News:
1) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3) Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently interviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 character pool
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, UPDATED!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, contains most of the mods in the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Back to the lab again - Vahlen edition:
>youtube.com/watch?v=cvIfedkmD_U
>youtube.com/watch?v=4tCZkGa_1WY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvIfedkmD_U
youtube.com/watch?v=eS3AZ12xf6s
youtube.com/watch?v=lpZiPZwwXhM
youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ADVENT did nothing right

pistols are useful

Bureau rips WHEN?

So one of those purple portal things appear'd and my guy yelled "they're bringing in reinforcements"

I figured it was that fucking snake king I faced earlier that escaped, but it was just a squad of advent soldiers

Is them appearing via portal a thing? Or is that something my mods are adding

That's a mod.

I figured, scared the piss out of me. I really don't want to fucking fight that shitter again until I get some kind of DoT

advent will mostly use the drop ship for reinforcements
the purple orb is meant for alien reinforcements
the only time i have seen advents unit using the purple orb was when it contained an advent psi officer from ABA

>He wouldn't bring a snek onboard his Avenger
For shame Commander. I didn't realize you were such a prude.

But I brought best sneks onboard my Avenger.

Best snek is ded snek.

wooow, the fucking sectopod literally teleported in the middle of my squad

I mean, thanks, but, you know...

my soldiers bring dozens of them each month awaiting to be autopsied and then sold to a freaky collectionist

>>youtube.com/watch?v=cvIfedkmD_U
Original song if anyone cares by the way:
youtube.com/watch?v=eS3AZ12xf6s

At least it teleported where you can see it. I've had a muton teleport all the way back to my sniper and out of sight. Popped out and killed him the next turn since I didn't realize what had happened.

page 10, commander

It was page 8 user.

>he would betray his own race for "sex" with snek

R E M O V E
E
M
O
V
E

August 20th. The aliens have made another rapid deployment push across the world, and XCOM's roster of field operatives is once again pushed to the limits of fatigue. Just as the Commander starts to breathe easy, the North American satellite network simultaneously picks up two UFOs, a Scout and Raider class, vectoring for rapid landings in Canada and the US.

Blue team will be fully ready to deploy soon, but in the meantime the Commander has to draft a team from whoever's available to tackle the alien ambush waiting at the landed Scout class. Capt. Jenkins of White team and four of her squadmates are ready to deploy, they will be augmented by Sgt. Redmond of Gold team and two inexperienced blueshirts from HQ.

what if chryssalids could fly?

Why didn't XCOM just engineer bacteria that harm the aliens?

What if pistols could be useful?

once slapped a base in detroit to go fight some allens who decided to land in the US of A, armed all 14 rookies with nothing but pistols

it was a great success

Big Sky manages to find just enough clearance to drop off the mixed squad near a densely forested little hill. Immediately upon stepping out of the LZ, the squad realizes that the Commander has sent them to the wrong AO. Next to the Raider-class UFO, a cyberdisc and its robotic cohorts wait, while Sgt. Stackhouse picks up five more contacts on the motion tracker.

>the Commander has sent them to the wrong AO

The squad collapses inward and moves to engage the unknown enemies on the hill beyond the Meld canister. As they move, the ominous hums of the cyberdisc can be heard, as well as the roars of mutons and a heavy, mechanical stomping the operatives have never heard before.

As the squad moves up, Stackhouse signals for a halt as three enormous, armored mutons come charging over the hill, while two of the grunts take position behind them. Cpl. Hamilton hurls a chem grenade into their path, slowing them down while Jenkins shouts orders.

Geez, what a horrible mission. I didn't expect there to be a heavy floaters pod AND a 2 disk pod behind those muton elites, so I had to fight the whole map.

Then the disks popped out from the alley, one of them reduced my assault to one HP, so that was fun... fortunately most enemies were keen on missing my shiv. I had to defuse the bomb during the battle.

I miss heavy floaters only council missions

That's a big disc.

I'd really love a game that's just purely (deeper) base management with you selecting soldiers to send on missions based on traits + equipment. Like a footballmanager-lite with aliums. Are there any games similar to this? I've been looking at This War of Mine but it looks like it has some kind of deeper message about human morality bullshit. How's Rimworld?

The forest explodes into laser fire as the squad focuses their fire to annihilate the armored mutons. A heavily wounded berserker survives the barrage. In response, the mutons fire back and lob a plasma grenade at Stackhouse, blowing up the log blocking the berserker's path. If the berserker wasn't sitting at 1hp, Stackhouse would be dead, but the synthesized poison paralyzes the weakened muton. Redmond and Stackhouse pick off the remaining grunts while Cpl. Hamilton walks up to the helpless beast, lamenting the fact that he didn't bring an arc thrower.

>explore half the map
>no contacts
>sectoid feet pattering
>more mutons mumbling
>mechtoid stomping intensifies
>cyberdisc humming ominously

This isn't going to end well.

The disc and its robotic cohorts are just over the ridge. The team is as ready as it'll ever be to engage, and with a war cry the squad launches its ambush.

