/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, September 12th:
490 BC – Battle of Marathon: The conventionally accepted date for the Battle of Marathon. The Athenians and their Plataean allies, defeat the first Persian invasion force of Greece.
1213 – Albigensian Crusade: Simon de Montfort, 5th Earl of Leicester, defeats Peter II of Aragon at the Battle of Muret.
1683 – Austro-Ottoman War: Battle of Vienna – several European armies join forces to defeat the Ottoman Empire.
1919 – Adolf Hitler joins the German Workers' Party (later the Nazi Party).

>News
EU4 Rights of Man DLC announced

EU4 DD18/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-18th-of-august-2016.963425/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!IkNwBRKR!WI_JYByFpRFzXLx3d1uD2A

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V8
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cCdcev76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

GRANDE
BITTE
FRANÇAISE

Reminder that Companymod and Normandymod need to be removed from the archive for shitposting.

r8 autism

Give Germany Koenigsberg back and I promise that will be the extent of my dreams for the borders of the country.

>Give Germany Danzig back and I promise that will be the extent of my dreams for the borders of the country.

>Liberté
>Égalité
>Fraternité

I mean it though. I'm sure Uncle Adolf did too.

based and white

These are the conditions for zina. A woman being pregnant and not being married is considered proof of zina, being a known adulterer is another one. Being pregnant and the child having no known father is the last one.

I'm still considering what to do with a few things though. I think of 3 possible results: an unmarried unlanded zina is flogged, a married unlanded zina is stoned to death and any zina that is landed is examined by a Qadi, which will in turn decide the fate of the zina: Innocent, flogging, flogging and banishment or death.

That way a landed character has a chance to avoid dying if he makes a mistake.

So where's the option to do nothing?

You don't take any action? You don't need to imprison someone and start the process.

Do note that that will not stop your liege from taking action though. The way it works, if your wife or son don't commit zina and you don't punish them, your liege can still imprison and handle the punishment.

>if your wife or son don't commit zina
>don't
I mean commit zina

You might not want to do that for AI. It will tank performance quite harshly. SOP is only direct vassals and court for a reason.

Well shit.
What's SOP?

Actually the way it works a character needs to be imprisoned before the process start. When his zina becomes public, everyone in the realm gets an opinion modifier that allows imprisonment, but I'm assuming only lieges can actually enforce that. Once the character is imprisoned punishment can be handled. Does that still fuck the performance?

Standard operating procedure.Notice how game doen's bother to inform you about how you can imprison your vassal's vassal? It does the same for the AI. Tiered system limits amount of decisions greatly, reducing CPU load. If you say have an empire w/o tiered system, every time courtier commits zina you'd have up 4 (four, count, duke, king, emprah) AI characters make a decision on whether or not they should imprison /punish him. If the tiered system is in it is always only one. This might not seem like a big deal, but it expands pressure on performance geometrically with realm size.

Only punishment itself w/o imprisonment will probably not cause a noticeable dip, but I can't be certain, make sure you tell AI to ONLY pay attention to characters who are already imprisoned unless they are direct liege.

I'm not sure I get the last part.
The AI can ONLY execute the ones that they imprison. But they can imprison anyone below them.
I didn't find any way to modify the standard imprisonment rules and I'm making the game treat them as dishonorable through a modifier, but everyone gets that modifiers, so even if a courtier becomes a lord, he will still be able to imprison the zina. Anyone in the same realm will get the modifier, which means the emperor can imprison someone in a barony. But only the person who imprisoned the zina can execute justice.

Actually there are a few more restrictions, if you are a lover you don't get the modifier. Same thing if you aren't a muslim, and the executioner needs to be muslim. A non muslim that commits zina in a muslim court is still treated the same way though.

How does being a member of your liege's council work? I haven't been able to vote on anything. How can I tell what the other councillors want?

I gave this mission like two days ago. What the fuck are they waiting for? The weather has been consistently clear skies and both the planes and paratroopers were at max org when I issued the order.

I misunderstood your second post as saying that any liege can use punish zina on any imprisoned character under them.
Since this is not the case we are back to original point - AI, in vanilla, will under no circumstances, AFAIK, use "Imprison" on anyone who isn't their direct vassal/courtier. There might be an exception there somewhere for decadant dynasty members, but I know fuckall about muslim AI in base game, so can't be sure. But the problem remains the same - if you make AI Emperor care about every courtier under him (that can be hundreds) when making decisions about imprisonment, it will slow game down.

really noob to vic 2 and i can take a state from a weakened yunnan, will china attack me because I own their cores?

