/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>Nuka World Collectibles Guides
>SCAV! Mags
imgur.com/a/caZVa
>Nuka Recipes
imgur.com/a/iyZy4
>Starcores
imgur.com/a/y4EMu
>Medallions
imgur.com/a/Fg9IT
>Cappys
imgur.com/a/B0PrB

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3294/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17717/?
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Third_Era
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18338/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for bad monitors can still look good with the right shaders

Post characters.

What the fuck is that mask?

10 minutes of boredom and no cares

This is the only ENB anyone should ever use for F4.
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3294/?

The darker contrast is with the ENB on because I picked the dark overlay version to go with darker nights.

Sorry for old screenshot, at work and got some time to myself

Post Kerbals!

muh gasmasks

I should really make at least one male character

But then I would have six

Reminds me of my soda jerk in vault 88.

Go shitpost on /egg/

I fully agree, user. I'm using it too.

Because I was the one who recommended it to you. :^)

Why do her legs look like they're attached to her sides?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17717/?

Old character from before I started a psycho melee raider play through.

You're just racist

It's because of the way her pants are cut.

>Obese Curie
Why?

sorry, my dude. can't help myself.

Efface ça.

>Feminist Curie
All she needs now are some glasses...

Nope, from morrowind to oblivion was 5 years

Daggerfall took ALMOST 15 FUCKING YEARS TO CONCLUDE!

>uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Third_Era

>play neutral character
>just spent 1 million hours building houses, making things ok for normal folk
>go to nuka world
>be ok with the gangs slave policy, idc as long as you keep that shit here
>refuse to read endings bc roleplaying as far as that's possible
>built relationship with gage
>understand his motives
>starts some shit about moving to the commonwealth
>hell naw not my settlements, raid something else
>guess Ill deal with this later
>make sure to max out charisma for later speech checks to convince raiders to stay the fuck in nuka world
>clear nuka world for these assholes
>allready 2000% improvement over last overboss
>assign each gang 2 territories, except disciples, they only get kiddieworld because they act way too tough around me, can't wait to kill them if they feel neglected
>the point is there to progress the plot
>talk to shank
>raid your own settlements, on which you spent so much time to make them comfy for your followers
>kill all the guards you so tediously collected uniforms for
>the fuck are you asking for after I gave all of you some territory
>check all dialogue options
>classic
>yes, no (yes), more information, who are you
>the only other alternative is kill everybody in nuka world
seriously bethesda
I know people wanted to get into a raider gang, I did so with my evil character, but leaving out ANY form of a neutral choice perfectly reflects the lazy way in which bethesda executes it's fanbase's ideas. It's like they say "ugh, fine, people wanted to become raiders, here you go", and called it a day
this is the exact point at which I let all hopes fare
Up untill the choice of "Kill all raiders" VS "Kill your own people" it was pretty much fine, it had somewhat redeemed the horrible writing of the main game
But after this it has become some sort of perverse comedy to see how low they can sink
cant wait for elder scrolls VI

The beginning of Arena to the end of Oblivion was only like what? 44 years?

Only skyrim and Redguard had any large amount of time variations.

Skyrim is OFC 200 years in the future, and Redguard is like 300 years in the past.

>people complain that Bethesda does not give out real consequences for your actions
>they finally pull through and give you an ultimatum of being evil or being goody two shoes
>hurrdurr I want my raiders and my settlements

I love you user

>but leaving out ANY form of a neutral choice perfectly reflects the lazy way in which bethesda executes it's fanbase's ideas
Except its not lazy, it doesn't make sense for there to be a neutral option.

A neutral option is Nuka world would be like a Neutral option in New Vegas where House, the NCR, and Legion all share the Mojave.

It doesn't make sense.

The Nuka world raiders tell you from the beginning they want Nuka world as a base so they can expand out, theres no logical way for you to dissuade them from that.

sometimes i wish i had a super sekrit personal edit don't touch special mod™ that i can make everyone at /fog/ jealous of

What outfit?

>Marie Rose
>Has no real personality
>People only like her because shes a "legal loli"
Everyone from that cancerous game series needs to die

>There still isn't a low intelligence speech mod
>You can't tell the Institute you are scientistic
>You can't tell Cito you have some men have evil spirits, but you have dumb spirits
>ICE CREAM will never unlock a terminal
>You will never have unique low intelligence events
This and the lack of Wild Wasteland makes me sad...

