Mods:
nexusmods.com/starbound/?

community.playstarbound.com/resources/

steamcommunity.com/app/211820/workshop/

QOL mods:
pastebin.com/WeKUygSf

Mod Guide:
(feel free to add mods there)

docs.google.com/document/d/1bogJqITtx6qLy0QAP-93Q4ndD8yWWsHDKZl7SZXlJzs/edit?usp=sharing

Wiki:
starbounder.org/Starbound_Wiki

Item ID Repository:
starbounditems.herokuapp.com/

Serverlist:
pastebin.com/8TNruA0p

Server Points of Interest Sheet: (finding /sbg/ on various servers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eaPqQC4u3LnlMdP_RAGxAFCJLYZ0ZcO1XTDpOWA9EBk/edit?usp=sharing

Zinc's Discord
discord.gg/Tk9wpth

Mod plans: ideaguying thread. Let's make Starbound great together.
docs.google.com/document/d/1BTvQY1q4XKfSNOee92GseDi7ZUe1k94FeHOUwizHBQo/edit?pref=2&pli=1
Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QTYMA9Za
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for post your characters!

We're on page 8. May as well give it a bump with my shitty raptor.
Cutebound does work with 1.1, right? I can't recall if it was released just before or just after that patch.

my friend and i made bunny twins for zinc's server

well ain't that neat.

Might as well post this too.

my glitch has a tv for a head and runs a maid cafe

When the CuteBound mod released, there was compatibility patch for Frackin Universe with the early version. Is that still needed for FU?

Okay, I'm pretty sure it's not entirely EBS's fault, as some mods I have are likely not updated for 1.1. Because that's always a thing. I just don't know what, exactly, I'm looking for. pastebin.com/QTYMA9Za

Though, judging by the sheer number of errors related to the Container UI tweak mod, that should be a fairly large red flag.

Found that

(AssetException) Error loading asset /items/active/grapplinghooks/grapplinghookanimation.lua

The Fu patch is just to make FU's armors have female sprites (if none) and more close to the body is there was already one
The old patch should still be compatible but it needs testing

It's because I'm using an Avali one, probably. So I'm going to have to wait for an update to 1.1 for that so its grappling hook will actually work.

Another question, does Cutebound's FU patch work even though I downloaded FU via the workshop? They're in different folders and I don't know how Starbound does load order.

i don't know either actually, it should work
Damn i need to clean the fu patch, there's too much useless files in it

I will test everything very soon, clean the patch and post it on Steam too

Avali grapple was broken before 1.1. One of the smaller "bugfix" patches broke it. I would know, I was crashing myself over and over before I narrowed down the Avali grapple as the cause.

Side note, it seems that EBS does not in fact conflict with Cutebound in the slightest, and I think it might actually work in tandem. I didn't actually take measurements, though.

As before, share your interesting custom weapons with the class so we can record them for posterity.

If you don't mind, try to include a short description so people have a good idea what they're getting even if they aren't so code literate and so I don't have to go in game and try them out to write them myself.

This thread is empty because we're all off playing Starbound, right?

Call me a furfag but I read the lore of the familiars race and actually got intrigued with some of the concepts.

Furfag.

Definitely a furfag

That's pretty cute. This is the familiars mod?

>not using the superior Kineptic
Though it is a ded mod and hasn't been updated in ages.

Yea. They're supposed to be a race of beings made up of magical energy. So they're like the novakids, but instead of symbols on their faces they have racecar paint and tails.

Tho I did install the no-fullbright mod for them. If they should glow they should emit light, not just make the body stand out obnoxiously.

>the only maid

Is there a way to add pets you've caught pre-patch to your collection?

Might have to check it out then. I saw the name, but didn't look into it much more than that. Being something cute is always fun.

Oh, do they glow a lot more normally?

Why isn't this a valid house? Double-thick beams at the bottom are a hidden door.

No idea. Maybe the game doesn't register hidden doors as normal doors?

Platforms don't count.

Maybe. I'll try it out with some other houses later

They aren't meant to here

>Oh, do they glow a lot more normally?

They are fullbright but don't emit light, I don't think the creator knew how to get it to work. But if you just put on a EPP with a light augment you pretty much glow according to their lore anyway.

It's pretty abandoned too, they only have armor up to tier 4 and their melee weapons got cut after the last official patch changed how combat works.

Fishing with a rod is overrated.

that type of door may not count as a conventional one, idk

Hey guys! Is starbound fun yet?

No.

pls no bully my ship, I just started

Nice for a basic sort of thing, and I expect you're not /admin commanding anything in, since most of this seems pretty basic stuff you'd find around. Consider tearing the walls out and implementing the use of alternative blocks for the background.

Where in the hot fuck are novakid settlements supposed to spawn?

IN THE FIRES OF THE SUN. iunno. keep going till the game loads new planets man

I bet you need a brand new universe for those to spawn.
Because cucklefuck.

Hidden doors don't count as doors as NPC's can't open them.

Pretty sure you just have to go into an unexplored sector to spawn planets. Then it's up to the RNG.

