/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Prey Slaughtered: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=byrHVYHlV6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for Vileblood glory

i wonder how hairy her pure pussy is.

Thread's fucking ruined now.

Iris Cassanova is huge blue haired slut who loves getting hit in the fucking face because everybody is doing cursed dungeons tonight.

>you will never degrade her by raping her with your Executioner buddies, and then smash her with the Wheel

she'll accept my proposal any day now haha

yes, i agree

nerd

I wasn't expecting good ol Beast of Darkness: mixtape edition.

forgot my image

Ludwig user, are you still up for more cooperation?

Xth for
>"oh what's that smell?"

Ringing again...

>you will never kill Alfred and give his Blood Dreg to the glorious queen

Oh wait, you can.

And I do, every playthrough.

sequel when?

fc in 17 hours don't forget to level viit

Iris, you coming?

I give thanks to my comrade for his help in hunting Ludwig

Never, user, Bloodborne doesn't need a sequel. I would love more content for this game, but not a sequel. It's perfectly self-contained.

We may be here a while.

Gascoigne is the boss where I knew that video games would never be the same.

I will join the last time for today, have to sleep soon

Kk, it's been fun.

Forgot about that deceptive range.

Thanks for joining, Luk

Trio in the woods are cunts; Bloodborne is a great game.

How so?

anyone up for Amygdala, ringing at the gate, password is kosm

The music and mid-fight transformation.

Anyone bored enough to help run one of my low level characters through the first part of the DLC to get the Saif and church pick?

Sure is slow tonight.

Yeah. Been spending the last hour on defiled watchdog, only one new post.

did just kill him though

Good on you.

Thanks.

Amy's going to be a bitch.

Ahhh gomen Iris here, I got called away by a friend who wanted to join. I'm sorry I scrubbed it up tonight, I just wanted to help ;-;. Hopefully tomorrow I'm more useful.

Don't worry about it.

If you're available, Amy should be pretty easy with two people.

Not tonight, I'm clocking out. Tomorrow around 8pm I'm gonna be around providing support again because I just wanna help the good hunters. except ExplodinBurrito they're fags and eat ass

Was able to claw my way to the saif but there's no way I can take Ludwig and all the shit in-between me and the pick, unfortunately. I'll just try again in a few levels I guess.

so I've killed Amygdala, anything worth finding down the path with all the Yeti's?

I'm trying to remember, but am coming up blank.

Pretty sure you get chunks around there. Maybe that's the path to the obelisk shortcut, but I forget.

If I'm still doing Chalices, see you tomorrow.

I would have helped people with bosses if my friends didn't want to watch movies tonight.

Obelisk shortcut?

There's a standing obelisk than you can run up to and push it down creating a little ramp from the start of the area to where the boulder giants are

What's the funnest way to do another playthrough if I've already gone two rounds of straight melee?

BLT/ARC

anyone know how much does BMA empower a gun by?

Bloodtinge and Skill.
Parry4dayz.

Playing arcane would be going to the spells in the game asap and abusing those? And bloodtinge is using guns? Or those weapons with bloodtinge requirement?

all of the above

well finally managed to beat the goddamn Bloody Crow, that was an ordeal

Going through Lower Loran, BL 80, if anyone wants to drop in.

Lore question: Does the game take place in some post apocalypse scenario or is this just an average tuesday for yharnam?

Pro apocalypse:
>bodies everywhere
>graves and abandoned coffins everywhere
>crazy mutated monsters
>important buildings are abandoned

Pro average night:
>hunters you meet seem to be doing 'normal' things(searching through byrgenwerth, spying on mensis school, hoontin hoonters)
>sane people you meet dont ever talk about apocalyptic events
>villagers cooperate and patrol the streets

So to me it looks like the whole city is doomed, but nobody acknowledges it?

>Stuck on Ludwig for four hours

Ain't even mad. Just wish I could stop dropping all the spaghetti in phase two.

At the beginning of the game, in the evening, all NPCs in their houses call it the Night of the Hunt and chastise you for being outside. So this isn't the first time the beasts have been out and townsfolk/the church/hunters have been killing them. Those NPCs are basically "Yo we're gonna wait this one out inside, you're screwed outside bruh"
However, talking to the Chapel Dweller gives you a bit more information about this particular night. He says it isn't like regular hunts, that it's unusually long, and people are turning while in their homes guarded by incense. Rescue 4 people, and he'll tell you there are no more survivors in the city. Yharnam is done for.