The ambush doesn't go so well. The disc breaks line of sight, closing its shell and hiding its profile behind a tree. The squad kills two drones, but the seeker cloaks and the cyberdisc rises high above and uses its plasma grenade to bomb Stackhouse, Maslov and Jenkins. If Redmond hadn't damaged the disc in the initial exchange of fire, the surviving drone might have killed him on the spot.

The shooting continues back and forth for nearly half a minute. Spec. Tina Avery has the armor piercing rounds, but the squad can't trust the blueshirt's marksmanship, so she suppresses the disc while the squad peels apart the disc's heavy armor slowly but surely, and eventually it goes down. Jenkins keeps an eye on the UFO for enemies joining the fight, but nothing emerges. The aliens seem determined to concentrate their forces within.

The Stalker uncloaks next to sniper Redmond, who's been providing overwatch and taking shots at the disc from afar. He's completely isolated and his rifle is empty, and instead of being ensnared in the robot's tentacles, he gets hit at point blank with a plasma blast to the chestplate. Stackhouse dashes across the dry riverbed toward the sniper, firing haphazardly as he goes.

The squad loads its weapons and Sgt. Boyd makes a troubling report as he heals Capt. Jenkins' plasma burns. The team is completely out of medikits now. They aren't quite in position to recon the rest of the UFO's perimeter when three mutons suddenly open the door. One roars and pounds its chest with a closed fist, charging straight into reaction fire and skidding across the forest floor.

These mutons are more in line with the grunts XCOM usually encounters, and the team has no trouble putting them down before they can get to cover and properly assess their situation. Before Maslov can continue to scout the remainder of the UFO's perimeter, Capt. Jenkins continues forward, shouting that she and Boyd have a clear entrance. The squad can either enter the UFO and begin fighting their way through, or back up and regroup before taking position on Redmond's hill and checking the UFO's port side.

Jenkins insists that this is still the safest way to proceed, and the team stacks up to breach. Before they can enter, they have a rogue sectoid to deal with.

Boyd, Maslov and Stackhouse move around to cover the outside of the UFO while Avery and Jenkins take down the sectoid. But the damage is done; that little alien has stalled the team enough for the enemy mech to join the fight. Not only is this the first of these units we've seen, there's something different about those two sectoids there, too...

As Maslov charges into the UFO, ready to duck any plasma he sees coming his way, he gets a lot more than he bargained for. The enemy mech's plasma cannon unleashes a barrage of the stuff that obliterates the wall the squad is stacked up behind. Jenkins charges forward, only to nearly bite it as a muton hiding in the engine room fires at her. Stackhouse is forced to sprint into the engine room and blast it, committing us to a very close range fight with these new alien contacts.

Avery charges in next, taking hard cover and blasting the mech pilot at close range to keep him suppressed. Jenkins looks the new sectoid in the eyes and doesn't wait to blast it in the chest, but it merely takes the blast and scampers away. Hamilton charges across the central chamber and presses against the exterior hull to prep a chem grenade, but two outsiders spot him moving and join the battle. The mech pilot blind fires his cannons, tearing more of the UFO's hull out, and activates some sort of energy shield.

Stackhouse and Trujillo check the motion tracker and begin moving through the central chamber of the Raider for a flanking maneuver, certain that all hostiles are now being engaged. Boyd steps across the exterior and executes one of the red sectoids with ease. The other has fallen back behind the outsider, and the two combine a psionic attack and suppressing fire to prevent Hamilton from throwing his chem grenade. Redmond lines up his shot to free Hamilton, but it's doubtful he can properly throw his grenade while the effects of the mindfray persist.

>sphincter relaxes

The remaining red sectoid and mech pilot are both poisoned, and fail spectacularly to do harm to any operatives. Boyd notices a trail of psionic energy linked to the pilot's brain, and charges after the other end. Receiving the location, Redmond spots his target. This mission is in the bag.

Stackhouse, eager to flank and destroy the enemy, charges in without checking the motion tracker and finds himself not only next to the sectoid, but dangerously an outsider he literally forgot about. He almost fails to kill it, but double taps as he notices the outsider get up and move to flank him.

what the fuck is going on

>mind control an ethereal
>i can't use him to control another ayys
fuck off jake

free bumps

And with just a bit of luck, even the blueshirts managed to survive this mission.

>free bumps
this is my whole stance on storyposters right now

Let's see how many of you have memery/memory
How do you call pic related ?

viper in nazi costumes

herr snek

People are lurking and reading what storyanon is writing.

Campaign posting is great for keeping slow generals alive and if the poster is any good you can get some pretty gud entertainment out of it.

No
It'sASSnek

right i remember now

Good mission.

long war keeps crashing every time i try to load this terror mission. is this campaign RIP?

Well if you only have one save for some reason, probably.

So what are your X-COM accomplishments /xcg/? What are you still working on?
I have finished:
x-com: enemy unkown ironman normal
XCOM EW ironman classic
X2 ironman commander
x-com FMP inronman normal
PirateZ ironman normal
I have an x-com superhuman campaign on hold and am currently trying to get through a normal Long War campaign.
After that I plan to finish an X2 Legenedary Ironman and then move back to X1 EW Ironman Impossible. If I ever make through all that I'll finish an Apocalypse ironman and maybe even force myself to play TFTD.

