What's a better car purchase?

Hey, I'm really drawn between purchasing either a 2016 Mustang V8 or a 2016 BMW M4 F82. Which one is going to last me a longer time, be somewhat cost effective, a better drive and survive well through a Canadian winter. Any thoughts?

is the m4 really worth it over the m2 op? i did not think it was

If you're going to run it into the ground over a couple of decades, the Mustang. If you're just going to get rid of it in a few years then the BMW since it will still have some resale value.

Btfo

Yea, in my opinion the M4 looks much nicer on the exterior

I'll be only driving it for 6-7 years until resale, so what do you suggest?

>bmw
>6-7 years
The Mustang, dumbass.

much nicer? ugh well they are your eyes but they look like a clone to me

From the back? Not even close, the M2 looks like a lunchbox

side view

The m4 want last 6 yrs. Buy the gt. Use the money you save to buy other cool shit or save it for later

I was exactly thinking that. Thanks!

>the M4 want last 6 years
You're retarded.
t. owner of a 12 year old M3

The Mustang will still have an ok resale by then but the BMW will be better. Besides, you like the interior more too.

Get an extended service contract for either but especially the BMW if for no other reason than parts costs.

How many m3s. I'm guessing 4. Or you've dumped that much into that shitbox to keep it running.

>considering 40k mustang
>considering 70-80k M4
Sounds like you have no idea what you want.

The M4 is shit.
>too big
>no dipstick
>fake engine noise

Just shut up and buy a used cayman S for 30-40k

The Mustang is better for your timeframe. Its also NA with a better engine soundtrack.

>implying nuBMW is nearly as good as it was 12 years ago

Normally I'd say a BMW all the way, but if you're looking for a tried and true sports car, I'd get a GT350.

The BMW is going to try selling you triptronic bullshit. Sell you on tech. The GT350 is a much better value in my opinion, how high it revs, the displacement of the motor, hell this is the *most proper* drive train that ford has designed in a long time. 5.7L DOHC Flatplane 32V V8, with a 6 speed, LSD, and carbon fiber wheels on all 4 corners.

Neither

Isn't the price difference like 30k?
Is anyone seriously cross shopping for these cars lol

Ew, what a fucking shitbox.

Okay, let me begin by saying that the newest BMW I've ever owned is an E39, and an E46.

The unreliability memes are wrong.

That being said, you're looking at two cars in two different price ranges. I would prefer to own the M4 (I guarantee that it is the superior car in terms of feel) but the mustang is also almost as fun (maybe more fun if you're a V8 kiddie like me) and its cheaper to buy. In terms of upkeep, it depends on you. Do you do your own work? Then the M4 won't be that expensive. Do you let a mechanic fix your problems? The Mustang would be much cheaper on the long run. This is assuming that Canada is like the US, mechanics double their price for German cars because they know that most people here are suckers who buy into the memes and don't question it.

Honestly dude, just drive both and pick the one you like the most. When I was deciding between my most recent purchase (a 540i) and a 330ci, I knew that the 330ci was a bit faster stock and better around corners, but the feel of the V8 and the sensation of a heavier car sold me on the 540i, and I haven't had a shred of regret. Trust your preference and don't let other people project their shit on you. I'm a BMW fanboy, but I can understand completely when someone would just rather get a less complicated and more HP oriented car, because that's just as fun.

Both cars would make a good purchase. Don't sweat it and trust your heart.

Get yourself a nice Japanese car

Get the stang. This gen mustang is the best they have ever been. Can't say the same for the 4 series.

Mustang is better in every respect except for luxury

It is more reliable as well

I agree on.. everything.
But are you sure that the 330ci is faster? Maybe on corners, but i'm pretty sure the 540i destroys it on straight lines