So to answer your question it starts out as any other night of the hunt, but very soon becomes much deadlier, much more widespread, and much, much more sinister, but by that time only a handful of people, you included, are there to witness it. And most of those people go insane.

It's neither.

>Good, good. I've been waiting for one of your ilk. These hunts have everyone all locked up inside. Waiting for it to end... It always does, always has, y'know. Since forever. But it won't end very nicely, not this time. Even some folks hiding inside are goin' bad. The screams of wimminfolk, the stench of blood, the snarls of beasts... none of em's too uncommon now. Yharnam's done fer, I tell ya.

The night of the hunt is a special event that occurs during full moons/blood moons. Most of Yharnam locks themselves away during these nights whilst the hunters go about cleaning up the 'infected'. But tonight things are particularly crazy. It's not pre or post apocalypse, it's mid-apocalypse.

Well not strictly apocalypse since it seems to mostly be a contained issue to Yharnam and the surrounding area.

>he'll tell you there are no more survivors in the city
This can't really be taken as fact since you can rescue all four of them and still speak to other people in their windows.

Actually, I want to address a few more things.The villagers are co-operating with each other but are clearly insane. They're turning into beasts and identify you as a monster/beast because you have a different appearance and scent. Working together, yes, but like a pack of animals.

And many of them when killed say "This town's finished" so there's that.
There's a note in Yahar'Gul saying the Mensis Ritual must be stopped ,or we shall all turn to beasts.
And Laurence leaves a note in the lecture building about how Evolution without Courage will be the end of Humanity.

So again, yeah, normal night of the hunt, but all the underlying factors of the hunt, like the nature of the scourge, the role of the cosmos, truth of blood ministration, etc, are coming to a head on this Night of the Hunt and everybody is fucked.

I think killing Rom turns things post-apocalypse. Everyone in Yharnam is dead or turned, the few survivors you saved are also either dead or insane, every NPC hunter you've met is either dead, blood-addled (and then killed), or bestial (and killed).

I may be iffy on the actual words, but he does say there is no one left to save. And the NPCs inside their houses all go insane and, soon after, their lights go out.

Besides, all your survivors get fucked up. Except maybe the skeptical man, I think he turns out okay?

I still want this guy to post his sliders.

You can save those four and both Gascoigne's other daughter as well as Gilbert are still surviving and will talk to you, not to mention Alfred, Eileen, etc.

It's just something to tell the player the chapel is maxed, not an omniscient foresight from Oedon itself.

Gilbert is infected and turns, there isn't any way to change that. Doesn't Gascan's older daughter go insane or die, regardless of what you do? The light is out there as well, says "no response".

I understand the dialogue is there so nobody goes around frantically searching for somebody else, but it does highlight how virtually no other character in the game can stay alive and sane, i.e. there is no one left to save because everyone who isn't dead is doomed one way or another.

I think it starts out just like any other Hunt, but as the night progresses, and especially post Rom, enters point-of-no-return territory. I also think Yharnam's been slowly falling apart for a long time, and the game takes place on the night where it got completly fucked.

>Doesn't Gascan's older daughter go insane or die, regardless of what you do?
If you give her the ribbon she'll kill herself. If you ignore her the lights'll go out and you'll get no response, same as with her little sister.

It's important to note that she only appears at the blood moon, which is when everything reaches critical mass, and she remains sane up until you give her the bloodied ribbon of her little sister.

Yeah, so there is literally no one to save. Nobody makes it out with you.

>someone saved my character

I was just farming watchers and got a fire radial, I didn't think Pthumeru watchers dropped elemental gems?

Pics?

Any effect is possible but it's just ultra rare, someone got a 23% Radial Nourishing one time, and a 32.6% Bloodtinge Gem.

requesting webms my peeps, specifically the one showing the stake driver vs ebrietas

>23% Radial Nourishing one time, and a 32.6% Bloodtinge Gem.
Bollocks

The guy in the cathedral can survive if you don't bring the beggar beast or don't kill him, and relatively sane too...

