overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Competitive /owg/ Discord
discord.gg/RV5YyjX

>The 33 Percent Club
amomentincrime.com/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet and Oversheet (Outdated)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DXPfisMr4PO93itW9rDez5BK9PlK3iwbPBHALyLmKco/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2uYs0gJD-LE
youtube.com/watch?v=EfK-WX2pa8c
youtube.com/watch?v=I-a9SYlJkKs
discord.gg/g7whP
etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-21115/page-1/#post-379279
youtube.com/watch?v=3C0rqf2iws0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>go anyone but Zenyatta or Zarya
>lose
Why do I need to babysit my teammates every damn time

Jamison Fawkes!

Is seagull the same seagull that played competitive tf2?

Yes

Post character themes

youtu.be/2uYs0gJD-LE

FUCK forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=EfK-WX2pa8c

youtube.com/watch?v=I-a9SYlJkKs

Wayyy too early. Is making threads your trophy? Do you feel good and a sense of accomplishment when you make a new owg general? this one will be deleted and a new one will take it over.

Also put the real discord, discord.gg/g7whP

this one is too old,
OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW!

>

consolefag here

downloaded the game friday

it's not fun

You're right

This thread was made a bare minute before the one that was eventually used.

>500 point drop
>knocking at sub 2000's

how should I feel about this?

like 20 players in "top" teams played tf2

>Looking for fun
>In Fetish Fighters Ultimate

remember taimou posts on /pol/ and got banned on tf2 sites for racism n glorifying terrorism n shieet

hes our guy

etf2l.org/forum/off-topic/topic-21115/page-1/#post-379279

>our guy is a hacker

No

new thread already? wtf

This one was already up when the guy who made the other thread made it. He didn't bother checking the catalog.

The catalog was checked, this is a failed thread and its too old. Thats what you get for posting a owg thread 400 posts before! Toodaloo ;)

There's really no climbing up past a certain point. I started at 2750 with 70s from last season. Had a few leavers and bratty 70s who refused to teamwork for some reason and dropped.

I really didn't mind idling around 2600s because I was getting fair games with people like me and if I lost it was purely to being outplayed.

Then I had like 3 days straight of full on losing streaks that were just insult to injury with a leaver, d/c by my shitty isp, or a crash loading into a game that immediately made me a leaver myself (I even got suspended due to crashing twice haha).

Now I'm hovering aroudn 2300. Played 3 games today to see what would happen. Straight up playing with golds now who don't understand composition. Shamelessly 3-4 dps a game. Shamelessly stuck at chokes on attack/defend (had a d.va in one who insisted she was useless unless she got her ult, took 4 minutes to get it, flanked around to ult one person, then died).

Oh and the games I have been winning I'll more often than not get a leaver on the other team so I get 10-15 points for a win after my -30 points per lose from streaks.

I've noticed a trend where every so often I'd just about reach platinum again (2480s-90s) and the losing streak will start on that deciding game. I feel like the games getting up to that point are filled with people dropping like a rock from where they shouldn't be, or people just getting placed.

As of this week I've noticed people in my rating (~2300) are almost exclusively 40s from last season. Every loss is due to a clear lack of strategy or concept of roles. And every win is due to pure luck running strats like offensive bastion or quad tanks, and fuck you if you suggest it's not normal.

I might just wait a couple weeks before playing again to be honest so hopefully I get some 50s falling down the shitty ladder to average out at my level.

Did Blizzard sit down in a room and say "How can we possibly make an even worse map than Hanamura" when they made Eichenwalde?

I seriously cannot understand them, it's actually WORSE than Hanamura.

fuck off already you cuck
stop trying to start thread wars

I agree on instant picks over alternatives. Maybe Blizzard could make the other heroes more interesting and balance what attracts players to them so players are encouraged to explore their options. What do you guys think could be done? I know I changed this after posting it in the old thread.

I have a friend that'stuck in 1330
what do I even do

>out in the open
>hear "I've got you in my sights" from behind

this must be the worst loot box i've ever opened

What don't you like about it? I think its great to see a map with a few real choke points in it. My only real problem is that the hike from the attacker's spawn after the castle is breached feels a little long.

How bad do you need mics for this game? I don't like to talk very often because I sound like a 12 year old.

Not much, unless you deliberately bomb your rank to join him.

Mandatory if you like winning.

You can get by decently by using the voice commands but flankers will destroy you.

I'm not doing placements until D.va is less total dogshit but as long as I place above 2500 I have a completely legitimate excuse not to ranked with him
Quick play is fine tho

Someone had to put you down Junko

But D.Va is in a great position right now. The nerf to her APM bot was a slap on the wrist.

>Plays Symmetra
>Doesn't use the ult status line whenever his teleporter is low

I just bought OW

I used to play a lot of csgo until a few months ago but summer classes got in the way (lem and pugged on cevo a lot)

What classes will translate the best in terms of hitscan weapons and traditional fps style gameplay while still being useful for my team?

Im rank 10/and ive just been playing soldier 76 no matter what but I figure at some point I need to diversify , I just don't know what classes to practice or what the tiers are

Can someone answer why I bother playing this game anymore. I have had absolutely zero fun playing it for the last 2 weeks. I'm just so fucking tired.

at what point should I consider sudoku?

76 and mcree come to mind

The only reason people think D.Va is weak is because Zarya is a fucking mandatory pick and is so strong. If Zarya wasn't there D.Va would be a monster, fuck her and her stupid fucking Defense Matrix.

"huur i press button and nullify everything and have a million armor and two lives"

Fuck D.Va and fuck D.Va players, I'm glad Zarya makes this cunt worthless.

Weekends are the worst because the kids aren't at school consider playing qp during weekends and comp at weekdays.

