/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Solo hunter edition

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11176185
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Asking in the new thread!

SEEEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>decide to bite the bullet and make the silver meme set
>those fucking stupid wings
Nope.
Can't do it.
Gotta find another set, that's too fucking stupid looking.

linking for anyone who wants it

Should I get Generations or 4U or both?

Your opinion is stupid!

It's still miles better than the Honed Blade clownsuits from 4U.

Does God's Island need Recoil Down +3, by the way? Hovering over it right now, it says it has Low recoil. Don't I only need two levels of Recoil Down to get it to Minimum?

Are you a solo hunter, /mhg/?

strawpoll.me/11176185

True, but I wasn't able to make the honed blade clownsuits, and mostly gunned in 4u.
I actually have the needed charms this time around, and want to try everything for styles/arts.

Ahh, I remember making this set and never using it because it was an eyesore.
Good times.

A bit late on this, sorry guys.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN!

>that
>eyesore
there is so much worse out there, user

this is why semi-useful stats on a decent looking clownsuit always are the best of both worlds

Looks okay besides that helmet

>actually made gyceros armor useful
>actually made the garuga mask not look like complete shit
what the fuck? are you some kind of fashion genius?

>kill 50 vespoids
>kill 50 bnahabras
>kill 20 konchus
>kill 50 vespoids and hornetaurs
>kill 50 bnahabras but in another map
>kill 50 vespoids but in high rank this time
>kill 20 konchus as cats

>can't even be fashionable as a cat because I need to be naked to attain the ultimate power

Can you faggots just agree that 4U is ten times better than this poor excuse of a MH game, and stop crying about gathering quests?

Is hyper Glaveanus supposed to have a small delay on the spinning beyblade attack or was it just online lag on my end?

Every time the charge started the sound and visual cues were out of sync and I ate every hit as a result. The grinding sound cue sounded a bit slowed down.

i'd rather do gathering quests than spend another couple hundred hours shooting electric harambe in a purple cave

Wow....
So this is the power...
of
dedication.....

Have you not hunted any other hypers before? They ALL have delay on the charged attacks, but faster animation of the attack itself.

MORE

I thought most people here considered 4U the better game.

Guild quests weren't very good, though. So i rarely played them

First time fighting hyper glavenus and I never really noticed it when fighting the others. I guess it's because most monsters don't have a really big windup charge that I never noticed it before.

4U was better overall, but I like Deviants at least. Its just the ticket system that's garbage.
That said, GQs were fun too, but Apex (though manageable) and the randomness of relics were garbage.

Both have their issues.

Good lord.

Got any with more detailed faces?

no... i am.... KAMEN RIDER GARUGA
it also has: HGE, Bonus shot, Weakness exploit and covert, which is basically, sneak, combination pro and load up

I'd love to see deviants come back, but with the ticket system different. Maybe you trade tickets for certain parts you need.

Or would that be too easy?

I swear fucking plesioth is trying to take its revenge for casting machine in 4U

oh and if needed, the bowgun can be switched freely without affecting the set at all

For starters, have everyone who joined the quest getting their own checkmarks instead of the one posting the quest only.

Both, if you have the money to blow.

Can 4underage just leave and never return? I had enough of your cancer when it was alive

>he hasn't fought a black mizutsune yet

Shit, he does have a deviant after all.

Anyone around that could answer this for me? I can fit in Trap Master if I don't have to go all the way to Recoil Down +3

What is the hayabusa meme set? And is that good for dual blades?

False!

i want black mizu to fuck my wife

>garuga mask
>rajang waist
>rajang legs

choosing the worst pieces on purpose doesn't really count now does it?

Rate my set

4U is shit too.

>Black Mizu is actually the femle variant of the ones we fight in game
By the Eternal Alchemy, it all makes sense now. The reason we dont see them in game is because they were dummied out Devints :^)

It's a full set. What's there to rate?

Is it ok when Solo Guild Quests only take about 5 minutes longer than the same village quests with the same gear? How big is the HP inflation in 4U?

W-what do you mean?

How the fuck do you beat Savage Deviljho

>kill hyper agnaktor
>doesn't unlock hyper agnaktor cat armor

i hate this game

You can search monsters in Kiranico and see how much HP they have in all quests

Wonder what kinda CQ that is.

>Bring Dung Bombs for its pins possibly combines for more when you're terrible at avoiding it

>Hit it with lots of lightning element in its torso/legs like regular Jho

>Bring poisoned/Tinged meat when its drooling to avoid defense down. Also, Adamant Seeds in the case of getting hit with D.Down, anyway.

