/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Lupadim Did 9/11 Edition

SPIRIT OF JUSTICE IS OUT! GET IT ON THE ESHOP!

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Previous Case:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y4ZZvuL5BohQBFp1dvmyPT5nEpYpJ9o98f8l3f9gGKM/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=NyGBmzxJLFY
youtube.com/watch?v=Uav75DtFDL8
strawpoll.me/11204723
pastebin.com/Sgrbvh40
mediafire.com/download/uikuww4l8ft8vmc/misc.zip
mediafire.com/?nfd2dotb5s41adv
pastebin.com/jkDgjGEn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for gato

>OP picture

LSP 9 (/11) on area 2

So threads are actually going until 750 replies now?

we not ded?

>Phoenix goes to Khura'in
>constantly struggles during trials, barely wins and even gets a guilty verdict
>Apollo goes to Khura'in
>takes down the government, finds out the truth and basically fixes the whole country up in one single trial

Why is Apollo so much better than Phoenix?

Like they said he had 2 seasoned mentors.

But yeah just beat SoJ and RIP AA. However are they going to make another game.

>However are they going to make another game

It's like there isn't a scene at the end that clearly gives you a hint what AA7 will be about

Part of me was thinking this is better anyways since there's now 2 settings they can work with but the cast is just getting more and more bloated.

Big shame how Apollo and Trucy can't be a thing even after what Dhurke said.

The update is delayed because of lack of demothings

Until then, I'd like to ask the community to work on demothings for these:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y4ZZvuL5BohQBFp1dvmyPT5nEpYpJ9o98f8l3f9gGKM/edit?usp=sharing

No need to be fancy

Kristoph was probably the better mentor than that fuccboi Phoenix who only wins by bluffs and amateurish tricks, it's clear that Apollo got all his brains from me rather than that idiot Wright.

Honestly Phoenix should lose his badge again for being such an embarrassment.

>"dangits"
>"purseowners"
>"fire emblem (i still think this is a mistake)"

am I supposed to guess who already has a demothing and who doesn't?

Did instant math and got about 202 characters in total, which means we could have a whole lot of user slots now.

mods darklaw player here i added a suggestion to the suggestion doc for next update just making sure cause i've never made a suggestion before or made content for the game

its basically just a darklaw defense folder so she can be played on defense

Okay, both CT's from yesterday are done uploading and processing if anyone cares.

youtube.com/watch?v=NyGBmzxJLFY

youtube.com/watch?v=Uav75DtFDL8

>Area 2
>Lesbian terrorists vs Shota ISIL
terrorists

Area 2>Area 3

>start in 3... 2... 1... 0...
>GUNDHAM DID IT. I INDICT GUNDHAM.

shoulda just ended the recording right there desu. there isn't much else to it.

You can check in your demothings folder

Oh and pls vote. strawpoll.me/11204723 samples are in the strawpoll doc.

I won't lie, I think your selection is pretty shit desu.
This is what I had in mind instead. pastebin.com/Sgrbvh40

Case 6-2 gives me a headache.

To be fair Lupa, a lot of characters do have demothings that aren't just implemented properly. So a simple folder check won't just cut it. That being said, here's a list of folders with NO demothings whatsoever(check character folders once in a while).

Susato Bench
Tobias Gregson
Cindy
LeTouse
Buddy
Uzukamaru Taizo
Adam Ladyfirst
Oscar Fairplay
Hutch Windibank
Flora
Ace
Santa
Seven
Kirigiri
Chiaki
Komaeda
Inferno Cop
Mister Judge
Lucina
Chrom
Dante
Rydia
Ranger Justice
Conway Stern
Cammy Lauren Paups(this is not a folder, this is an error and you will be bullied for it)

Hopefully this helps someone out there.

Oh, I separated Cammy from Lauren Paups in the original file

Megundal too has no demothings m8

>Area 2

Working on it.

Thanks for letting me know, noted.
Also, why does Layton have two CSS slots?
>Layton
>Layton that is not named Professor Layton
:)

Also, here's my own mostly cleaned up misc folder for reference(I just didn't bother with Lance and Hobo Nick admittedly, so Lupa be sure to fix that they have four demo things in the next Full Game download. Also, actually implement previous Hotfix content such as characters into the next one.)
mediafire.com/download/uikuww4l8ft8vmc/misc.zip

Daily reminder.

Want to be a witness in an investigation?

Cool, but...

DO NOT
HAVE
MORE
THAN
ONE
GIMMICK

UNLESS THE INVESTIGATORS INDICT YOU OF BEING THE RELA KILLER

>Implying
A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS, NOT EVEN TO BEING BLOOD RELATED

what's so wrong about marrying your sibling if you truly love them?

