/86g/ - 86 General

Talk about your 86. New or old, doesn't matter.

I got overtaken today by a fucking minivan. What the fucks up with that?

Here's your (You)

Going to check out an impreza RS 2.5 tomorrow with 100k miles on it, been wanting to garage this car for a bit.

>been wanting to garage this car for a bit.
Why? It's not a collector car or anything special. Drive it faggot.

what's wrong with wanting a shitbox to beat the piss out of?

Nothing, but why throw $25,000 down the shitter if you're only going to let your 'enthusiast car' sit in the garage?

because at the least i'd like to keep it clean as weekend car, i have a ding here and there from fuckhead coworkers.This car is serves better as a fun weekend car than watching it degrade with reckless faggots everywhere

For the money there's just so much more you could have bought

was considering a low mile'd 350z for like 12k but i wanted something new,rwd,and light that i could enjoy on good roads.

Oh hey thats my local touge right there, not the best road in the world but cant beat it for 5 mins away.

Soooo something like a brz?

That shit is gonna depreciate like a rock, might as well get some value out of it.

Or maybe you should have gotten a real car to begin with.

fairway park here, most convenient backroad desu

I'm not sweating the small damage on mine too much. What I'm worried more about is rust and ingress and contamination between the fenders and getting caught between parts.

You're fucking stupid user. I'm usually not one to critisize purchases, but buying a Toyobaru only to garage it is fucking retarded.

Do you have brain problems?

Stop pretending, the Toyobaru IS a shitbox. You already have a shitbox. Dont fucking waste money on the impreza.

if you are going to do that garage shit why in the name of fuck did you not just buy a miata

>That shit is gonna depreciate like a rock
i have zero plans of selling it regardless if value riseses, i knew what i was buying.
>buying a Toyobaru only to garage it is fucking retarded.
Nothing wrong with leaving it as weekend car
>if you are going to do that garage shit why in the name of fuck did you not just buy a miata
because i don't like roadsters

Your logic is baffling

I love my 86. My boyfriend and I love taking it for a spin down to the local glory hole, it's super!

do you think it would be a "logical" leaving it as my only car with future supercharger plans?

Well you're 0-60 is 7.9 and some minivans can do 60 in 6.5 so there's no real mystery here.

The reason you buy a brz/frs/gt86 is because it looks fast. Handling, there's better for cheaper. Same for speed.

Looks good while it's parked though.

You caring what someone else does with their money and car so much is pretty baffling.

>C5 Z06
>C6 LS3
>E46 M3
>370Z
>FD3S
All examples of what you could have bought for the money you spent on the BRZ

except the manual is 6.2

Just bought one of these. Was deciding between a r32 gtst or 86. Got it for reliability

>future super charger plans
oh no... hes retarded
dont tell me you dont know

And it's quite likely you don't have any of the cars you listed, so how do you know what's better?

>C5 Z06
ugly boomer bomber, would rather buy C4 desu
>C6 LS3
see above
>370Z
would rather buy superior looking 350z for cheap
>FD3S
lol rotary
do some research kiddo, plenty of reliable kits

>picking a older model car over an objectively better new car for muh looks

confirmed retard

C4 zr1 or gtfo faggot

i swear Veeky Forums used to like the 86 what happened?

corvette vs gtr threads got boring

Veeky Forums has hated the 86 ever since it came out

I do

we dont
its not worth the price and its baffling why someone would put it on a high pedestal and garage it
i mean, whats the point in buying it at that point

>whats the point in buying it at that point
driving it on weekends

>muh boat anchor engine
>mah high cog
>mah wedge

not the guy you replied to but the only thing the zr1 got goin' for it is top speed, which is useless.

>its not worth the price
nobody ever says this about civic si's or gti,st's etc

Thats cuz those are practical cars that you can fit people and things in, while still delivering performance close to the toyobarus. The toyobarus have better driving dynamics but that isnt worth as much as being able to fit jimmy and his friend in the back seat.

