/edg/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous #46

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/286967-IMPORTANT-OFFICIAL-SHIP-TRANSFER-POLL
REMEMBER TO VOTE

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

dereksmart.org/forums/topic/sc-scoop/
gameranx.com/updates/id/73286/article/the-building-controversy-of-star-citizen/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/producer-christopher-eberts-sentenced-four-809013
youtu.be/au6mMl5A79Q
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fR-PhnjoHMbSJ0wjHCOEuQ_JYHwGus6LeLGSA094YJg/edit#gid=0
gameranx.com/updates/id/70033/article/the-chris-roberts-theory-of-everything/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do rocks need gravity?

big rocks make gravity
but do we need magnets?

You'd need magic reaction wheels to keep the whole thing from spinning due to the unbalanced torque from the needlessly rotating sections.

>needlessly
pretty sure they're performing some rock tumbler kind of action and breaking the big rocks up for convenient extraction

>please please please pleaseeeeee let me cheeeeaaaaaat

instant-niggers are pathetic

t. dual monitor neet
>please give me as much downtime as possible I have all this anime to watch

I just don't go on 100 ly joyrides expecting them to be short like a retard

>He thinks 100ly is a long distance

just multiply how much of a retard you are by the amount of extra lightyears you go then

>shitposting with anime

As stale as century old bread

0/10 you didn't even try

but user 0 multiplied by anything else is 0

I have to wonder. Why didn't they just put a youtube player/browser in this game?

If they force delay it'd be neat to be able to transfer the ship to your destination at the start of the journey.

What was the name of that new xbox huge gun again

Personally I don't give a fuck about the delay, the real victory is having a transfer mechanic. Just being able to bring every ship I own to a new station if I switch home bases without having to fit X hauler shuttles to ferry myself between stations would be huge. However a delay does directly cause me to not want to play the game, because why should I play when there's nothing to do if I'm waiting for X ship to get to where I am? And a game that makes you want to not play because you're waiting for something to happen fails at its intended purpose of being a game.

>inb4 dads saying elite is a simulator not a game

transferring to any station not just the one you're on would be a necessity yes

>Get home from work
>Little tired, but I don't want to be one of those guys that just works then sleeps for the rest of the day.
>Shower, watch something on Netflix to relax.
>Get an Alert on my phone from the Elite App
>War has broken out between the Empire and Federation again
>Arissa has specifically given all CMDRs above a certain rank with the Empire a mission to go and deal with it.
>Login. We're doing this.

>Character wakes up, gets out of bed
>Ship's winged cat is flying around. Shit's cool.
>Friend was hanging out in my ship. He doesn't have enough to buy a Cutter yet, so I've given his character permission to just free-roam my ship while I'm not online.
>Tell him we have work to do
>Assign him to the Navigation role
>Boost's ship's FSD range by 50%
>He gets out of the ship's pool and walks with me to the bridge
>Swing the chair around, hit the ignition
>Fly to war

>ship's pool
and I thought usable ship toilets were fidelity

>how to trigger dads

>dereksmart.org/forums/topic/sc-scoop/

>gameranx.com/updates/id/73286/article/the-building-controversy-of-star-citizen/

>hollywoodreporter.com/news/producer-christopher-eberts-sentenced-four-809013

>CR: I can tell you there’s a… you know… ah… there’s NOTHING SHADY WITH US, we’re straight up, I think… people that say things like that, they… you know… people was it… look in a mirror… something like that

Really makes you think...

>ship's pool

>Yes, you read that right. Wulf Knight aka Dick Wulf aka The Wulge (that’s him in the back!) a married man, who was said to have been caught (and reported to CIG/RSI) sending inappropriate images (read: dick pics) to a female member of the Star Citizen community, while engaging in questionable chat conduct – and manipulating the game’s ship sales, is now somehow helping to organize the security for the upcoming Oct 6 event.

t. derek

>derek said it so none of it is true

t.drone

>star citizen delusion applied to ED

that's actually pretty much how it's worked in the past yeah

>On the surface it might not look like much, but allow me to expand upon what’s depicted there with context information. I called the Plantiff’s Lawyer’s Office and I was able to learn the basics of the unfolding ordeal from his assistant. They explained to me that D&M Contractors were looking to get paid for work they did at Cloud Imperium Games, and for whatever undisclosed reason that didn’t happen.

