/khg/ Kingdom Hearts General

Ventus is for /ss/ Edition
youtube.com/watch?v=fPoQw2J177c [Open]

Download Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ now for free on the Google Play Store and iOS App Store!

(KHUX guides) The reason you're here:
pastebin.com/jQVKegVw

Most recent significant interviews:
khinsider.com/news/Famitsu-Interviews-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-3-HD-2-8-FCP-Unchained-X-6667
khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Interviews-Tetsuya-Nomura-on-KINGDOM-HEARTS-2-8-KH3-6627
khinsider.com/news/Gamespot-Interviews-Tai-Yasue-6622
khinsider.com/news/KINGDOM-HEARTS-Unchained-X-Development-Report-3-6938
khinsider.com/news/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-II-8-Is-Coming-to-TGS-With-Trailer-and-Demo-6936

khwiki.com/

Lore resources: pastebin.com/tKPLZLiE

GameTrailers Kingdom Hearts Timeline:
youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY[Open]

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

khunchainedx.com/wiki/Sora_HD_Ver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Ven

something for depression

3rd for Party Recruitment
Did a clean slate and could use some new members, we're a vulpes party.

Delete this entire thread immediately.
Ventus is for pure only.

Ventus is for caring, loving and /ss/ing when the master isn't looking

That isn't pure.

/ss/ is the Purest!

So what got changed/fixed in the maintenance?

Nothing, it was actual server maintenance.

Gotcha.

Aqua's love is very pure!

>Do evolution medal quest
>Get more 1* and moogle medals than you do evolution medals

>Xehanort did nothing wrong
You know, it pisses me off when SENA makes boneheaded moves like changing the name of the Guilt mechanic, which seem to have no point other than to remove any trace of moral ambiguity from the storytelling. As though Americans couldn't handle a little moral ambiguity in their story telling. It feels like an insult to the fanbase's intelligence.

But then I see posts like this one, and wonder if maybe they're right.

Isn't that coming back to bite SENA in the ass? Since the name "guilt" was actually important?

Real talk

What the fuck are they going to do when it comes time for the Guilt reveal?

>Some time ago, you guys started using a bangle to gather the "sins" of this world, and you started turning those sins, which were a form of darkness, into power.
>Yes. You guys changed its name to "Special Attack Bonus" and were using the power of darkness.

Who's gonna buy that?

They probably dont care enough, so long as they dont get complaints from parents screaming how their child broke into tears from a moral conundrum.

But what about being an accidental bad guy as Terra?

What about being the villain team in Days?

What about strengthening the big bad in Re:coded?

This sort of thing isn't exactly new to the series, and it's not like this game is going to be all sunshine and roses forever.

you can't type "kill" or "ans" in chat
Seriously who do they think their target audience is

They'll just reword it so they don't even have to mention the name.

Though speaking of JP..
Is that 6* Chip/Dale quest they have going permanent?

Young children to pre-teens probably.

They could actually twist that around into a decent curveball in the story. Imagine yourself as the MC, having been told by a doppelganger for the Chirithy you knew, that this was a super fine, super generic way of powering up. Then, further down the line, you learn that it was actually gathering the power of darkness, helping lead to the Keyblade War. Then, to make it poetic, the name changes from "Special Attack Bonus" to "Guilt".

With the above being the case, it would actually make tons more sense then it being called guilt from the get go, and MC simply not connecting the dots. But of course, there is absolutely zero chance that SENA would try to be this creative.

>it's a "skim the thread because I don't want spoilers" episode

I'm sure this has been posted a million times, but is there a way to play KHUX on emulator? It always crashes when I try it in Bluestacks.

And it becomes permanently called Gulit.

>Is that 6* Chip/Dale quest they have going permanent?
The C/C/D quest JP has is a weekend quest. It's been available every weekend for I don't know how long.

I think only renaming it to Guilt at that point would feel kind of cheap, and it robs the ENG audience of the same experience.

Like, wondering "why is it called Guilt? What does it mean? What IS it?"

It's already made a much more esoteric concept because of how the mechanic changed from browser to mobile. This just removes it even further.

I'm trying to think of it like someone who doesn't know that it's Guilt.
I get to that scene, and basically
>Hey remember that stat that seemed kind of generic but it had a symbol
>Well it's actually darkness, good job
I dunno. It'd take some real craftiness to make the reveal work like this.

Right, that would actually be clever. Which is why it will never happen.