>There still isn't a low intelligence speech mod

my first character was 1INT in hopes of some low INT dialogue.

Wild Wasteland shouldn't exist at all.

That stuff should either be in the game, or not at all.

Fallout 1/2 didn't need to hide their goofy as shit easter eggs behind a perk

forcing people to two extremes does not equal real consequences for their actions
It just means not having to write another ending
I really dug how the witcher tackles these kind of things; you can't really foresee what's going to happen, but at the point of decision, you're gonna have to go with your gut
So maybe if your intentions are good you can still make the bad choice and watch shit go south, which makes for way more interesting roleplaying IMO
fallout just gives you the choice between destroying one of two things you spent energy and devotion to, which is supposed to be le tuff RP choice I guess
my point being, the choice to be neutral has to be there, but the outcome doesn't have to be transparant, that is what makes it interesting for me

>Can't use shit like pipe wrench, tire iron and blow torch to actually salvage stuff

The salvage system could have been so much more in depth. The injury system too.

>No Groin or Eyes in VATS

>No shooting their weapon in VATS

>my point being, the choice to be neutral has to be there
Not him, but no it doesn't, especially when a neutral ending doesn't make sense in the context

Starting an F4 reinstall from scratch. What weapon mods should I use with leveled lists and balanced stats? As in not overpowered and not available too early on?

>That stuff should either be in the game, or not at all
Or, and this is going to sound weird, why not allow the player to choose? That way people like you won't have to deal with "goofy as shit easter eggs" while those who enjoy them can have them.

you commented while I was typing this
I still wanna react tho: like I said in my response, fallout fucks it up at the point you have to make a choice between two things you have invested in, and by the fact that all of the choices are pretty much transparant. Real choices often are not; in real life dilemma's, the good choice could go wrong if you failed to notice a crucial element in your "playthrough", for example. Trying to mediate things between the gangs and the commonwealth could work if you've done enough X during your playthrough, but it could backfire if you consistently fucked it up during your playthrough
Beth just gives you a binary choice, the outcomes of which are depending on nothing but the choice you make at that moment
It in no way resembles real choices; it artificially simulates "tough" choices by making you choose between two things you invested energy and devotion in

>still no animated melee groin attacks

>no targeted VATS melee

Sure the witcher had better writing and choices but you're ignoring the context here. You're asking why you can't join raiders which are essentially violent bandits at best and make them not raid settlements. They exist to raid people. A neutral option wouldn't make sense because if you tried to stop them from attacking settlements they would turn on you. And you don't have to take your own settlements, unless for some reason you had captured and built up every fucking settlement in the game

Except there is a neutral choice in Nuka World; not getting involved. After all, the title of Overboss holds no value to you as an outsider and there's nothing forcing you to pick sides.

Real choices are also not always so obscured.

While not all choices in real life are 100% obvious in their consequences, most are pretty easy to figure out.

The choice is binary because it logically would be, the raider gangs have no reason to change course, and the settlements of the Commonwealth have no reason to just accept it.

yes it does
If a neutral ending makes no sense, but the neutral player tries to enforce his will anyway, the result should be punitive towards the player for ignoring the context cues that the raiders REALLY want to. For example, the raiders ignore your command, go to the commonwealth anyway, and both the minutemen and the raiders are hostile to you for fucking it up
This doesn't mean bethesda should implement any possible combination of choice possible in a situation like that; but diversity exceeding a binary choice only by a little would have sufficed.

Cybernetics with Kellogs shoulderpads, simple leg cybernetics and raider chest piece

It would be so cool if they had implemented special animations for melee criticals for each part of the body.

Oh well

THIS! What's the point if having melee weapons that deal additional limb damage when you cant even target their limbs.
>Inb4 aim yourself, I want to use dem crits

> For example, the raiders ignore your command, go to the commonwealth anyway, and both the minutemen and the raiders are hostile to you for fucking it up
That would be a completely arbitrary ending that serves no purpose.

You also ignore the fact that game time is effectively frozen until you chose to do something.

Meaning such a situation would be impossible.

