Why are decent cars so expensive?

Why are decent cars so expensive? A 2006 toyota carolla around here is about 7k USD. USED

What the fuck is going on? How could anyone without parental support buy this shit? I always wonder how people my age(23) get cars so fast. Its because they all drive fucking hand me down cars.

I don't know anyone my age who purchased their own car completely solo. No help what so ever.

I have 8000 USD saved up and still can't buy a decent car because they all run 6-7k USD. Ontop of that, I have no car insurance and I am under 25 which means the fucking car insurance can discriminate against me because I am male and charge me more.

Why is that even allowed? Its literally discrimination and no one cares?

Why are decent cars so expensive? They aren't even new!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lP1KntHF90E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>2016
>spending more than $5,000 on a used car for your first car
youtube.com/watch?v=lP1KntHF90E

Because people with more money than you want them too.

I've never spent more than $1800 buying a car in my life

There are plenty of cars for 5-8k gtfo
The corrola s with low miles and a stick is 10k in the Rustbelt. Cry more.

>7k
>a lot

What the fuck do you drive? Some shit box that fucks up every time you open the door?

its a lot for a used car. Why are people who browse Veeky Forums so fucking egotistical?

not really, there's some small new cars you can get for 3k more.

I actually do have to occasionally adjust the driver's door on the truck, yeah.

You trying to buy in cash? You have 8k, that's a HUGE down payment on any car loan. With that you could probably fetch something between 20k-30k, assuming you have decent income.

Also fwiw, I bought my first car for 8k on a 3 year loan. 2008 Subaru Impreza. Just find a reputable dealer and then work something out with the bank. You have a lot more money than you think.

I have 8k LIFE SAVINGS bro. Not 8k to drop on a car.

Buy a fixer upper pussy

I only have 2500 in savings. I still have a good car.

Do you have a job with income?

Cont. That's literally all you need to get a loan. The ability to pay it off will get you approved no problem.

yeah I have a job that pays about 18 dollars a hour but I have student loans unfortunately. That is whats gimping me right now. I can pay the loans comfortably but I just can't do much else.

I just bought a corolla 94 for 2k and cars cost more in my country.

Toyota hold their value very well. Finda an american car of the same age and mileage and it will most likely be about half that much.

post your county craigslist and what you're expecting from your car. we'll hook you up.

The most expensive car I've been able to buy was a 2002 Blazer for 3250, and that was with parental help and working full time. Other two vehicles I've bought were for 500 and 2,000. Shit sucks yo but you learn a shit ton having to fix them

Learn to budget. You make more money than me lol. With a decent down payment on a

>really small down payment
*really small monthly payment

Idk where you are, we've never spent more than 5 k on a car.

First was a Buick leSabre, excellent vehicle, VEE ATE, the gauge cluster rose up when you put it into gear, BENCH SEAT, rust killed it. 500 dollars.

Honda civic, it was lame as fuck, and slipped in snow. 2000.

Chevy cavalier, it was a cavalier, but 0 maintenance as fuck. Mom crashed it into an explorer. 2000

Ford focus, MY FUCKING CARFU, BEST CAR CANNOT BE BEAT! SERVED OVER 600,000km WITH THE MOST EXPENSIVE REPAIR BEING A TRANNY FLUSH! 4000 dollars. Rusting like fuck, towed it this year.

Dodge dakota 4000 dollars or so, VEE ATE, REALLY nice truck, hauled well, looked sad all the time. Comfy for a truck, External body looked like kinda bad, paint chipping and so on, but everything worked fine, it was good. Gave to uncle for free, he sold it for 1000 because he needed money fast.

Multiple toyota corrolas, none owned for long except the current one:
current one 2003. Tranny replaced, axle replaced, breaks replaced, caliper, basically this car made me stop believing that Toyota are indestructible. Only 210,000 km too. 3800 Dollars.

1999 honda CRV, my car. Honda reliability is a meme, drive shaft replaced, works OK. 4200 dollars.

Anyway long story short, know what you're looking for. And keep looking hard. Don't buy a toyota, they hold their value because of CANNOT BE KILL meme. Do research on the SPECIFIC car you're going to buy not the brand or country it comes from.

What the fuck is that that video?
i'm dieing

That's Bootsy Collins from some Parliament Funkadelic cartoon.

