Mechanics special

>mechanics special

Other urls found in this thread:

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5670929811.html
norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5671926630.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Blown headgasket

It feels like 95% of cars on Craigslist have a blown fucking headgasket.

>no test drives, if you want you can ride passenger

I've actually seen a couple ads with someone posting this or something like this.
Like holy fuck he thinks someone is going to drop 10 grand on a car they haven't even driven?

>if you are a gypsy don't bother calling

Saw this on an r32 gtst ad today

>only needs $19 part

>tires have great thread
Date of Manufacture; 2001

>woman owned

>chipped, makes 280hp now

That's good.. that means it's super cheap.

"mechanics special" is also really good.

But this board is full of inept anime watchers so not surprised you guys know jack shit.

>needs a fuel pump & battery

>Selling car in great condition

>Posts picture of truck

>NO TIRE KICKERS

>cadillac converter

>1 of 300 made with a 426 Hemi

>no engine with the car

Good shit. Pics?

>Shell of some classic car/truck
>no wheels, suspension, engine or trans
>$10000 LOL I NO WUT I GOT

Head gasket isn't that hard to do on most cars. It's a PITA, but you can also get an otherwise good car for cheap.

>theres a finger in the picture to cover the license plate

on a subaru a head gasket is easy tier.
but not on all cars. a v6 is much worse

>needs a 2 dollar part takes 8 seconds to fix, but I don't have the time

I'm in the middle of a head swap on my foxbody right now. It's not awful cause theres a lot of room in the engine bay but god damn an i4 would be so much easier.

>My loss is your gain

Just ads in general... big fucking red flags

Same when you see ads where the car has broken bulbs, warning lights that arent mentioned, visibly underinflated tires, wheels absolutely CAKED in ancient brake dust, trash lying about or similar

I saw an ad that said the car had a clean interior, and in the pictures had junkfood wrappers and empty fast-food cups in the passenger seat/feet area

At the dealership my dad works at about a third of people don't test-drive cars before buying them.

It's a similar thing to LPG - their credit is so shit that the finance company decides what they'll let them get financed on, not the customer.

>$4500 with rims
>$3500 with no wheels or tires, bring your own

what the fuck did you do with the stock ones you fuck

Haven't seen an ad like that before.

Stocking kicking my tires faggot

nice trips.
From my reading I've seen that blown head gaskets are usually a good indicator of neglect by the owner. How true is this from your experience?

Yeah it could be from aggressive driving. Could also just be an age thing, and subarus just have shitty factory gaskets and head design so they go pretty often.

>ALL CAPS

>IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THIS YOU KNOW WHAT THIS CAR IS. NO LOWBALLERS I KNOW WHAT I HAVE

3500 without my wed cranzes
2800 without my coilovers
1400 for rolling shell

>L@@K

Thing is, it's really a cracked block.

>check engine light on uhhh cuz o2 sesnor/"$20 part at vatozone"

K den

>Super long paragraph/book about how long they had the car, maintenance, restore, etc, tl;Dr story
>$2000 over priced
>foot note at the bottom: needs engine BTW xddd

>cant kick tires
>forced to knock tires with hand

i hate this.

This hyper-autist right here.

He's been trying to sell his '93 Trans Am for over 6 months.

All his ads look like this.

sits like a v6

>8 year old photo
>*REALISTIC*CASH*capable offer*NEAR*value invested.
Today is the day I start harassing CL sellers.

>mfw i kick the tires of every car i have gone to look at
>mfw i dont buy them

is he trying to say he wants $35k for a shitty '93 trans am? I really can't even make sense of anything in that post at all

>Just needs timing chain, included with car!

Pnr

>emoji covering plates
End my suffering.

Pretty much.
>I spent 35K polishing my turd so you better reimburse me

He's invested over $35k thousand into his unique Trans Am, and he will consider realistic cash capable offers near the value he has invested, or you can also outsource your financing.

Also if you're not happy with it, CarFax will buy it back from you for $5000.

CAR WORKS PERFECTLY

ABSOLUTLY NOTHING WRONG WITH IT

EXCEPT FOR X

Most of the cars I've owned i bought with a blown head gasket or bad engine. It's a crapshoot but i usually end up ahead. The biggest gamble is how hot did it get. Actually going to look at an xterra with blown head gaskets tomorrow.

>WOW
>SUPER DEAL
>AT THIS PRICE ITS A STEAL

double lol when X is something like 'rear end carried away by giant eagle' or 'currently at bottom of Lake Superior off Harbour Park'.

Blown headgasket is code for 'I don't know what's wrong but the engine is fucked'. If you don't solve what caused the headgasket to blow, should that be the problem, you will end up with another blown.

>on a subaru a head gasket is easy tier.

U avin' a giggle m8?

Was thinking the same thing. Not a terrible job but definitely not easy.

>it ran great when parked!
>but since then we've taken the intake manifold and water pump off.
>but they come with the car

So just why the fuck would you take apart a perfectly running car then?

Probably because they wanted to do some sort of modding and then got lazy, thus why it sat around for quite some time.

>CAMERO
>CUMARO

Things
When people don't know what their own car is called
I've seen a 2006 corolla s advertised as aa celica sedan what the fuck is that shit

>it's skin is black

That's very helpful actually.

