/vsg/ - /v/scape general

can't keep a thread up edition

>>> What is /v/scape? >> Wikis Main Website Steam Group Official Teamspeak Staff

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18954776/vscape_backgrounds.zip
strawpoll.me/11199513
strawpoll.me/11199513/
vscape.wikidot.com/wiki:how-to-play
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

last update

why is pickles so cute?

Got around to crafting my black rock stack finally, can now make a decent tasting chocolate fairy bread to share with the lads

Reminder Starlight stay out.

nth for Wiggins Wilderness Watch Services

So what makes it special, rather than just playing on one of the old school servers?

So it's not easy-mode?

How would you know?

It would depend on what you would consider "easy"

Personally, even though the exp. rate is lower, I think a Grand Exchange and all the extra crap they have on OSRS DOES make it easier.

Over here, the exp. rate is higher, but that's pretty much it -- with no GE, you have to trade, quest, craft, and do things differently.

Ultimately I just like /v/scape better because it doesn't cost me shekels to play, and is stable/authentic with their updates not to ruin anything next month with some tasteless bullshit.

Let me put this way: You can either play OSRS and play the NEW version of 2007ish-era RuneScape, or you can play /v/scape, a more ACCURATE version of 2007ish-era RuneScape. It's a bit ironic, but I feel like that's what it comes down to as much as differences and similarities go.

I'll give it a spin then, even if it means installing the JRE.

this is actually pretty well explained and not a meme bullshit response, good on you

At least with a client you can customize your chat and inventory backgrounds user, look at the OP , that picture of a dank gnome child is not photoshopped in. In fact, people like regularly post templates you can just save into your /v/scape folder. It's one way to get a Pepe in your chatbox, or you can make your own. There was an instructions pack here somewhere too.

I was sceptical, now I am curious. How do the guys running it afford it? Are there donations, patreon, something else?

It costs ~$10 a month to keep the server running, it's incredibly cheap. According to Odel (the server hoster), the server is paid for for about another 2 years thanks to donations. If you read the FAQ on the wiki you'll see there aren't even any donation benefits, so it's kept going purely by the love of the players.

>I was sceptical, now I am curious

I don't blame you for being skeptical -- I've actually known /v/scape since Odelscape, it's previous version, but I was too skeptical to actually play it back then.

>How do the guys running it afford it?

Basically what said. No donation benefits, no bullshit. Given RuneScape's age, it doesn't particularly cost a lot to maintain since it's a small game, I think.

Furthermore, this private server is now over 2 years old, a great sign of health given how short-lived most other private servers are. I think this is a server built to last, and it probably will.

That's cheaper than my minecraft server!

That's what I like to hear. I've some experience of playing Vanilla WoW servers so these are the questions that come to mind.

So is Pickles cute?

All the admins are the most ugly, deplorable bunch of memers you'll ever come across, but they're bros and reliable as fuck.

>So is Pickles cute?

Incredibly cute. You have no idea how sexy her voice is, how pretty her eyes are, and how warm and cheerful her personality always is.

Pickles is also a massive drunk so you know you're gonna have a good time.

That's a fair compromise.

rare pic of pickles in his youth

Remember to vote A Sloth in the upcoming Pmod elections!

I'd rather vote Randy

Reminder that vscape is the only authentic old runescape server existing.

Reminder that "oldschool" runescape is full baby shit, completely ruined the game and not authentic old school runescape and no different to RS3.

this

I'D RATHER EAT RANDY

>speaking in 3rd person

uh are all vscapers this fucking retard autistic

Who else would run a private RuneScape server?

That is snib you newfag.

Instruction pack.
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18954776/vscape_backgrounds.zip

thanks fampai

boggles my mind why shit like this isn't in the OP, or at the very least the wiki

It used to be in the op, someone got salty and removed it.
It's buried on the wiki too.

It's on the faq page.