Nothing as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe Rayfa can make it legal she wants that prosecutor D anyway

>testimony
>a gimmick

>Machi was found in an orgy after surviving a suicide plane hijacking
>Suggest he was revived by Allah and granted his virgins for destroying the Twin Towers in whisper as a joke
>Lead takes it and runs with it and even gives his life as a virgin to summon Allah

Absolute madman.

A testimony is always followed by a cross examination. The cross examination is as much of a gimmick as a psyche lock or logic chess under the context of Investigations, fuckfaggot. If you want to give testimony without cross examination, submit an evidence containing your accounts.

I guess it's fine, so long as they don't have kids, because of the risk of serious defects. But nothing should stop people from living in harmony if that's what they both want.

On a related note, I remember reading a story of how some adoptive siblings who fell in love were kept apart by their parents. That was really sad.

So do we agree that SoJ was fucking great and a thousand times better than that blunder known as DD?

Gonna have to agree.

It would have been better if they cut case 4 entirely but it was pretty fucking great aside from that.

I liked case 4 actually, felt nice to have a simple filler case between 3 and the ride that is 5

It was basically a break

What if they use EVERY SINGLE gimmick?

Someone just fucking did.

I guess you have a point in terms of pacing, I just thought it was a bad case

>Cast is obnoxious
>Piss easy (the answer is literally given to you with simon's account and the autopsy report)
>Athena is treated like she is completely fucking incompetent which results in Simon holding her (and therefore the player's) hand throughout the trial
>No QT daughterus like Trucy, Rayfa or Armie
>Even the villains' breakdown was predictable within 5 minutes of them being on-screen

Honestly, what it felt like was they had made it as a case 1, decided that they wanted a Seance Tutorial in case 1, but had done enough dev on it already that they didn't want to scrap it, so they just retooled it a bit and stuck it as a case 4. Fuck they even have a case 1 "I'm the killer" movie except the killer is the DanganRompa murderer
As a case 1, all the issues are forgivable, but I kinda wanted something more than that from a case 4

I may or may not be showing interest in this incestuous story. Please provide the source of this narrative.

>Someone just fucking did.
Why do you think I made that point?

>Please provide the source of this narrative.
I can't remember, it was a few years ago.

>Valant did 9/11
>All the victims were MERELY PRETENDING.
JUST A PRANK.

I may have spent a little too much time on this.

>Allah undoes 9/11 which was caused by lesbian terrorists

Islam is a religion of peace confirmed.

Y-you forgot someone
;_;

Can we just discuss about the new client for a minute?

CSS slots aside, it's inconvenient and somehow less functional than the current one, in my admittedly limited experience with it.

Both of these lists have issues, desu.

What did you had in mind?

Whoops! Sorry

Based case.
Thanks for all the fun.

>I think your selection is pretty shit desu.

>he doesn't like ekorisha

And I had buzzkill on there. You can make a poll as well, these were just the ones I thought about adding.

Well alright then. Guess I'll make a separate poll at a later date.

All newly introduced characters are literally Moe tier.

PICKLE

Buzzkill works for Suspense since it basically *is* the suspense theme. Class Trial Solar Edition would fit Objection more than the current one which is suited more for closing arguments.

As far as a Crisis theme my suggestion would be Tropical Despair.

I think some of the existing songs need to be shuffled around a bit as far as categorization goes, been putting together a list for suggestion.

Daily reminder to leave if you see it is a fuckfaggot witness case.

What are the signs?

wit 1(2 user) in A3, I had dc, on my way back sorry to everyone

>he is still crashing cases

>Microaggressions

he used to be fun to play with.

but, you know, attention in this game is like Veeky Forums's (you)s, the weak end up so addicted to it that they move out of their way to shit up stuff just to get some.

Such a tragedy.

He's gotta be the person that wasted most of my life's time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

Uh, sorry for crashing that case, it was my first time witnessing in AAI and I really didn't have much planned at all. I thought ''Valant did 9/11'' would have been funny but not everyone agrees and I gotta keep note of that.

But yeah, I've been trying way too hard lately, I always come up with over-the-top ideas and not everyone will really enjoy that, it feels forced and not natural and I will fully admit it.
Like the case where I was AO itself, shit like that is only gonna completely change the case and not everyone will be cool with it

I thought people enjoyed my stuff but if it's not the case then I'll stop and I'm also gonna have to apologize for causing trouble

If I ever witness again I'll try being more ''casual'' about it, sorry for upsetting you all

Alternatively, go back to the defense bench, it is where you can shape the case the way you want and be the star.

Only when Holmes v2 is made

mediafire.com/?nfd2dotb5s41adv

Got them all I think in a bundle. Even had to make some for characters that did not have there own portrait.

Meant to replay to this one.

Oh that list definitely sounds like it could help.
I guess the only problem is who knows if Lupa's gonna take the time to actually move them around.

COME TO AREA 3 FOR A CASE WE NEED PEOPLE!@

Just noticed I forgot to add the dangits. Someone else can do it I guess.

