wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_3

>Vlad von Carstein Free-LC
youtube.com/watch?v=zrYhG1aWhc4

>The Grim and the Grave
youtube.com/watch?v=1yI1LVCGNpc
store.steampowered.com/app/404013/

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Olde thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vWTX2NX8_MA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is now September. With the end of the summer months, The sallow season begins. Ros-fothar in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of waning. The Consort-King Orion weakens and rages against his fate, destined to be immolated on the pyre in the coming months. The forest undergoes a change of color from the vibrant hues of summer to more subdued and mottled shades of Autumn.

But if it is a time of waning, so too is it a time of harvest. The bounty of the forest hangs ripely, to be plucked effortlesly by the merry wanderers of its vales and meadows. How fitting, then, that in this, the first month of the season of harvest, the Wood Elves will make a bounteous gift of themselves, the latest and greatest of the factions to be released in Total War: Warhammer.

Wood Elves soon.

>yfw

How do I beat multiplayer VC as Dwarfs? Gyro cheese?

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

>someone finally fixed the embed memery
Thank fuck

There must be more to life

7th for hussars

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

G O B L I N S

Dwarfs really need some buffs.

I wonder if we can get hussars as a regiment of renown at the very least

You can't spell Dawi without Zharr.

Dwarfs are shit. They need buffs and a spear or halberd unit.

They just aren't cost effective enough and they don't have counters to the shit every other army can field.

don't they just need mass? Then they can stop cav from rekking them

Dwarves just arent dwarfy in combat. I can charge a unit of thunderers with a wolf rider and the thunderers go fucking flying, it is ridiculous. They need a stubbornness buff aka more mass.

OGRES
G
R
E
S

So, where did this "Wood Elves are neets that have shota servants" meme came from?

Because I really like it

youtube.com/watch?v=vWTX2NX8_MA
>tfw playing kislev

>CA nerf every single faction out there
>but VC
>VC gets buffs
>Gets new troops
>VC gets a new fucking start pos
>Gets vlad, a lord that shouldn't even be fucking alive unless it meant that nagash is also around.

I am sick of this undead love

N I N E T E E N D A Y S

>implying nagash event won't be part of the finale expac set after archaon falls or wins

They got the only sexy woman in game until wood elves.

Just add mass. Spears are heresy for stunties.

>wood elves still not announced

Right from the Wood Elves Armybook.

>Those that enter through one of these strange gateways find themselves in a grand, beautiful cavern deep below the tree or hill. Roots can be seen far above, curving down from the roof of the hall to form elegant, interweaving pillars. Here, the Wood Elves make their homes, fine structures of ethereal beauty. Elegant lanterns adorn the hall filled with tiny, flitting, glowing figures. Here the Wood Elves feast and celebrate the natural cycles of the forest, holding grand banquets of woodland game and free-flowing, intoxicating Elven wines. The halls are alive with wild dancing, lilting laughter, and melodic music. Boy children taken from the lands around the forest, destined never to grow old, joyfully serve their graceful Elven masters.

Halberds are axes on a long stick.

Imagine playing against VC in a head to head campaign as well.

luminark >>>>>> new vamp units

One hit kills on corpse carts and lord sniping all fucking day. It's almost unfair.

It's a combination of actual lore and anime-vision™

Wood elves are stated to rarely leave their forest abodes.

Canon is that they kidnap all magic-attuned children in Brettonia. The girls reappear as damsels. The boys..... I don't think it's actually stated.

kek
So basically they are hedonists that have an entire population of shotas?

Jesus I bet there is a lot of gay and shota orgies in those woods.

Its practically greece all over again

Truly, a place that should be burned down.

This. Cleanse elven degenerate filth.

i fucking love you

I'll be the one to say it:

>lore
Vlad > Mannfred

>gameplay
Mannfred > Vlad

Vlad's siege attribute is literally meaningless.

Vanguard is nice but not as good as Mannfred's expanded magic and and dragon mount.

I feel like it would work better if you could upgrade it, like decreased holdout time, more siege tools, some army wide buff for attempting an instant siege; shit like that

>tfw your marry band of merry adventures run into the BBEG to early

Would anyone be down for a game of 1212ad in say...an hour ?

I'll host the match and all.

