/edg/+/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous #47

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/286967-IMPORTANT-OFFICIAL-SHIP-TRANSFER-POLL
remember to vote

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Gamescom info:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

If it doesn't have a general, post it here; just don't get upset about sharing. If it DOES have a general, please go. We don't need your baggage.
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iTBvpd3_Vqk#t=278
youtube.com/watch?v=BCQXXNCawF4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get on my level.

First for Ursas!

Xth for Polaris hype

sexy

I hope we get more rovers with different sizes

My dream sicne I was 9 years old has been to fly to a planet with my big ass ship, put a rover into a shuttle, fly down with it and land on a spaceport, get supplies with the rover from a nearby city and then get back to the ship

Don't let your dreams be kickstarter projects

>2019
>massive org war is rage across human space
>Polaris Corvettes killing thousands of fighters a week
>Remember a time when only one person on /scg/ was hyped for them
>Curse White_Shrugging.gif as I prepare my gladiator for a kamikaze run

Someone add fucking No Man's Sky to the pastebin. It hasn't had a general in 5 days.

On the condition we can refer to it as No Man's Buy.

What's there to fucking talk about? You can play on the first planet forever without ever leaving and never miss a thing.

Is the rover the Carrack gets also an Ursa? Or something different?

May the odds equally be in our favour as we do battle

You still have some more time in exile, Mr Bonaparte.

Do people still drive cars in the future? I kinda want futuristic cars.

I'd love to land on a planet and roll out in a futuristic sports car in front of all the jelly pc's and drive around the city.

Ursa I believe, I am hoping they add more rovers as time goes on.

May the best man win!

wow
HazRes is anything but Hazardous.
I thought they buffed the AI?

Does anyone else get turned on by the southern accent flight controller? I want to bury my face in her Kentucky titties.

>girls with southern accents

Growing up in the south around trashy white girls with hick accents have forever turned me off of this.

Best ship.

>Do people still drive cars in the future
Ofcourse. Greycat with monster v2 engine :^)

>Best

Inv4 penguin postet

>best ship

>create player colony
>becomes a good sized town with a spaceport made of landing pads, a market district where people sell out of their ships and shops, prefab neighborhoods made out of habs and player controlled government
>ride around town in ursas, greycats and dragonflys

We need more ground vehicles.

Wrong pic again. My bad.

Alright gents, lets have it, what needs to happen to this ship to 'fix it' so it can fit in with the rest of the ships.

Remove from game is the only way.

Give it an anchor

*Nomad's Guy

And put
>(don't even pirate this tripe)
immediately after the title.

Redo cockpit, engines, those round shield generators, the tail fin part.

Chop off the dolphin tail and tone down the blue LED case lights.

Make it look more like this.

Removal of hair straightener engines that both don't look good, don't work in VTOL (what the fuck) and don't fit with the Aegis lineup.

Removal of all the stupid LED lighting strips.

Some work on the overall shape to bring it more in like with other Aegis craft.

It can't be done; it's irredeemable.

>>
When you add it.

Perhaps replace the hair straighteners with wings from the other ships like the Vanguard or tali?

change it into a Drake Brutus

All I want is an useful Gutamaya ship.

I wish I could get my hands on you after school Carlos. Drag you into my white van and no one would ever see you again.

Playing the imperials are we, dad.

I honestly wanted to reply to your post and list the things that I hate about this ship, and when I clicked on the picture, I liked it. I don't know why, it just looks really cool. It looks like a police SWAT / support gunship to me.

But it doesn't fit Aegis aesthetic.

This color scheme and the flatter/duller surfaces match much more.

100 million per Sothis trip in a cutter. Useful to me.

>increase overall size
>Make deploy-bay a swapable module and detachable (maybe), add more seats+power armor station
>give pilot better view of ground
>remove manned turrets, replace with remote turrets, or automated
>since overall design is now larger the kitchen can be kept for the role of "space border patrol ship" or the area can be turned into a swapable module to remove livability but increase cargo room.
>make the "wings" that hold the engines stubbier so that the engines are closer to the body

Also notice that it has mini-wings in that photo, just give it NU-Aegis wings along the bottom thruster set so it atleast matches

So you like bigger side thrusters, like the Reclaimer? I think the bigger wings look a lot better on the ship in your picture if it was to be a bigger ship. As it stands, the current size on the current model looks fine. The concept art you posted looks to be a bit bigger than the one they actually made.

Kind of.
Cutter?
I already own a Python and I'm saving up for a Conda. Faction ships seem kind of useless.

>be citizencon 2016
>new ship announced
>Titan suit and Ground Vehicle carrier ship the size of a Reclaimer with the entire ship dedicated to transporting
>enough space to hold 160 Abram tanks in 5 rows of 32

I DONT WANT ANOTHER USELESS CAPITAL I WANT 600'S

NIGGA YOU'RE GETTING THE 600i BEFORE CITCON YOU FUCK, IT'S THIS MONTHS SHIP

NOW FUUUUUUCKKKING CALM YOUR SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>that NPC spawns are also ship-dependent

Is that true?

