My first car - advice

Hello there fellow Veeky Forums users at Veeky Forums. I'm a newbie car driver (6 month from now on I got my licence), I'm looking for a cheap ass and good car, also it would be best in diesel (my father use diesel, so I just will "steal" fuel from him). And so I need a little help from veterans. I'm in love in Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD, can someone spare a little info and private experience about that car. Or can propose other vehicle in Diesel or working well with LPG. Also it would be great if that car cost no more than 3000 PLN (700 Euros), I am a broke ass teenager from Poland (we are all fucking broke).

From the thumbnail, I thought that was a Saturn SL2. Similar profile.

>alfa romeo
no.

>700 euros
>diesel

could probably get a very shitty golf or an even shittier bmw

could buy more than 1 twingo for the price tho

>could probably get a very shitty golf or an even shittier bmw

It's not like You can't get a car for 700 Eur in Poland. I've got to chose from: Opel Vectra B, VW Golf II/III. Alfa Romeo 156, Audi A4, BMW S3 E36, Fiat Punto II/IIFL, Opel Calibra, Peugot 106/205/306, Volvo V40/S40. In a really good condition.

Just asking, if anyone could spare some information, about first cars, good used cars... I don't need fresh new 2015 year car.

do niemcy robacki

Fiat Seicento or you can get a Daewoo tico

Read the sticky

Not him, but the Sticky only works if you're American and have a $5,000 budget.

sticky is a load of absolute horseshit, if you believe anything in there you are mentally retarded

Seba za 3 kafle to ty nic sensownego nie dostaniesz, a juz napewno nie diesla i to 156

Get something with LPG. Diesel is ass. You can try searching for cars in Lithuania if you think you'd be alright with importing it. There are a bunch of sub 500 euro cars with LPG already installed.

with his budget the taxes would be 1/3, so no point

Yeah you're right

seba kup golfa II z dieslem 1.6 i problem z głowy

>implying he wouldn't put 20x lower price tag on all the paperwork

the recycling tax for importing used cars alone is 1/6 of OP budget, its a fixed tax

Id say the golfs or the punto, parts will be cheap

I'd say stay away from old cheap Alfas, but if it's only 700 €, you won't be losing much once it craps out on you.

Get it. The 1.9 JTD is a great engine.

Shut the fuck up and get out, faggot.

>don't get diesel
>you won't need glorious torks
>instead get LPG, which is literally the shittiest fuel ever used in the history of ICEs
kys

It's costs 1/2 of the price of petroleum and modern LPG equipment makes sure you lose no power. What's wrong with it, nigger?
At least with LPG you don't feel like you're driving a tractor, unlike diesel

But it's gone beginning with the current year. Source: experience.
Damn you are even more cringey than that ecoboots shitposter. You probs won't even accept the fact of your perfect brand's cars being SOLD LPG POWERED.

OP, go for already LPG converted Vectra or A4 (that one should not rust but multilink is pricey to maintain on our roads! 25K kms is the limit for a rebuild). Choose the thing that runs the best. Or take a 106 (also rust prone, super cheap driving).
Save for proper maintenance, for price that low it's almost certain everything is already zjebane.