My dads friend is selling his 2005 jaguar for $3000

my dads friend is selling his 2005 jaguar for $3000

should I buy it or will it just break on me every week?

are they known for being unreliable? I need a daily driver

its x type

Other urls found in this thread:

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5674054860.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If by "buy it" you mean take ownership for free, then yes. If you mean pay 3k to your own dad for some pile of shit then no.

>friend's dad
Benchracers so quick to talk shit they can't even read.

>its x type
oops i mean its s type

like pic related

You're both fucking retarded.
>dad's friend

Get it. Jaguar being unreliable is a meme you should not believe. My friend's aunt has a 72 with a SBC swapped in it, and she said it's been a lot of fun and gets her a lot of attention from guys.

That Jaguar looks like shit.

Did your aunt buy that car from Mike and Dave?

How many miles? Jags are nice rides but usually get beat to shit because of the brand name. 3k ain't shit to drop if itsUnder 200k miles.

Nice hyundai

Jaguar was bought by Ford in the 90s and since then their reliability had increased greatly.

all luxury car reliability memes is because when the people who actually had money to buy the cars to begin with are selling them, and sell them to people who did not have said money to buy said car to begin with, and because of that also do not have money to perform maintenance on said car

not at all true.
someone should post the scotty kilmer money pit machine video. that explains it all pretty well .

>My friend's aunt has a 72 with a SBC swapped in it
Do you know why they have a SBC swapped in? Cuz it certainly wasn't performance......
I'll wait...........
Yup. They're unreliable, which is why SBC swaps were popular. Fuck off retard.

Seem to recall the s-type shares the same platform as some Lincoln. It's not going to break on you, but you might want to look out for some parts prices. Neighbour smacked off a rear mirror on his, set him back nearly $1k.

LOL... can't believe you fell for such obvious bait.... now who's retarded?

LOL
O
L

It's basically a re-skinned Taurus. It cannot be that expensive to wrench on.

Really? Show me a single major component that is shared with a taurus

Exactly. It's a sister of the Lincoln LS on the DEW98 platform which shares nothing with the Taurus. The DEW98 continued as the Jaguar XF until 2015.

The DEW98 is a good platform and quite competitive with other sports sedans of the late 90's which was fairly surprising from a mass manufacturer like Ford. It would've been a masterstroke if they'd gotten it out on time in the fall of 97 as planned but it was delayed until the 2000MY by which time it was merely good.

I had a 2005 jaguar xtype and a simple fix like replacing the head gasket was impossible because of all the shit that's in the way (exhaust mainly). Took it to 3 shops and it would've ran me about $1000 to have a $20 part put in. Theyre shit and things go wrong on them very quick

1000 bucks for a head gasket is about right for luxury cars you autist.

>replacing head gaskets
>FWD DOHC V6 in anything from anywhere
>simple fix

The thing's a rebadged Ford Mondeo. It's about as simple as any other similarly equipped car.

You sound like an idiot, it's all labor cost with headgaskets.

Also calling a head gasket a simple fix means you're clearly too goddamn stupid to work on your own cars, good thing you took it to a shop.

What is the best year to buy?

What would you offer this guy for his "mechanics special"?

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5674054860.html

>assuming someones automotive experience without actually knowing
Youre retarded buddy

Its AWD

I probably wouldn't go over $10K unless the thing was like new. Looks like Good Condition value is around $17K and used 4.2L engines are around $2500. Then you'll have to figure out the reason it blew head gaskets and fix that plus your time, hassle, and other bullshit like fluids etc. You'll be in it for $13-14K by the time you get it ready for resale so I'd be questioning if that's enough profit to be worth it.

Selling it won't be fun either because who wants one really?