Despite the obvious fact, that everyone on this board is utterly piss poor, i am gonna ask this

Despite the obvious fact, that everyone on this board is utterly piss poor, i am gonna ask this.

Has anyone experience with koni yellow adjustables?

Are they way harder than the stock shocks?
Does the adjusting actually do anything noticably, or is it a gimmicky feauture?
Is it true you can rebuild them?
How is your overall experiece with them, if you have them in your..whatever honda del sol.

Are there other noteworthy alternatives in the same prive range? I dont want coilovers.

>Does the adjusting actually do anything noticably, or is it a gimmicky feauture?
Yes very noticeable
>Is it true you can rebuild them?
Never tried to but it seemed like they could be taken apart easily
>How is your overall experiece with them
Great. Would buy again
>
Are there other noteworthy alternatives in the same prive range?
Tokico makes good stuff too.
Had some on my AW11 that i loved.
>dont want coilovers
I agree. Expensive for a disposable item

I had Tokico's on an old car. You can only adjust the compression and not the rebound, or maybe they are tied together. Was nice to go from stiff ride to smooth for trips. Overall would buy again versus an OEM strut but an absolute joke after I bought a sport bike and learned about fully adjustable suspension.

I've got Koni adjustables on my DD.

>Are they way harder than the stock shocks?
They have significantly more damping.

>Does the adjusting actually do anything noticably, or is it a gimmicky feauture?
You can adjust rebound damping, the adjustment has a limited effect on compression damping (almost none). It is not a gimmick, but you won't see any benefits if you don't know what you're adjusting and don't have springs stiff enough that your stock shocks leave you underdamped.

You can have a shop rebuild them, even custom valve and adjust them for a given effective spring rate (this requires math involving the suspension geometry if the springs aren't over the shock, like on trailing arm suspension)

>How is your overall experiece with them, if you have them in your..whatever honda del sol.
I love them. My spring rates are stiffer than stock by 280%/145% (front/rear), with a little trial and error adjustment the ride is just how I wanted it, with no bounce.

>Are there other noteworthy alternatives in the same prive range?
Depends on the car, not for mine.

Do you plan on getting just the dampers, or do you plan on getting different springs with them?

Overdamping a car is just as bad as it being underdamped, just FYI

fuck off nigger those arent penske shocks

you are not rich just because you bought shocks that are like 150 a piece tops and the most rudimentary adjustability

wow someone's ass is full of sand. Pissed off that you can't afford to spend $150/corner on shocks m8?

I had them on my ls1 camaro. Handled a lot better, drove a lot rougher. Didn't do any adjusting for what it's worth though. Definitely firmed up the ride.

No, but speaking of shocks, I'll be replacing my front struts with monroe quick struts. I've heard some mixed reviews but I bought them anyway cause they had a rebate special.

Does anyone here have experience with them?

>everyone on here is poor
>except for me because I can afford fucking koni yellows
are you serious dude?

>Koni Yellows
>Second cheapest shocks Koni sells
>Literally less money than a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese coilovers everyone else gets like D2s/ISCs/Megan Racing
>Somehow a sign of wealth

OP doesn't know shit until he's spent $1000 a corner on ASTs/JRZs/Penskes/Motons/Revalved Fully Adjustable Konis

Just looked at them and they are about 250$ a corner. They are only worth it if you are doing high performance driving. If you are street driving a corolla pass. Why do you want adjustable shocks?

i bought koni kellows to go with my tein s lowering springs

they were shit

i blew them out driving on east cleveland roads at 80 mph

bullshit that these things are advertised as performance

>i blew them out driving on east cleveland roads at 80 mph
Lemme guess
>inadequate bump stops
or
>no dust boots
Which was it?

I have them on my chump car, they're fine

I'm gonna put 35 mm lowering springs on as well, which are stiffer too

I was making a joke, you fucking retards, given your reaction you guys really are fucking poor kek

>"I-I-I was only pretending!"
no you actually thought you were a baller because you could afford koni yellows lmao

beat me to it kek

In all honesty, who really makes the best performance suspension?

Ohlins if you want ze germans and want something like the big bois (Lamborghini and Porsche use em IIRC)

Penske I guess is good but a big brand name like that spooks me

H&R if you're a 20 something living in germany and want your POS e30 to run like a madman on the 'ring

Koni
Bilstein
Ohlins
JRZ
ASTs
Penske
Moton
Showa

It builds character city boi.

KW
Bilstein
Koni
Öhlins

Öhlins is Swedish.

Remember, you will gain way more performance with tires than shocks.

Only do suspension work if you will bother to put good tires on your car.

>Has anyone experience with koni yellow adjustables?
Yes
>Are they way harder than the stock shocks?
Yes
They go from way to hard to back breaking, so a both noticeable and useless gimmick in reality.
Yes but I ditched them for KW V3s because I couldn't stand the ride and I haven't looked back.