If I'm used to driving weak RWD cars and I bought a "performance" car...

If I'm used to driving weak RWD cars and I bought a "performance" car, would I notice anything other than more acceleration? Or would I be trying to keep the thing on the road all the time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1L4EnFTN1lo
youtube.com/watch?v=0lJILEMQqO4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How good is your impulse control?

Yiu amd the majority of Veeky Forums are stupid and couldn't tell the difference between driving RWD and driving FWD

>hey guys will I be able to notice an increase in horsepower and torque?
Are you an idiot?

>driving for lunch with boss
>drive rwd car in winter
>drift into empty parking at 15kmph(10mph)
>boss asks me how i did that so fluidly without the handbrake
>mfw he cant into rwd

My first car was an auto E39 528i, I just bought a manual E49 540i.

It's a huge difference. I've been enjoying driving a lot more, I feel a lot more invested in my driving because of the transmission, but I also enjoy accelerating from a green because of the power of my engine.

That's just coming from an already sporty feeling car. If you're coming from an econobox, it will make a huge difference. Unless you're a shit driver and can't push a car more than a grandma.

I mean, does a car with a big V8 just feel like a faster/quicker version of a smaller car, or do you live on the edge of sending yourself sideways into a tree during the daily commute?

Performance cars usually come with better chassis, suspension, tires etc so the car will feel more planted and controllable, until you give it too much gas and slide into a tree

If your talking like base ecofag mustang vs v8 mustang, it would pretty much just feel like a faster version of the same car.

See
A pigfat boat with an anemic V8 can still send you spinning if you punch it while turning or in low-traction conditions. The better your power:weight ratio gets, the easier it is to lose control. That doesn't mean every mile is a fight for your life, it means you get less and less margin of error during those moments when the little voice in the back of your head tells you to do a burnout or slide around a turn.

RWD is objectively superior right?

Generally, but take into account the drivetrain layout. FF cars have a worse weight distribution compared to RWD cars because everything is up front. RWD is more balanced, unless you are RR (rear engine real wheel drive), in which case prepare to allahu ackbar when you let off the gas mid corner.

>it means you get less and less margin of error during those moments when the little voice in the back of your head tells you to do a burnout or slide around a turn.

That's what I like about driving a Miata. You can go pedal-to-the-floor full-hoon all day long and at worst you'll hang the ass out around a turn.

But I might be buying an '04 Mustang GT and I'm well ware I'll have to dial that shit back.

Partially cuz of the motor partially cuz that thing handles like shit

Do Mustangs actually handle poorly in general (like worse than a 2000 Camry or whatever) or just bad for a modern high performance car?

the needs for weight distribution are entirely different for drivetrains user
50/50 is not a universal positive
>thinks RWD is better than FWD
Oh ok you're an idiot

the '04 isn't too bad. it has the 3 link rear suspension with is a good improvement from the foxbody's 4 link.

If the suspension and tires are in good condition then it should be fine.

It's a meme. They don't handle like Miatas obviously but they're much better than something like a modern Challenger.

a mustank?
What can you tell us about the driving dynamics of the mustank. Post the video of you crashing bro
youtube.com/watch?v=1L4EnFTN1lo

Throttle control is important. And keep in mind that the car is fairly heavy and soft so it won't be flicked around like a go kart miata

>the '04 isn't too bad. it has the 3 link rear suspension

wat

>throttle control is important

This

Sometimes less is more.

Youtube versio?

this is cringe as fuck, what do these morons know about cars???????? like hol shit? how do they have a license and own a mustang if they don't know what the thing is capable of?

What're all these videos from? It's the same road with hundreds of Mustangs crashing on it.

its just north of myrtle beach during mustang week

What're New Edge GTs worth anyway?

>stall
I feel his pain

>the one where the Mustang's rear axle literally flies off

Feels faster becase muh torque throws you back in your seat. But it gives out after about a second or two, unless you have a very big/powerful engine.

I drove a 2004 4.6 manual mustang and it was great but kicked the back end out if you tried too hard.

>its just north of myrtle beach during mustang week

>bodies stacked like cordwood

where do you mongs get this bs info from?

I like how they keep driving as if nothing happened

>a "performance" car

A good one or a domestic?

youtube.com/watch?v=0lJILEMQqO4