/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Based drawfriends edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>How sound propagation works
youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk (embed)

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user)
mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Friendly Mission Successful :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YadXprwNe0k
youtube.com/watch?v=YQIqgxeNtl0
youtube.com/watch?v=M3vq3WH4Xn8
youtube.com/watch?v=xRGrfurZaNQ
ign.com/articles/2016/08/10/more-people-are-playing-rainbow-six-siege-now-than-at-launch
youtube.com/watch?v=U2K1E6wx_Sc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for cartoons

does anyone have a picture of the year 1 roadmap? nip operators soon hopefully

Second for based drawfriends fighting for freedom

Are the weekly challenges slow on updating, I was at 70% BOPE wins, won 3 more rounds with Capitao and got nothing.

At this rate, Season 4 is probably going to be released in November

5th for Siege Anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=YadXprwNe0k

The manga was better

What would you guys want to see for a second Year 2 Road map?

>Shadbase

new maps
redesigns of existing operators
new weapons for existing operators
south african special forces, jdf, australian sf

>posting shadman

Thats a new one

Caveria seemed right up his alley

how many years do you think they will do?

Year 2 is confirmed

If Siege continues to get popular, I actually would rather like it if the devs made Overwatch-style shorts with the operators or comics showing them in their downtime and/or operating.

Or even some sort of look at the virtual reality training program they got going (since all multiplayer matches are supposed to be virtualn reality training and that's how they write off CTU's fighting CTU's)

I thought they just asked if the community would want it?

I hope the SAT operators have cool abilities or at least neat firearms. If they don't finally bring the Glocks I'll be shocked.

Superior Rainbow six Siege OP that I need to make a dank video with eventually.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQIqgxeNtl0

superior "being stuck in casuals 1v5" OP

youtube.com/watch?v=M3vq3WH4Xn8

youtube.com/watch?v=xRGrfurZaNQ

Superior 1v5 music

I want new attachments
just battlefield my shit up senpai

It's not confirmed, just an assumption

The only way they'll do more than 2 is if the game keeps getting new players.

I'm actually really happy that Ubisoft suits are finally paying attention to the fact that Siege is quckly becoming a crowd favorite.

I mean just look at this shit. Siege has actually GAINED players since release, not lost.

ign.com/articles/2016/08/10/more-people-are-playing-rainbow-six-siege-now-than-at-launch

Australian SASR, SFOD-D, Danish Frogmen, South Korean UDT.

Has there ever been a game like this that started off super rocky and with overall disdain? But then it pulled it back to an absurd degree and became extremely popular?

Only one I can think of is Final Fantasy 14, but that was in a much worse spot than Siege.

well I have to say the game is really fucking fun
its also new and unlike other games

I hope more people keep playing so it can go on for longer
if not they could always make a 2 which really overhauls everything

>That drop after black ice
I bet it was cause of the Super-90 sniper.

> New gamemodes

Uhh where. I really wish this game had some new modes.

>overall disdain
I disagree. I think overall disdain implies people were absolutely hating the game, dropping it, not recommending it, etc .

I feel like it was a diamond in the rough. Quite rough. Yes, the netcode blew, yes the bugs sucked, etc. But I feel like even then it was unique enough that it retained a loyal audience that was sticking around hoping for fixes. And I'm really happy the devs have been diligently polishing it (even though of course it's not perfect)

>when you just want to practice with new guns but you keep getting stuck in 1v5 situations

youtube.com/watch?v=U2K1E6wx_Sc

I want to be able to get super autistic with my sights choices. Being able to calibrate them at will and determine how zoomed in the camera is, lots of details like that.

Also I'm honestly surprised at the devs' competence given the rotten system they are working in. They are employed by Ubisoft (a hell hole of a company that only cares about their AAA titles like The Division, Watch Dogs, etc), who has barely helped them sell their game. They have to maintain patch parity of PC with consoles, which is a HUGE hassle given all the red tape you have to get through just to be able to get a patch out in Xbox or PS4 (on PC it's instant and you don't have to ask for anyone's permission). I mean, damn. These guys sure have to go through a lot of hurdles, I respect them on that context.

