/fog/ - Fallout General

Last Thread: >fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/cfog/ Thread
>/aco/ Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gunetwork.org/f44-fallout-public-releases
strawpoll.me/11197476
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_cultural_references
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_cultural_references
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is such a thing even possible?

So where's that pump action shotgun?

gunetwork.org/f44-fallout-public-releases

There you go guys, finally a page where i can find ported content without being canned out by moderators

First for never ever

unless a faggot uses the textures on motoko's bodysuit

Reminder that there are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who didn't do the right thing.

strawpoll.me/11197476
strawpoll.me/11197476
strawpoll.me/11197476

Hey /fog/ can anyone give me info on the Novatrons in Nuka World? More specifically, whay weapons the variants use (invader, dominator, etc.)

So i'm trying to farm a 2shot handmade rifle from the rogue knight. Ive got my autosave set on the handmade rifle, but i seem to only get the same several legendary effects each kill. Do certain mobs not have the full list of legendary effects on their loot table?

Who would win?

Another pic of some ports i found

HATE BROTHERHOOD

They are assualtron dominators with one or two slow? laser rifles equipped, and a little bit less health.

That is illegal because... uh you are stealing content from a fallout game and putting it into a fallout game, but fallout 3 ports in new vegas didn't matter, completely different!!

I don't care

Maxson because he's got a suit of T-60F and a rapid gatling laser instead of a shitty .44 revolver and a leather jacket.

So far I've seen the default, with a claw/auto rifle the dominator, with 2 auto rifles, and one with a rifle/sword. Is this all they can have?

who is alchestbreach? Why does he hate radios?

I just finished fallout 4 and I'm wondering how you guys can take this series seriously. The brotherhood saluting that robot and the entire setup being serious was ruined by the thing literally quoting poetry and yelling about communism. I was laughing my ass off at what was supposed to be the serious conclusion to the game.

>I wouldn't want to port the content from the superior game to the most graphically advanced one and see armors in better quality
Only fags care about copyright.

No one takes it seriously. It's a waifu simulator and nothing else.

whats with that face?

Looks fucking terrible

This.

If you want to take Fallout seriously, go to /cfog/. This thread is reserved for waifufagging and mod discussion.

better LOD mods when

So what faction should I side with this time anons? I already finished everyone at least once

Yeah, but how can anyone take it seriously? It's asinine.

My waifu has a huge body!

Because 3/4ths of Fallout is serious, 1/4th is wacky or over-the-top.

Shitposting is a bannable offense. Do your part and hit that report button.

Fallout 1, 2, and NV are more classic sci fi. They're like Blade Runner to 3/4's Star Wars or Plan 9. Don't think to hard about it and just enjoy the fun.

so the plot of fallout 4 was? You wake up in a vault and shits gone bad?

You go out to find your only living relative, but some spooky advanced group has something to do with him disappearing, and you have to talk to a scientists in a shit hole community to find him, but before that happens These Heros in shinning power armor show up called the brotherhood of steel and they start wiping out all the super mutants, soon after talking to the BOS the advanced futuristic bad guys goons start invading places all over.

You kill some evil guy who is unexplained old and holding your relative prison, just to have them ripped away again.

You end up in the big bad's base of operations, escape, fix up a giant robot and blow them up with a nuke..

Wait what game was I talking about?

no fallout game has ever been serious

>Fallout 1, 2, and NV are more classic sci fi.
No they aren't.

Whats with all this revisionist bullshit lately?

Fallout 1 and 2 are arguably still the most goofy/wacky games in the series. Fallout 2 especially, which was massively criticized for it to the point Avellone wrote out like half the game from canon because it was just that too far.

My waifu's seen some shit.

>The Raider Workshops are all connected to each other.
Building my raider fortresses just became way easier.

Why were all of the 90's games full of easter eggs?
What happened to easter eggs that people stopped making them? Was it the idiots who thought mario or doctor who were canon characters?

KILL

LOOT

RETURN

when bethesda can into lighting

My waifu is a battle-hardened mean son of a gun!

They should have added a wild wasteland thing to both fallout 2 and fallout 3 like in new vegas, so we knew what was just cheeky references and what was full on easter eggs.

Well, to be fair, you only fix the robot in half of the storylines

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_cultural_references
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_cultural_references

?

I can't believe I'm actually saying that but sierra is cuter in f03.

>10 years

No, they should just stop trying to create a fucking division in the game.

Is there a list of must have mods for Fallout 4?

Because of a few easter eggs?

The Master plot and the Enclave had more artistic reasoning put into their placement in Fallout 1 and 2 than in Fallout 3.

wow those are sort of shit.. I mean fallout new vegas has a lot, but fallout 3's cultural references are even worse..

>Cram is a reference to spam
no shit, thanks nukapedia.

>10 different star trek references.

See cram or some 1984 quote isn't lore breaking, but aliens and a magic fatman that launches multiple nukes from one nuke is logic breaking.

Requesting something like this, but this is my first playthrough where I will actually finish the game instead of giving up after I meet the Institute

How is magic logic breaking? Fallout universe is a universe with magic in it

>a magic fatman that launches multiple nukes from one nuke is logic breaking.

Not really. Critical mass isn't a thing (or SCIENCE! has figured out a way around it) and MIRVs are just set a lot of smaller warheads launched at the same time

It only looks funny because they didn't give it a custom model in 3, unlike in 4.

For fuck's sake, how demanding is Fallout 4? I'm on the lowest settings possible and I'm still getting lag spikes and stupid long loading times. This is embarrassingly retarded.

