Studded vs Studless

Preferred winter tire?

>He fell for the winter tire meme

Blizzzzzzaks

>not realizing memes are real

I've actually been on bald tires for several years. I'm pretty good without studs, but it's noticeably less safe.

Studded, but I live in a pretty wintery place.

Studded is illegal here. Michelin ice x for me

winter tires are not a meme when you live in winter:the country

Studded tires are illegal here, as for the regular winter tires I don't have any preference, the only important thing is for them to be very soft and coat with snow when driving on the loose snow, the most important thing still is the skill of the driver and knowing the limitation of your car.

t; lives in mountains in eastern europe

All depends on the car, application, area and so on

Latest generation studless tires are amazing, and will work damned well in any winter scenario. Latest generation studded tires are super good on ice and in snow, but they wear out quicker, are louder, make your car use more fuel, are rougher on the roads and also therefore often restricted for use within certain time periods or just all together banned

Where I live I'll prefer the studded Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 due to the amount of roads that are covered in ice for half the year, mountain roads and so on, even though a set of studdless Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2's would do me just fine also

>rwd
>v8
>studded tires illegal here
>riding on maypops instead (may pop, may not)
>snow-covered-ice
>pizza delivery

Just scare me half to death senpai.

Studded is for ice.

Get good snow tires, especially if you drive something rear wheel drive or- more importantly- your commute has a lot of hilly ups-and-downs, like a rural area. If you live someplace where snow is common in the winter, you can't always count on the roads being plowed when you have to go to/get out of work, and having snows can mean the difference between cresting that hill and getting home or losing all traction halfway and sliding backwards into a snowy ditch.

Anyone who thinks snow tires are unnecessary or a meme lives in an area where they've never actually needed them.

Never had problems using regular winter tires, not even expensive ones.

This was my first year driving on winter roads and I cant believe how much of a difference snow tires make. Before I switched there were hills I just couldn't get over. Once I got stuck between two hills and had to crash and friends place until the plow came the next day.

Studded is for very specific and icy situations, I would recommend against driving on public roads the days they have real advantage over studless.

I live in the forest in a hilly area in Norway and use studless nokian r2 on my open diff rwd all winter. The days the ground is covered with thick ice you should put on chains anyway.

How long did you slide up and down before deciding to sleep over?

>it snows where he lives

Studless, I will have some chains for when it really gets bad.

4WD/AWD and non studded firestone winter force

I live in Michigan and have driven though 18+ inches of snow with firestone winter force's on my explorer with AWD

They only last 4 or 5 winters though, they are also good for driving on ice roads

Studded tires are illegal here

>he lives in a hot shithole

thats fucking beautiful. Where is that?

>living anywhere it has snow
Stay pleb rusty anons

all season studded master race

>Controlling where you were born

>not moving

>being that much of a pussy to move based on weather

>lived in Alaska

Yeah, no, studded tires are not a meme at all.

>not living in a 4-season climate

Kek Michigan.

>not living in 1.5 season master race

>living in the same weather all year

>wanting to live in frigid, rusty conditions
Why would anyone ever want this? Worst part of being alive, tbhfam.

Goodrich KO2.
staying on the road is for plebs.

Agreed, KO2 plebs need not apply.

winterforce is breddygud. i went studless since my town handles snow very quickly. I have been up my mountain road in 10" of snow with a 23* grade.

It's not the snow that kills, it's the salt. Learn before you burn, faggot.

>Willfully choosing to live a shittier life

Boom. Roasted

I prefer three months of snow to fucked up insects trying to drill eggs into my eyeballs while I'm asleep.

If you don't mind the crazy noise when not on snow, and they are legal in your state, studded is clearly superior.

Basically this. Studded doesn't hurt you when you aren't on ice, but in most places you will get pools of ice as things thaw and refreeze.

Driving an AWD car on studded is a thing of beauty when you watch all the soccer moms in their crossovers careening into ditches.

I legitimately hate the heat. I'm a northern celtic mutt. It can be 50F outside and I'll be wearing T Shirts and sandals. Anything past 75F and I sweat just sitting around. I went to texas once. I drank 3 gallons of water every day doing light walking, it was late may, and I still lost some water weight. I'm pretty sure I'd sit down in a low spot and then drown if I ever went there in July.

>Studded doesn't hurt you when you aren't on ice

They're made of harder rubber to support the studs, so they actually do hurt off-ice performance.

>shittier
>he's never done hektik winter skids

Haven't they come out with some composite studded tires?

Fuck that, I hate winter. Shitty and cold and dark. I just want to drink booze and sleep in winter.

Studless

I like my Glacier Grip II's, but it's hard to beat the value of Winter Force's.

You don't know shit. Gains from studs beat the shit out of studless and more than rubber stiffness, the pattern + pattern depth matters when on snow. On ice you want the studs and this is coming from someone who drives 6 months out of the year on ice and snow with multiple different vehicles.

>You don't know shit

Nice argument mister hardcore

>Thinking you're the only one to ever to live and drive in a cold climate

Nice counter-argument, bruhizzle.