Show your project cars or street rods

I currently have a 1956 Chevy 210. It's got a 283 from a '65 Impala SS and it dynos to 415HP. Tri power chevy with 3 holley carbs. 350 turbo transmission. At some point it'll be painted a nice bright blue in the front and bombay ivory in the back.

This is my 1973 Chevy Nova SS that I was working on to make it look like a 70. Basically itd be just bezels, back lights, bumpers, and back windows. It had the same motor as the 56

and I also currently have a 1930 Ford Model A with a 302 stroked to a 347. 450HP and will soon have a 496 BBC when i am able to afford it.

noice cars. this is my '65

tomorrow I install the new heater core and locks, and hopefully get it registered because I have been driving without tags for a few months now.

nice car user. does it have the original 300 in it?

it has a 300, but not the original 300. I am hoping to start building a 351w for it which would be my first engine build. nothing crazy, but hopefully around 9.5:1 compression pistons, GT40 heads, stock crank, mild street cam, decent headers and hydraulic valvetrain.

should net me around 300 or so hp, plenty enough for me and my wallet. afterwards I want to swap in the non-factory C6 for a AOD so I can get some od for highway cruising. it's got 4.11 I think so no need to regear if I get an overdrive transmission.

>Ford
>BBC engine
Shit

this desu senpai
>tfw no built to fuck stroked 460
>tfw I can't even begin to cringe at that gas mileage.

I love the ford body style but i love a chevy big block. why not have both?

>gas mileage
It doesn't matter puttering to local car shows and back

currently it gets 6 mpg

Then buy a Chevrolet for the Chevrolet engine

Pic related

I DD my truck tho
>but dd'ing a deuce hot rod would be fucking stupid/awesome

damn son. I get 14 with my 300 on the highway

also are cast or forged pistons worth the price difference?

I like all the old chevy coupes but the one that really gets me is a 1932 Ford Coupe like the one from american graffiti. That had a 327 sbc in it.

It may not have good gas milage but it really pays off. When you take off it feels like you almost break your neck. It's got way too much torque

'78 Nova

406 SBC
>Quickfuel 750 or 850 (can't find a part number)
>Edelbrock Victor Jr single plane aluminum intake
>Edelbrock E-210 Aluminum Heads
>Comp Cams XE274H
>Comp Hydraulic Flat Tappet lifters
>Comp Pushrods
>Comp Magnum Roller tip Rockers
>eagle crank, Rods, 4 Relief dished pistons

>long tube headers to 3" Collectors
>H pipe
>Flowmaster Super 40 muffs

TH350 trans
B&M Shift Kit
column shift
Aluminum drive shift
GM 10 bolt
Auburn 4.10 Posi
Moser axles

Mickey Thompson ET Street 255 60 drag radials

American Racing Rallies and/or Centerline Front Runners

Fastest time: 12.304s at 108.7 mph on drag radials

that's the thing with my truck, I need to run it at the strip, but it probably will get down the quarter in 26 seconds

it literally can't do a burnout

What do you rev at 60mph with those steep gears?

Also MSD 6AL-2 Ignition, Champion plugs, bench seat, plaid interior, Auto Meter tach and shift light, CPP Line lock

how hard was installing the tach/what did you have to do?

Between 2600 and 2800. My speedometer isn't accurate along with it being blocked by the tach. I know 2500 is 55 mph and 1500 in 3rd is 25mph. All other times I match my speed with traffic

The place you live just looks super depressing, op

Scoop up a modular v8 frok a crashed truck and a 1000$ carb conversion kit.
Hell even a new transmission/mounts etc still wont cost as much as building a motor. I would go that route. And you really open up a whole new aftermarket and theres tonnes of cheap power.

Just had to find a longer screw to sandwich the mount between the head and the dash panel. Wasn't too hard

no I mean like does it run off the ignition or is it mechanical or what?

>modular
haram. nah, I can build up a decent windsor for cheap if I use a junkyard bottom end, explorer GT40 heads and just buy the pistons and cam and shit piecemeal.

Oh, it runs off the MSD box

not that user, but most simply connect to the distributor.

I have 4:11s with the biggest tire I can fit on a 15 and I'm still revving at 3200rpm.

what carb is that and is it original?

Oh cool

autolite 1100. it's too small for this engine, it feels choked at anything above 50mph.

How tall a tire? I'm running Mickey Thompson 255/60 which is a 27.5 inch tall tire

I put a carter yfa on mine, but the pressure from the fuel pump was too much for it to handle.
Had to add a regulator to bring it down to ~3-4 psi.

If its an original 300 i would just bore it out
and get new heads and basically just do a rebuild. Maybe no more than 1200 but itll be enough to lay down rubber.

basically it was winter time and i hadnt cleaned up the yard yet. its much better now

>283
dynos to 415HP
lol

>modular
>1000$ carb conversion kit
>theres tonnes of cheap power
Shut the fuck up.

This is my project car, swapped in a ford 8.8, working on dropping in a chevy 5.3 rn, planning on hooning around fur prob 6 months while I save up money to turbo it.

there's no point in modifying the 300 when for the same money I could have a v8, which is what I really want.

special snowflakes might be pretty, but they melt.

I have a holley 4412 I literally just rebuilt. I think I am going to get an adapter plate and slap it on and see what it'll do. worst case scenario, I just put the 1100 back on.