/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 10th:
1561 – Fourth Battle of Kawanakajima: Takeda Shingen defeats Uesugi Kenshin in the climax of their ongoing conflicts.
1919 – Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain-en-Laye recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
1939 – World War II: The submarine HMS Oxley is mistakenly sunk by the submarine HMS Triton near Norway and becomes the Royal Navy's first loss.
>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9eZlklPgL8
youtube.com/watch?v=yTnR391Ls2E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messinian_salinity_crisis#Relationship_to_climate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based Erdogan

UBERGROSSGERMANIAIMPERIALISIMUS

V2 is unbalanced and shit. Play EU4+Rights of Men when it releases.

please help /gsg/

It say I (Bohemia) don't have the coring distance to core Rostock, yet I have more than 600 coring distance. Can someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Vic2 HPM + minimods

Country n goals por favor

uninstall.exe

uninstall.exe

>321 KB

uninstall.exe

The minimods are outdated
Bukhara, form Turkestan

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

>that pic
Top kek
Albania, claim the Congo and form Yugoslavia.

dumb frogposter

dumb frogposter

Albania, become gross by taking all of illyria

dumb frogposter

>not flooding lake chad and reclaiming the Mediterranean
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

someone post that pic of that guy holding up a piece of paper that says "yes"

Alright, a genocide heavy Islamic Gommunist Albania sounds memey. Thanks.

Never played any of the stans, added to the list.

Would this have actually worked?

Yes

t. expert in draining the Med

Memri TV is redpilled as fuck.
Is this caption legit? Link?

Ah yes, the Emirate of Aland.

I'm LOVING that splotch in the middle of Africa you clearly forgot about

There isn't a specific in game option for that in game like in EU?

r8 my borders

no

I swear they made it so Sweden turns muslim more than anywhere else.

Most of what they show is fake
These are legit though

youtube.com/watch?v=S9eZlklPgL8

youtube.com/watch?v=yTnR391Ls2E

needs to be grosser

I think he's referring to damming at gibraltar and irrigating Africa, not draining the mediterranean.

Which wouldn't work. Well, you could drain/dry it, but the land wouldn't be "reclaimable".
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messinian_salinity_crisis#Relationship_to_climate

8/10
I'd either blob a little more or less in Caucasia.
Seems arbitrary where you stopped in Persia.
That random province in Greece is gross(and not the good gross)

Fucking hell. Does changeowner also change the state's name and type (colonial) or do I have to edit saves for that?

Since when could salt water be used for irrigation?

I got most of Persia, not really interested in going further.
That random province in Greece is the work of my merchant republic vassal. Muslim realms are in internal and external wars all the time thanks to their free CBs.

That's Austrian Katangaland.

what do you mean states name?
transferring between civilized nations, its colonial status will remain the same as it was
from unciv to civ it will become a colony

Since when was salt inseperable from water?

The way the program was made was that the water would be made to reach africa using artificial rivers

Them african titties

I want to take Alexandria from Russia and hand it back to Egypt but if I do it via save editing the state will have "Russian Alexandria" as name.

>not the arse

Reminder

nah itll just be alexandria as long as you give back the whole thing

It was a relatively cool day in İznik, Suleyman thought. Winter was fast approaching, and even the warm Mediterranean climate of the Anatolian coast was not spared from its icy influence. After nearly a year of campaigning, it was quite satisfying to simply relax in relative peace; relative in that, while he was spared from the stresses of camp life, the burdens of general rulership were still everpresent. Luckily, he had a competent council that could deal with most trivial affairs. Atabeg Ghazi, the court Marshal, had done well to subdue the infidel populace of Anatolia after he was issued Suleyman's royal decree to imprison and execute any dissidents. Indeed, Suleyman thought amusingly, Atabeg's "boldness" against the peasantry was most likely motivated more by self preservation and fear of the Sultan than by religious zeal. The Sultan chuckled to himself. Oh how good it was to be Sultan, he thought, reclining back in his fine sofa.

The peace was interrupted by a loud rapping on the door before a courtier entered the room. No, not a courtier, the court Chancellor, a lowborn by the name of Baytas.

"Seven hells, I gave specific orders that I was not to be disturbed!"

The lowborn, known for his cowardliness, cringed, recoiling back at the verbal attack. If it weren't for his diligence and loyalty to the realm, the young courtier would likely be in the dungeons as one of Suleyman's "playthings," rather than on the royal council.

