/ovg/ - Mid Ohio is a meme track Edition

>Hey Cleetus, I'm gonna put a crest outside of the track for no reason YEEHAW

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

>gravel trap behind a dip
>everyone flies over the gravel trap
>it doesn't serve its purpose
GG WP track designers

Maserati 250F mini-series when?

>Those amazing men
>In their flying machines
Wright Brothers BTFO

I wanna join in for some OVGT3 fun, but really don't want to get mumble because my speakers don't turn off from my laptop even with headphones plugged in. Is there anywhere else I can introduce myself?

Just skip the introduction and be a mysterious autist who only appears on race day

OVGT3 is dead, it only survived one race. We are racing GT1 cars in rF1 and Indycars in rF2 tommorow and do RallyX with shitboxes in AC on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

As for the introduction, you can do it like me and come to the mumble without a mic for a while, until you figured out a way to make it work. And some people don't use their mics at all, so it won't be that much of a problem

K
>OVGT3 is dead
Fuck, I just got good with the C6. [spoiler]And I'm phoneposting b/c my internet's out until next weekend, so see y'all next weekend.[/spoiler]

>OVGT3
>C6
m8 that series finished half a year ago wtf are you doing

I just downloaded the stuff off the doc, guess I got the wrong one.
>mfw

Anyone up for some NFS this weekend? Highway crusing, touge and then a car show at the Diner?

>wake up
>james is 7 tenths faster than me
fuck
gg james

look at the sector times
the blog operator is up to his old tricks again

>play TM2 Stadium after playing a lot of TMNF a couple of years back
>someone asks question about the track
>all the fast guys give helpful and friendly advice
>two guys that raced together in a clan in 2008 randomly meet again
>mfw the community is just as nice as I remember
Goddamnit Trackmania, why did you have to be Ubisoft'd?

They're all quicker. Did he cut the pit lane in every sector?

this

this so much

thats not the only corner you can cut

Don't worry, he will not show up. He doesn't have the guts. He just wanted to remind us that he is so fast and no matter what expensive plastic toy steering wheel you use, you will still be slower than a canadian dude with a DFGT.

HEY JAMES CAN WE HAVE YOUR SETUP AND YOUR HOTLAP TO HELP US GET FASTER SO WE WILL NOT HAVE PEOPLE IN THE 18S?

That was what I was alluding to

which GT1's are doing the top times?

Dunno (doesn't matter), Aston, Lambo, Saleen, and Maserati, in that order.
Basically doesn't matter, just drive the one you feel most comfortable in.

Pretty much this, all the cars are really well balanced (you can see by how close the lap times are) so just use the one you fell the most comfortable and stable in

I think he has. When i saw that first sector time i thought "maybe hes just running really low aero" but the fact that his top speed is low just shows that he has clearly cut somewhere, plus; if he was running such little aero to be so fast in the 1st sector which is made up of straights, he wouldn't be so fast in sector 2
im not believing that lap time until james shows proof its legit

Last time i logged in literally all of my buddies were offline ;_;

>OVGT1 Skins

I asked you guys to send me your finished skins on [email protected].

So far I have only received 6 skins.

>DeSilva
>larguu's team USA
>Fresh Motorsports
>Goteki 45
>Zyborierrab
>RSRacing

Reminder that the deadline is in exactly 8 and a half hours, if it's sent later than that it won't be included in the pack and you'd have to wait for next week's pack.

Dead series.

sent

IS DA SOUND OF DA POLIS

>try out the Maserati Levante in AC
>realize how modern cars have barely any color choices anymore
;_;

Just look at all these colors!
>black
>very light ivory (might as well be white)
>blue
>grey
>dark red
>slightly different grey
>dark red but this time more brownish
>dark grey
>slightly different blue
>white
>slightly different black
>dark green

>out last night being a normie
>forgot about the deadline
ALL THAT WORK FOR NAUGHT. FUCK

>Refund the RedPack DLC
>the cars are still in the game
epic

It's not too late! GOGOGO

not him but I'm at work between now and the deadline

rip

someone put red crosses over all the dead teams in this pic

Just sent mine

>refund black flag.pdf
>the shit is still on my hard disk
epic

>Pedro Lamy flew more than Wright Brothers
PORTUGAL CARALHO

I'm sure the dude will be ok if you send it 2-3 hours later.

How do I do turns 9, 12 and 13 on memw ohio? Those always fuck me over

why did you refund?

