Greetings Veeky Forums

Greetings Veeky Forums,

I come from We cosplay over there. What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on car "cosplay" or just cars modified to look like cars from TV shows or movies.

Pic very related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4Ax2uey9yk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Usually disgusting and does nothing but give the person an excuse to put "LOOKS LIKE CAR XX FROM XYZYC!!!" in the Craigslist ad when the inevitably sell the thing. Modifications are half-assed and ugly and often compromise the car to the point it can't feasibly be brought back to stock.

its pointless
and its rare that cars are even modified that much in the media they appear in unless you're going to cosplay the same fucking shit everyone else does

cars are already beautiful looking, why ruin them

I often see look-alike cars at conventions being shown off. Does anyone know if they do that for fun or they get paid gigs to do stuff like that?

Youtube for reference I guess: youtube.com/watch?v=g4Ax2uey9yk

I wanna make Tridoron from Kamen Rider Drive, but alas, im 6'5" and the honda nsx/ accura is tiny as fuck for me. Im talking I need astraight up Dino sunroof, Flintstone style.

Actually Veeky Forums, would anybody know a 2 door close to the same shape of a '92-'94 honda/accura NSX Id need to make this mad boy? Id fucking love to modify a car to look like Tridoron.

Fucking disgusting. All of them. And go back to

really stupid, I don't know why idiots think that it adds value to the car when they try to sell it when in fact it worsens it in most cases.

Fuck off faggot we're full

Usually ends something like this

I've had idle thoughts about building one of these things to haul around in the bed of my Ram.

theyr'e cool when done well

>Corolla
Nothing of value lost.

Depends on the quality of the job.

>Seagull
That place is so incredibly catty and drama-filled.

>car cosplay
Depends on what the car is a replica of, and how well the work was done. Some are pretty neat, but a lot are overdone at this point.

I've yet to see anybody tackle this.

In the pic you showed its gay most deloreans left on the road are time machines.

I would like a General Lee charger

Loved that Mobile Command Center when i first saw it as a kid, still love the design. Its basically a badass offroad mil spec trailer that would be perfect for desert. Hell, id take the trailer it pulls and pull it with my own truck.

Also someone actually bought one of the command centers that was made and is restoring it to drive it around the country and show it off. (or at least trying, they had started a gofundme). Its on youtube.

Fiero or an mr2 would be a cheap base

I know. I stopped watching that when The dumbass French dude turned on the trailer brake and cooked the transmission

I honestly forgot about the videos and had no idea that happened.

link?

I'm not sure. It was the second or third video, when they first move it.

Ingens Version of Command Center.

Ingen Mobile Lab

>its just a semi

Neat design. Kind of uninspired, though.
Reminds me of the APCs from Aliens.

Cool when done correctly, which they almost always never are.

I guess it's a hobby for some people

Just don't expect to be able to sell it

Now that I take a closer look at it, where the hell does the engine go?

Taking a rare car and ruining it is bad.

Taking a common car and having fun with it is acceptable.

If you're doing it for you then by all means do what you want and enjoy yourself.

If you're doing it for others or attention (you mentioned cosplay and conventions so this is most likely to be true) then you are a stupid fuck and will most likely piss all your expendable money away and regret every decision you made.

I kinda like em

>mfw I sperg out everytime I see it done

no one cares you cunt

I wouldn't call Chargers common..

You either have prop cars that companies pay the owners for driving it in a movie or whatever, then you have "show cars" that promote a shop/service. So, no.

Pretty gay for useless mods.
But a '69 Charger painted like the General Lee wouldn't be too bad I guess.

DeLoreans are garbage from the factory who cares

>defacing a Charger just to make it look like it came out of some gay-ass old TV show
YOU FUCKING MONG- oh right it's a '69 model

There were plenty of '68s modified to look like '69's for General Lee.

Looks better than what you posted too.

>There were plenty of '68s modified to look like '69's for General Lee.
Now that makes me sad.
>Looks better than what you posted too.
I respectfully disagree, but I can see the appeal of the split grille.

Nah, don't get me wrong I prefer '68s myself.

Not a fan of those wheels and the hood though.

Damn, that's exactly how a Charger should be.
I hate how people put low-profile tires and massive chrome wheels on classic muscle cars nowadays. They need some sidewall, you know?

Yeah, call me old fashioned but I don't like anything bigger than 15's on old muscle cars.

Give me 60-75 on the aspect ratio.

I like movie car replicas. However the only car that I aspire having in my garage someday and which has had significant movie roles is the Austin Mini, and I'd rather do up that one in a Rally Monte Carlo style than in a The Italian Job style.

wait those black stripes actually aren't painted stripes but fabric straps? whath the fuck?

That would be utterly cool at least in my eyes.

What I also like are cars made to look like movie cars but they're not even the same model as in the movie which makes it not only impossible but also useless to make everything 100% accurate and therefore gives you more room for interpretation.

In fact this one would've probably been a better Ghostbusters car than the actual Ghostbusters car in the new Ghostbusters movie (not that it would've saved this turd of a flick).

that's how the hood is held down.

as long as it's done well, i don't see why not.
at least it's not another stance shit or ricemobile.

also this
this is fucking great

>In the pic you showed its gay most deloreans left on the road are time machines.

nothing wrong with that
these pieces of shit are significant only because of the movie, otherwise they would be completely forgotten

what? do you think stock deloreans are cool?
guess what, it's because of the movie
and that's even if you didn't watch it, because back to the future rooted deep in pop-culture and you got influenced without even knowing