/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Mystery Box Edition

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

previous colony

1st for alphabeavers

glittertech is shit and you should maybe add the Misc. Core + other Misc . parts because they add quite alot great things (randomized ruins on the map and incidents for example)

Man I fucking hate them, they're so unfair.

I'd rather have a raid and wargs at the same time

The latter. I have a giant undermountain complex with huge hallways. Heat from the hallways is dumped outdoors and heat from the freezer is dumped to the hallways. Individual rooms do not need extra cooling - I keep most doors open sans bedrooms and freezer. The heat capacity of the huge hallway area is enough to stabilize the temperature inside the entire complex. However, I don't get particularly hot summers (about 50C with heat waves) so I only need 2 coolers for the hallways, set at 25C. On the other hand, I have around 6 heaters set to 21. The AC systems stay on low power most of the time, only heat waves and long volcanic winters force them on full blast to maintain that comfy 21-25C.

Bad idea. You will get orbital trader supply drops inside those sealed heat sink rooms.

Will this game ever go on sale?

>early access game goes on sale

why is this even allowed?

mate it's been on steam for a short time and it's selling very well

maybe a fiver off at christmas

Me too, all that free meat and furs is just unfair.

on keyreseller sites its already down to 20 yurobucks (at least a few hours ago when i bought it for bf )
would def advise to get steam version because 1 click mod installs is heaven for a game with 100 small af mods like rimworld

guess you either savescumm or play on an easy mode difficulty.

on higher difficulties hunting pack animals is just too risky. even Tynan said that you should avoid hunting because it's too risky

>on higher difficulties hunting pack animals is just too risky. even Tynan said that you should avoid hunting because it's too risky

If you have one decent gun per colonist, even if it's pistols, you can hunt all but the largest ones.

Git gud. You kill them manually with draftees instead of the hunting job.

So just dig them open and grab the loot, then seal them back up. Who gives a fuck.

The game is still literally in "alpha", so why are people *paying* for it?

it's not "your" money, so why do you even *care* ?

>m-muh difficulty
Mate, difficulty does not change animal behavior and the beavers incident does not scale.

>caring about labels

I bet you have your own pronouns, you kek.

>not playing exclusively on -100C maps

after playing it for easily 400 hours pirated i bought it because i dont have many games i ike that much and honestly i9 have spend money alot worse , the workshop is great and i dont regret paying full price for it one second

Huh? What are you talking about? Higher difficulties wear your colony more out. You lose more ressources to raids because things like turrets get destroyed. More colonists get injured or even killed.

You want to avoid unnecessary attacks on your colonists when you already lose more to more difficulty raids.

What mods you do need to get those?

The average temperature of northernmost squares never goes below -40C with vanilla worldgen.

Dont even bother with -100C maps. They are fucking boring. Nothing outside can survive for a longer period. Why bother attacking a Siege? No animals to hunt.

It's only challenging in the beginning until you have your food income running and enough heat to not freeze to death

yes it does just look more

>manhunting muffalos
>fucking wargs
>mechanoids
>raiders with -130C low temp ranges

Yeah, I get plenty of shit to deal with.

I wanna try it. I already did a flat ice sheet embark, but it was only like -60C and even that only during winter.

I guess it might dip a little bit below -40C avg if you get extreme levels of elevation.

Could you please share any seeds with these mythical -100C areas?

gimme a sec but sure

Try this.

so like in any other biome? so what's the difficulty then?

Thanks!

ree fucking heatwaves before I get my cooler

Because the dev is calling it alpha until he stops adding content

It's already a game you can complete so it's not like you're paying for something with no endgame

My greenhouse gets very hot during dummer due to sun lamps and a geothermal plant indoors, so I have to refrigerate it. Why isn't there a simple function on vents to close/open them if indoors is hotter than outdoors? Using energy to cool a room is fucking retarded.

>cold snap during growing season when my crops are at 80%

>geothermal plant inside

are you retarded

Run seed 549191 at 400x300, there's a mountain with -99.8 avg in winter. It's the coldest I know of.

It honestly is boring though, you can't even call caravans. Surviving exposure is only an issue in the beginning, then it's just a nuisance.

It would otherwise eat up a lot of space I could use for farming, and during winters it's extra heat which translates to less power drain. Yes, I'm clearly retarded.

and now in summer it eats up energy to cool......

>Using energy to cool a room is fucking retarded.
i know right, air conditioners irl are fucking retarded

Jokes aside, why not simply hold open the greenhouse doors during summers?

Or you can just micromanage it? Just leave a door open.

Ok so cold is boring. What about the hottest possible embarks? How high can you go that way?

Is there any mod that implement EdB-like colonist squads?

>Colonist kills his own mother, sister and grandmother in one raid
>Mood remains content because he's banging his pretty wife

>manhunter boomrat pack and pirate raid at the same time

this is it lads
im done

have them occupy the same space and shoot a boomrat
Done.