Why am I not surprised? Someone should tell CIG that you can't bullshit people like you can with brain-dead backers.

>The point of mentioning that is to just make it clear that D and M General Constructor did work for RSI, and what the lawsuit appears to refer to. To get a building in tip-top shape is a lot of hard work: electrical, plumbing, and heating are vital factors of consideration. However the line between necessity and luxury starts to blur when decorative items are involved. “PROPOSE (2) ON-SITE NON ILLUMINATED INDIVIDUAL CHANNEL LETTERS WALL SIGNS: SIGN “A” 91″ X 61″ AT STREET FRONT READS WITH LOGO AND SIGN “B” 62.5″ X 28″ FACING PARKING LOT READS ,” being one of these.

I can't wait for CIG to get fucked in the ass over this. You better throw more money at the dream, goyim.

>starcitizencaliforniaofficeconstruction
>The studio itself is the place where Cloud Imperium Games employees work every day. “Construction done without permits or inspections,” opens up a whole slew of possible questions about the safety conditions of the building itself.
>Is it considered normal to have employees and staff working in an environment with ongoing construction?
>As stated earlier, assessment of the building permits revealed that renovations began back in April 2015, with a contractor dispute happening by the end of September.
>But then we see work happening at the very start of November, and by the end of the month the team is already moving in.
>How much time was lost with employees not having a proper desk to work at, or spent doing building related chores to help the renovation process along?
>The overall potential of occupational hazards here seems noticeably higher than what’s considered a safe level.

But hey, it's cool, they have a espresso machine that costs 13k, so it's all good, right?

it's the cappuchino machine all over again
by which I mean, retards on SA looking up the most expensive related item they can find and assuming it was the exact model the office bought, and at retail price

>the brand new building they moved into in downtown LA is probably a near-condemned ruin guys
holy fuck this is hilarious. keep it up. what else, are they exploiting child coders in Albania and passing the work off as their own?

I completely understand if CIG started buying luxury goods after the game officially launched and they started raking in profit, but buying shit like that right now is just unnecessary and irresponsible.

Nope, instead they're paying third-rate mexican designers to create space ships

CGBot got fired for being shit like two years ago though

With time and money wasted redesigning it over and over.

Goons just keep getting more desperate and pathetic by the day. They came to visit the circus but they've ended up headlining the freak show

>company is a financial circus
>blame the goons

Ok

>company is a financial circus

[citation needed]

>Then consider the “Open Development” mantra that the Star Citizen project is supposed to adhere to, due to their crowdfunding campaign that made the choice to continue raising funds for almost four years now.
>An ongoing court case is a project risk that backers need to be aware of, as there’s a fair chance that it might affect the production time or outcome of the product they were looking to receive.
>$123 million isn’t just a number, there’s a responsibility that comes with that too. Given the example provided in this article, the question of “Are backer funds used to cover legal expenses?” is now on the table.

Now that really makes you think...

It must suck to have nothing better to do than posting butthurt pasta on a Saturday morning.

did that stalker Monroe shit out another blog post or something?

What I don't get is if everyone thinks Monroe is full of it, then why are people DDOS'ing Gameranx right after his articles are posted?

のヮの

except everything he said was true?

Cultists gonna cult? I can't think of any group however who is a) naive enought to be a rabid fanboy with untempered expectations a la RSI yet b) malicious enough to ddos some noname blog over a game like Veeky Forums might.

Are you sure they weren't just unprepared for the epic butthurt his clickbait ramble generated? If half the dedicated sc fanbase clicked it the same day their dinky geocities page could have easily been overwhelmed.

>his
Learn your pronouns Nick, it's "my"

Shoo.

youtu.be/au6mMl5A79Q

I still can't believe Roberto spent $50.000.000 on a door.

>Are you sure they weren't just unprepared for the epic butthurt his clickbait ramble generated? If half the dedicated sc fanbase clicked it the same day their dinky geocities page could have easily been overwhelmed.

It doesn't really matter, if you want to rake in views on a website, one of the best bets is to shit on Star Citizen, which is very easy to do given Chris' shady Hollywood history, his vacations, his wife, his associates, his 13k espresso machines, his sliding doors, his ipod furniture, etc.