Holy shit why didn't you guys tell me Yian Garuga was fun?

That was pretty much the entire point of last week's threads.

65-8891-7619-8853
Anything (MHGen)

he's not, though?

>apparently need to complete the coal still burns and deliver a billion pieces of coal

Shit. Anyone wanna run this garbage quest with me?

Just solo that shit with prowlers, user.

Just unlocked Deviants. I'm curious though; do they begin to show up in the regular quest list or are they just there on the side in case you want to grind for the weapons and armor?

The latter. They're pretty much only appear in the special permit quests.

I stumbled across a sharpness +5 fire attack +10 OOO charm, so I have one question.
Best fire weapon(s) of every type?
(without S+1/2)

My game is bugged. All monsters large and small are black in area 4 of Misty Peaks. No idea why.

Picture?

You got a special blacklist version, post name to win a prize

Oh, you've been shadowpooled
Happens when you get blacklisted too many times

don't have a picture, sorry.

but... i like it...

I can't make silver meme. Which of these should I make instead?

Literally nothing there doesn't look like trash

Critical boost is the reason crit is so good this time around.
>C3
You might be able to make something at least like the memeset if you didn't do that.

>he
Don't talk about my gf like that

if you WANT to use silver meme you've probably already given up on looking good

Silver meme isn't even that bad, only wings are spoiling everything

Man, i was really into charge blade and now 60 hunts later with it i'm getting real fucking tired of this.
It feels like i'm bending myself over twicefold with these bajillion different combos, weapon buffs and finishers while i could just whack it with a switch axe instead.

Anyone have that pic of all the weapon arts/styles where the bottom row is bow and everything but adept is varying versions of "why" and 2 of the lance are just pictures of tortoises?

Recoil Down +3 is necessary to hit Min recoil with a silencer. Without it, Crag 3 and Clust 3 will possess kickback. If you're going really status and trap heavy, you could forego using those shots and let the damage come from your LBB+s and your teammates. It's your call.

wew

>tfw Kecha basicly collapses under you from exhaustion while you keep assauting him
>tfw you break parts on Tetsu you didn't even knew could break
>tfw you start bludgeoning monsters to death because you don't want to get out of your chain to sharpen
>tfw you realize you're an endurance hunter
People who aren't soloing guild quests are really missing out.
Totally worth starting all over.

Arisen Phoenix onn HH is such a dumb, wonderful thing.

This is why hammer is the best.

It's the most simple weapon in the game, literally just whack a monster till it dies.

Nothing complicated.

I was starting to lose hope and thought I'd never get a reply. Thank you!

What's my shot rotation supposed to look like if I'm solo hunting? Sleep > Bomb > Para > Crag/Clust > Repeat?

Sounds like you need to go back to greatsword

>solo
You don't or use musket

I have a bad habit of making Hammer more complicated than it needs to be, because I feel like I HAVE to get KOs, otherwise I may as well not be there.

It's killing me.

GS is actually the simplest

Hammer has charge attacks that do different things based on both level and if you're moving or not while GS charge attacks are static, though it can charge on two attacks instead of 1

Side smash has 15 mv but a ton of KO, it's really easy to hit with but you shouldn't rely too much on it because hunts will take an eternity

>I HAVE to get KOs, otherwise I may as well not be there.
Correct. If you're not getting KOs, might as well play a GS.

>0.96
it's not all that helpful sometimes when it's this early, dumbo, try looking at the other skills each set included in yours has, plug those in see if they work.
Also if you'll look you'll see your def rose by 59.
The main draw of the meme set is that you can use any weapon regardless of slots, which is huge in this slot starved game. but since you don't have that luxury I'd start entering max weapon slots to at least 1.

Spend all of your status shots first, then move on to explosive shots. Once the monster is hit by a status it'll build up tolerance towards its cap, and the cap gets higher after every proc of the same status.

And yeah, don't solo with God's Island. The thing about parasleep spam is that you have 3 teammates to abuse it with. The Lost Musket exists if you want to solo with that set.

Anyone?

Are any of the astral/polaris weapons worth making? Currently using astral gemini, thinking of crafting astral capricorn too due to the high blue sharpness.

Am I playing Insect Glaive wrong or something?

I'm like looking at MH4U videos and all IG users repeatedly vault, where I only vault when the monster is in rage

Did I fuck up for 60 hours by not vaulting all the time? They're always trying to mount it, does that make kills faster? I feel like a shitter.

Skalvia is best shit ever