I haven't played since last year when it came out. Now many months later the game still runs like ass.

How are new Amoral Combat quests triggered? I've had two so far

for some reason some nuka world content likes to bully your PC's fps

I'm not implying three was better, but it was self aware about how ridiculous it was, while four simultaneously takes itself seriously and has you traipse around as a superhero and fight alongside hammy robots. It's frustrating.

>Bethesda's writing is shit

Somebody alert the Press!

Can anyone familiar with NMM tell me why some mods have numbers and others have 0A as their load number, This is confusing.

Something about Nuka World likes to fuck with my display driver. The game will lag uncontrollably until I reboot the display driver, and then it gets back on track. Maybe try that, chum.

>a magic fatman that launches multiple nukes from one nuke is logic breaking.

>The Master plot and the Enclave had more artistic reasoning put into their placement in Fallout 1 and 2 than in Fallout 3.
No tey didn't.

both were one note, one dimensional, mustache twirling, cliche bad guys, with plans so dumb they would make Lex Luthor and the Legion of Doom look competent by comparison.

I assume it's because you can only fit 99 numbers in 2 characters.

BoS is asleep, post freedom fighters

them tiddies fightin to get free of that shirt lmao

Brotherhood. Once you've finished the MQ, you get the entertainment of watching vertbirds being flown into buildings by the special needs kids the BoS calls 'lancers'.

Seeing patrols of power armored troops wiping out ghouls and raiders is entertaining too.

comfy innawoods stalker

>dat low quality texturing

dropped

That Appleseed armor was underwhelming

That modder should not mislead folks into thinking it is high quality shit

this SS looks like she left not-Shaun to die

>unless a faggot uses the textures on motoko's bodysuit
Then be that faggot!

Who /innawoods/ here?

>That outfit
Why give a kevlar chestpiece a tit window
Briairios best husbando

I just reinstall my driver and completely reset everything, yet I'm still getting 2-5 minute load up when I start my game, lag spikes when I walking around and look around.

God damn, I just want to play the game.

I dunno. It's a striking design and has sex appeal I guess but I always prefered more realistic designs. Most of the other Appleseed media, she's wearing pretty sensible armor.

Of course. It was an abomination of science and likely a vengeance weapon deployed by the Institute. The moment it was allowed aboard the Prydwen, it could have tried to assassinate Maxson or overload the reactor.

What do you think would have happened if the SS could have/did leave Kellogg alive?

>you will never create a new family and new line of maxsons with maxson

why live

Would've liked to have made him my companion in an Institute playthrough.
He had such a tragic life. I think he also secretly cared for Shaun.

when 4k becomes as common as 1080p is today

for now there is no point, people blame bethesda but every open world game is like this.

So is this game actually worth a run through with some mods?

I played for about 30 hours on launch and got pretty fucking bored and disappointed with how shitty it was.

Right now I have :
craftable ammo
dogmeat craftable outfits
lowered weapons

Playing survival, is there any other light mod like those I could add ?

>no war of the commonwealth

??

what does it mean?

Not him but
>actually using WOTC
I bet you used MMM for Fallout 3/NV also

>war of the commonwealth

bookmarked, it looks pretty tuff tho I'm only level 7 so I'll wait for this one maybe

How so? The Master believed that the ends justified the means, and backed down once you proved the instability behind said ends. He was birthed from the Pre-War world's fuck ups, and was condemned to repeat them, in a deluded fashion. This works better for the game's theme of progression.

The mutants' returning in 3 and 4 removes the historic context behind the Master's plan, and as a result feel out of place. They're just as relevant to the game as the radroaches, and could be taken out without any problems.

The Enclave work well coming off of Fallout 1. The protagonist's culture is a regression to tribal society. They're a bunch of drug sniffing savages who believe in magic sky spirits who rarely leave their village, and they're the antithesis of everything the Enclave wants out of the wasteland. The juxtaposition of the American government with this isn't accidental, and creates a more engaging story.

The Enclave and the muties don't have a place in Fallout 3, because we've already seen them before. To bring em back like a Saturday morning cartoon villain just feels regressive, which is out of tune with the series' themes.

Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream
Make him the cutest that I've ever seen
Give him two lips like roses and clover
Then tell him that his lonesome nights are over

Bom bom bom bom bobom

It's like listening to somebody talk about how 'deep' Evangelion is

fuck i need this whole outfit including the gun.

>NMA got a cameo in a fallout game

Where's our respect, /fog/?

Morning tiger meow

See
What that user said.

Everything you said reeks of trying way to hard to justify pretty basic bullshit as being far deeper then it is

I'm level 21, I have a powerful hunting rifle, explosive double barrel and kellogg's revolver. Am I ready for the Mirelurk Queen at the state house?

My DR is 60 right now (Kellogg's outfit)

>anyone got some good rebel re-textures?

Sure did. I also play fo4 with both WotC and Endless warfare

You can start it at any level, just be prepared to run a lot

>Sure did.
>unironcially using MMM

But user, she's in love with a synth!

i'll kill him too.
do it for the hats!

>Implying synths aren't superior waifus/husbandos

The Master was an arrogant, neurotic, mad-scientist type. That's all there is to him.
And hey, that's fine, it was the 90s and he made for a good villain. Doesn't need to go deeper than that.

The Enclave was what it was because it was a sequel, and they needed an even bigger, badder big-bad.
They went with the series' emerging Americana theme, and did a bloody good job with it.

I get the feeling that they didn't expect the series to get a sequel when they made the first game.