>his vacations
I don't think the guy has taken one in years actually
>ipod furniture
What? Is that even a thing?

>What? Is that even a thing?
yes

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fR-PhnjoHMbSJ0wjHCOEuQ_JYHwGus6LeLGSA094YJg/edit#gid=0

>I don't think the guy has taken one in years actually

And he just got back from Maui not too long ago

This is him going to Maui. Surely it's business related, right guys?

>Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.

>mexican flag
>Maui

thats italy you mong

>denial

how does it feel to have given thousands of dollars to people who were previously involved with international money laundering scams?

labelling true statements false doesn't arbitrarily make them false

>denial

Same applies to labeling things scams

you're right it's not like there aren't thousands of words written to back it up

>thousands of words written to back it up
all of which, are Derek Smart's.

ED bros, are you shilling for no transfer time with your steam friends?
got 3 votes today

>denial

Honestly the whales have only themslves to blame
>sure 100 mil is more than enough to finish the project even taking chris's classic perfectionism into account but who cares, I'm going to throw more money at them.

Anyone who bought anything from CIG after 100 mil and especially after the SC/sq42 split is part of the problem.

Better than it'd feel to waste my life away impotently raging at a man who's beaten me at every turn and continues to wildly outpace me.

>doesn't even deny he's thousands deep in the scame
>delusional

>It's a people don't understand capitalism and still think the money earned by rsi is "backers money" episode

>Anyone who bought anything from CIG after 100 mil and especially after the SC/sq42 split is part of the problem.

I agree. It's a community of enablers. There's one guild that even calls themselves as such, and it's led by a degenerate tranny no less.

It's not worth denying, as you'll just claim I'm lying and still delusional. I'm an /edg/ fag though, so keep tilting at windmills, your butthurt is fun to watch.

>it's a "capitalism is the wild west anything goes" episode
you give money in exchange for goods and services, they can't just do willy nilly whatever they want with that money until the transaction is fulfilled

Watch out, user. The next thing he's going to throw at you is "lel it's pledge/donation", even though it comes with VAT.

The entirety of Derek's life has been denial.
How one man can keep on going without killing himself out of pure shame I do not know.

The whole Star Citizen trip has been enjoyable if only to watch him self-destruct out of pure envy.

The transaction was fullfilled the moment they were billed

>if I throw enough shit at derek star citizen will retroactively come out on time and on budget

A hero of our time.

oh I don't care about whether or not SC comes out tbhqyf
I gave them $30 years ago an have plenty of games to play in the mean time.

I'm just here for the retards who actually believe anything Smart says.
See, I'm from the old internet who remembers this guy where as you are some underage Goon who is just as delusioned as the Cult Citizens you try to attack.

Please, continue!

Did you buy them the game?

this guy posting this isn't much better tbqh

>derek produced all this
he just posted easily findable public information, why so triggered? see something you don't like about your goddess?

nope, they already had it but almost never played for obvious reasons
i still have one friend to talk to but he's offline rn
we could also try to message groups about ED or spacegames in general

>30 bux

That's 30 bux too much.

It might make you less of a retard, but you're still retarded.

na uh, you're retarded!

has frontier said whether or not they will count all the votes from one person as a single vote?

What do you mean?
One vote allowed per account

What about all the people with multiple accounts?

Can you have multiple accounts if you buy the game only once?

>bux
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew lad

back to your lovin poo poo hole pls

>Give free access to Hornet and Vangard for fun.
>Zero options to buy them afterwards.

They dont like money? Maybe they dont even like freedom???

CQC IS FUN!

I wish Frontier did something to keep it relevant

Are you stupid?

>not linking this one

gameranx.com/updates/id/70033/article/the-chris-roberts-theory-of-everything/

>not setting it to scroll through while you watch season 1 and 2 of your favorite animus

What did he mean by this?

wtf i hate gameranx now

u do realize that dude was a multimillionaire before whole CIG thing ?

>being this stupid

Yeah, I'm sure he's spending his own money.

CR is a millionaire before SC happens.
DS was a millionaire before LoD happens.

I heard it was 72million and attacks derek smart and his goonboys on sight with lasers and butter knives