Alright then, it shouldn't cause a slowdown since punishment can only be handed to people that are your prisoners.

Of course.

You voting depends on what the council can vote on, set by the laws.

Both those mods were made years before the creation of that group. As far as I know 7 years and Liang got removed because it happened during or the mod was on hiatus and not abandoned unlike these two. And if you go back a couple of threads you can see that some user from the thread picked it up and is working on them now, so imo these two should stay.

Liang was made a long time before discord though.

"Direct" voting is only happens when a Law change get's proposed. Indirect voting (Anything from wars to executions, as determined by Council Laws) is determined by your stance on issues (you can set that, from Loyalist/Malcontent - always Yes/No respectively, to more detailed ones, read the tooltips), meaning you are treated as AI character with the same stance.

Yeah but it was on hiatus and the modder planned on coming back at some point. I think I remember him posting this year about it.

Oh, ffs, who gives a shit, if mods are decent let them be, if they are crap, why they are there in the first place. Shitposters happen, if those shitposters want to contribute - why not.

Would you say that it's better to fire the Call to union in 1860 or it's better to use the Redshirts?

Except the rules of /gsg/ clearly state that shitposters are not allowed to have mods in the OP.

I agree. Both Company and Normandymod were interesting concepts imo and I'm happy someone is continuing them. I hope newpoopan comes back soon too, the alt history scene is really shit these days and I'm getting tired of the historical autism desu.

Haven't been here since start of summer but since school is back is /gsg/ good?

no, grandiquor memeing will never die sadly

You, did not adress my primary argument with your response. Let me reiterate and expand the question. Who gives a shit and why? Are you that much of a bitter autist to proudly champion a pointless cause, are you really willing to descent level of people you so despise? Are you really so worried about couple extra files in the archive you want to start a new clusterfuck, like the one that got the old achieve sacked?

The rules have always been no shitposters in the OP.

pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>Our OP is usually reserved for mods made by our regulars (the non shitposter kind of regular)

Putting shitposter mods in the OP rewards shitposters and sets a dangerous precedent that will continue to attract them there. They deserve no platform of any kind.

>are you really willing to descent level of people you so despise?
>like the one that got the old achieve sacked?

Speak English, you idiot.

>The rules have always been

>Anonymous Image board
>Strict rules

Pick one

Rules are only as important and influential, as people who instituted them can enfroce them. You can't.

>Speak English, you idiot.
Cunt be arsed.

This just shows that you are new here. I had suspected it anyway. These are our rules. We aren't about to change them because some /v/ tourist like you starts crying and whinging.

But if these mods have a new modder, does it mean they can stay there? Or it only applies to the upcoming version that wasn't made by the shitposter?

If there's proof that there's a new modder then it can stay. But only if a new version comes out. Otherwise it could just be vapourware or a ploy by the shitposter.

>These are our rules. We aren't about to change them because some /v/ tourist like you starts crying and whinging.
This is Veeky Forums. There is no new/old/tourists, the posts must stand on their own, or the whole thing is pointless. Posts form culture, culture shapes communities. That's the primary reason why steam/discord groups on Veeky Forums are nonsense. What I see here is not a community proudly standing up for it's ideals, I see a guy with a stick up his ass.

What's newpoopan

You can make as many ridiculous demands as you want. Frankly, nobody cares what you see. We already have a culture and a working system in place. You were not present for the massive vickymod controversy which caused these rules to be put into place. You would change your tune quickly if you were.

>new/old/tourists
i would like to disagree and as proof I would like to present these posts your posts ITT

Fair enough. I think that user requesting the link two threads ago and posting a map of normandymod is enough evidence Napoleon's Legacy

You can follow a discussion chain. Congratulations.

you are still the newfag here lad

FUCK OFF GERMANY GO FIGHT STALIN

I have the Kaiser of the HRE's son and heir in my dungeon. I'm one of the Kaiser's vassals. DUBS DECIDES.

There are no dubs in Veeky Forums newfriend.