They'll fight eachother if you're lucky.

No, I can just deconstruct some walls. But it's annoying when a simpler solution would exist, but the game doesn't deliver.

the simpler solution is :: :: :: : : :: : : dont build geothermals indoors you fuckwit

Sun lamps alone will generate enough heat to slowly raise the temperature. And like I said, walling the geothermal out would eat up arable land, which is silly. And there's the added bonus of extra heat in winter.

I actually have all of my geothermals indoors.

i use 2 heater and 2 cooler in 2x1 rooms with vents connecting into my growing buidlings with sun lamps keeps temps at nice 21°C and isnt that energy intensive
why do you build all geos indoor? i mean i see that having the heat is nice in winter but imho it doesnt make a difference not using it because in rimworld its rarely about a 50KW more or less

>pyromaniac starting fires on 100% mood
its like the mood system almost works

To protect them from raiders.

i c i always have my defenses (sandbags, handful of turrets , minefields) near the building that is farthest out of my "base" its usually a geo so it doesnt matter if i wall them in or not

That's inefficient as fuck, sounds like. Most of the time the raiders will just bang a couple of times on the geo building door and then leave to join the rest of the group.

Only to be mowed down by better positioned defenses.

well i use alot small positions i can man depending from what direction they come and i always position them outside of my base so if the geo is 100 tiles easy of my base my defensive position will be 20-30 tiles east from the geo

*east of my base

>do until you have x orders
>set 2 stoves to keep 200 fine meals stockpiled, the rest lavish meals
>cant type the number in
>have to click a plus button 400 times
10/10 UI design.

Click the Details button on the bill you fucking tard

still no option to type the number you want :^)

>Can make raccoon leather
>Cant make coonskin caps

Well it's not like you can make ushankas either. Unfortunately, all leather caps are out at the moment.

>being this dumb

Enjoy your (yous)

what would the storyteller do if you split your colonists up to different parts of the map?

i think it doesnt affect anything

Why would that change anything?

>325x325 (105625 cells)
so comfortable

where would it direct raids if you had a colonist in each corner is basically what I'm asking.

raiders just want to fuck shit up fampai

The storyteller AI doesn't direct raids, the combat AI does. Raiders just wreck whatever they can path to.

Storyteller AI just spawns events out of nothing.

>tfw you receive a completely healthy prosthophile

in this case she really is asking for this

How bad could it be? I'm going to go for it!

I'm still going for it. Ugly people are allowed a chance ;_:

I find funny how an ugly pawn and a beautiful pawn can look the same.

no we arent

wanna hear a secret

sure

you arent ugly
you are too lazy to take care of yourself which is worse

>Big fat Scandi viking-wannabe thats a really good miner but refuses to bother with guns

do i keep him or do i tell him to go armwrestle a bear?

is melee even good

i wish user

i wish ; - ;

If you're Asian, try have a clear smooth face. If you're white, try lifting. Otherwise you're fucked.

Melee is not horrible, but comes with too much risk factor. Give him a shoddy wooden club so he can beat people into submission to capture them

And so ends the marooned SNSD: Yoona dying of space aids in bed as an electrical fire encroaches.

Eight non-haulers/cleaners with just one dumb laborer really sucks.

RIP. I hope you learned your lesson.

>mess with modding simple prosthetic fingers
It made prosthophiles too easy to please (since fingers are cheaper), got rid of the "should I remove the whole arm?" decision and cluttered the operations menu. Bad idea was bad.

And I'm still trying to find a decent, non-assembly way to add a new diet for ALWAYS BAD ALFABIVERS petrabeavers. It looks like it'll have to wait until I reinstall the system.

I knew in advance that eight Pop Idol starts and one Bodyguard start was a recipe for fun. Too bad I couldn't get them all addicted to cocaine before the worst came down.

im white but im a small fuccboi and i hate every cell of myself with burning hate and every attempt t look manlier/different ends with me hating myself even more

ok i was wrong
its just a self-esteem issue
grow up kid, youre fine

Take a look outside: there are so many ugly ass motherfuckers walking around with wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, living fine. Focus on whatever you're good at doing, even if you're not that good at it, and it'll stop mattering as much.

My map is filled with thoses things.

Are you the guy who posted his face """"accidentally"""" a couple of threads back? Yeah, you're ugly as fuck. Consider suicide.

Damn what map size are you even playing on?

its fun when a forest fire burns down the walls in the second season

no lel i would never post my face anywhere

>fire burning down inflammable walls
m8

>can't tell a metal wall when he sees one
real shameful son

Oh, ok. Post face then? I want to evaluate your ugliness for myself.

isnt anyone here playing on the largest size?

never i dont even have any pics of me that arent baby pictures and i dont plan to make any at all ever

user it's just not the same game if you give yourself 12 geothermals and enough metals to craft all the technology.