Civic Si Thread

I'm planning on buying a Civic Si 2007, but I'm also considering a Civic EX coupe 2009. The Si is a little bit more expensive and 2 years older. How good is it? Is it worth it? Honestly I've never driven one.

Also, Si thread.

FWD jap crap
kill ya self
Madum

Bump

it's just a civic. if you're seriously expecting some form of sportiness in a factory souped up econobox then you're very wrong. if you want a reliable and boring A to B daily drive then it's perfect.

They are fun cars, I love mine. If you have any plans on modifying then the Si is a must. The engine alone makes it worth it over the EX. K20's just feel so great.
Currently making 280whp on my Si with a supercharger setup.

How much have you invested into it? Also, is it still worth it if I'm planning on keeping it stock?

This is coming from people who I guarantee have never owned or driven one.

So you're saying that 200hp is not more sporty than the 140hp of the regular one? It isn't worth it?

>who I guarantee have never owned
thank god for that

Yeah, I think you're right. Have you had any experience with one?

Over the years I've probably put around 7gs into it. At this point nothing on it is stock though.
A couple weeks ago I chased an Mk4 supra through a canyon and was able to keep up with it the whole way.

Is it still your daily? How's your MPG now?

Yup still daily it, have almost 40k miles on the supercharger with zero issues. Combined mpgs are usually around 25-26

Not too bad. Got any pics?

If you're serious about getting one I would recommend checking out 8thcivic.com. You will find much more useful information there, instead of just
>lol fwd
memes.

Will do. Thanks a lot, user, take care of that car.

Anyone?

What the fuck is up with the si? I went from seeing 1 per day TOPS, and suddenly am seeing like 5 each day. I even saw 3 in one parking lot

I think is because they're cheaper now, remember, it's basically a 10 year old car.

Why does anybody want a pseudo-sport coupe? Awful interior, slow, fwd. I can understand buying a Typer R. It's not that bad for the money. But these street ricers wtf.

So it's like the Initial D car?
Can I be the next takumi

My V6 buick has 200hp

Your v6 buick is also 1,000lbs heavier.

5th gen = best gen

I have a 2009 EX-L:

>Pros
Good mileage
Very reliable
Practical
>Cons
Incredibly boring
Slooow

Buy the Si if you're looking for something fun to drive. My EX-L has done well as a commuter car (was doing 100 miles a day for a while), but it's getting relegated to winter duty as soon as I can get another car.

07-08 SI is the fastest civic to reach the North American market

bro has 07 ex. Honestly I hate it. Good gas mileage and reliable, but the seating position isucks, headroom is awful and dash layout is awful. I am not a fan.

Hur dur dur no replacement for displacement. Dumb amerifag

>boring
you see? fwd is shit

Well would you look what we got here, a 12 year old attempting logic.

Thanks for the input. I was seriously considering a '09 EX coupe, but I guess I gotta remember is just a civic.

Anyone else has driven the Si?

Civics are efficient and reliable
They are also cramped and disconnected from the road, definitely not a drivers car.

My mom as a 13 si. Great brakes and shifter, body roll and steering is shit

There are plenty of more hot hatches, depending on your budget. If you want comfort, a little spice of quickness, and a sporty feel, its the way to go. I was debating on an 08 Mazdaspeed 3, or a 2012 Si, but the MS3 won out.

Why no 2016 Si?

you should prolly just get the EX since it doesnt seem like you'd really care about the extra performance from the Si

Then what the fuck are you doing here?
Do you get off by coming to a civic thread just to berate and spill your vile comments?
Go find a Trump thread in /pol and suck his dick while you put a cactus up your rectum you piece of human garbage.

Inb4 you mad. People like you deserve a bullet from ISIS

I'm a poorfag. Also, if I were to buy a 2016, I don't think it will be a Civic.

Want to elaborate why did you chose the MS3? I was also considering the '08 Speed3, but being turbo means that it one more thing that can break, and an expensive one.

I care, I really do, but my question is if it's worth the upgrade or not.

The MS3 is fast as fuck, like a 5.6-5.8 0-60. They're easy to get more power out of, corners with no bodyroll, Geared LSD in the front, and the gen 1 mazdaspeed 3 has the best styling. I will also argue that the interior in the MS3 is higher quality.