I'll probably call it /twg/1212ad

So og

His siege thing is army-wide. You can literally send zombies to break down gates. This sounds neat until you realize that Mannfred starts with one of those giant siege bat things which os 10 times better at it.

Negating this entire advantage.

Oh huh, I thought it was just the one turn siege attempt instead of having to wait a turn for equipment before you get actual siege units.

>new start pos
?

Any unit can attack gates, vlad has nothing to do with that.swordsmen can actually take out the gates before the ram even gets there, it is pretty silly.

That is exactly what it is.

I just wanted to be comfy in the south dammit

Bloody good shot mate!

Damn, did the greens declare war on you immediately? I wanted to do the same thing with the counts, let the empire simmer while I take all the southern realms.

I just started a new campaign as greenskins and can't recruit Savage Orcs. Why this fucking company keeps cutting off important stuff from the game?

Guess I'll have to pay for a fucking DLC to get Savage Orcs. What a fucking shit game sold by pieces. FUCK.

I wonder what unit sizes Wood Elves will be looking at?

Assuming the Dwarfs are the standard for elite costly races, we'll have things like 75 for a standard unit or 60 elves in a Wardancer unit.

75 is a very small number for a spear unit though, so I wonder if Eternal Guard will be alright. Especially since I can't imagine elves having that much mass.

Treekin will definitely be nine to a group, but how many would a Dryad get?

A really fragile race with a low model count sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh, I thought that was a Vlad thing. But then what good is he?

I felt his ring could have really saved him and made him worth picking over Mannfred, but it just doesn't do enough to be any actual use.

It's not a battle-turning relic in any sense.

I had a little time, I swept that first chunk of land in 2 turns after the orcs had very kindly razed both settlements, as I was about to finish off BP they declared war. Granted i'm on vh and bribed the dwarfs to fuckoff just before I snatched akendorf

@154430808
Good bait

You they user that wanted just Ghorst, Kemmler, and a Strigoi king right?

Where you going to burn down slyvannia or keep it?

The most elite army in Warhammer is High Elven.

So they can't shoot themselves in the foot when they introduce high elves, it will likely be 75 aswell for wood elves so they can do a specially small unit for the high elves later on

What does a dryad do? Calvary or Archer thing?
I don't know warhammer

No that wasn't me you cuck. My plan is to take sylvania for a bread basket, then bribe the neighboring factions while corruption them like a good plotting vampire while I go south.

Melee monsters.

Dryads are fairly tough infantry while not being monstrous infantry. They are a Wood Elf troop choice that can actually take hits and not die immediately.

They are somewhat equivalent to Ghouls or Orc Big 'Uns in terms of strength and statline.

Okay fuck me guys this Empire legendary Campaign has been so much fun. I've played Dwarfs, Chaos and Vamps but Empire is without a doubt my favorite faction.
That pike and shot gameplay coupled with OP arty and fucking Zweihanders, wizards, special OP agents and arty is so much fun.

Hellstorm rockets are without a doubt my favorite unit in the game

Dumb question, but can spear units in Total Warhammer attack in multiple ranks? Is a square formation viable?

What a beautiful day to die

Hellstorms are the shit

>spear units in Total Warhammer attack in multiple ranks?
No that I know.

>Is a square formation viable?
There's a mod that brings battle formations from Attila and R2 into TWW.

>Hellstorm rockets are without a doubt my favorite unit in the game
post yfw using the sunmaker for the first time

If they don't fight in ranks though, a square formation doesn't seem like it has a point.

if this isnt bait
go claim the southern badlands
there is a unique building chain

it can't be flanked.
higher defense.

Care to link it? I'm having trouble finding it on the workshop

Fucking Orcs

Stay jealous, beastshitters.

My nigga.

Pike and Shot for the rest of time. The Empire holding the line against the tide of evil

Kek did you save that from the last thread?

>goblins

>local goblin gets bullied
>abandons entire army instead of getting help

They hid about half a dozen fleeing units in the same woods I used to sneak behind them and attacked just as I had to pivot my line to deal with the second army.
Crafty little bastards I'll give'm that

Not even close

whats the best overhaul mod for Attila? The AI never settles razed areas.

Radious of course.

>bike und scheiss

wow... i'm getting... excited... just.... th-zzzzZZzzzZZZZZZZZZZZ

What total war would allow me to play with hussars? Empire?