Dude just finance. My gut says you haven't even made an attempt. Make a $5k down payment. Have you even bothered to get an insurance quote or are you just drinking the bitch punch and being a whiny ass? Mine was eighty fucking dollars a month on a shoebox for full goddamn coverage at 21 years old. From GEICO. Fuck out of here, man. My monthly payment on the car is only like $150 and I barely financed even $8k. That was when I made $800 a month.

Sack the fuck up.

Get a Isuzu there great and very cheap

OP here,

I guess the pricing may be like that because I only shop at dealerships. FUCK BUYING ANYTHING FROM RANDOS EVER.

I don't trust personal sales because more times than not, people sell cars with something wrong with them and they don't want to shell out money to fix it. So they sell it to some idiot like me. This is why I only would like to visit dealerships.

This is also why we need big government. Because fuckers can't govern themselves and will rip people off if given the chance. Basically, how I see it.. if "big brother" can tell you how to play, then there is nothing to fear because people who break rules get dealt with.

Ohhh I get it you're an idiot. That explains everything.

>driving clunker gas guzzlers

What the fuck is wrong with you?

How does insurnace quotes work? I just went on geico and it asked me to put in a make and model of a car. I don't have a car yet so how can I even fill that shit out!?

>tfw fucking high school kids drive way newer cars than I can afford

you know that dealers can be scumbags too and sell you some shitbox that they know is shit, right?

They get pretty decent gas and they are very tough and reliable they are good all around

No way. Dealerships buy and sell everything for exactly its fair market value! They build those huge lots, buildings and pay their giant staff entirely with good karma.

A decent Isuzu Rodeo brings $5k around here.

Thank Obama for crushing all the affordable shitboxes

>yfw cash4clunkers was just a push by Big Auto to sell new cars

Damn where is that? you can get a pretty good one for 2500 or less here

>clunker
fuck off it's better than whatever pos suv you like

Just buy a 99-04 VW Passat.
>top tier MPG if you go Diesel
>leather interior
>comfortable
>reliable
>cheap maintenance
>still looks decent today
>spacious as fuck
>$1000 starting

This, but for Golfs as well.

Kansas. If it's 4 wheel drive and moves under its own power it's worth its weight in gold.

>late model VW
>reliable

If i was going to get a Suv that's what i would get anyone there actually better than 4runners and the like just very underrated

>better than a 4runner
Kek.

4runners are overrated the Isuzu is much more durable and just overall better

Stop being a retarded fanboy. If it was in any way a better vehicle it would still be made.

>Ontop of that, I have no car insurance and I am under 25 which means the fucking car insurance can discriminate against me because I am male and charge me more.
>be 22
>male
>have an accident on record
>get quoted $150/month for full coverage on a brand new pickup from a reputable company
Learn to shop around you dumb fuck.

>there actually better than 4runners

I like Rodeos too but let's not get carried away.

>the Isuzu is much more durable

Right up until the oil light comes on and you are left wondering if the damage has already been done.

This. A lot of nice stuff got that engine seize shit poured down it and went to the scrap yard for no fucking reason because of muh feels. Thanks liberals.

Early 90's Jeep Cherokee. Indestructible. Bonus points if you can find one with a manual. I let this one go for $1300. I'm a retard.

Did you rattle can that Mustang?

insurance companies don't want to give you money, they're a business. but statistically, if you're a young male, you fuck up your car and they're out money. so they charge you more because you're a higher financial risk to their business.

if you're 23, it's understandable that you might not have your first car, but you can get a decent ride that'll get you from point a to point b for 5 years or so while you establish your career. something like a toyota matrix xrs or ford focus svt can be a great little car for not a whole lotta money and should last you a while with minimal maintenance expenditures.

Nice meme

It's true they really are better 4runners are very overrated Land Cruisers are great though

Those damn things always fuck up there's something new messed up on them at least once a month

>99
>late model

>What the fuck is going on? How could anyone without parental support buy this shit? I always wonder how people my age(23) get cars so fast. Its because they all drive fucking hand me down cars.

I was making 50k a year as an intern in college at 20. Try getting a real degree and a real job.

>meme
>zero evidence why it's better

>it's true because I say so

Nah the guy I bought it from sprayed it on. I have what's left in a can with the manufacturer and color codes though which is nice. It's a Capri.

