>Be American
>Spend 60k on this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ragxvt-mU
superstreetonline.com/features/130-0704-top-secret-v12-twin-turbo-toyota-supra/
youtube.com/watch?v=zU09vgd8UzA
youtube.com/watch?v=KfGZyB4Dl-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wonder what we will pay when the R34 GTR is legal.

My guess is 100k.

You're probably right.

At least the Japanese owners will be happy to make a profit off dumb Americans.

>be Australian
>have to pay out the ass for literally everything else

>be bong
>pay a shit ton on insurance + you probably have a shitty 2cylinder hatchback because you are not legally allowed to drive anything cool

Better cars than a supra for even 10k let alone 50k

>Be American

kek 2bh

Good ones already go for $120k in Australia.

By the time 2023 rolls around, I reckon they'll double that.

Lol, you're an idiot.

do tell what's better for 10k

The thing is we pay too much because of import tax.

You pay too much for things like supras out of sheer stupidity.

for 50k, perhaps

a supra for 10k is a fucking STEAL cunt. turbos normally go for like 25 here, if you could get a supra for 10k and spend the remaining 15 on mods it would destroy

80s corvettes and camaros.

Nah, an aussie buying a turbo supra for 25k can spend another 10 to build the motor and get a 10 second car.

the 2jz is fucking stupid, it's a pretty good deal if you wanna go fast and have the added bonus of near perfect weight distribution, nice interior, cool looking ride and street cred.

i personally don't like them, but to knock them is retarded mate.

can't get those in straya for anything less than 100 grand.

>ausfags will pay 100k for a car that's cheap as fuck in America
And we are the stupid ones.

It wouldn't get destroyed you idiot, 2jzs are bullet proof engines and even better engineered than v12 lambo motors.

c4 corvettes are about 15k and 1980s camaros are about 10k.

supras are known for being poor handling boats.

nur spec ones go for 100+, you can get a regular bnr34 for 40-50

>be bong
>pay a shit ton on insurance
Only if you're a child. We have access to more fun cars than all of Europe and we don't tax them off the road, fun tax is even going down in April.

>be a New Zealander
>spend 3.5k on this without wheels

Came with a 2JZ N/A and W58

No, actually.

>came with the engine it comes with

Whoa.

the thing is the supra is actually good

I was meaning, it came with an engine rather than a rolling body.

It would destroy not be destroyed pls learn to read

I highly doubt R34s will go so high.

This. R32 GTRs are about $20k right now and I see no reason the r34 would be five times the price

>be european
>have literally never driven a car over 2 litre

generalizations r ez

>>be bong
>>pay a shit ton on insurance + you probably have a shitty 2cylinder hatchback because you are not legally allowed to drive anything cool

This is what retards actually believe.
Our laws are far less restrictive than what Australia has and insurance is probably cheaper as long as you're not a teenager.

I wish Americans weren't allowed to import cars at all, the stupid burgers completely fucked up all R32 prices and will now do the same with Supras.

How about just gassing American weebs instead?

>fucked up r32 prices when they've only been importing them for two years
>will fuck up supra prices when they've been importing them for 10+ years
Retard alert

He's right though.

LOOK I'M CRYING ABOUT AMERICANS ON THE INTERNET AGAIN

Supra prices are already fucked up. Skyline prices haven't been.

Fucking dammit

I just want a fucking supra, why the fuck are even the N/A super expensive now?

For me its 4times the ass fuck since i have to import from burgerland to a shitty 3rd world latin american country, and two cars (Turbo and N/A) is going to cost half my drug dealing and burrito stand bussinesses

just get a gen 3 senpai

N-no.

I want a nice GT(N/A) and a sprint car(Turbo), and also that sweet giant ass MKIVs have.

This guy gets it.

You simple asshole it's not better built at all it's just a I6 version of a 3sgte made exactly the same way in mass production using the same iron and the same aluminum and machined the same way as every other japanese engine

Suoras are well known for destroying lambos.

Most people with lambos and civics wont even dare race one because they are known for being the most powerful thing on the street.

>fully modified supras
>stock lambos
congrats, never seen a modified car beat a more expensive stock car in straight line acceleration before first i'm hearing about that....................

...no they aren't actually

They're rarer than the R32 and they're have a bigger F&F tax than the R32...

Look at how much they are right now even in Aussie land, Canada, and Weeabooland. 60k+

Then take into consideration how many Americans will nab them up. Fatt Ass Farrah will probably overhype it.