Why can't I seem to git gud at dwarfs? Greenfags fall easily enough until they bring out the Doom Divers, but Vampire Cunts are a tough match.

One of those giant bats or Blood Knights completely delete anything I can field.

Vargheists are super squishy. If you focus fire some quarrelers on them they will melt. If you mean Therrorgheists, those are pretty tanky, but aren't really cost-effective agains dorfs since they're anti-large, ignoring them may be an option.

BKs are really strong, try to kill them with cannons before they can touch you.

Dwarfs are probably one of the weakest armies at the moment.

Cavalry throws them around, their infantry gets squished by most comparable units, their best units are too expensive to be cost effective, they have zero cavalry or counters to cavalry, no magic, gyrocopters are ridiculously weak (seriously they get chewed up by bats), and their flame units are absolutely useless.

For a faction that's supposed to turtle their defensive capabilities are absolute shit and their offensive capabilities are just too expensive to make an army of.

They need a serious overhaul. Unless you're up against a retard, you're going to lose to Vamps and Empire 9 out of 10 times.

>Dwarfs
>Weak

Pick one

Medieval 2, stainless steel 6.4, start in the late period as Poland, and go into the notebook editor and bring down the gunpowder age availability. The only issue is that it can be a rather big pain to install due to it being broken up into torrents.

Although to be honest the most fun game mode with that mod is starting in 1100 A.D. playing as the Khwarizmi Dynasty on the far east part of the map, because approximately 100 turns later, an extremely powerful Mongolian horde comes in to humble you, followed very shortly thereafter a almost as big Timurid invasion with Elephant cannons, rockets, and Kataphract Horse archers that are somehow just as fast as your light cavalry.

>Conquer most of the middle east until you get stopped by endless waves of Mamluk's pushing up from the south in Syria and from the North by the rather powerful Byzantine army.
>Boom economy
>Start building these huge armies
>Think you're prepared...
>Mongols invade
>Your fully stacked citadels are a mere speedbump to them

Its a fun experience.

The fact that you are shit while playing with Dwarves, doesn't mean they are weak.

git gud and l2p.

Not an argument

Either contradict my points or ad hom your ass out of the conversation.

Dwarfs as it stands need a buff. Their units when compared to other armies, especially VC and Empire, lack versatility and stability.

If you're playing as dwarfs and you're not getting your ass kicked by those factions, you need to take off the training wheels.

>Average dwarf infantry loses to comparable infantry
>No cavalry or counter to cavalry, which every other faction has
>Ranged units can be destroyed by said cavalry as the dwarfs don't have enough mass to withstand a charge
>The only fast units are Gyrocopters which are weak enough to be removed by basic ranged or flying units
>Dwarf artillery can easily be disrupted by cavalry, flying units, magic/spawns

Again, if you're facing an actually competent opponent, dwarfs are going to struggle.

You're a faggot. Mannfred's a pussy, a badass orc or some demigryphs slap his shit around. A high level Vlad gives no fucks, dies to nothing, kills any lord in the game besides Grimgor, and is Sonic fast on foot. Mannfred's death magic can be replicated by giving Vlad a waifu, who is both lore friendly and a good secondary leadership aura/caster. That said, the vamps in general are far more fun than the necromancer lords, legendary or not.

>ancient empires still not released

Just kill me already I don't think I can wait any longer

Would you take the ride?

I cant stop the fucking varg and skaeling cunts on my empire hard campaign what the fuck is a good empire late game army comp?

(X) Delete all skirmisher cav
(X) Delete all doggos

(X) delete all noobs

The ride never ends

>laughing_norscans.jpg

I need a laughing whores edit with Surtha and Felman.

(X) Delete all fags that don't use the fixed AI recruitment mod

U N G O R S

the hugbox may work (warning: free tears)

1xLord (hidden with the ironbreakers in a forest)
3xIronbreakers (hide them in a forest)
restxGyrocopters (Brimstone Guns)

You either drop multiplayer or play long enough to become a faggot

>a lord that shouldn't even be fucking alive unless it meant that nagash is also around.
Nagash will most likely be in the game

pff, who cares, Nagash is weak!

If Kislev ever gets added...
Or when actual mod support is released

I'm no longer sure on which one is the most likely to happen