Yes, the turbo may be a bit unreliable, but the key is to shift before it spools, which is around 2500 rpm. When you want to use the turbo, wait until it hits peak torque at 3000 to shift at the least. Low-Boost events are the main problem with that engine.

After replacing the stock intake and a new tune, and shifting under boost, I could easily get 22/28 mpg out of it. It will never be as economical as an Si, but it a far better "sports" car than compared to an Si.

Confirmed

Thanks, man, I'll keep it in mind. It's a little bit more expensive than the Si, but I guess there is a reason.

Get the si if you're going to do it. I prefer the 96-00 civics but that's just me.

Get the ms3 if you want a sporty car but don't want to modify it, IMO too. Hondas have a much larger aftermarket support. Your 06 si could make 4-500whp stock bottom end.

I own a base model lx and this SI. The SI is really fun to drive. Plus my old lincoln ls V8 was only 250 hp and heavy. These newer SIs will scoot.

That hood tho, bruh...

BTW mine is only 160 hp and its still fun

Yea I got it like that and I figure if i replace that the body kit actually looks pretty nice. Not to mention hood is one of the easier things to replace and at least the paint is perfect and it has

got any front views? curious about that bumper if you say so. But low mileage is sweet

Are those MB wheels?

idk i bought the car from a mexican who said a guy who owned a body shop up in Austin, Minnesota did all the work. Also it has never seen winter. I live in Iowa btw so everybody else around me drives piles of rust. Does anybody know what kind of wheels these are though or if they're knock offs?

my motorcycle has more hp than your car lmfao

Dat hood makes me wanna shoot you over the interwebs.

Yea lol i kinda want a cbr too but i already have 2 cars.

Yea its kinda meh. A carbon fiber hood would have looked way better if he was going to bother fucking with it.

>haha dude my sports bike is like faster than your car hehe please validate me everyone!

Damn, I also found a 2007 Miata (pic semi-related) with hardtop for around the same price. How does it compare with a Civic Si? I know it has less power but is also lighter. Goddamn, why am I poor?

If it is your only car Id go for the civic.

They are two completely different cars. I have owned a 94 Miata, and now have a 12 Civic Si (supercharger as I mentioned earlier ITT).
It really depends what you want in a car, the Miata is a better sports car in terms of just pure driving feel. Even though my Si is faster and still a ton of fun it lacks the pure driver feedback of a light weight RWD.
If I had to choose again I would still go with the Si just because I wanted a newish car that I could build onto and still drive to work every day comfortably.

However I still miss my little Miata and hope to own one again in the future.

Yes, it's my only car. I know I shouldn't, but I kinda want to. Story of my life.

Yes, mostly the RWD and lightweight is what I'm interested in. And all the good reviews. I don't even know what I want.

If you think you can get by with a two-seater being your only car then go for it.
If you end up getting the NC you should invest in some aftermarket coilovers and possible sway bars.

So being 2-seats is the only downside of the Miata against the Si?

Other downsides would be lack of power, straight line speed, less engine tuning potential. That's pretty much it though besides practicality.
So if you don't mind driving a not so roomy 2 seater and going slow in a straight line then Miata would probably be the better car for you.

I have an 8th gen si, they're more fun than what Veeky Forums will lead you to believe

Can you tell me more? What's your average MPG? How much have you spend on repairs? What about mods?

Get this civic si OP

I DD a Miata NA but I'm in the process of replacing it with a larger car. I've driven an NC too.

Ask me anything I guess.

I have a 2007 Si. It's a great daily car. I'm getting 34mpg out of it and it's a fun gearbox to row.

I average about 30 mpg, only major repair was the clutch but that was my fault kek. There is a very good aftermarket for this car for pretty much any direction you want to go (all motor, forced induction, etc.). It's also pretty easy to work on

Hahaha man, how did you do this?

Can you give more details? What you do/don't like? Any mods? How much have you spent on it? I'm looking to get a coupe (for some reason, the sedan is almost $2k more expensive where I live).

why are you owners such assholes

What else can you tell me? Is the best choice for the money (for a daily)? Also, what happened to that clutch?

Do you miss the extra space and extra seats? In the driving experience, is it really as good as they say? What about as a daily where there are a lot of potholes/bad roads?

Is not sold in my country. Otherwise, I would, I love hatchbacks.

Whaaaa? Where do you live where they don't sell EP3s?

Are you that Veeky Forums guy who thinks Miata drivers are #vapenation punks?