Ive been trying to do a ballistics only xcom2 run but that's been chewing me up as of late

What difficulty? Any restrictions on other equipment?

legend and arrmor is the only other restriction but I may change that if things are getting to become too much

Armor seems pretty harsh, especially when you consider you're restricting yourself to one item.

Yeah your right no armor upgrades is pretty suicidal

I think there's a tactical rigging mod, maybe try that. You could enable it for the same research time and cost predator armor would normally take.

terror missions in long war are actually worse than the air game. thank god these got changed in xcom2. (OH WAIT)

that may work il look for it when i get home

>same maps
>same enemies
>same bullshit missed shots and enemy crits
>same slowly moving enemies across forest looking for pods

who here /slowly losing will to play/?

Just play some other stuff for a bit breaks are good we just dont have much to talk about as of now

i tried playing darkest dungeon and it's basically the same thing

Try genre you usually dont play thats what I do

What is up with everyone's butt menstruation on Terror Missions in X2?

I've been playing a Legendary campaign and modded to have more and harder alien types, and so far I've been succeeding all of them

Yeah they can be a bit difficult, and I may lose a rook or two, but they aren't impossible

Idk i thought they were a nice change of pace

Another soldier's duty is done. Sleep well Sarge.

youtube.com/watch?v=lpZiPZwwXhM

Rip another brother lost

i have been using LW tool box to increase my squad size but i wanna know
what other alternatives there are?
is there a mod that allows for squads bigger than 6 and not look the loadout screen look awfull?

I feel you but i couldn't find an alternative I just want free camera rotation back so I an take my sexy screen shots again

Are we dying troops?

Squad Size Fix + edit the ini.

You are.

Maybe.

A new campaign always begins with just a few soldiers.

Give me some names for my troops

We slowly amass troops as the thread grows.

First guerrilla op
great start to the campaign

i'm hitting this point right now. just gonna take a break and play other games for a bit.

i think the X2 terror missions are a vast improvement over X1/LW but in both cases unless you get the perfect start you're going to incur civilian casualties no matter what. obviously this has larger repercussions in X1/LW which makes them even more of a pain. i'll go as far to say i even like the X2 missions simply because there's an actual win condition you can achieve.

lmao if this isn't legend you're LEGENDARILY bad

>White woman stands tall above the rest
Ayyran race master race.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

And I heard as it were the noise of thunder
One of the four Elders saying come and see and I saw
And behold a white snek

The Speaker's going around taking names
And he decides who to free and who to blame
Humanity won't be treated all the same
There'll be a golden Archon reaching down
When the Speaker comes around

The hairs on your arm will stand up
At the terror in each ship and humans cucked
Will you partake of that genetic altered shcmuck?
Or disappear into the Commander's pound

Hear the troopers, hear the vipers
One hundred million ayys singing
Ayylmaos are marching to the gatekeeper's hum
Central calling, rookies crying
Some rank up and some are dying
It's Bradford and Council's kingdom come

And while Firebrand is in the pipe
The squaddies are all prepping to jump ship
Firebrand's in the pipe 5 by 5
It's hard for rooks to hit those alien pricks

Till Avenger defense no shalam, no shalom
Then the commander will call his rookies home
The councilman will bow down before the throne
And in defeat humanity will be glassed

Advent are unjust let them be unjust still
XCOM is righteous let him be righteous still
Xenos are filthy let them be filthy still
Listen to Commander's word long written down

Hear the troopers, hear the vipers
One hundred million ayys singing
Ayylmaos are marching to the gatekeeper's hum
Central calling, rookies crying
Some rank up and some are dying
It's Bradford and Council's kingdom come

And while Firebrand is in the pipe
The squaddies are all prepping to jump ship
Firebrand's in the pipe 5 by 5
It's hard for rooks to hit those alien pricks

In measured rookies blood and Ayy lmao
When the Speaker comes around.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four Elders
And I looked and behold, /xcg/
And his name that followed him were snekposters
And shitposting followed with him.

;)

RARE MAP LAYOUT

who would win in a fight, original chryssalid or 2012 chryssalid?

Original chryssalid always kills the target if they hit. Without fail every-time. Unless it's mechanical. Then it takes like 3 to 6 hits which is only like half its TUs. They also had very good effective health, being able to survive multiple laser rifle shots. Not really a contest.

Considering that OG Chryssalids were fast enough to run out of the fog of war, run laps around your soldiers, run back into the fog and still have time to kill a civilian, I think OG Chryssalids would win

OG lids are fucking retarded scary

>poisoning the turret
Good job, snek.

Chryssalid Classic. The new diet chryssalid may have more legs and glowy bits, but it lacks the speed, lethality, and, most importantly, the terrifying shit-eating grin that persists even in death.

at least they got it back in X2

Made one of these armors. Appreciable subtlety. The psi-sense makes clearing buildings, mansions, and bases a breeze, plus I don't need to worry about ethereals or catgirls sneaking up on me. Unfortunately, it can't wield any weapons besides its innate magical powers.