I'm holding off on fucking with my ship until I get another tier or two, I just needed a place for storage that didn't look like complete ass. My current project is a research lab base in one of the islands on an ocean planet.

However I think I fucked myself when planning the layout and I don't really want to go about refilling and reshaping the whole damn thing. I'll probably just reroll somewhere else after I find a metric fuckton of tungsten.

Put your hidden doors "behind" a trivial room with normal doors?

Silly aliens will be none the wiser about this sewer passage.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the suggestion

Are those big tanks in Vanilla? I don't recall ever seeing them.
Also, how do you build on Scorched planets without your shit getting wrecked by meteor storms 24/7?

The tanks are from the sewers

The tanks are found in sewer dungeons.
I'm on a scorched planet that only has blowing sand as the environmental hazard.

Some "easter egg"/rare drop outfits I'm planning on doing for Cutebound.

Doing Altman's work, user.

Good shit man

In racemod news (since there's been a lack of racemod news), I've just been contacted by another collaborator on the forums offering to do item descriptions. At some point soon, I need to start actually coordinating things!

That's strange, I thought I'd culled a few of the skin tones from the Lunarians' species file. Did you add them back in?

I haven't been following Cutebound as closely as I'd've liked, but from what I've seen, it looks pretty damn amazing. Hopefully without sounding presumptuous, would you like to try upgrading any of the racemod races to Cutebound versions? I'd message you on the forums, but you don't seem to have uploaded the mod there (so I have no idea what your username is).

>tfw even after stealing ideas from other people and using admin commands your ship is still boring as salt

>tfw you're trash at interior decorating

Post your ship. Let us help.

This is currently HDoomguy - I don't have a forum account or anything or much knowledge of other Starbound mods, i'm mostly just doing some of the spritework for CB - you'd have to ask Barb about that.

THE SECOND STORY BOSS
IS AN EDGY FUCK
WITH A KATANA
WHO STARTS THE FIGHT BY TELEPORTING BEHIND YOU

Starbound can't be a game made in earnest. It can't. No one can spend five years developing a game and make this much literally fanfiction.

My bad, hadn't realized there was a team. I don't have a tumblr yet but i should probably get one for devposting, so do you think I could PM him or vice versa?

heading to bed right now though

It's a girl, too.

Only 2 or 3 of us at the moment, might grow as the project gains interest. He usually checks these threads so he'll prolly see/respond to this.

Are there any settlements on the toxic waste planets, or are they just good for finding hazmat suits in?

Assuming the thread doesn't die before one of us wakes up, anyway.

I still refuse to believe this, but I suppose it's better than any of the alternatives.

I don't plan on even upgrading my ship any more because A) the bigger Apex ships are fucking ugly and B) I have a bunch of fucking empty space already

Does that drill do butt stuff?

A good idea that worked for me is to start with the background of the room. Then you can place similar items in it and figure something out. One easy room you can work on is the bunks for your crew. Slap some beds in one room, and maybe a chair or two. I see you got a kitchen, so add a sink, some kitchenware, and a table or two. That is, if you want to.

>find high pitched microphone right off the bat
>start shitting around in the default song list
This is way more fun than it deserves to be.
Can I upload my own songs and can people in multiplayer hear it?

Yes and yes

>First fan is a landwhale mexican

Popularity is harsh.

>delete universe to cycle mods
>outpost is barren
>there's no check for player progress, it's all kept world-side
>have to revisit every mission to hit the triggers
T-thanks.

Just to double check, this is where I extract the mods right? Because when I opened the game everything looked the same.

no you dummy, it's in starbound -> mods
giraffe_storage is like, an outdated folder im pretty sure

Thanks.

How do I get into the non-rp server? Do I just type in fishbowl.moe into the server address? I get this error.

i'm pretty sure zinc's ERP server is the only one up anymore but i might be wrong

They're going to do their own shark race and yours is furshit. So you two are incompatible.

I have to say, that in spite of the wasted and removed potential, a lazy-as-hell team ruled over by a fedora'd shithead, and just being something less than what people wanted, Starbound can still give the impression of something comfy.

And I hardly say that being below Terraria is 'dead', given that it's in the top 100 on steam by active player count. Just my opinion.

>mfw

Has anyone, anyone at all. Actually found a Novakid settlement yet?

>start trying to interact with Frackin's mechanics
>a hundred different workshops
Christ on a quadratic bicycle.

No.

911, 420 on australias minoris 1.

Yes.

>Novakids can't melt steel beams

That's rather odd. I hope someone else picks it up or the creator works on it again.

>Fuel capacity resets whenever your ship is upgraded.
I swear to god.

Now, someone needs to tell me something.
Is the only way to get crew members endlessly grinding these villager quests and their asinine demands?

I think there's a mod out there that lets you just yell at any npc to become a crew member. Other than doing the missions and getting lucky I have no idea.
But what do I know I'm still new here

There is the Job Offers mod, which lets you craft request forms for whatever class you want, and then you use them on random passersby and they are eligible for crew.

Neat

>mfw everywhere I look for a remove kebab.abc or spooky scary skeleton.abc the links are broken

Dead thread.

bumb

How the fuck do I catch rare fish? All I get are the three first in the collection.