Girlfriend drives a Yaris

>girlfriend drives a Yaris
>headlight bulb goes out
>I tell her no problem, I have a few H7s in my trunk, I'll replace it in a minute
>pop up the hood
>there is 0.5 inch of space behind the headlight
>I can feel some weird rubber at the back side of it and nothing else
>feel like a retard, google how to change a lightbulb in a Yaris
>Step 1: - loosen 10 screws and remove the front bumper
>...
>Step 12: Calibrate the headlights
>mfw

I can't even change a lightbulb anymore without requiring a garage
What the fuck, Japs?

Is that the way it is now or are some cars still made user serviceable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywlOIbxsMxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just stop pretending in front of your gf like you know how to fix cars and take it to the mechanic

>so terrible at wrenching he cant even change a headlight bulb

I'm fixing my old BMW allright.
And I never required a garage for anything, except soldering a new exhaust pipe. The rest is done with minimum effort with 1 wrench, 1 screwdriver and bare hands.

Had to change my gfs Kia shitbox lightbulbs in 10 degree weather and you need tiny Korean hands to get into that shit to change.

>soldering a new exhaust pipe.
Sounds like you know exactly what you're talking about. Don't need our help.

I never asked for help

You should have, I've never had to remove yaris headlights to change the bulbs.

>except soldering a new exhaust pipe.
Hope you at least used 70% lead, 30% tin

To be fair, they are designing cars to be only serviced by "qualified" technicians.

Are we talking about the same yaris? Because I couldn't fit my hand behind the headlight, let alone reach the clamps inside it.

Do you have tiny hands japanese hands with very long fingers?

Any yaris. Not trolling, just need a bit patience user. And I've got finest British beef sausage fingers.

>>tfw have to get manlet neighbor to help work on some cars because my baseball kit hands won't fit in some spaces.

>Danny Dorito
Does he drive an RX7?

He does when it actually has compression.

> Bitches about 10 screws.

Things don't get exciting until then.

Have you tried reading the fucking manual, guy?

No. He actually drives a Chevy Volt.

So basically your gf's lights went out, you wanted to seem cool by replacing them only you've never actually done it before. When you realize you are too stupid to replace it and can't follow more than 3 steps you give up, cry, and blame the manufacturer?

Headlight replacement has always required something like that.
>wtf Japs
>why can't you be like the Germans and make me remove the front bumper AND the radiator to swap the headlight

>Headlight replacement has always required something like that.
Full retard

First of all a yaris doesn't take an H7 bulb fuck wit. Secondly you don't need to loosen any screws or take out anything. Reach your fat manlet hand behind there and remove the rubber boot covering the headlight the there's a retaining clip push in and down, it will un clip. Then remove headlight and rinse and repeat

My mechanic says manufacturers are trying to make it so the car just gets replaced instead of repaired when something goes wrong. He had to attend a class on new a/c systems. Said its a sealed system with lube for the pump in the gas lines. You don't add gas to it, if it leaks the pump will fry within minutes and the whole system has to be replaced.

>"they sure don't make them like my old 4 speed shitbox that doesn't even have power steering or ecoboost! Cas these das are soooooo hard to work on! Your meed to be a rocket sugeon just to pop the hood!"
Consider a different hobby if you're too stupid to swap even a headlight.
>all I need to swap the lights on my bmw is a screwdriver a wrench and about 12 hours to figure out what go do

With most manufacturers offering 5 year warranties it doesn't even make sense.

My car started having weird noises in the transmission, so I made them replace the whole transmission. The dealer was happy to, because they get paid by the central office. After only 2 years the oil started leaking, so now I will have them take the engine out to fix it.

So why would they do that?

No real car, and by real I mean German or American requires loosening a single screw to replace a light bulb.

>ecoboost
>ever viable
Top koks m8

Did you really just say that

Wrong. I've swapped headlight housings and bulbs on my friends 90's lumina and another friends audi (housing not bulb). They both required more than "a single screw" to be undone.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about and are furious that your gf had to take her yaris to her mechanic Jose

Now I know you're lying, because Audi light bulbs are help in place by a cat you twist with your fingers. Same as VW, same as Porsche.

I had to remove the battery to replace my turn signal and flood light. I did it in the AutoZone parking lot.

>(housing not bulb)
nice reading comprehension dumbass. Retarded comments like that are expected from BMW owners so don't worry I won't give you shit for it.

Yeah bro I just twisted off the housing and twisted on the new one, jackass...

>soldering an exhaust pipe
There is absolutely no reason to question your expertise.

Toyota doesn't give a care. No one changes a headlight bulb before they buy the car right?

When I had a Trailblazer, the official way to change the bulb involved removing the grille and the entire headlight assembly.

But that's fucking retarded so I just reached back behind the assembly and replaced the bulb the right way.