It was only worth it for the SFT-15 imo (the hybrid system is so much fun) , i was looking forward to the 488 GT3 the most but it was just a generic GT3 for me, the rest of the cars are meh, ive never liked the red bull ring either so yeah

I refunded because I didn't feel like I was having any fun in either of the cars. I felt like fun in the other DLC packs but something was off here

Fuck you both you don't know anything. This is the best pack and it's worth every cent.

Hello Stefano let me make you even happier I'm spending the refunded cash on pCars expansions :^)

Assetto Corsa should honestly stick to lots of street cars, there's plenty of sims out there for high-spec racecars and AC isn't going to match their experiences.

Go play forza if you want to drive road cars around.

Quick, name a thing AC is likely to do better than its competitors in the near future!

No cuts, a 1:15.9 is just slow.

You heard it first hear folks,

Daddy does not cheat. Daddy does not do fake.

Put up the replay then instead and put the argument to rest

ignoring simulation value

Fuck you loser. Ian Bell is a hack that has too much money to play with, unlike me, a humble italian developer.
Donate to my patreon now, after causing me psychological trauma.

It has a more complete sets of racecars instead of one and done relying on modders to fill in the gaps. It has exclusive deals with brands such as porsche, ferrari, etc.

Shut the fuck up, shut the fuck up before I crush your dweeby bean sprout neck in unfunny nerd.

It's called being at work for the next seven hours.

The setup is literally the same as my R3E baseline. Put those numbers into your GT1 and it'll fly.

Max downforce though.

This and throw in the setup too. Risto always helps us to better. Why wont you also help?

>calls james's lap fake because he is slower than because racecar

>g-g-g-g-g-guys i swear i didnt cut

There isn't anywhere to cut at Mid Ohio.

>Turn 1

The proper line is quicker because the concrete pad helps turn the car.

why did you keep doing it then?
>there isnt anywhere to cut at Mid Ohio
dont give me that bullshit

S H I T T E R

Ban this sick filth ASAP

I don't really care about my laptime being slow, and I don't care if James is cheating or not, but posting the replay would just end this argument that's bound to go on for weeks

Who gives a shit if you cut during practice. As long as you dont do it during qualifying or the race its fine for a chuckle or two.

By the way, I dont doubt a 15.2 at all, James is much faster than me and I did a 16.0

He won't post it because he likes arguments and drama and all the other fags here like arguments and drama too

if all of you think you're so fast, try and beat me in whiplash

No, thank you

chicken?

more like "lack of interest"

My pc is 34km away.

Someone shoot me a text at 430est and ill upload it when I get home.

why are you doubting that James is fast? just git gud

I will later

you mean this setup?

Hey ovg, is it worth it to buy a g27 off Craigslist for 150? I'll send the guy an offer for 100 first but 150 is the list price. Comes with shifter and pedals.

Camber -3.5, -2.8

Diff 30/30/1.

Oh and wing, I had 2/13.

Check 'em.

Yeah, if it's in good condition and with the box.

>steel one helicopter
>end up with whole fleet
also;
>tfw you will never live on a tiny island with a shitbox too hoon around

No box but the guy says it's in p gud condition. I have plenty of extra boxes for storage since I just moved

mars as moon mod is pretty noice

Usually no box means it was constantly hooked. If it was on a stand, it's ok, but if it was on a desk, it might've affected the health of the wheel a bit.

ahh, all of this quality racing one can unlock after just couple of rookie class races

>JC2
jesus that game is comfy as fuck

sure as hell is man
too bad JC3 is like a billion dollaridoos

well, it seems like he got his revenge for my obvious evil blocking

but at least i can always come back to good ol' miata cup. iracing is cool.

Is there a way to check up on the wheel before I buy it? Probably going to meet the guy somewhere, don't really want to go into his house or anything, but is there anything physical I should check for before buying?

I've ran the Lambo in 2 leagues, and literally had no problem.
Git gud

you should've seen that one from a mile ago and changed your line accordingly

not him but you really underestimate how much you can see out of those cars once in-game.

check paddle shifters, make sure all 7 gears engage physically(reverse is engage by pushing in the knob and shifting to 6th), check the spots over the clamps. In this kind of cases I would advise you to ask him if he can plug it in and see yourself if it works.

you're right, i just hoped he won't accelerate and end in the middle of the road

i also have narrow FOV, so i just saw him somewhere on the grass and couldn't see him when i finished corner, i thought he's stopping there or entering pits or whatever

hey, my fov excuse is not bad at all

submarine?

or plane?

What are you doing Scorpio

>Forza releases truck DLC
>Nice happens
Hmm
>Forza 6 is in Rio
>Olympics are in Rio
What are they up to?

TAKEDOWN

so who do you think is gonna win tomorrow? Place your bets