I can't help but think how much this game would be if they just dropped the idea of patch parity between platforms and kept the ball rolling on PC as often as they could, without it being delayed by console regulations.

I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it but additional weapons and modifications for existing operators over just having more of the same.

Having slight modifications for operators would be cool like giving Fuze an optional cluster charge that shoots out flashbangs instead or giving Twitch the choice of her vanilla drone or one which is a slower quieter drone which can jump.
I think once you've picked an operator the loadout screen is a bit one note currently and it'd be good to spice it up.

sauce?

I think I meant to say a majority of disdain. There were certainly loyal fans from the beginning who looked passed some of the valid complaints, and shot down the ridiculous ones. But I meant as a whole it felt like it was treated as "oh yeah fuck that game" or "oh I heard that was busted". But the people who gave it a shot fell in love and fostered growth in the community.

You should've seen the load out screen at release. RIght now it's fucking amazing to us who played back then

But I agree, it could be a lot better. I agree about the Fuze flashbang option, that seems cool and like it would be very easy to implement.

>I can't help but think how much this game would be if they just dropped the idea of patch parity between platforms and kept the ball rolling on PC as often as they could, without it being delayed by console regulations.
I would fucking despise it and they'd be the absolute worst kind of devs like Overkill, DE and their lot. Maintaining parity is key to a healthy community and the second you decide to dick over a userbase makes you a shitheap.

In that case, yeah.

I feel like Siege suffered a lot because of Ubisoft's shitty marketing and decisions to rush it out. But I'm glad it got better.

Why? You'd still be getting the same patches. Just delayed because of Microsoft and Sony's insane red tape policies for deploying patches for a game. And at that point you should be blaming Microsoft and Sony, not the devs. The devs wouldn't be screwing you, it's the console companies that would be screwing you.

Hell, just today I think it was that Sony announced that it wouldn't even let Bethesda enable mods for PS4 like they always wanted to do. Just because.

>l like giving Fuze an optional cluster charge that shoots out flashbangs instead
Fucking please, this would be amazing. As it stands his ability is worthless in a game type which should never happen. I think alternates of Operatives would be the way to go at first and cut down Year 2's new operatives by half. 4 More new operators would be cool but 8 would make the game bloated. And adding variations of existing operators is a cheaper way to give more variety.

Why would they drop it though? Siege literally stomped out the Division, and Wildlands isn't looking so hot.

*mods in Fallout 4, I meant

I was in the beta.
I don't remember it being that different.
I always thought it was 2 primary 1 pistol (2 if you were lucky) and then the average additional item.
I remember they gave Thatcher a shotgun because his artwork showed him holding one and people complained but that was it.

All I really remember was everyone being scared of shield users because hip firing was almost as accurate as ADS and the operator icons being really different. I think Blitz had a weird blue womans face as his and Thermite had a devil icon.

Never trust Ubisoft to be logical.

>stomped out the Division
And yet if you go to their YouTube channel, you'll see them blowing loooads of cash still producing a live action mini-web-series based on The Division's lore. Which is god awful. They're pushing as hard as they can. And I guess it works, to a degree.

>Why? You'd still be getting the same patches. Just delayed because of Microsoft and Sony's insane red tape policies for deploying patches for a game
Yeah and they cause a content and fix starve for months on end because the devs can fall on the excuse of "oh well we're waiting for enough content to do a patch!". So two of the playerbases get shafted for extended periods of time while the PC laps them in new content.

And then it leads to the PC being hit with tons of unifnished and rushed changes. Because of the lack of concern for console cert they can just toss in whatever they want and fix it later. Consoles won't even receive the same patches because it'll include several changes since the PC ones. I don't like the horseshit Sony and Microsoft puts devs through. But if they abide by those rules for everyone it's much better than splitting the treatment.

If Wildlands is OK or Watchdogs I could imagine some exec telling them to scrap it because it's not selling millions.
I could imagine a sequel which kills off everything we enjoyed about Siege to appease Vegas players and some deluded Rogue Spear fans who believe Ubi will go back to the RedStorm days.

Siege has always felt like a massive fluke to me.

I meant more the UI, not the loadout options.
As in, you can swap out attachments in between rounds, see what your teammates' loadouts are, etc

>Because of the lack of concern for console cert they can just toss in whatever they want and fix later
I wouldn't go as far as saying this. I see where you're coming from though. It's a shitty situation.