>can't decide between R33 GTR and MK IV Poopra

I've been saving for a long, long, long time now and can easily afford an overpriced LHD Mk IV in the states finally, but fuck if I'm going to spend all of that.

I could easily finance it as well because my credit score is pretty good, but shit man I still don't want to pay that much. Probably going to wait for the R33 to be legal in 2020 and see how that goes.

>yeah but the R33 sucks bro

Yeah, no.

Yes they are, do a quick google search.

r33 has the best looking ass in the game

Hope you non-Americans have your R34 if you want one by the time 2024 rolls around and hundreds of millions of people are legally allowed to import them for the first time and drive up the prices.

They both have dat ass in my opinion.

some shit like this would prob be 13-15k in america realistically

we never think of you
move along europoors

pic semi-related

though I know who the Canada PM is because he's a massive, massive cuck

>Be American
>Have money to spend on things you like
>Everyone complains

is that why they weigh 1200kg after a carbon fiber refresh, have perfect weight distribution and are RWD?

supra is not the "best" handling car but it's sure as hell nowhere near as bad as a commo.

Plenty of things can destroy plenty of other things in plenty of conditions.

My 99 crv 'Destroyed' a BMW because i had AWD and the guy slipped and mounted the curb. We where just accelerating quickly from one light to the next. Doesn't mean a 99 crv is better at racing than a 3 series.

youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ragxvt-mU

supra does it so cheap though, that's why it's feared.

there's also supras running around like smokey nagatas, which cost 500k and are in literal 918 hypercar territory.

read the fucking specs on this cunt.

superstreetonline.com/features/130-0704-top-secret-v12-twin-turbo-toyota-supra/

if you are going to pour in money, it's one of the best platforms to start with. There's no debating that. I'm not claiming it's the best car ever, but there is a very good reason it's feared and that fear has been around for long before fast and furious.

hell, the ferrari scene is actually lifted from an incident on wangan with some reputable tuners encountering a ferrari at the toll gate talking shit.

>get a single turbo manifold
>big fucking turbo
>pray to god bottom end holds up after all those miles still
>still beat a lambo

see, that's the thing with a Supra.

Honda?

i can smoke the fuck out of whatever you drive in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous

im making 248 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be.

This. It's not 'better' than lambos, but it's not worse either. It simply is good enough to compete when you pour money into it.

A built civic can almost never take down a built lambo, a built supra is going to be on fair footing against a built lambo.

The chassis is just a good starting point and anyone who knocks it is just buttmad for some reason, it's really not a bad car.

That's fucking disgusting

Fuck off cunt, I picked up an '84 Trans Am in schmicko condition for ten grand.

What for, GT and WTC competitive MKIV's on factory suspension? Few of those getting about. They drive fine for what they are with a chassis good enough for about six or seven hundred kilowatt without any additional bracing or modification.

I got the shits with the GM chassis with subframe connectors and new this and reinforced that which still distorted at five hundred kilowatt.

Picked up a GTE for $2000, put five or six grand into it, now it's breddy gud.

Ausfalia stronk.

What are you trying to do?

Are you seriously comparing a Toyota Supra to a Honda Civic? Are you retarded or just pretending to be?

why not tho wuts wrong with that
youtube.com/watch?v=zU09vgd8UzA

>rolling body
>without wheels

youtube.com/watch?v=KfGZyB4Dl-k

Am I missing something here? I don't know anything about Supras but the most expensive supra I could find on my local craigslist was a clean '93 with a 2jzgte for $26k. What makes that one worth $60k?

either

>America 60k for a stock one

or

>100k + for a stupid built one that will be retarded off it's tits and built by a reputable tuner.

stock ones or lightly modded will be around 30k for a clean one, most likely less if you're a good haggler.

>replying to a poster who's saying you can modify anything to beat a Lambo

are YOU retarded?

Not that hard. Festival of Speed always ends with a few bruised Lambo owner ego's.

You're retarded

I legitimately have no idea why the 4th gen is so damn expensive here. Importers near me have the 2JZ-GTE with an autotragic trans for under $2k, so it can't be the engine inflating the price

chevy v8 > 2j

Yeah, a smogged shit heap engine making 120hp from 6l is better than an engine that makes 1000hp on stock internals
Lol

It's not that hard, but modifying a pigfat Poopra to BTFO a Lambo is easy.

A honda? Let me just go and strip the shit out of my interior, put in some plexiglass windows, then bitch at a guy for running NOS that he's cheating.

