/domg/ - Dominions General

Resend Vaccine Edition

Previous Pankoman Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Do not bully Elves

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

cruxador.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/some-things-happened/
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Mistletoe
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GrandestMemery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for legacy memes

Oh man I remember this meme. Takes me back.

>reposting in new thread
Update for anyone interested in the happenings of Nagot_gick_fel

Basically tl;dr is Bats chose to raid me instead of defending (you can turtle in your cap and stack massive amounts of freespawn beast bats, fyi)

I mean it's annoying I guess, but every Xibalba player I've seen that gets attacked sits in their cap and then explodes out with hundreds of beast bats and is back in the game, if you don't want to try it this time if you try Bats in another EA game it actually works pretty well. Get those Onaqui out and take a B9 for the bats my boy, it's srs

>being such a shitter that you need to take measures to deal with emails from people who don't want to put up with your shit

More important happenings are that I, the mighty leader of the realm of Therodos, am now murdering the poor Atlantian scum. Sadly they tried to commit a most heinous crime - having provinces I wanted, i.e. literally the entire ocean - and had to be dealt with. Luckily for everyone else, I don't particularly want to leave the water more than I really have to so I get to focus on the poor fishpeoples.

I'm glad you took the time to fix your email filter, in the same amount of time you took to do that you could have done your turn

Raiding is literally the best thing bats can do, actually. They can foreign-rec raiding parties as well. Sitting in your cap with 1000 beast bats can keep you from being eliminated more quickly, but will never actually win you a game.

>complains about turn resends
>wastes time memeing about it
>doesn't send his turn
Ladies and gentlemen: a typical normalfag.

Naw man, you get enough beast bats to re-expand. You don't sit there with 1000 at all

Raiding around while you lose every real province you have is wayyyy worse than consolidating for a big explosion of bat fuckery, and no one can get rid of you with that shit either, really. It almost forces a domkill

>taking a turn within 30 minutes of seeing it

vs

> spamming resends 9 hours after it hosts

Sorry you're so bootyblasted that your favorite toy got taken away.

Since apparently people were actually reading it, I've once more updated my blog detailing the Dominions D&D campaign.

cruxador.wordpress.com/2016/09/12/some-things-happened/

>could do his turn
>continues complaining about people who prefer to actually play the game

Have you considered creating some kind of stalers-only blitz? It would perhaps suit you better.

>complains about turns not being done
>neglects to check his email, which would show him the turn has been done.

Perhaps you could start a bitch-only pbem, since that seems to be the only part you're good at :^)

Also, he's being attacked by 3 people and an AI, if I recall, it's not a 1v1.

1v1 lots of batfuckery is the right call

>stalers
Literally the only thing I've done that you're mad about is send my turn at 8:40 instead of 8:10 because I memed around for 30 minutes. I hope you know how silly you sound.

>clearly I am one of the people who actually does their turns!
>that's why I'm on maximum damage control over not doing turns!

Staler logic.

What turns did I not do?

You tell me, assuming you even check your email.

They have a B5D5 bless. Anyone got the means to make some waterbreathing items? I can pay in nature gems or gold. Heat 3 is literally the only thing keeping bats pretender/cap alive.

Ignore the pleas of Therodos and their bullshit supersacreds. Donate for their removal instead.

Thanks in advance.

You're incredibly salty about not being able to send resends, aren't you?

I staled one entire time when my cap was taken six months ago

>I staled

Making 13 guys wait for 5 full hours is considered staling, and you know it.

Does astral shield protect the caster from genjutsus aka mind duels?

I regularly tease my submissives for that long.

No. Phoenix Pyre works against Magic Duels, and so does Elixir of Life or Crystal Heart.

What? No, why would it?

epic as usual, bob

First it doesnt protect shit: when you strike someone with it, then you have to do a MR check to know if you get paralyzed, but the damage gets in anyway.

And it only works for fucking melee attacks.

So from the description I'm guessing the effect of Quagmire simply gives the battle the same parameters it would have if it were actually taking place on a swamp province. Is this correct? Is there anything else that it does? Would it do anything at all if cast in a battle already taking place in a swamp province?

Also what exactly gets penalized by swamps in battle and what exactly are the effects on those units?

Are there damage returning buffs like that or other magic shields (besides air shield) that also effect magic attacks and/or missiles?

Mind duels aren't even missiles, but even if they were, astral shield only works for melee attacks.

It just increases the Enc of all units fighting, that's it. Makes them tire faster.

>making me wait is staling.
No. Staling is staling. I took 30 minutes from seeing my turn was in to submitting it, and there were still 15/24 hours left on the clock.

Now, if the admin wants to set me AI for that
>staling
He can go right ahead. This would be egregious badminning, but that would also make it not my problem anymore.

According to the manual, it does this.

I have no clue if that normally applies in all swamps or what.

well that's why i said spells OR missiles and asked about other effects too, but thanks for clarifying that specific situation anyway, I'm always looking for useful strategic info.

for the record I don't care how long it takes you to do your turns, as long as they are done, can't stop others from memeing, and the guy you are talking to isn't the admin

I haven't had much luck with looking up spells in the manual for the purposes of finding information that isn't already told to me in game but the specificity I see there is encouraging, I'll have to look at it even more often than I already do.

Sorry if i was too rude, but that's the price of knowledge.

I don't give two shits about rudeness as long as I'm learning something that will help me git gud.

I can get you manuals of water breathing in a few turns.

Oceania if you want to sort stuff out reply to this post.

ayyyy fuck you

Live!

