Yo where my opel speedster bois at?

yo where my opel speedster bois at?

YAAASS

I never thought I'd see the day there'd be an Opel Speedster thread.

GM Lotus a best Lotus. (Ironically.)

Up your bum

Where is that?

>klausen...jpg

Klausenpass.

Good morning

>tfw want one so bad, but am an Americunt

How much do they usually go for? $15-25k?

>Valhalla VX220

Are there any differences between the Opel and Vauxhall other than the badging?

They're the same, the Vx220 has right-hand drive

It boggles me GM never brought this stateside. Slap a Pontiac badge on it and it'd have been the new Fiero. The 2.2L engine was already certified for America since it was used in the Pontiac Sunfire and countless other shitboxes, and Lotus started using Toyota engines around that time specifically to sell in America.
It seems like a huge missed opportunity to me. Certainly had the styling to slot right into Pontiac's line up.

and instead of Opel's 2.0L turbo which wasn't certified for American emissions, they could've used the 2.0L LSJ from the Saturn Ion Redline or Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged.
This was also around the time GM was pushing HARD to get the ecotec engines recognized as a viable tuner engine platform

We did get it. It's called the Saturn solstice or Pontiac sky in America

nah senpai you are confusing them, the vx220 is based off the lotus elise

Those are completely unrelated. The Saturn Sky was sold in Europe as the Opel GT. Those were built in America and shipped to Europe.

The Opel Speedster and Vauxhall VX220 that this thread is about were built in the UK by Lotus using the Elise platform. Base models got the same 2.2L Ecotec I4 used in countless American shitboxes, while the turbo models got a 2.0L Turbo from Opel (which was unrelated to the Ecotec). The Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice were front engined and RWD. The Speedster/VX220 were mid-engined and RWD. Similar styling but that was all they shared. Not a single part interchanges between the Speedster/VX220's 2.0L Turbo and the Solstice/Sky's 2.0L Turbo. Completely different engine families.

Pic related. The American-built Opel GT

or they could've used the LK9 2.0L turbo from the Saab 9-3. Same thing as the LSJ, but with a turbo instead and was available a full model year sooner to coincide with the Speedster Turbo.

>some madmen in spain decided to drop an LS and a gorgeous facelift
>made only 25 of them

like what the fuck dude

eh. Gimmie a Speedster badged as a Pontiac Fiero instead.

>mfw

Fuck, you're right. With a Solstice-like bodykit it'd have been a perfect Fiero successor.

l thought this car was the tits in this game. And henceafter forgot about it.

The closest you'll get is a Saturn Sky

>tfw my Hot Pursuit 2 doesn't look like that

Is that PC?