Also some filename errors. But it'll be done tomorrow,. Thanks for what you did.

B U M P

Bumping.

Sarge WHEN

This thread is going downhill faster than the towers

pastebin.com/jkDgjGEn

For those who were in CC

So this is what /drg/ has come up with in the 2 weeks they've been here. Yeah great job letting autistic shitposters in.

What am i even looking at?

This is bait right? It's advanced shitposting for Drama right?

Something that Noise in CC made with N, Almaz, and a few others.
Soley to start drama.

Here's the pastebin again, since the pussy deleted it.
You made quite the mistake Noise.
pastebin.com/jkDgjGEn

Trump v Hillary case when

Never.

Because unlike the US general election, we have better candidates for a case.

Uendo hardly has any animations though which really made me sad cause they're the most interesting character in that case.
In my opinion (I'm just now jumping in on this conversation by the way) the pre-trial bantz felt all too unnatural and not exactly like Simon would really act, it was written very fan-casey to me.
I ended up making the case feel a lot more comfy, I feel due to taking it slow and coming back to that trial with a lot of breaks inbetween,
The only really hard part was the Resting, please do not disturb contradiction.
It was funny seeing Blackquill grab Athena and shake the shit out of her, because the player too gets frustrated at Athena's non-confidence
Also holy shit why does almost every witness need a transformation it kinda really devalues the rest of the transformational witnesses each time you put another one in there.
There was no validated reason for it to baby you this hard by Case 4, and in reality it just makes me feel cheated out of a case by having this not really challenging one.

Someone add this.

So since everyone dosen't want the new client, how can we change Lupa's mind on that? Everyone seems aganist it in game.

>Day 1 trial of 6-3
>Incredibly obvious what happened
>lol nope fuck you
Fuck sake.

What are the overall problems of the new client?
I know it doesn't quite resize itself properly and the buttons revert back to the original ones when you post. Anything else?

Limit of 20 buttons. However, you have a dropdown menu to choose animations, so you have infinite.

Design is ugly. Actually it is better than the old one at many aspects and people just need to get used to it.

It can resize itself properly unlike the old one, it just doesn't change the size of the sprites since that is quite out of its scope.

Doesn't have in-game logs, but it includes AAU which has much better logs.

It has support to over 200 characters in the CSS and shitposters who want to instigate drama hate this.

That's it. Pick your side.

Alright time to refute this shit.

>Limit of 20 buttons. However, you have a dropdown menu to choose animations, so you have infinite.
Actually, that's not really true. It pushes back all of your buttons if the firstmode is greater than 10 (so, if firstmode = 13, the first three buttons are gone). And from what I've heard, the dropdown list bugs out after 21 emotes. I need to check that out myself, though.

>Design is ugly.
Yes.
>Actually it is better than the old one at many aspects and people just need to get used to it.
Objectively wrong. The evidence screen somehow looks shittier now. The buttons looks worse, and the penalty bar is neon-green. The only thing that looks better on this client is the "ding" button, but that's because it's literally a higher-res button.

>It can resize itself properly unlike the old one, it just doesn't change the size of the sprites since that is quite out of its scope.
Wew what. From the README file.
>* The client does not resize correctly between menu transitions. Fortunately, the client can be resized.
Meaning that if you go to the CSS and go back to the main screen again, your client will shrink. However, they allow you to "resize" the window - or, stretch it vertically for that sweet turquoise background, and limit the the amount you can go horizontally.

>Doesn't have in-game logs, but it includes AAU which has much better logs.
>we couldn't bother allowing people to access the IC log already put into the game, so here's a third party utility to do that for you :^)

The best thing about the new client is the CSS change - which allows for 240 characters on the CSS. Everything else about it is worse. It's literally one step forward and a massive leap back.

Didn't we have our own client in the works? Why are we making do with this furry, pony garbage?

>It pushes back all of your buttons if the firstmode is greater than 10
Because it has a limit of 20 buttons you huge idiot.

>the dropdown doesn't work with more than 21 emotes
A blatant lie.

>Evidence screen looks worse
That's true but we never used it so who cares? Besides, with AAU you can hide it.

>The buttons look worse
Not really.

>The penalty bar is neon-green
Like in the games? Wooooow,

>snip
Do you even know what you are saying? The client NEVER resized correctly between menu transitions, use /charselect now and see for yourself, the difference is that now you can simply resize the client to fix that, something you couldn't do before unless you used the task manager.

I know some people hate change but I refuse to believe you are being honest here, no one can be so stupid.

t. someone that has been using the new client

>it's bad because it's ugly and it doesn't does what it wasn't supposed to do in the first place
W-Wew, my mind is blown........

>he doesn't boot up AO exclusively to look at beautiful buttons and click at more than 20 buttons
Step up your game senpai