>swap headlight
It's changing a bulb, dickhead, and well designed cars allow you to do this without removing the headlight.

>loosening a single screw to replace a light bulb.
>(housing not bulb).

nice reading comprehension dumbass

Get a motorcycle

>have AW11
>replacing headlights
>literally just lock headlights up
>undo four screws holding on the light cover
>cover comes off and slides down under the light
>4 screws to remove headlight holder bracket
>pop light out
>pop new light in
>do process in reverse

If you're gonna buy jap cars buy old ones.

Still pretty tedious.

My kia requires two screws unscrewed total

I'm so fucking glad this kind of unqualified DIY shit is banned in Europe

It's not banned. Why would it be banned?

>pop hood
>twist the connector on the back of the headlight 90 degrees
>bulb pops out the back
who /no tools/ here?

Because TÜV would fuck you for it, thank God

And yes Europe is basically just Germany at this point

But I am from Germany. And I got my TÜV no questions asked. I also have wheel spacers and rolled arches.

Yeah.
>Remove rubber boot
>Remove connector
>Remove retaining clip

Changing the front pads requires a jack and tire iron.

And the rear shoes can be done with OEM tools from the kit.

>soldering
Heißt Löten. Du hast da aber eine MIG/MAG-Schweißnaht. Deswegen wirkte es auf jemand anderen hurrdurr-DIY.

Ford Mondeo?
same way, also in the back I just pop the trunk open and slide the cover then remove the holder and twist the bulb/s 90 degrees and change them.

>Have to change lights once every year to few years
>having to undo and redo 8 screws per light is too tedious.

I dunno man, having to do 5-10 minutes MAX per light every few years or so isn't really that much.

Nope. Toyota.

Right. I have a bmw series from the late 90's and you can pop the headlights out (or pretty much anything in the engine bay) with 1 tool and bare hands.

Just shut the fuck up.

>Chevrolet
>Audi

Obviously you're doing something wrong, and know jack fucking shit about car maintenance. If you had any scrap of sense, you would know that audi are by far the worst of the German (if not the world) manufacturers at this sort of shit. The lumina is an american shitbox that is about as well engineered as the ancient hunks of pig iron they call an engine, american auto makers are fucking retards.

Also, I love how you so confidently said 'wrong' as if you're a 40 years of experience mechanic who just heard someone say that a ford f-150 is chain driven and has 32 cylinders. You're not. You're a NEET who browses Veeky Forums, and drives a honda. You made up your 'friends' so that you can argue with other losers on the internet instead of getting a job or any pussy. I bet you squirm in your chair and shit yourself everytime you read that someone has argued with you, and you've been completely BTFO by someone who lives in a desert full of kangaroos.

Do us all a favour and drink bleach.

The engine is in the engine bay can you replace that with one tool? Hard mode, one tool doesn't include you.

>cries about a few screws

Get on my level faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ywlOIbxsMxU
>part2

whut, my gfs mom has a yaris, first of its an h4 bulb and second of all you have to pull the rubber off, this is a weather protection for the headlights electrics. literally pull of rubber switch bulb put rubber back on its like people dont even know how to do anything these days

Hey now! Audi makes pretty easily serviceable cars, at least their older cars were the epitome of easy. Having worked on the never B7 lineup of both A4 and Passat, they don't differ from the ordinary that much.

>I'm fixing my old BMW allright.
> can't even change a lightbulb anymore without requiring a garage
>soldering a new exhaust pipe

Whew Lad

Pls teach how into sick soldering skillz plz

>Neighbor comes over and ask if I can fix her headlight
>Sure
>HHR
>Think this will be quick
>Pop Hood
>Can't get to lights from the engine bay
>Have to remove the wheel wheel cover to get to the headlights

Fuck chevy.

>XDD WOW IM SO GLAD MY COUNTRY IS A SHITTY NANNY STATE, WOO I CERTAINLY CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO LOOK AFTER AND MAINTAIN MY OWN STUFF
>PLS GIB MORE REFUGEE COCK MERKEL

Yea admittedly if I want to change my bulbs or headlights all together I have to pretty much drop my fascia on my 5th gen

Fortunately it's still not that hard of a job to do on your own

Still, why screws? I've owned only volvos, I'm on number 4 now, and its just a plastic cap you turn 90 degrees and pop the hinge for the light. Takes a minute to switch bulbs.

Nope, nigger not all of europe, just cucked places like germany and other places where people can't be trusted.

We've welded my friends exhaust with sheet metal and shit to cover holes just to get it to pass the inspection. Gonna go weld my own exhaust soon too, CE markings don't matter if it works like CE approved.

>battery dies in piece of shit audi

no probs, take battery out and stick it on a charger

>takes like half a fucking hour as its held in on some gay as hell rails system and requires a super long wrench

This was not fun when I had to do mine. Broke a few bolts but whatever then bumper is still held into place.