Props to anyone who gets that reference.

Because JDM ones aren't legal for road use, and USDM ones are fairly rare for how much demand there is. Simple as that.

Yeah man, was talking about hurting Lambo owners with Super-poopers. I haven't seen many Honda anythings at that speed, but I guess that doesn't mean there aren't any.

That always confused me hey. He blows right up about the Nitrous, but has no worries racing against other power adders. And goes on about 'real street racing' when he's in a stripped-to-the-fuck shell, and Nitrous has been used on the street for decades.

Adding an oxidising agent matched with fuel that cools the intake charge is cheating, but adding oxygen in the form of compressed air matched with fuel with a charge air cooler is all good?

Weird dude. And silly facial hair.

I don't disagree you can modify anything to beat anything.

You could probably modify a riding lawnmower to beat a lambo.

The point is, saying 'OHH BUT LOOK THIS CAR CAN BEAT THIS CAR! IGNORE THAT THIS CAR TOOK A COUPLE THOUSAND DOLLARS WORTH OF MODS!'

It's just dumb, the car is no longer that car, because that cars parts are no longer in there. It's another car under the body of of that car. It's like if i swap the engine of a Civic with a LS, it's not a civic anymore, it;s just wearing a civic badge.

Though there's a spectrum of how far from stock a car is, but different parts have different importance. An engine swap entirely changes the car, a straight pipe exhaust, not so much.

>hell, the ferrari scene is actually lifted from an incident on wangan with some reputable tuners encountering a ferrari at the toll gate talking shit.

Sauce on this? I want to believe. I love stories/history on street racing like this.

By that logic once you modify a 2j it's no longer a supra.

Depends on how much you modified it.

Custom manifolds, that's still a 2j.

Start swapping cams, timing system, valves, etc now you're talking a new engine.

Actually i guess that means if you modify the engine at all, cos manifold isn't engine, it's no longer stock.

I think it's OK to swap parts of better quality material if the construction is the same or so. Like replacing valve springs or something, with higher performance once.

It's when you start replacing stock parts in design is when it becomes non stock. To me.

BTW i don't dislike modded cars or anything.

>Start swapping cams, timing system, valves, etc now you're talking a new engine.

did you spend 60k on a pictureh?

>be American
>pay less than $5000 USD for a 325 HP LS1 V8 Pontiac Trans Am
>$75/month insurance full coverage

eat shit faggots

>be american
>be fat
>be small penis
> try to toegay in pigfat barbie car
>understeer into bush
>get shot by delivernace hillbillie for tresspassing

lol

>be kangaroo farmer in cuckland
>drive truck car with truck engine
>fuck my own mom and do burnouts all day

So costs more than an ls1 powered family sedan in Australia
And we have the freedom to not have insurance

>sportscar cost more than a family sedan

> sports car
Lol, the family sedan used in a supercar racing series is more of a sports car than a pigfat American barge

>pigfat american barge

>low and wide RWD 2 door coupe/hatchback

mine handles excellent on wide tires. stay jealous cock smoker

Dude, you've just described a southern/central american.
>be american
>take myself too seriously
>get easily butthurt at what others think and start psychologically projecting
>then go on to claim I don't even care what others think
Kek, thanks for the laugh m8

Wofed ?

Average nz prices are
10k for auto N/A
15k for auto turb or N/A manual
20+k for turb manual

This is for average ones and in nzd so do the math cunts.

Came on steelies.

>Be CJ Johnson
>steal this

its true, was with a reported midnight club member driving a test supra on lease from toyota (also a famous jap tuner) and some guy in a testarossa and his lambo buddy were talking shit.

the supra was in group A form, so it had like 600hp and demolished them.

it was during the supra's testing phase and made it famous among the jap scene.

fast and furious made the supra famous outside of japan i guess, but in japan it was famous from the start.

ITT:
>hahahaha [country] pays [amount] for [import]? They're cheaper here!

>be australian
>get this for 4k
o-oh

There are some extra spicy memes being fell for in this thread.

You tripfags are some of the slowest bunch I've ever seen. How fucking new are you people?

ausfag here i got a stock 01 calais ls1 auto with 200k km for $4000 so yeah i got lucky as fuc

>15k for a supra build

Congrats you just bought your pistons, rods, cams, and two turbos.

Now pay another 45-60k in parts/labor and you will have a decent car.

lol?

stock rods, pistons, cams and crank are good until 600 reliable, 800 if you're lucky and crank is good till 1000.