Soldier and McCree to gets ome usage out of your hitscan.
You kinda need to know how to play Reaper to stop tank rampages.

Ana and Zenyatta are great, but if you cba playing healers, at least get a feel for Lucio so you can play him on dry times.

Learn how to Zarya and you can carry games on the tank department, but if you don't want to put a lot of time, Reindy is a lot of times all you need.

how can you even compete?

>D.Va is in a great position now
She's literally last pick tank slot, she's totally dependent on the other tank.

Play some McCree, it'll be fun since it's so new and fresh.

>She's literally last pick tank slot, she's totally dependent on the other tank.
I play dva 100% of the time and I find that statement to be false

>Soldier:76 posts angrily over Korean "girl gamer"

How do we fix Soldier 76?

I think making his "love tap" having only 5 seconds of cooldown or at least halfing it completely during Ult would be a great help.

>Symmetras that only give teammates shields at the beginning of the game

HOW DO YOU FORGET SKILLS

Fuck, it wouldn't be so bad if people didn't constantly think I was a girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=3C0rqf2iws0

nerf McCree so we're not trying to buff him to an unreasonable standard

Overwatch has undeniably the worst community in the history of video games

Are there any fics of the characers in the locker room after a match?
I need this for cuteness reasons

When you began to think that your skill alone determines your "skill" rating. This system is so fucked (as it is) anyways that I you're better off not giving a shit about that, the game's much more fun when you don't tryhard.

Literally NOTHING will ever top League's community in terms of unfiltered cancer

warning: there's a guy who only plays ana circling the aus/nz diamond drain

have fun if you queue into him

>no Sombra(33.5464% )
>Halloween event might be as fucked as Summer Event
>no new brawl as good as mystery brawl
When does it get better?

Shēng dòng, motherfucker!

>mfw been on winning streak for the past 3 days

Is Blizzard matchmaking just lubing my ass up for an unforgivable loss streak?

whats wrong with ana

Why are there two of these threads, you fucking dipshits.

Yeah god forbid people play characters who require someone to aim instead of some bitch who just has to hold down a single button and completely makes 99% of the cast worthless.

I am eternally grateful to the person who taught me to launch D.va's ult out of sight

Fucking same.

>play 6 games in a row
>to completion
>Leave one because haha meme teams
>YOU ARE NOW PENALIZED
Penalize them, you fucking faggots

Why is this game so fucking imbalanced is a good question. Wins and losses are decided by the presence of a single fucking character. Amazing job Blizzard.

I forgot to mention this in my post but I actually agree because I've noticed clear trends, just haven't pinpointed them.

If I have afternoon courses at school and play in the morning I'll get more toxic, more disorganized players. I've actually noticed the other day that I literally started winning more games and losing fairly literally after 5pm.

And I've only played in the past hour this weekend and fell straight down 50 points.

pic related, I'm there with you. I have at least come to solace in the fact that since I'll never get back to what I consider a fair skill level, there's less pressure in losing.

>might be
they already confirmed the seasonal events are all going to be bullshit cash grabs

>b-but they need it to keep improving the game
they've done nothing but make the game worse since release. building the entire game around three or four heroes at a time and sprinkling in annoying as shit heroes which are easy to play just to appease new players. it's all a big lame gimmick, which they're just trying to drag out as long as possible. so to answer your question, probably never.

>"It's a good day for some Mei ham!"
what did he mean by this

I don't know how Soldier 76 players stomach this game, I really don't.

>break the rules
>get punished
>WOOOOOOOOOOW I DINDU NUFFIN

Why did it drop so fast?
Thrusters is 5s isn't it?

Show me the rulebook

>Leave one
>YOU ARE NOW PENALIZED
I don't believe that. It doesn't penalize you after one leave.

It just happened, don't know what to tell you. I also got AFKkicked earlier, and that was only 5-10 seconds after moving

>"competitive" overwatch

It does now, between 3-2 matches with a 75% xp nerf.

I don't think you can leave while you're still picking characters now either without a penalty.

I don't get it.

>beat 3.9k mmr duo vs our 6 man solo q
>he only loses 20 mmr points

haha a bug is indicative of results haha

they probably just don't know since the shields recharge. She only has to give them again when they come back after dying, so if you're holding well enough for her to get her tele she probably wouldn't have noticed who died.

like others have said, McCree/76. McCree is supposed to be one of the strongest heroes in the game if you have great hitscan since his headshots will one shot a good number of people. 76 is alright but there are better heroes afaik.

Rein is my go-to counter for her. Can't stop the hammer. She's good at taking down his shield but to be more effective she needs to get within range of him.

not really related but I had a flamer widow main leave after we luck-won a game (on top of my breaking my back to get dps as a zen somehow). Problem was the retard left on the "victory" screen, not after the "final score" victory screen so he got an abandon. I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Which one /owg/?

Acceptable heroes to main in the current meta

Zen
Lucio
Zarya

that is all

Get what?

how is lucio beginner friendly? his skill seems to require lots of thinking and fast fingers

I'd fuck that jackal suit

>Launch D.Vas ult out of sight
that's not really something you're taught, so I don't get it

Take the suit and fly away

McCree

>D. Va players that play like offense rather than tank

It's not the nerf to her APM bot (though I do believe she's a LITTLE underpowered) it's the meta around her
Mei isn't actually a good pick but people will pick her because she preys on lack of coordination and she was buffed. Coincidentally, she happens to hard counter D.va. Zarya IS a good pick, and probably overpowered, and also hard counters D.va. And the other tanks are just generally better choices than D.va.

he is, and it doesn't. He has so much impact with so little skill, but at the same time, a lot of skill with him goes a long way. He's probably the best character in the game.

Exactly

McCree isn't a 100% pick like those three are.

Floor vs Ceiling