Got Elite and noticed I have a crap ton of these "Tip Off"s with coordinates. Will these ever disappear or can I take my time doing them?

So wait, what is good with the 600?

Forgot pic. Some of them say to hurry before they disappear but thats just bull right?

remember when the Sabre didn't exist and this thing actually had a role as the lightly armed but super agile ship that could actually fight Hornets?

why did they completely fuck it?

Where can I find out about this 600 ship?

I wanna put a fixed gun under the nose, and swap out the gimbals with more rocket and dual missile racks.
Space A-10.

wait, really?

Holy shit that's awesome. I hope it's a sane price and has actual useful functions like a cargo hold at least as big as a base lancer and a decent amount of guns.

Found mixed answers but I have never had them disappear on me.

the monthly update was actually interesting this time

>The gas cloud and lightning tech are both coming along well and should set the scene for spectacular dogfights!
holy fug

It's a Origin ship that will likely be in-between the Freelancer and Connie in size. Think, a fancier, more agile Freelancer with a great view.

They fucked the weapon sizing system making it's guns a joke and then fucked the flight system so that the light agile ships weren't so agile anymore.

FUCK IT I JUST NEED LUXURY SPACESHITTER AND JACUZZI

That would amazingly gimped in the current state of the game. Missiles are just going to be a money sink in the actual game.

I hope they put in plenty of Space Horror

so you feel more powerful after you complete your first tour with Luke "Old Man" Skywalker

I think there will be a fair amount..

Last post for me today, off to sleep senpai

meh... if I'm going to pay 200+ dollars (I don't see them pricing it under 250) for a ship, that thing better be able to do something besides have worthless cabins full of fluff shit for make believe RP parties. We already have the Pheniox and 890j for that.

And for that matter, why weren't there any other 800 series ships besides the ridiculous party yacht?

>filename

BECAUSE FUCK YOU IF YOU WANT TRANSPORT BAGS OF SHIT THEN BUY FUCKING MISKEK FREELANCER

>so you feel more powerful after you complete your first tour with Luke "Old Man" Skywalker
Pretty much this. Sq42 needed a piece of shit starter ship for the first couple of missions so it'll actually feel like a huge upgrade when they finally allow you to fly the most holy and scared Hornet F7-PBUH. And the Gladius was the closest thing they have to a 'starter' fighter.

>Sack the 4eyed faggot that made it
>Delete all resources and models of it
>Make a new gunship that looks and acts like one

Because I wanna see where I'm going while I transport my bags of shit to Uranus, thank you very much!

Better ship.

THEN BUY FUCKING MISKEK HULL ABCDE DONT TOUCH MY LUXURY SHIP WITH YOUR DIRTY TRUCKER HANDS

You fly well, for a Terran, but step aside and let real ships handle this.

Your capslock is on, friend

Aren't ship components supposed to be more important than ship hulls? I wouldn't be surprised if the rare, expensive prototype components in the final game could make the Gladius pretty fucking formidable.

>put those same components on a Sabre/Hornet
>right back to where you started

>Dogfights in gas giants.
I need this in my life.

nothing short of more and/or bigger gun hard points will save the Gladius

what movie is this

Cosmos Ep 1, 8 minutes in.

wait, the 600 series is actually confirmed to be an actual thing?
wasn't the Avenger supposed to be a trainer craft before the Gladius came into existence even?

>Trainer craft

I've seen people describe it as a police interceptor.

it was one, but I'm sure before we got the current variants there's a two seat trainer variant

yes. then they reached the KS stretch goal that added the Gladius, and the avenger got bumped down to space police car.

shit's getting too real these days
>they toss some frozen corpses into the demo just to set the scene
>bump them around and show off the physics, CR is laughing about it the whole time
>because of the FIDELITY it's actually super unsettling and creepy

youtu.be/iTBvpd3_Vqk#t=278
WHERE IS IT BRIBBLIN
youtube.com/watch?v=BCQXXNCawF4

>YOU'RE GETTING THE 600i BEFORE CITCON YOU FUCK, IT'S THIS MONTHS SHIP
????

Yeah, I haven't heard anything to suggest there will be a 600 sale. That seems unlikely as they probably want everyone fresh and excited for the Polaris sale in early October.

Any other ways to get some hundred millions aside from robigo/sothis?

No.

Friday the 23rd. Announcement on the 19th when the commlink schedule goes up. Screenshot this.

That's disappointing. I went to the newholm station (or whatever that's not sothis mining) with my tradeconda yesterday and could hardly find a mission... While sothis mining is filled with those but I have to use my python which has half the cargo space

Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu Banu

Relog, open/solo.

Yeah, making money in this game is a pain.
Even 4k trade loops pale in comparison to Sothis/Robigo. Mining is a waste of time and bounty hunting gets old fast.

Those seats look very uncomfy.

>banuposting

Who could be behind that post?

Fairly sure the plural is just "banu" also please pick a word that actually rhymes.

What ship is that?