I agree, they shoudn't, but like I said in the player should have more options to go for, even if it means shit gets worse
For my neutral character, the choice between killing the raiders I've been helping VS the people I've been helping makes no sense at all; him being a weak ass pussy and try to negotiate his way out of this should be an option, even if it leads to total failure

>no purpose
wrong. it would show you that you need to make decisions, or get fucked. Now you can't end the game with the minutemen or the raiders
at least those would be "real" decision that have consequences
Or, the neutral way would work out if you payed attention to a fairly noticeable but not overly obvious decision point earlier on
which would basically make it a reward if you pay attention or punishment if you don't
That's not pointless in normal RPG's

Or just walk away so you don't have to make a choice and explore Nuka World instead? There's nothing forcing you to take sides other than the meaningless title of Overboss they gave you.

>Now you can't end the game with the minutemen or the raiders
Which would be completely stupid because if you refused to side with the raiders in raiding The Commonwealth, Preston would have no reason to hate you. Just like he has no reason to hate you helping them take over Nuka world, since they aren't doing anything to The commonwealth by doing that.

I can't restore the power unless I make a decision
checked btw

I made that example up in mere seconds to make a point
You'd reckon Bethesda had a little more time and resources on their hands to create some more choice variety right?
It's basically 5 clear dungeon, fetch X quests and then a choice who to betray

Well, there sort of are.

But not a lot of people use buzzblades.

>mod to stomp near death enemie's heads in as a finisherwhilst in PA when?

m150

m150 confirmed GOAT

>InstitutePowerArmor by m
>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18315/?

Bethesda wouldn't make a situation like that just to make a situation like that.

They aren't going to arbitrary force some idiotic attempted though choice on the player unless its absolutely needed for the plot.

>Generalized Occupational Aptitude Test
what?

I love it but the lights are way too bright

Every time i get close to the Nuka World transit place it crashes to desktop instantly
PLS SEND HELP
all i wanted was to start the game as a raider

Glad you found that one, but there's another one hidden in the ironworks that might be what you're REALLY looking for.

Any good armor/clothes mod that isn't female only?

gonna need some more thank that friendo. What mods are you using first of all?

You realize that "Fear No Anvil" is a Homestuck reference right

Oh look, it's this question again. If only there was some kind of service that could search a worldwide series of computers that are connected to each other for specific keywords...

g u n

that would be cool

Are the textures for this mod decent? The potato quality screenshots on the mod page got me thinking twice about downloading

Gee, I had no idea.

I found it shortly afterwards. What armor are you supposed to use with it?

Also, in hindsight, using the Missile Launcher inside the Sub was a predictable mistake.

For some reason I thought it would be like a normal shotgun, not a missile shotgun

I've also got the rifle from the Musem of Freedom, was there anything else there? :^)

>absolutely needed for the plot
but there lies the prevailing problem doesn't it? They have set out the track and do not stray from it; resulting in a linear shooter ironically put in a open world package with 1 (one) dichotomy choice at the end, superficially deepened by the choice of 1 of 3 types of bad guys (whose investment in which has only been established by radiant quests)
The plot was set, the choices are fixed
No roleplaying whatsoever

Is Rodd Howard working as intended?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18338/

:-)

CROSS?

Not him but I think it looks good enough

not sure what could be causing it i have the Nuka World patches for all of the ones that need it.

It deals fire damage, so go from there.
Nope, only one item there, but there's other stuff nearby, around Concord and Sanctuary. Really, the issue is that the game is SO HUGE, even with 35 new uniques I feel like I've filled in maybe 20%.

Why do you say that?
It's not like Todd would, you know, LIE about his game or anything?

RUBBER SHOES IN LOTION

You have made me very sad

Rodd Howard is a cool weapon but it's garbage

Forget your question, why haven't you played Far Harbour yet?

Gee, reminds me of a game I've played that looked cool at first but turned out to be garbage.

Several, really.

i honestly don't feel like dicking around with ham handed "we wuz robots an sheit" from bethesda

You don't have many so it wont take you long to test. Go through them one by one till you find the cause. Its the best way to find out.

That isn't Far Harbour at all.

Is there a mod that adds luck based crits back into the game? The vats only critical hits are what disappointed me the most about fallout 4.

come to think of it, I have a small thing to add:
think of fallout new vegas as a hallway
It has lots of doors
some doors lead to new hallways, others lead to a dead end
Within those new hallways, there are more doors
Some of which will lead to their own, unique end, some of which will bring you to a different branch of hallways, or even back to your original one
Now imagine Nuka world's hallway
It's a hallway, with two doors in it.
the end.

What Sanctuary mod is that?