Why shouldnt I buy this 1985 Merkur XR4Ti for $3850?

Why shouldnt I buy this 1985 Merkur XR4Ti for $3850?
"Up for sale is a clean low mileage 1985 Merkur XR4Ti 5 speed. If you're looking at this car you know how rare it is. The car is bone stock with only 84,000 miles other than wheels and Quaif shifter. All hoses and belts are new along with the timing belt set.
Now for the fun stuff, Coming with the car is about 90% of what you need to build a 350 hp motor. Everything is new that could be bought new and the sheet metal needed(passenger side wheel arch and the last OEM rockers). Stinger header, 3 inch chrome downtube, new Larger turbo, SVO PE computer, larger air vein, intercooler and piping, manual wastegate with Remote, blow off valve, full engine gasket kit, and more. Something else has caught my eye now so my loss is your gain."

Do these make decent DD's?

what the fuck is a manual wastegate?

You pull a knob when boost gets near the red.

love that speedo

>sheet metal needed(passenger side wheel arch and the last OEM rockers)
Stay away from that rustpile.

are you kidding me? who can react that fast?

even if i could get it under $2500?

If you're fast enough to shift at redline, then you are fast enough.

How does a cheaper price cure a rusted out car body?

No. Keep it stock and fix the rust.

have no idea if you are kidding or not but the whole concept is terrible, also my car makes full boost way before 3k rpm so yeah you are going to react mighty fast

see

>fix the rust

Posting in kid wants to be a special snowflake thread
These are pretty similar to SVO Mustangs but not similar enough.

Don't buy this car to load up miles daily driving a rare car with low mileage.

mustangs are meme cars.

I mean so is the XR4Ti

but its a cooler meme car.

kill yourself btw.

>not knowing how to weld.

>SOHC turbo

whats wrong with this

You literally have to throw 25+ lbs of boost at it to get decent power out of the Lima, and the rear will shatter with a good amount of power

It's also 31 fucking years old

What's the engine in those?

Looks like someones beat to hell unfinished project. You can buy a TurboCoupe for cheaper.

Why tho

These cars are difficult to get parts for. THey are cool and unique but the only thing they have in common with the SVO is the engine. Myself, I would rather spend $3850 on a Turbo Coupe, XR-7, or a SVO if one can be found in that price range. At least those shared a common platform with the thousands of NA Mustangs, Cougars, and Thunderbirds produced and parts are relatively easy to come by. If you get it enjoy it, the Merkur division is all but forgotten anymore.