Damage Reversal protects you from any attack unless the enemy passes a MR check. Blood Vengeance will return an equal amount of damage to the one you took, also unless the enemy passes a MR check.

Air Shield is the only "shield" that protects against missiles. Some spells (Bladewind, Nether Darts) are actually missiles, and subject to Air Shield.

So what's the longest running game y'all are in right now? Are there any games with 200+ turns?

If I have a handful of mages firing off nether bolts, how likely is it that they will target enemy mages?

It targets by expected damage, taking likelihood of hitting into account, so very low

So even spells with extra effects only target based on expected damage? Even if that extra effect would be useless against the chosen target? Dang, what about extra effects that continue causing damage over time? Would that be factored into the expected damage or does the initial damage component override everything else for targeting purposes?

Nobody knows. If you keep asking questions like that, they will remove you.

I know for a FACT that thunderstrike targets including the extra AoE damage (ie - it'll ignore 1 square of high hp units in favor of a densely packed square of units). I don't think that effects like Feebleminded are factored in at all.

I mostly meant things that will continue causing damage after the round the spell was cast in, and whether THAT damage would be counted along with the initial hit damage.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Mistletoe

I think it's looking for a sub, actually.

What sort of sorting out stuff are you talking about?

TDYFLP Sauro, you're a fucken cheeky bastard, aren't you?

Is this your idea of a fun time Ermor? Trading provinces endlessly?

So, Oceania, about those land forts?

Hey, as long as it works. It's not like I need gold. But you do, so I raid you.

This is what mid-late-game looks like.

Get used to it.

What about 'em?

I might want them . . . . .

Will I need to sail my flames from sky casters over there (because sailing is somehow faster than moving under sea).

Only over my and my 1000 wolf bodies.

m8

Well shit. Remind me to never get in games with huge maps.

What happened?

That's a lot of flags.

I'd like to organize a smooth transition of ownership if possible.

What, the entire ocean isn't big enough for you?

Damage Reversal will affect all attacks, but requires the enemy attacking you to fail a MR check. It can be applied with a blood 9 (research) spell.

Flying shield will block missiles, with a 50% chance. It only reduces damage, but it reduces it by 20 which is usually enough against attacks without AP or AN.

Protection or resistance buffs help against many things as well.

I told you dawg, I told you to tell me what provinces I should steer clear off, why didn't you mention this one?

Wasn't overly important, it had just been attacked that turn and I didn't feel like making a post for a province with random undead in it.

Honestly doesn't matter at all though, you'll see the message ingame when that the next turn starts. You killed like 40 longdead and some random meat, so nothing of value was lost. That was just an little army to walk around and cap the empty provinces with.

Regardless, here's a screencap of what's going on in the general area if you don't have scouts there. Random skeleton stacks around Ermor.

rip my upload

What, you're trying to give me advice, mate? Don't worry, you won't be winning this game no matter how much you try to manipulate me. If I'm going down, I'm taking my fellow cancer with me.

You think random batches of chaff does anything? Yes I was giving you advice on how to play Xibalba. It involves beast bats and Onaqui.

I've left the province empty anyway, feel free to take it back.

Shit, and here I thought the capital was the final boss.

>1 resend
>spamming

Perhaps the problem is that the person receiving the resends can't tell between one person doing it a dozen times and a dozen people each doing it once.

Excuse me, why must you act like Pelagia doesn't exist?

>D5B5 bless
>As fucking BATS

Please, you could barely give the AI a lesson

Don't you still have the highest province count in the game by a mile? Even with Pelagia you aren't hurting for space.

There's still a lot of Ermor to go around.

Arco seems to have gotten his shit together, but it still meant Ermor spilled into his lands.

If I see someone as the last person when I check my games I resend once. Just in case they did not notice/forgot. Spamming achieves nothing.

Even single target spells will often do that, to compensate for precision causing misses.

I have 19k gold I have no idea what to do with. I must construct additional forts.

Which requires more land.

Or you could sell me gems/slaves.

I'm Berytos so also have a shitload of gold. I doubt we could do a lot for each other. I'm not really hurting for anything right now. Only thing that's burning my ass is no N1 indies in any of my provinces.

start proxy wars, pay nations 5K each to fight each other

Is fighting on someone else's behalf ever worth it? What you lose in the fighting the gold can't really make up for can it? Unless you take can take a cap with the aid I don't see it being worthwhile.

If the other guy accepts 5k gold to fight you, you should go out and get 5k gold of your own to fight him back. Or, more saliently, if you're going to fight someone anyways, you can try to get paid for doing what you want to / need to do anyways (and then if you don't get paid still do it)

That all kind of makes sense, but I'm no good with diplomacy. I could never get it working out right.

I'm gonna send all the info you need to know next turn.

Okay, awesome.

>Spamming achieves nothing.
>it clearly started a meme and keeps the thread alive
Au contraire, user. Everything working as intended.

>no Oredia game

Get. In. Motherfuckers.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=GrandestMemery

>Non-adventure

Missing like the whole fucking point. Also, MA, hmm. So not an auto win for bats.

>Oeridia non-adventure

Also, for the love of fucking god take off the 300% stuff. The 75% magic sites are fine, but 300% gold just leads to faggots forting literally every single fucking province.

And trust me, that shit ain't fun for anyone.

Fixed

As a nation that just joined but still wants people to have fun, I second that.

>As a nation that just joined but still wants people to have fun, I second that.
>but still wants people to have fun

Really skellingtons?