How destructive can a truck be

I know this is tied to a recent event, but I have a legitimate question that I assume this board can answer.
For those who don´t know, there was a terrorist attack in nice in which a truck was used to run over people for almost 2 kilometers. it was a Renault Midlum cargo truck for the record, and It doesn´t seem like it was modified in the slighlest for the attack
My question is, what choices regarding would have made the attack more effective? what kind of truck would have performed better? any kind of (realistic) modifications that would have changed this? I´m curious because its shocking how much damage can a random cargo truck do

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack)
youtube.com/watch?v=L79Tr87RI40
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atentado_de_Niza_de_2016
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
youtube.com/watch?v=jKQYRen_MIA
sono-brutta.blogspot.com/2016/07/battute-stupide-epiche.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u1toGqbxTfM
youtube.com/watch?v=nZDniSQ4Z20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Renault Midlum

welp, i got the answer to that without even making a thread. thanks m8

>Renult Muslum
OH GOD

>My question is, what choices regarding would have made the attack more effective?
Go away Mehmet, I'm not telling you how to kill more babies with scary salt trucks.

BAN ALL CARS
YOU DON'T NEED MORE THAN 50 cc

he definitely did better than kato

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre

no problem. I got it from the wikipedia page (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack) and even with the messed up front I´m pretty sure they got it right
Nice

more power of course. The midlum is the clio of trucks

youtube.com/watch?v=L79Tr87RI40

interesting, either you are linking me the wrong stuff, or it has been edited, because right now the article mentions nothing about what truck was used

I haev a questoin.

What were these people doing on the road anyway? I mean, if anyone has learned anything over the course of their lives is that the roads are for cars and you should not be there unless you are in a car.

Not saying they deserved to get run over, but why'd they have to be on the road?

checking get

Says Renault Midlum 300 in other languages. Not him btw

do americans not have promenades?

What the fuck, you are right. And it was there an hour ago
Check the spanish wiki, if you crtl+f it appears
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atentado_de_Niza_de_2016

oh, thanks. i was starting to run out of talent after 5 damn wiki pages in different languages

alright, thanks. i found it myself in german after swedish, danish, norwegian and english failed me. but ctrl+f and trying a few languages still works

>steel plating on the sides of the cab
>a fender/bumper of some kind to protect the engine from impacts
>some guards to stop stuff getting jammed in the wheel arches

i mean, how far do you want to go.

Roads are for cars and trucks. Not bikes not bicycles not pedestrians. Cars and trucks.

>what choices regarding would have made the attack more effective? what kind of truck would have performed better?
Nice try, sneaky fucking ISIS

it was their Bastille day. Like Americans 4th of july, so I assume the streets were closed off for celebrations.

>i mean, how far do you want to go
Just realistic modifications a group of decently skilled people could make without bringing much attention. If you want some limitations for the sake of realism, lets say you have 2 months from start to finish and 120k-150k as budget, price of the truck included. Just for the record, the truck was surrounded by the police and the driver killed by gunfire.
As I said in the OP, I´m curious as what could they pull off with just a truck if they had prepared it better. I´m surprises me that they managed to kill 84 people with a simple truck without prior preparation
>a fender/bumper of some kind to protect the engine from impacts
would a cow pusher or a Snowplow be overkill?
yeah, I know how it looks like by just reading the OP. submit a tip to the FBI if it makes you feel better

so you don't know what promenades are?

>Two trucks side by side
>A van Damme between the sidemirrors
>unstoppable rampage throughout Europe

the situation and purpuse is different, but the Killdozer incident is worth mentioning as a reference
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

why hasnt someone bombed isis and run them over carmageddon style yet?

Why hasn't ISIS build a literal war rig and put GoPros all over it?

Why can't we nuke the third world and repopulate it with white people?

>taking on ISIS kitted out with Falcons, V8 hotrods, war rigs and flamethrowers

i didnt know i needed this bad

youtube.com/watch?v=jKQYRen_MIA

>streets were closed off for celebrations.
Right. But since car and truck bombs are a thing (as well as old people driving large sedans), I'm surprised that the street wasn't physically blocked to vehicular traffic.

there was a barrier apparently
>30 minutes before the incident, a large white cargo truck was seen approaching the Promenade des Anglais. "He was speeding up, braking, speeding up again and braking again. We thought it was weird," said Laicia Baroi, an eyewitness.[15] The truck then doubled back towards the airport and breached the vehicle barriers opposite the Lenval children's hospital.[15] The truck was moving slowly and a motorcyclist pulled up alongside and tried to open the truck door.[15] The truck ran over the motorcyclist after he fell off.[15] Watching this, two nearby police officers opened fire on the truck.[15] At this point the driver sped up towards the Promenade.

I think their police didn't put up barricades or at least block off streets with their vehicles with manned checkpoints like they do for big events in big cities in the US (NYC comes to mind).

>Get a Freightliner/Whited
>Remove Governor
>Put Cowcatcher on the front
>Proceed to run over pedestrians till your psychotic hearts content

a Club Wagon Ford Econoline with 4WD

I saw what happened and the truck wobbled too much. The inside must have been misplaced and did not take the twists and turns. Bad packaging?
My vid was banned even on Youreporter.
Check it. Pass is Wkoejou23 so I know who is the fcuker who flag the vid from IP!
sono-brutta.blogspot.com/2016/07/battute-stupide-epiche.html

#BanAssultTrucks

You dont need high capacity Semi-Trucks to go to Walmart.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1toGqbxTfM

This only represents a small portion of truck owners.
I own a registered truck myself and keep it away from kids and never store it fully fueled.
Banning High capacity trucks won't solve the underlying issue.

Are you new to this world or something?

youtube.com/watch?v=nZDniSQ4Z20

Trucks are fucking insane.

>M13

fuck you had me worried there a minute

lol'd heartily.