CKII noob here.

So, I created the Kingdom of Ireland but now it displays as "Kingdom of Eire" in the map and every screen.

Any idea why that happens?

have looked up what Eire is?

Newfags.

Holy shit I never noticed. W-why?

Some titles have special rules when held by this or that Culture/Religeon. In this case you are Irish, so is the name.

free from germanic taint as it should be

>free from Germanic taint
I bet you Dublin's still a county.

>Polan can into Russia
>Old slavic borders restored in germania
>Kebab removed from europe

Feels good kurwa

Is there anyway i can demote myself to king? I started as a nomad and i've seen ai settled nomads get demoted before.

so there aren't even more shitposts

how about you take some good land?
to scared to take the rich euro and indian lands? you look big but half your land is 1/1/1 development
get good pussy

make sure your highest title is king-tier and then settle, it's that easy lad

My borders are literally perfect. No need to change them.

A Veeky Forums board without dubs might as well be fucking Reddit. I'm out of here faggots.

the only perfect border is one that doesnt exist
take all the land you faggot, you arent even first place
you let the AI beat your bitch ass around

not possible unless im a vassal nomad

Ok let me be more specific, make sure you have no other emperor titles and your second highest title is nomad

Austria. Hungary. Stop. You're ruining the balkans

>400k units
>3k gold
>not just crushing them into the dirt

They have been good allies and they are also allied with austria. They touch greece though and it's WW1

What's the CK2 console command to change to another character?

I'm getting crashes every time I try selecting units when using the Big Square Frames mod. Any idea of what might be causing this ?

that's easy it's uninstall.exe or you can use the god damn wiki lad

Finally got the hang of CKII, but realized I'm thirsting for something more modern era. Between EUIII and IV, which gives the player more agency and specificity over how the government is run in regards to policies and national ideologies? My impression on reading up on both is that IV seems a bit more streamlined. Is that the case or is III just as streamlined as its successor? I did read the OP infographic, but I'd appreciate personal opinions from those who've played both, please. Or might Victoria II be better if I want to micromanage those parts of my nation?

add_trait imbecile

EU are games bout painting maps. EU3 has sliders, which are along the lines of what you are looking for, but simplistic AF. EU4 uses national ideologies, which when it comes down to it, boosts to this or that stat. All in all these are games about expanding your nation, not running it.
Vicky2 is about running a nation, you have quite a fine degree of control, and can spend the entire duration at peace for your first game, still finding shit to do.

EU is more about colonization and shieet so if you want something modern go for Vicky

>Still no Geheimsnacht 2.6.1

Should I play with the POP Demand mod or start vanilla until I get the hang of it?

white and based

I sure hope that the reaper's due performance fix makes it run less awfully, its done well for Lux Invicta

>the rules

Holy fucking christ, whose rules exactly?
Everyone has shitposted at some point, and the people in various gruppes are still a part of this thread, you can't just say they don't exist.

Anyway we have a new de-facto archive manager now.

qt

hmm i downloaded the latest HPM (0.3.5.5) but the pop changes in regards to commodities doesnt seem to be there.

for example it says farmers now have machine parts / steel / cement in their luxury needs but when i open up farmers.txt it isn't there

maybe i read it wrong, is this change not yet implemented or something?

The latest changelog doesn't say that though, he said he reverted a lot of the changes because they weren't working like he wanted

i meant the latest article on moddb, but thanks for the heads up

>pirated ck2
>had a fun campaign yesterday
>decided to start a new one today
>...
>game rules changed

i live alone. no i didn't delete anything in the documents or appdata folders. no i didn't do anything out of the ordinary on the computer. no i didn't change the rules myself.

it's extra funny because the rules didn't even go back to the original, they instead went to ai seduction: on and shattered retreat: on, with everything else being the way i left them.

i knew i should have blocked ck2 on the firewall. fucking jewhan is trolling me right?

Windows 10?

i just realized my troops can swim from ireland all the way to wales. nice one wiz.

nope, 7 masterrace.

> b-but calais to kent strait crossing is unrealistic

does relationship affect ai's willingness to declare war on you? would a neighbour king that would otherwise invade me think twice about it if we are friends or just have a high relationship?

talking about ck2 btw

Just give it time you newhoi3fag dumb nigger

You're a faggot