Selling: antifire potions, super restores, ranging pots, zammy pg 4, dsq,
torags hammers, ahrims top, sara chaps coif vambs, 1.2k rune javelins,
17k iron knives, 30k mith bolts, 1k bloods, 750 deaths, glories, cooked monkfish, various arrows and darts

Buying: tokkul, dhides, gems, ores and bars

selling rare hats

wtb limpwurt seeds

>selling rare hats
Ah, the Valve business model.

get them while they last
this is the updated sale

all gone

buying guthan's platebody

buying it for more pm me

BONDAGE
GAY
WEBSITE

FUCK YOU
latent

「Fuck you」

abuse

i'm posting gachimuchi again lol

Anyone into Herblore?

yes

IMPORTANT MEME POLL
strawpoll.me/11199513
strawpoll.me/11199513
strawpoll.me/11199513

what the fuck is this? whats the pop like?

600 players lowest

holy shit thats great, rs2 is 900 at the most when i play and that server is laggy as shit.

anyone willing to help a rusty faggot looking for a nostalgia rush get back into the game?

He's lying to you, 30 lowest 60 70 max

user meme'd you, the server is dead

hol up
r u fukin with me?
fuck me
i got got

wouldnt GE be something that benefits lower pop servers?

>wouldnt GE be something that benefits lower pop servers?

I want to mutilog my main and an ironman who will do nothing interaction-wise with each other, please mods confirm or deny my ability to do so

>when you see a two newfags giving each other farming tips near the patches
>none are even wearing a nature amulet

im serious, i dont see the point in maintaining the free economy if there's not going to be many people around to trade with anyway

anyone play rs07 osrs and can give me some money towards bond?

Multilogging is inherently wrong even if one of the accounts is an ironman, taking up more than one resource spot per person should not be allowed no matter what.

t. mod

you're a fucking idiot

Nice argument.
Faggot :^)

what if im doing agility or fishing on my ironman

If the person is willing to put in the extra time and effort on a second account, and allow the community to reap the benefits of more population, what negative comes about from multilogging?

When this server first came out, we could tri-log. I would run one main with slayer, fish for lobs on another (id give the lobs out for free) and mine p ess for myself and everyone else on a third account. If i wasnt going to use the lobs or p ess i would just give the stuff away. And even if i wanted to sell it, whats wrong with that? More P ess in the market, cheaper to levle RC, more RC, more runes, etc.

howsthatsforanargumentyouconivingcuckoldfaggot

>putting your insults in spoilers like a pussy faggot
>tired old "us oldfags could exploit in the past, let us do it now!" non-argumnent
Fuck off, Dont Forget/Hellfox.

That wasn't my justification but an example of the benefit of multilogging, you nitwit little cock gobbler.

Thank you for wasting your time to write down the benefits of an exploit that is so widely known, an official rule had to be made against it to prevent lazy faggots like you from wanting to finish the game faster.
It's never gonna happen, loser.

>finish the game
>finish
he doesnt get the idea of the grind, does he?

>finish the game

-----Reminder to vote-----
strawpoll.me/11199513/
strawpoll.me/11199513/
strawpoll.me/11199513/

Do u really think another tournament, that's even worth watching, will happen? no

The last attempted pvp tournament was castle wars, and it didn't even fucking happen

Yes it did

yes it absolutely did

Why are you playing /v/scape on a Saturday night?

Explain yourself

The yousirname one absolutely did not.

I participated in it

i also participated in it

Beats browsing /r9k/ while feeling bad about myself.

Oh man, some of these choices fucking lmao

mfw my name is on this list

>create new account
>level in only in combat to ~70 cblvl
>farm with one account use the other to make supply runs

thank god for laptops

>mfw yell has been nothing but animeposting all day

this is how I feel everyday

...............W check this 5

>when disappointment distances arent actually disappointing

nice try but check this 7

*sigh*
Note crops with the leprechaun

Any time I try to run the game, regardless of if I delete the jars and redownload them or not, I just can't play the game. I can't get past "checking for updates" with the launcher. Java's updated.

I miss you all ;_;

did you download the newest launcher?

delete your vscape2 folder then try again

vscape.wikidot.com/wiki:how-to-play
>Launcher Stuck In Checking Updates

Is there any way to scale the ui? I'm on a 4k screen so I'm having to press my face against it to read anything.

>he fell for the 4k meme

Change your resolution

1. Work bought it for me
2. It doesn't causes me eye-strain as easily. Unless the text is really small.