>Do you miss the extra space and extra seats?

Specifically seats, no. But the space, yes. If you get takeout with a girl and she's holding the food, her purse basically has to go into the trunk. The passenger seat is your primary cargo area. The trunk itself really isn't too tiny (but they made it smaller in the NC--go figure) but the shape means it's hard to fit rigid objects. Like suitcases, PC towers, etc. A long rifle won't fit in it.

>In the driving experience, is it really as good as they say?

I think so. Never driven a Porsche or a Lotus but I can't picture a car handling much better. You can totally throw it around and the Miata will go exactly where you point it with no drama.

>What about as a daily where there are a lot of potholes/bad roads?

It's rough but it won't kill you. Mine's lowered an inch so speed bumps in parking lots sometimes scrape.

My biggest reasons for getting rid of it are related to comfort and safety, actually. It's loud as fuck inside--forget having a conversation at 80mph, even with the top up. Cowl shake from a convertible is unpleasant. If the top's up you're basically riding around in a gym bag. You're very aware that you're always the smallest and lightest car on the road when something passes you going 100. Around town the power is good but on the highway you can't overtake very well, even at 6500rpm. The steering is so quick if you sneeze or turn your head you can end up in the next lane in a second.

It's my absolute favorite car for under 70mph on roads that have curves. It's a car for enjoying DRIVING THE CAR, rather than enjoying the trip.

>one guy on Veeky Forums is not fond of miata owners
stay delusional kid

on a scale of 1 to bootyblasted how mad do you get when you try to overtake my civic and fail in your underpowered """sports car""""

Should I buy this?

Mexico. They just sold the sedan, and there is a Si-R version of it, but it is too expensive for what it is.

The only reason I would buy this is if it were my dream car since I was a child. If this is your case, looks pretty clean. Otherwise, I think I can spend $5k on something way better.

who says I'm going to pay asking price?

desu this civic isn't my dream car but I do love EF body style.

Id offer $3800 and go from there.

Initially I was looking for an E30 but the ones for sale in my area are all rusted hunk of junks

Thanks a lot for the input. The cabin noise I'm usually ok with it, but I guess it ends getting uncomfortable over time. Now that you're getting rid of it, what are you going to buy?

Well, it seems like you've made your choice, then. If you like the car and have the money, go for it.

It sounds like Ive made my mind but I havent really. i have a bunch of other cars I want to like (ford falcon wagon, BMW E28 535i, 240sx, Celica GTS Hatch, FC Rx7, 07 Impreza 2.5i, Mercedes 300D, and a Honda Civic Wagon as it is pic related)

What are you looking for mostly? Style? Power? Comfort? There is a huge difference between a '07 Impreza and a '89 Civic

>on a scale of 1 to bootyblasted how mad do you get when you try to overtake my civic and fail in your underpowered """sports car""""

You act like I'd even be immature enough to street race. Nice job outing yourself. #yolo #swag

yeah I know and I dont know what I am looking for. Im not power crazy. I kinda want something fun to drive I guess.

and heres the Impreza

Last decent looking civic. HFP kit all stock.

I've had it a year so far. Put about 15k on it (long commute). Haven't dropped any money outside of oil changes and gas. You do have to spring for premium gas, though. K20Z3 doesn't like the regular unleaded much.

No mods. Most of my extra cash goes into guitar gear and recording time. Veeky Forums shit is cool but I don't have that much extra cash.

The thing to remember is that it's not fast. It's a Civic at the end of the day. However, an engine that revs to 8k and a gearbox that's essentially the same as the same year S2000 make for a really fun daily commute. I know that statement seems bold, but my coworker has a 2007 S2000 and we both remarked on how our transmissions felt so similar.

If your goal is to slay the local autocross, this isn't the car. If you want to have fun on the daily drive and hit the occasional backroad corner at 7000rpm while still hovering around that 30mpg mark, it's great.

The best thing I can say about it is how stealth it is. To 99% of of the world, it's just a civic. Soccer moms and Corvette dipshits don't drive any differently around you, cops don't look at you, and you can park it on a city street with no worries. As soon as you find another car fan, however, they recognize it as a pretty neat little car.

I live where it snows 5 months out of the year and I drive 75ish miles one-way to work. FWD, 200hp and Honda was the right choice for me. It's a great little car, just recognize what it is.

>15k

meant 45k