BMW 5-Series good First Car?

I'm thinking about getting a 550i for a first car. It's a relative bargain and has all the swag of the M5 without the insane horsepower of MSRP.

>inb4 irresponsible teen

Excellent idea OP do it

If it were my cash and i could afford it, i'd do it.
US / Eurofag?

US. Thanks for the input/

Im assuming you have some of daddys money to help out, in which case its a good car.

Just dont be the typical asshole in it though, save the crazy driving for a responsible time

Get a 535. Better tuning potential, even cheaper to insure and maintain.

What a great idea. BMWs are known for reliability and affordable repairs, so this should be a great first car.

OP here. The 535i only has the Turbocharged i6. The 550 has the N/A V8.

Major difference in power, also price difference is relatively small.

>BMWs are known for reliability and affordable repairs

OP here.

BMW's are extremely reliable, and depreciation is so low that high-mileage Beamers still retain 40% of their value.

Also, being an owner of an E320, and seeing the low maintenance costs for my cousin's E46 M3, there is a great difference in price of repairs.

>The 535i only has the Turbocharged i6. The 550 has the N/A V8
62HP / 66TQ

535i - 3,660 lbs - 302HP / 295TQ
550i - 3,946 lbs - 362HP / 361TQ

Now, it's your money, so get whatever makes you happy. But having owned both a 535 and a 550, the difference between the two is minimal. The 535 is intentionally under tuned and under-rated. The insurance was about 15% less for the 535, and a COBB tune brought me back up to the 550 power levels for about $700.

I won't tune a BMW. Especially a used one, since that will severely drop resale value.

Uhhhhhhhh what?

>since that will severely drop resale value
lolno

>lolno

lolyes

>OP here
>First car
>"BMWs are extremely reliable"

Stopped reading there. You don't know fucking shit, this is your first car, and you think you know that the most unreliable brand in car history is reliable?

Why'd you even make this thread if you know better, you shitter

[Citation required]
Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.

>Why'd you even make this thread if you know better, you shitter
kek

>most unreliable brand in history
>still more reliable than Cadillac, Volvo, Mazda, Chrysler etc
wow you really know your stuff!

OP here. Thanks!

i mean the 550i skips a lot of the annoying problems of the e60, but that doesn't help the fact that it's difficult to fix or maintain yourself (at least more difficult than the e39) and isn't as engaging to drive as the previous gen