I'm guessing you arnt an Arcane build?

Because with that gem you could have the best fire weapon in the game, since could have +flat fire as a secondary effect on 2 Cold Abyssals or another 27% fire.

Unfortunately not, skill build.

But what about all the mutations? Are the fishmen in the hamlet normal for yharnam? What about the sluglike students of the college? Or the beings with the meatbobbleheads?

Goddamnit. I can't fucking do it.

I've solo'd him before, at a lower level, although possibly with better gems and more vit. Either way this is ridiculous. Seven fucking hours. Fuck.

Need help, user?

Is it possible for ANY gem to be off-shaped? I've been trying to farm an off-shape flat fire gem for 5 million echoes and never gotten one.

Is it also possible for an off-shape from a chest?

I've seen pictures of both, the BLT one was in this very general.

Watchers can potentially drop the highest primary effect of any gem type (except STR/ARC scaling) it's just really fucking rare outside of Tempering, Adept and Elementals in Isz. Best possible poison gems come from them, but it's so low of a chance it will probably never happen in a lifetime of farming.

It's a horribly designed system. They should have made No Secondary effect a secondary effect that could appear on any gem, not limit it to Watchers. They should have also made every single effect on Watchers be an equal drop chance, but also ensuring ever effect had somewhere to farm with no more than 3 effects in the drop pool.

Someday, for sure. Someday...

I'm going to need proof on that shit, because I've never heard of a 23% nourishing or a 32% blood

I don't think chests can be offshapes, but it's not something you can confirm without opening 1000s of them.

Offshape Flat Fire gems should be possible, but I've heard people complain before (was probably you), so maybe there's a hidden mechanic.

Nah, I'm gonna solo him. I'm just really pissed off that I can't so far, especially after seeing some other user say he did it at a lower level, and having done it myself.

>Are the fishmen in the hamlet normal for yharnam?
Either Kos or Burgers and Fries messed up with the people in the hamlet, given that Burgerworth were opening their brains to see what's inside it must have been Kosm.
>What about the sluglike students of the college?
No idea of what they are, maybe the same as brainfuckers and the fly people
>Or the beings with the meatbobbleheads?
That was the choir and their experiment with blood.

I'm sure someone here has a saved pic the 32% Blood, it was posted in bbg ~2 months ago.

Well, if anybody does have it, I'd like to see it.
Though there's always a chance it's an edited picture.

Now let the madness of knowing you will never have one consume you.

Some dude who used to go to the FCs had two in his Bloodletter IIRC. He referred to them as "full Korean mode".

Too small to really have a proper look to check (as well as one can) if it's been altered.

Jesus dude, just google "23% Nourishing" a bunch of people have them, even more talking about how to get them.

WATCHERS. CAN. DROP. ANYTHING.

Well, now I'm going to have to farm watchers until I die...

No, they are 31.5% gems. Offshapes from a Shotgun Fatty mob. They are common drops as Circle gems, but to get Radial, Triangle or Waning requires 1000s of farming runs. Since it's a standard mob it can only go up to Rating 18.

32.6% is a rating 19 gem which comes from Layer 1-2 bosses, meaning the Radial 32% BLT gem came from Merciless Watchers boss, which is unheard of.

What's that from again? I know I've seen that full clip on YT, but I can't remember what it's called.

Yeah but those things all happend before the night of the hunt, albeit in secrecy, right?

Found proof of BLT as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=byrHVYHlV6A

This guys is triangle, the one posted here was Radial. So both areas of Watchers can drop them.

How did kos manage to get preggo?

Great One society is really conservitive, so she didn't get any proper Sex-Ed during her Eldrich Education. Poor gal was taken advantage of by a horny college jock named Gehrman

How is tentaclbabby formed? How Kos get pragnet?

> these gems

Wew lads, the desire to go full Korean is rising inside me.

Did anything ever come of that guy trying to buff the boss Watchers with the Ritekeepers AOE? I don't know if he ever came back with results. But imagine a rating 20 Watcher Bloodtinge Gem...[/spoiler]its enough to make a man sick[/spoiler]

>How Kos get pragnet?
Well it all starts with Barry White and jello shots...