"M-my Sultan... Apo-pologies... There is i-important news..."

The Sultan glared.

"What news is so important that you would interrupt my solitude? I should have you executed, lowborn..."

"Your M-majesty... please... Y-your h-half-brother insisted t-that I deliver this news a-as soon as possible... m-my Sultan..."

Suleyman sighed, letting his rage subdue, at least momentarily.

"Very well... What is it?

I'm back, I'll try to write in a more narrative style like AARnon suggested. Updates may take longer, though.

Hey guys, like two years ago when I was working on Companymod I asked an user in the thread here who had been making some cool pictures if he could whip up a loading screen for the mod for me. Apparently today he remembered to do it, and contacted someone to contact me to give it to me. I figured I'd show you'll since it's pretty sick.

If you're here, thanks bro.

I'm on there twice.

Do you have a source? muh wikipedia page doesn't mention anything about salt water from the mediterranean being used for irrigation.

What's Companymod?

That looks shit.

The nazi program m8...

>creating artificial rivers
Literally how?

>Companymod

pls update

I assume you mean this one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantropa

What I'm asking is, do you have any sources which include salt water rivers being used for irrigation?

Small, silly little mod that people seemed to like, gives you a choice of 3 fantasy corporate nations to play.

I don't really play vicky anymore, and if I were to get back into modding I'd be updating one of my bigger ones.

I guess I was wrong then
I assumed they were going to simply dig around africa making rivers then digging all the way to the med ro let the water in

This guy really has a high learning stat.

Why do eu4 kiddies keep spamming the liquor meme?

>Gregarious
>S-s-stuttering every o-other word

The most interesting concept that someone from this general ever came up with, you fucking redditor scum

But isn't Albania a Muslim majority country?

>The game treats me as if I was an astronomers in catholic lands
Goddamn Paradox.

The plan was to reduce the water level in the med by hundreds of meters. Water doesn't flow from the med into inland africa as it is, it would probably be really tricky to get it to flow there from 200m lower.

Desalinating from the mediterranean also doesn't make sense, as a constant inflow of salt water at the Gibraltar Dam and a constant outflow of fresh water from evap and desalination would eventually turn the the sea into a hypersalinated, dead body of water.

Well, my computer crashed as I was writing. I lost a little bit of playtime, as well all the progress to the next post. Honestly, I've sorta lost all motivation to continue this, especially since I didn't intend on doing a long AAR anyways. Sorry my writing is shitty and not as good as AARnon. Hopefully another AAR writer comes along soon to keep you guys happy.

Uploading your unfinished stuff so I can update it when

>it's impossible to to be knowledgeable in many subjects, interesting and friendly whilst having a stutter
f-fuck you

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>Sorry my writing is shitty and not as good as AARnon.
so you should be you little shit

The self-deprecation meme isn't endearing, laddo, the AAR is fantastic.

REMINDER TO REPORT AND IGNORE SHIT¨POSTERS

If its just a little mod, couldn't you update it? The concept sounds really fun. What 3 corporations could you play as anyways? What kind of features made them stand out from regular countries?

>he is worse than a Jew, he is an Albanian
my sides went out of orbit

reminds me of pic related

You're doing pretty good lad, we're not expecting fucking Tolstoy, I was looking forward to that next post

I never found this meme funny. It was always reddit tier.

memri is just a translator. whoever said that was from another show

Same desu
You should kys

1. Non-GP country
2. RGO to monopolize.

I was thinking Bulgaria and tobacco. Maybe Brazil and Coffee?

what sect of judaism does al-grandi follow?

best vic2 hpm army composition?

Ethiopia and Opium. Le rasta meme.

all dragoons

Just replace your usual composition from infantry with guards.

10 dragoons

>judaism
>al
t. burger

>being this new
4 infantry, 4 artillery, 1 engineer, 1 hussar.

Final version. R8 it. Any objections?

kio estas la opinio pri la lingvo internacia de /gsg/

Love it

its fuckngi epic

sorry forgot to post it

Great!

No one cares you circlejerk sperg

I'm 100% pro HPM and 100% shitposter.
t. big benis

Fuck off you dumb gay cunt. I care

Funny how the pro HPMs are mainly seriousposters and the anti HPMs are shitposters.

>Victoria
Literally destroyed our old archive and is the leader of the discord group, should be in the bottom right along with Kojak.

>Liangmod
A fucking shitposter.

You're almost there.

Fuck off back to your discord

My what?