>Just because

Probably due to user mods bricking consoles and being a gateway for modding. Even announcing such a thing was stupid in the first place, it was never going to happen in a way that even remotely mirrored the PC. Plus the massive copyright issues meant it required huge curating oversight.

*modding the console

second bit was meant for you
Yeah, I know that it was stupid to announce it and that it would never have feature parity with PC. They were probably going to do a very limited, highly curated selection, like you said. Still, it made me sad that they couldn't even get THAT past Sony. And yeah, I suppose that bricking consoles is an issue, but that's extremely sad on its own right.

Jeez, if you can really help it I wish people just wouldn't buy consoles anymore. These walled garden sorts of practices really limit your freedom.

Windows is going down the same road, but at least we have Linux to look forward to. I'm glad that more and more devs are pushing in that direction nowadays though.

Ah right totally agree there
Once I came back to Siege I was pleasantly surprised how pretty it's become.
I always hated that character lock in screen which gave you fuck all information about what map or mode you were on and how everyone assumed it was bugged when someone had a wooden PC.

They wanted the Division to be a new flag ship title. It's kind of sad to see it only have 2,000 players on steam.

Yeah, that's the problem really. I totally understand that the consoles are in a bad spot anyway but I've just seen how circumventing the problem leads to huge issues. I've been burned too many times in the exact same way that I react harshly to it happening again. If all my friends didn't use console I'd probably be singing a different tune. But they do so I'm still heavily involved in the console ecosystem and know how fucked they get.

As it stands I just hope they continue supporting what turned out to be a lovely game. All their recent material regarding it has been super positive and focusing on how popular the game is getting. The second year of content doesn't seem to be in doubt at all. GROM WHEN

Videogame company executives don't really know shit about what kind of games are good. They just know how to agressively push titles that their advisors tell them are going to do well, so that they can get a return on investment and continue sipping on Martinis

Oh hey, fellow Linux-friend here.

>tfw Wildlands is going to get pushed to the moon and be mediocre
>tfw it doesn't even have that incredibly orgasmic gunsmithing and virtual range from Future Soldier

Yeah, the future's bright. Here's to hoping it only gets better

Call me crazy but, if it's treated right for more years, I feel like Siege could become the next CSGO

>it doesn't even have that incredibly orgasmic gunsmithing and virtual range from Future Soldier

D R O P P E D

It apparently doesnt have a cover system aswell

>Thermite is, without contest, the best attacking operator
>i am always the one having to pick him

I'm so very tired, /r6g/

I forgot to unlock him lol

Play someone else and politely ask in voice chat if someone else can go Thermite.

In my experience, most times someone will oblige. Specially if you go Thatcher, but again, you don't have to do this.

And if not, you have shit team mates and being Thermite probably wouldn't have done you much good anyway.

>It's kind of sad to see it only have 2,000 players on steam.

Why? The Division is one of those extremely shitty games that looks pretty but is basically a sewer of lots of shitty game mechanics from other franchises that is totally soulless and lifedrainingly unfun.

I also play Thermite almost all the time, I've decided to not pick him anymore unless I'm with some bros. If someone else won't step up to the plate, then we just don't have a Thermite and the burden is on them.

I dont VC. Prolly why Im still Silver and dealing with this.

Just kinda annoying when someone picks Glaz then demands a Thermite pick. It's not that I dont appreciate the necessity for him, Im just playing him like 90% of games and it's a bit boring.

What's the best choice for Jager's primary, M870 or 416C? Do I ACOG it?

>Plays Rainbow Six Siege
>Doesn't use voice communication

Why? A basic microphone is dirt cheap my friend.

I can't count the number of times I've been trying to clutch something and my team mates made (obviously delayed) text callouts that I simply couldn't read (or was too late to) when I was busy focusing on what was in front of me

A simple basic voice saying "Ash flanking left" seconds before it happens can save a life. Your text chat can't do that.

Depends on the map and what you plan on doing, if i'm going balls out running around and looking for flanks I take the 870. If i'm playing calmer and maybe looking for a window peek I take the 416. And yes.