>picture is a scan of a polaroid from the 80s with the yellowing
>cellphone picture of his computer monitor with the car picture on it in windows xp
>picture of the car in a garage surrounded by clutter so you cant see shit
>20 pictures of almost the same angle
>picture of the car with the buckets still on the ground right after he cleaned it for the first time in months
>pictures almost at night
>car is actually a shell and a bunch of old parts but the main pic is a really clean example from google because IT WILL LOOK LIKE THAT WHEN ITS DONE
>Appraised at 25k, price 25k firm
>25k car, belonged to very minor celebrity, 75k firm

>Rusted out husk, nothing usable except the VIN plate
>One just sold at [boomer infested televised auction] for $$$,$$$
>Will take no less than $$$,$$$

>salvage title
>2k over market value for non wrecked models

>My dad's extra set of harley handlebars fell out of garage ceiling and smashed up my car's hood.

>I just want to finish tonight's shitposting and kill myself

I've done it before, it was a car I was not buying for its driving ability. Who cares how a 10 year old lexus drives?

No lowballers

I know what I have here

I bought my 540i for $200 less because I had the guy take off the newer M3 steering wheel and put the older E39 M5 steering wheel. Worked out for me because I prefer the older steering wheel.

jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/5670929811.html

oh my fucking god

There are lots of cars that are suspiciously cheap on my local craigslist...
Should I chance it?

Fucking weird. How the hell did they get that far with it and not convert it to 4wd? Probably only needs a transfer case and front driveshaft at this point, no?

Cool as shit, but damn that would be scary to corner.

Yeah. Make sure to read the sticky about buying used cars!!!!

This looks insanely unstable to me. Some experience with A-trains and B-trains, but never pulled a rig like this. Wouldn't that tent trailer start hopping all over the lane at 50km/h?

I'm discovering it's impossible to buy a car on Craigslist. I've gone to look at three low-miles coupes from the '00s (Mustang GT, Ion Redline, VOlvo C70) that the owners swore up and down were cherry other than a couple minor flaws.

All three were terribly maintained, one had tons of broken stuff, one had tons of rust, and one had no oil in the engine and the rear brakes didn't work.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I ask questions and they promise the cars are great, then I drive two hours away and turn home after five minutes.

>Just needs new bearings and seals!
>Only on its second transmission and third engine!
>Toyota very reliable first car!

>2005 Mustang GT low miles
>$3500
>Some peeling paint, perfect otherwise
>Clean title

Hmm, let's get VINbro to Autocheck the plates...

>LEIN REPORTED
>ROLLOVER TOTAL LOSS
>SALVAGE TITLE
>REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
>FRONT END COLLISION TOTAL LOSS
>SALVAGE TITLE
>REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
>Estimated owners: 9

I wish I was making this up. Someone bought it and they're trying to sell it for $4500 now.

I really want an old RX-7

norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/5671926630.htm

Is this a good deal for one?

Actually kind of useful seeing how the current owner drives, like do they beat on it while dding because they are teh dumb

Also if I had something really nice and sporty I doubt I'd let random faggots hoon it before buying.

>invested $x, will let go for

>>Estimated owners: 9
That slut

Nope, same shit here man. CL is full of liars and good meaning people that don't understand the meaning of "good condition".

Dealerships and used car lots seem to have more reasonable offers and listings. Hell I've bought a car from one of my local used car/mechanic places and he told me that if I'm looking out for a specific car he'll try to get one.

Whats wrong with her

British genetics

Underrated

Kek saw this on an ad for a Saturn Sky
>wasnt even a redline
>key words:
>>S2000
>>Roadster
>>Porsche
>>Celica
>>Miata

>have a guy coming to my buy my bike this weekend
>it's a complete piece of shit I want to get out of
>runs and drives but still need more work
>he has an idea because I was honest in ad
>he's still interested

shiiet I might actually unload this piece of shit for about as much as I put into it

Itt: I don't know how to use craigslist

My advice is to be paitent and learn the red flags of a posting. Also narrow down your search to cars you are familiar with, so when you do go check the car out you know what to look out for.

Just picked up a Saturn l200 a few days ago for $2200. Everything works including the ac. It needs minor work like the front rotors need to be turned/replaced, oil change and a headlight. Other than that it's just small cosmetic stuff that needs attention, its perfect for weekend projects. It has the ecotec and the p.o already replaced the entire timing system a couple years ago so i wont have to worry about that for a long time.

Tldr git gud

>i've had my car up for sale for a month and I've had no hits on it
>zero calls
>asking $1600

It's now that I realize I own a garbage car, so much so that no one will touch it

I'm gonna be buried with this turd

>worth $1800 in perfect condition with low miles
>got gud
Kek

>look up car I'm looking for
>whole dealership inventory show up
I have to disable the dealership listings because of this bullshit

What do you drive?

>moving goalposts because you got ripped off
But if you insist, I have a 370z and FJ Cruiser.

That's cool. I can only assume youre older since you have two cars that are relatively new, therefore you should be wiser. But what you fail to realize is that the same car will cost more/less depending on what area of the country you're in.

You seem upset. Something on your mind champ?

M O R E T H A N Y O U C A N A F F O R D P A L

Shit may be different colors but it all smells bad.
>refuses to accept he got ripped off
>calls others upset
A quick search shows them all over the country for less than you paid, even at dealers.

Paid 8 grand for a very clean 03 mustang mach 1 a few years back. Everything clean and taken care of, spotless of rust and great condition. Got lucky cause it was middle of heavy winter and guy was trying to fix up his saleen, memes aside.

>Implying you can search for the price of a car all over the country with "a quick google search"

I'll give you an example. A black car in Florida is going to sell for a lot less than it would in a northern state. You seem like a pretty smart guy so I'll let you figure that one out.

You care way too much about another anons Saturn.

>delet vtec cuz it ran like raped ape

Smh