It's just better for utility in every way

i have two friends who both got dead reliable cars both in stick...free, they arent pretty but they spend nothing but gas money because they dont care about it...no maintenence no inspection blown struts etc.

here iam replacing all my dead suspension on my 15 yr old car, changing the atf religiously new tires etc and i spent like 4k on my shitbox not including insurance and plates..

i would love a free car. maybe one day.

My family has a 99 Passat since 2002.
The only repairs were two replacement wishbones on the front axle and new seals for the Diesel pump.

I bought a new GLI when I was 23.

Because they're decent?

Limp around in a beat up CRX until you have the money saved, dumbass. You're 23.

I'm 22 and could only afford to buy a half-decent FWD shitbox because I live with my parents and don't pay for the internet connection

>that driveway
>that 35 year old rustbox

kill yourself

shop around

go out of state if you need too

hell ive done 10 hour road trips to get decent cars and its worth it.

look around be prepared to wait a while for a good car

Nigga I bought a 99 camry with 150k miles for five grand even. Throw in some standard maintenance, new tires, and it came up to 6k total spent. Also, I'm 21 but because I don't drive like a fucking retard my insurance went from $190 to $130 in six months, and is scheduled to drop again this month for one year of clean driving.

How poor are you? I bought my own car at 19. And no, it wasn't a turdmobile, it was a pretty decent Mazda 3.

most people with fast cars spend 30% or more of their yearly income on their car and then live at home

the few of us driven and deturmined enough to have really really nice cars give up even more

there will always be hardship and suffering no matter how much money you have the problems are just different

>be poor guy in los angeles
>buy old car for $2800
>insurance is $20/mo
>be ok

Kek
Liberal nu male detected. Cry some more on tumblr , bitch

You can buy a manual 4 banger used for like 4k usually. They are not bad cars but they are not fast and no one wants them.

>better quality products cost more than shitty products
>sellers more willing to sell to the people who will pay more for it
thats how economics work

Did you ever think that maybe you're looking at the wrong vehicle or in the wrong areas? Maybe you're being a bit too picky on what you consider 'decent'?

There is a civic with 5-spd, 100k miles and pretty awesome interior for 1500 right down the block from me.

If you can't find something worth your while on craigslist you aren't looking hard enough.

I make over 50k as a factory rat with no college.
U hope your.doing better because if 50k is your high point that's pathetic

Keep looking? I put down 2k down on a 2013 Focus and am paying 340/MO for 3 years

Or just buy an ugly but reliable beater like a Maxima for 2 racks

Do you ever think you're a dumb faggot? I'm 23 too.

I drive a $30,000 pickup and put 3k in savings every month.

Get a better job or work harder or get more jobs or start a side hustle you fucking cuck.

When I was 23 I bought my first new truck. A 2011 nissan titan. It was cheap at 23,400. Wasn't even a work truck, 4wd, power seat and windows keyless entry and it came with a bedliner

My car's cost was about $3,500.
I pitched in one thousand bucks cash and my family helped me out with the rest, I've had the car for 4 years. I've fixed a bunch of shit on it myself at little cost to me thanks to parts money from school benefits and also the senpai helps me out.

It's not that hard op

I paid my 2010 cobalt lt 5500 cad whit pioneer subwoofer and speakers
never put a dollar in except for oil change
fuck off civics in that condition they would twice the price

Is that a soundtrack from fucking Pokemon

Say that to me at the stoplight, Bitch.

are you that guy that talks about having the ford badge from his focus hanging from his rear view or some shit

What you do is find a decent car, price them out, and save up for one that will pop up in the future. There will always be a better deal. Don't stress out about "now, now, now" - that's a sales tactic that people try to force on you.

Pic related, my spyder, waited and bought it at 22. (uni and part time work)

stop trying to reach for something nice. If it's your first car it is going to get killed anyways. just buy something in your price range that has had a recent timing belt service.

>8k life savings
Get your shit together
I've got 10k in savings and 2k in investments and I'm only 20

>clunker gas guzzlers
I bet you traded in a perfectly good car for a smart and feel smug about it

nice Frontera

This
My brother has one and it won't catch while starting even though he's replaced nearly every damn thing that's not the block itself

Pokemon XD, Mirror B battle senpai. Was a good game

Either your standards are too high or you're not looking hard enough.

Seems it was both.

Here's your (You), OP.