I never said it wasn't a good idea to be using voice chat.

The 416-C is the only Assault Rifle available to the defenders. And it has an ACOG. So it's my default choice unless I'm up for some memes and mixing it up with the shotgun (which is really good, but I tend to use it more on Bandit because I'm really bad with his MP7)

I know, but I'm asking you why you don't VC

That's what I thought due to how monstrous the 870 was on Recruit but I wanted to make sure. I'll swap as needed.

I have a microphone.

I am severely self-conscious of my voice and most people in voice chat in online games, particularly Europe, are unnecessarily hostile even to teammates.

Also I'm English and every English person I've ever played a game with has been an entitled arsehole and I don't wanna be lumped in with those because I try to be as co-operative and pleasant as possible.

>Not knowing who or what the monster in Blitz's old icon symbolizes

>I just want to play my favorite operator sledge
>nobody goes thermite
>have to decide whether I want fun or to win

tough choice

Never looked at it for long.
Medusa I guess?

Those are hard to identify as snakes in the middle of a game.

>every English person I've ever played a game with has been an entitled arsehole
I didn't realise I'd played with anyone from the thread.

it gets fucking boring
I played the campaign but after that it is just a shitty mmo and I don't like mmos to begin with due to all the grinding

>tfw play on xbox
>have to use shitty one eared xbox mic
>only other option is stay silent unless someone invites me to a party where I can use a headset for audio and just the xbox mic for the mic

kinda sucks
wish I had a good PC

>siege becomes the next csgo
God I hope not

The answer is always fun

I did. Here's a webm

I know it's nothing special, was mostly due to the enemy team being kinda bad, and also kinda spaghetti-droppy on my part, dat sprint into the vaultable cover, and dat auto-reload before defuse, but I felt happy I did it. After this came another attack round and we won, came out as MVP

(I killed IQ at the beginning of the round, then these 3 with Glaz downed, then got defuser in time)

I hope this makes up for my lousy plays in the teamspeak last night

>The answer is always fun
well its also not fun trying to get into the strip club garage without thermite

Adapt and overcome, my man

i cant adapt my face to withstand valks shotgun

Yes you can.

but user I only have 19k renown

PSA: Don't just rappel down and get on your drone. You're loud

plus if I picked bb I totally fucked up the part where I pick sledge for fun

thanks for the (you)

>Just got finished reading a book by an RSAS member
>tfw ywn operate in the bush war to keep Rhodesia free
>tfw no Rhodesian operators

South African Special Forces are still at least doing their thing.

>That feel when you bought it thinking Tom Clancy was coming back after Siege and you wanted more tacticool coop

All I wanted was some jolly weapon gallery based coop with randoms which Swat4 and Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon provided.
Nothing has satisfied that itch since. Going to try Payday2 again but it just ain't the same.

I wasted too much ammo laying supressive fire and busting doors/windows during the round so I only had 5 bullets left

>that staircase
I love that staircase when playing Bandit. When the objective is upstairs you can get at least one kill almost everytime. I got 4 once.

For whatever reason I never find people there if i'm playing someone besides Bandit.

>SAS
>5 targets

5 rounds was all ya needed m8.

WE'RE ALIVE BOYS

>More than dota
>More than overwatch
>More than csgo
>More than league
Wew

In retrospect I should've planted at the front of the car since I knew he was gonna jump out the window, but oh well it worked out in the end

Fucking wat.

Maybe this game wont get fucked like Dirty Bomb

Twitch had a heart attack or something and most major streams are out, plus LIRIK is playing Siege right now.

This is what it takes for siege to be relevant.

Didn't last long.

I love how big and meaty ARs are in this game, especially the magazines. So many games give them super dinky reloads that have no weight behind them. Also are those reload instructions on the back of rook's P90?

>Dirty Bomb

DONT MENTION HER NAME user

ITS TO SOON

WHY DO YOU SPEAK OF ITS NAME

LET THE DEAD REST IN PEACE

IT DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE

You can barely see it in the webm, but I barely dodge Smoke's nitro thrown from upstairs right at the beginning

Also if you aren't running stuns with thermite, you're missing out. They've saved my ass so often

I like the way you move

I like the way you groove.