyone ignore people in both groups who are obviously trying to bait internet arguments

Welcome to Veeky Forums
Now gtfo

>Durr I'm bored of manual
>Switches to automatic
>HOLY FUCK WHY DID I DO THIS JESUS CHRIST THIS IS SO FUCKING BORING
I see this story play out the same way every time.

Nah. I just want to get from Ayy to Bee comfortably.
Is that too much to ask?

>I just hear they are super unreliable though.

maybe in the 1960s. a modern Automatic needs just as much maintenance and will last just as long as a modern manual and will change gears faster than you ever did if configured properly. these days you only buy a manual for the "experience"™ or if you got it for really cheap.

But fords are terrible.
Ill probably stick with toyota or know good mazdas

At first i wanted a manual car so thats what i bought, and while it is more fun sometimes i wouldnt overlook my next car just because its an auto. A good auto beats a shitty manual and a shitty manual beats a shitty auto.

If I lived in an area with lots of traffic I would. I had to drive to and into d.c. today, it was pretty tedious driving rush hour traffic with a manual.

I've been driving manual cars for 10 years now. I live and work near a medium sized city and have a 30-minute one-way commute. I wouldn't trade my car for anything with a conventional automatic.

Stick shift just may not be for you, and that's fine.

How is holding down on the brake pedal any different?

How weak are your legs where you can't handle stop and go traffic?

OP here. Never had an automatic.
Been driving manual for 16 years or more.

I quite enjoy rolling back on a hill then putting your car in gear right as you're about to hit the guy behind you. At the next light they're like 2 car spaces away from you.

I also like being able to downshift so I can overtake easily

Meh. Im over it.
Comes with old age/maturity i guess

I stopped and now I only do it to BMWs

I have only ever liked auto on the highway. In the city? No fucking way. I've had numerous times where I needed instant power and the car I was driving goes "hold on, let me figure out where the gear is. Ahh first, trusty first. You like 20mph right? Here ya go!" Never had that problem in a manual. Kinda fucked me up on the whole auto fandom. But my neon never did that shit. Only had three gears to chose from tho so I guess I only like manual and 3speed autos.

If you don't drive a shitbox with an old slushbox auto, it isn't an issue.

not all automatics are that terrible
I drove a 98 Duratec Taurus and while the A4OD in those is notoriously shitty, it does have excellent shift logic and it's actually not terrible to drive until the transmission eats itself.