It's fun, it's rwd, it's manual. There is one other new car (Miata) that does that at the same price point, but to get the package with the LSD you have to pay $28k.

No one really buys a GTI etc for the back seats

How do you guys think all of those good condition 20 year-old Miatas got on the market? People not garaging them when they bought them new because they were slow and inexpensive?

>drops FWD shitposting to shitpost about the 86

>mfw reading all of these angry bus riders' shitposts

Veeky Forums hates everything anyways so drive what ever makes you happy famalam. Life's too short not to hoon in a toyobaru.

>Life's too short not to hoon in a toyobaru.
But apparently not to short to let it sit in a garage

>The toyobarus have better driving dynamics but that isnt worth as much as being able to fit jimmy and his friend in the back seat

nigger do you even like cars?

Do you own one of these?

I'm debating between this and a Stealth R/T Twin Turbo...

Is this /cuck general/?

>tfw my mom's X3 overtook me during a road trip

>tfw your mom thought it was a race

Raced an ND Club on the way to work this morning pissed on it.

>thread literally made for the buyers remorse
kek this cuck

and then an F-150 left both of you in the dust

NDs can make 181ft-lbs and 200hp with just a header and a tune lol

Aww don't like facts do you.

>POWER : 200
lmfao no

And you can increase the lateral grip and launch of the GT86 massively by changing the rubber and still piss of the Miatafags by being consistently faster.

>the GT86 is a heavier, slower, McPherson strut compromise due to being 2+2 "sports car" marketed towards cucks

there is a fact for ya, cuck, and I am quoting motortrend's laptimes

>has to get new wheels and tires to beat a miata that makes almost 100whp to the wheels

>literally has to modify his "sports car" to beat a 100whp roadster

top fucking kek

In what deluded world do you live where 3:18.6 is slower than 3:20.8? Maybe 129 Mph is faster than 144 as well? Oh right your facts are as retardedly wrong as you.

the laptimes your cuck ass is quoting were taken one year apart, the ones I am quoting were achieved in the same day

me>you

stay mad, have fun giving Tyrone, ur wife, and ur wife's son a ride in ur 2+2 cuckbox

The Stock GT86 beats the stock ND Club, had to start modding to try and compete, you can spend less on the 86 to be faster than the ND you are throwing money at to try and get it to the same level as the base 86. I do love laughing at how dumb Miatafags are when it's pointed out how much they spent on a peace of shit that is worse in almost any way to the 86 twins.

>tfw mommy and daddy bought me a base model civic instead of the toyobaru that i wanted
>tfw i will never be like takumi
Will shitposting about how it is an underpowered cuck car make me feel better?

>muh price, muh mawds

an NC with a turbocharger is still cheaper than a toyobaru

cuck'd again

A year apart and driven by a professional racing driver not a retarded journo, the Miata is still too slow. What's it like being a cucked nigger?

Having to go second hand, how fucking poorfag are you?

>cries about "muh mawdz"
>brings up modding another car in order to compete

actually nigger CarnDriver Lightning Lap is made by journalists, not by professional drivers, unlike motortrend's head to head

>the Miata is still too slow.
shame its faster

woops, wrong and cucked again

>this assmad the toyobaru has not being the benchmark for sport compacts for 25 years

lmao

I heard they will be axing the toyobaru soon due to poor sales, let's all hope they do

>mcpherson at the front
>4cyl boxer
>2+2
>""""""""""sports car""""""""""

lel

whats the problem? mad you got cucked when you tried to grasp at the "muh mawds" straw first

shouldn't have mentioned it then

the ND miata is faster stock and in the modified scenario an NC miata is superio to a second hand toyobaru

3 strikes out of 3, stay cucked

Here. How is a fag car faster?
Right next youll claim your not gay and that pic doesnt count because you cant take facts.
I wish i could help you with your buyers remorse cuck

Posting more proof that gayiata is slow and fag car