So today I spent some time thinking about cars and efficiency, right...

So today I spent some time thinking about cars and efficiency, right? Cars burn gasoline (or diesel) to go forward - the more gas they burn the faster forward they go depending on the engine, and they turn the gasoline into carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and whatever else comes out of the tailpipe. The more gas the car has the farther it can go depending on the efficiency of the engine, with larger engines generally getting less mileage per gallon.

I was thinking about it, and what if there was a way to 'unburn' gasoline by running the engine in reverse? So the engine sucks up all the carbon dioxide and nitrogen dioxide through the exhaust manifold in the engine, then the pistons compress it back into gasoline? If you reverse the process, the car will just end up going backwards, sure, but if you got really good at reversing, you could in theory just drive places in reverse, suck up CO2 out of the air, and make gasoline and deposit it into the gas tank (for selling later, maybe). It makes environmentalists happy by reducing the car's carbon footprint and it makes a ton of money for the driver depending on how far they can drive backwards to unburn gasoline. Any thoughts? engine, and they turn the gasoline into carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxide, and whatever else comes out of the tailpipe

I think your car already does this when you drive in Reverse.

>9 posts
>7 posters

nice one, OP, very funny internet meme

What the fuck have I just read.

feeding exhaust back into the combustion chamber is a trick to lower the temperature as byproducts are inert.

Gassification of fuels is a thing. A lot of mechanical design is done to transition liquid fuel into combustible vapor inside the cylinder. Instead of waiting to do this in the chamber, premixing air and fuel turns out efficiencies that inventors have been murdered over.

Diesel is not burned it is combusted through pressure of compression ratios higher than gasoline engines.

Shove shit up your ass and sell food by running backwards

>position of elbow gives impression of bigger tiddys
noice

God dammit OP, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time

Next time don't spend time thinking while your huffing glue

op how do you remember to breathe in the morning

EGR
GR
R

Just stop.

I enjoy these kinds of posts

it needs to stop