/ovg/ - Spongebob Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/ewn77r3q5b8qi3u/Oreca_FLM09_v0926.rfcmp
my.mixtape.moe/ltjrei.webm
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FIRST FOR LMPC

This is as close as I got to the Flat6. I think it looks quite nice.

There are still some minor visual bugs. Headlamp flares don't work (the headlights still illuminate the road), there is a weird polygon that only shows up in-game for me and the Motec is a bit weird (fully functional though)

Those are the most noticeable bugs off the top of my head.

Same physics as the original Enduracers release other than the new ISI rF2 spec tyres. Its a pleasant drive IMO.

Also now it only has two tyre compounds, one slick and one rain tyre.

Here it is.

mediafire.com/download/ewn77r3q5b8qi3u/Oreca_FLM09_v0926.rfcmp

Enjoy!

>just bought assetto corsa
holy shit this is fun

Shame I dont have my 970 to make these cars shine properly

I cannot for the life of me keep any of the GT1 cars from spinning out/going off-track at Ohio for even one lap, save going

learn how to use smooth analog movements, make sure you have a deadzone set up, lower diff power and dont lock up

>deadzone
>smooth analog movements
Already done
>lower diff power
Will look into that
>don't lock up
Explain?

>lower diff power
So it oversteers more on throttle? Sounds like what he doesn't want.

Make sure to lower sensitivity, what this does is make it nonlinear so at 50% sensitivity you have a ton of your stick movement dedicated to a smaller amount of wheel movement. This makes it easier to control the car at speed because you don't have to make really micro movements in order to do small turns.

When you are braking into the corner, dont just slam the brakes, make sure the front wheels dont lock up, because if they do and you start steering in, either you understeer and miss the corner or the back end comes around spinning.

Basically be smooth as possible, best you can do is practice. Also it could be that you picked one of the cars that don't have autoblip, pick the most recent model of the car.

for example if you are using aston, dont use an 05 one, look for 08 or 09.

>but gt1 dont have autoblip
yeah, but enduracers put them for some reason

diff power works the other way around in rf1

>The Spongebob Squarepants 400
I laughed like the silly foreigner I am

>diff power works the other way around in rf1

This is exactly why I hate making setups. Because so much information keeps contradicting itself

>keep mixing up if i should increase/decrease values to get the effect i want (in this case: less oversteer on power)
>look up on the setup guide for rf1 that's linked on the wiki
>see this
>add diff power & diff coast
>car still oversteers a lot
>wonder why all the other changes to deal with oversteer on throttle have barely any effect

Well, atleast I know now. 1:17 and maybe even 1:16 times, here I come

>Increasing diff power tends to increase the propensity to travel straight ahead under power
Maybe if the car is FWD or has infinite grip. The higher the percentage, the harder the diff locks under whichever effect you're tuning.
In simple terms, 100% for power and coast is more or less a locky, which is probably unhelpful.

welcome to the world of simracing, where suspension settings to make a car more oversteery in one sim, makes the same exact car flip its shit in another sim.

>some of them have run 15s offline
Fifteen-whats? There's a 15.7xx in it if I could put the sectors together, curious to see where the others are at

>buying Assetto Corsa
>inb4 people cry "muh simcade/simulation value" in your face"

ass corsa is not even capable of things as simple as velocirotational density simulation, it's arcade

Can you guys really play these games?

I tried a lot with a g27 and all, but it's just too weird to me. I don't feel the speed, I don't feel the G's, and it makes me 100% unable to corner properly, I can't tell if I'm going too fast or not.

Dirt rally is fun so far but stuff like asseto corsa/rfactor is just plain boring, everything looks slow as fuck while being way too fast.

Put a bit of ABS/TC on

spotted the Associat0r

>I don't feel the speed
correct your FOV settings, acquire more displays
>i don't feel the G's
no shit

how do I git gud in AC

I couldn't really tell the speed I was going so I plugged in more monitors which helped.

Now I seem to have issues with turn in and brake/accelerator modulation.

I have a feeling this is due to the inaccuracy inherent in the 360 controller im using, it takes very small movements to have a big effect on throttle/brake/steer.

Do i need to change some settings or just [buy a wheel] for like 300 shekels.

weebum related its the only drift I can make neatly with the shit controller, AWD

my.mixtape.moe/ltjrei.webm

Until someone decides to do something that has to do with touge, we have a whole Sunday-funday doing nothing. Let's fix that.
This sunday we can have a small rallycross competition. Nothing official, just something to kill some time while being HEKTIK. We're gonna use the 6 cars that are on the server right now, but to avoid people getting locked out of a car they want, pick what car you want to drive. And the track is not final. Any opinions are welcome, but I am considering estering RX, gentleman rallycross or kouvola. I was considering blackwood too, but looking at videos, it seems like the gravel part was just as grippy as the tarmac part.

Anyhow, if you're interested put your name and your car of choice in the doc. If more people sign up than what a track can fill in, I will split the field and we're gonna have semi-finals before the final race. If by some miracle we pull a number that warrants a second round, we can have a second round too.

