Any reason to get an RS over STI?

Any reason to get an RS over STI?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eEQ0zwsAX4s
mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/real-reason-people-breaking-rods-33010/
autoweek.com/article/car-news/you-break-it-you-buy-it-whether-abuse-or-autocrossing-most-automakers-are-not
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both are terrible build quality.
But at least subaru is a more honest company

looks better too and more practical

>i ride the bus but give out opinions on Veeky Forums

Pros:
Faster
Hatchback

Cons:
More expensive
Unknown reliability

Pros:
Better fuel economy. The STIs fuel consumption isn't up to date, but this may not concern you.

Cons:
I think the RS has some weird features which would make upgrades more difficult. The STI should be simpler overall but I may be wrong.

Why not get an RSTi?

Better handling
Much better build quality and long term reliability
Capability for more power
More practical

do people actually give a fuck about how honest a company is? Jesus, just kill yourself

People with self respect do.

RS had glass diff and tranny and some awful interior. Design is subjective but the RS with that huge angry meme looking front grille looks disgusting.

STI is a shitty chassis and some bland garbage.

I'd get neither.

I'd get an STI because the rear of the RS looks ugly to me

Get both or get neither.
You'll never be happy if you push ultimatums on yourself.

You could also actually build a fast car yourself.

>Sedan
>More practical than a hatchback

i'd buy it for the looks, the additional horsepower, it's a hatchback, there's a lot of exclusivity, an there will be a huge ford-driven aftermarket

you don't buy anything with a big turbo and sticky tires for its reliability, ask anyone who bought a mazdaspeed

There's a reason why Ford has the nickname "Fix or repair daily".

>ask anyone who bought a mazdaspeed

As a person who hangs out with a ton of mazdaspeed guys. This makes no sense.

obviously you haven't browsed any of the forums

they were a headache for a lot of people, but for the 80% of the time that they ran well, they were awesome to own

I'd get the rs because of the sti styling fuck up. I just cant forgive subaru

I have browsed forums.
99% of issues are caused by retarded owners

Just get a Subaru NR4

youtube.com/watch?v=eEQ0zwsAX4s

obviously not enough

mazdaspeedforums.org/forum/f10/real-reason-people-breaking-rods-33010/

they were caused by bad design

Doesn't the STI have the same fucking engine from it's 2004 model?

Don't a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, say the new WRX is superior with just a few bolt ons?

t. don't know much about subarus fag

>Any reason to get an RS over STI?
It's the newer, more advanced car with more power from the factory at a similar price. Maybe it drinks a little less than STi too.

With the STi you're buying the same thing you bought a decade ago in a fatter body. However, buying a used STi is like walking blind through a mine field. New for new and stock for stock the RS beats the STi, but the aftermarket for the STi is huge (and well established) stock power means little. The RS is also a limited run, which means limited spare parts and less of a community around it.

tl;dr;
>RS for more snowflake, STi for sicker mawds
>not even the best looking Focus
>not even the best rally-oriented Ford

>The pure MECHANICAL design of the rods and motor is fine for the power levels we are making on these engines
>In order for the stock bottom end to stay in one, change the stock tune so that you don't hit 21psi at 2800 RPM
Stock is 15psi. So retarded owners
>at stock power 1% of cars blow. At 50% over stock power 4% of cars blow. At 100% over stock power 40% of cars blow - etc.
>conclusion
Retarded owners

>Don't a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, say the new WRX is superior with just a few bolt ons?
A lot of people say a lot of shit. The FA20T is the newer (and better) engine but the STi handles punishment far better than the WRX could hope to. That isn't to say that the WRX tranny is weak but it will die quicker after being launched from every red light.

>Retarded owners
This tends to be the problem for most affordable sports cars.

WRX STis also have a nasty habit of blowing up from a few mods, the difference between 300whp and 400whp is a full engine build (new pistons/rods, oil pickup, turbo, headwork).

While 400whp on a Golf R is a reflash and exhaust away.

The Focus RS I expect to be similar.

You've never dealt with the warranty kikes at Subaru of America have you? I still remember when the WRX first came out in 2002 they'd send field agents to get plate numbers of cars at autocross events/drag strips to later deny warranty claims. Mitsubishi did similar too with the Lancer Evo VIII, but Subaru was really egregious because they advertised a free SCCA membership with purchase of the WRX.

Hell, even in 2016 I still see a lot of the newer WRX/BRZ guys remove their plate or cover it up when they go autocrossing.

You mean the Focus RS would be similar to the WRX STi or the Golf R? The newer STis seem to suffer from Jewbaru doing something with the EJ25T to get it through emissions, while the Focus RS shares the 4-banger with the Mustang EcoBoost. I'd imagine the number of EcoStangs blown up (if any) would indicate what to expect from the RS.

>they'd send field agents to get plate numbers of cars at autocross events/drag strips to later deny warranty claims
That's Schlomo Shekelberg-tier Jew shit there.

Similar to the Golf R or even current Focus/Fiesta ST (which seem to have pretty solid bottom ends, only limited by small turbos).

Ford has been pretty forgiving in terms of warranty claims on Mustangs over the years, IMO. So I don't expect them to differ much on the RS. Just google "Subaru Warranty Denials SCCA" and you'll find a bunch of posts from 10-15 years ago over the years on sites like NASIOC.

autoweek.com/article/car-news/you-break-it-you-buy-it-whether-abuse-or-autocrossing-most-automakers-are-not

Man, those fenderflares does not look good.

Theyre all talking about the new RS not that sexy god tier I5 beast. That car is the reason I would never consider the new one. The last true RS.

I don't like that the RS is only 5door now
If they still made the 3 door, I'd go with that over a STI 2bh