Have fun.

Post skins

>oh boy, i got an license
>i guess it means no more angry bullshit like webum related (waaah)
>skip barber cars, yay

>Nürburgring Nordschleife $14.95
>Skip Barber Formula 2000 $11.95

well
i guess i have to pay for clean races, r-right

Tōge when?

>Oh, you!

Custom skins are always best skins

Dunno. Someone was planning something according to a previous thread.
Best smug pic I've seen in a while.

The real thing about OVGT1 times as there's 10 within a quarter-second. near the front, and dprec is working on joining that shit right now.

>dprec is working on joining that shit right now.
And he got there.

tfw lurking chat for setupshit

>t.dprec

>setup shit
Just block all the front ducting and crank the boost up

this guy gets it

And max aero.

>he doesnt run 1/1
get out

Which boost mapping is the fastest? 1 or 3

Not the same user, but really? I thought it was 3.

nah its 1 trust me mate

are you sure? because 3 boosts make you go 3x faster than 1 boost

no honestly everyone else is trying to troll you, 1 is the highest setting, look it up in the engine file

think about it, when you're trying to change the spring settings, lower spring settings = more grip
so 1 boost = more power

But 1 boost < 3 boosts.
Checkmate, natural aspiration.

Who's down for some The Jew later?

>Dirt Rally FOV settings
>0.0-1.0 slider with 0.1 stepping
>Slider doesn't even work, at least in windowed mode
I am not amused

hey dave and senna, how are you taking the penultimate corner, left foot braking or taking 1 gear away?

You're thinking about it wrong. Boost 1 is for when you want to finish 1st, therefore it's the fastest.

you got it wrong, boost 1 boosts 1st guy in the race. it's good if you're first, but if you're second or third, 1st will have significant advantage over you

>not selecting boost 2 to activate twin turbos

>his car only has 3 boost settings

>Isaac into the fifteens
GG

What do you mean by taking one gear away?

im losing 2 tenths in the last sector somehow so theres still more time to be gained

>not shifting into D for the penultimate corner

Same here, as per .
You're thrashing me in the mid sector though, the speed is coming from different places

>not shifting into overdrift

The input options are fucked up too, filtering you can't turn off, arcade game wheel animations and so on.
Jesus fuck Codie, the first thing you nail down when making a "more serious" racing game is the fundamentals. It's not even hard. It's literally a single week of coding

>not activating invulnerability on lap 8

ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO DRIVE STRAIGHT

genuinely hype for gt1 lads

yeah the middle sector was pretty good because ive increased the downforce so my advantage in the straights is gone, although i messed up the 3rd corner because i went to wide and got 2 wheels on the grass but yeah i dont even know how my sector is 3 tenths slower than senna or dave so ill have to look into that

Who is your /ovg/rival™ for this weekend?

That's not gonna happen

If Scott Bainesworth shows up he should know he is not going be finishing the race.

This. Same goes to any of the Vegemite boys - they're days on track are numbered.

i think he enjoys contact mate

I've been feeling fast all week boys, hopefully I don't get stuck behind Gavin Cocks or Dan Stevens.

I'm looking forward to battling Christiano Ronaldo for a top 10 spot in the #18 Toyota™ TRD™ M&M's™ Camry™. Should be a good race throughout the field though.

That grounded fin guy, I don't like him much.

Cristinao is taking you down kid.

My only rival is the top spot of the podium.

Top 4 Mikey is coming for you.

you forgot to do up the mirrors.

But other than that, awesome stuff.

Who is your /ovg/waifu™ for this weekend?

Shit sorry m8

>those rfactor 1 graphics
powers sister

my shit looks better in game, some reason the screen shot quality always comes out shit.

doesnt the AC Redpack come out today? havent seen much hype compared to the jap pack

It is and like a good goy I'll be buying it - does people want a brief review on here from their favourite Dane?

Shit car selection

>he thinks i wont be buying a car pack with the 488 gt3
hell yeah im buying that shit

No clue.

But i'm pretty excited to try out the ferrari f1s and the 488 gt3.

In general excited to see what comes from the 1.7 update.

Grounded Fin, he saved ovg after all!

god damn it i meant ovgt1 skins
oh shit i forgot the 1.7 update comes out with the pack, what are the main changes again?

too lazy to take new screens my man

>Maserati Levante as a free car
>Reworked AI
>Brake Temps maybe?
>maybe more

Hey /ovg/ What's the better game out of the two?

NFS2015 or The crew

The Crew

Personal experience:

NFS2015 is only good if you like customizing cars and putting vinyls etc, the driving sucks, the races sucks, the cutscenes are so cringy you will scream MAKE IT STOP, but damnit it's enjoyable customizing cars - try it out with EA access, dont pay full price, no way

A fucking SUV, kunos please

>look through my room to find my old posters
>find these 2
ah the memories

>big and powerful SUV
>tiny & leightweight car is already in the game (Abarth 595)
>he isn't hyped for car soccer finally being possible in AC