If some shady character wanders up to you, pulls open their nonexistant coat flap to show you a free mcguffin, and gives you a power called "guilt", then not recognizing where it's leading plot-wise is more a problem of your not understanding basic cliches and quotes.

Do the same with a friendly, generic name, and the pondering of whatever the deal is becomes much more legit.

I typed "tropes", but got autocorrected to "quotes". I look like a fool now.

MOOGLE OF GLORY WHEN REEEEEEE

>not recognizing where it's leading plot-wise
I don't think anyone managed to predict exactly what the purpose of Guilt was.

Obviously there's something wrong when you're gifted a new power called Guilt
And actually like a year ago Nomura said in an interview that the idea was "collecting the sins" of Heartless, so we knew that much
But like, what does it do? Why are you given that power? Not as easy to pinpoint.

You must realize in KHUX you don't actually collect guilt at all.

Or are you too retarded to notice this? I know you enjoy shitposting but come on now.

You can't type jew either.
However every word they censor can be gotten around by capitalizing the first letter.
SENA is truly incompetent at censoring their own game's chat.

Do normies like KH?

>Or are you too retarded to notice this?
pls stay your butthurt for at least a moment
>It's already made a much more esoteric concept because of how the mechanic changed from browser to mobile.

JP chat is even more restrictive which is why NA parties need to use Discord.

The game is rated E for everyone.

They want little kids to play it. This isn't some edgelord game for you shitlords.

I dont know. Are tumblrinas considered normies?

Only if you talk about it in a nostalgic "Aww, I played that game when I was younger" sort of way.
Try and seriously discuss it and you're in trouble.

Its not for little kids in Japan. In Japan little kids won't understand the kanji and thus won't be able to read the text.

You literally don't know what they are going to do with KHUX.

Yet here you are talking about stuff that has no meaning in KHUX.

Mother fucking little cat thing that isn't even yours comes up and gives you a bracelet and tells you to put it on as it will make you stronger.

And you think because its not named GUILT that they can't twist that into something?

>they want little kids to play it
Then they don't understand shit. Not that it surprises me.

I know a bunch of dumb bitches who do the whole "lol I never played KH but I still like it" thing, which isn't a myth at all. They're not fujos, though, just "quirky"-types which are the normiest thing ever nowadays.

Some of them played Unchained for a bit because phoneshit is socially acceptable.

Except it is for little kids in Japan.

E = ages 10+ so yes it is for kids in that age group and higher.

>They want little kids to play it.

Didn't know whales were kids.

If it was for little kids in Japan the game would be all hiragana yet it contains a bunch of complex kanji you don't learn until your teens.
In Japan KH is literally marketed to teens.

Whales are 1% of a mobage population

Hurr

And they're the only percentage that matters.

Durr

user kids in Japan start learning kanji from ages 7 and up.

By the time they reach the age for this game they will have learned 440 - 640 kanji.

No this game doesn't use some complex ass kanji.

It's SENA you fucking whiny bitch, holy fuck literally hag yourself.

Inb4 EXX DEE PUT UR TRIPP BACK ON LFMAOO XDDD

Yeah user. They are the main profit for the game.

However a game is DEAD if it doesn't have the other 99%

Are you kidding?
Whales are the most important people in mobage. They are the ones that actually spend money. Have you not watched the south park ep about Freemium games?

It uses enough Kanji that "little kids" ie children of less than 10-12 years of age won't be able to play it.
It was the same way with every other KH game.

So you just have your head rammed far up your ass I see?

Too close minded to think of something out of that situation?

Did you not finish school? Let alone get into college?

max lv starlight guessing 35
since i have 3wishes at 31

>Want little kids to play it
>Riddled with microtransactions

Let's not assume the creators are innocent in this situation.

Guilt is the perfect word here.

No not the Cid one.

The one that gives 2-3 6* C/D per run

Holy crap what Sora medal is that? Looks amazing.

>stuff that has no meaning in KHUX
But Guilt exists in both games. The only difference is the function of the mechanic. I can't imagine they would modify its place in the story.

Just because it's no longer an enemy drop doesn't mean it can't still be applicable.

>No this game doesn't use some complex ass kanji.
Yeah it does.

Sure, an 8-year old might know 日 and 木, but you don't learn shit like 片 or 並 until 6th grade.

There's also no furigana in KH.

Sora HD, we should be getting in about 2 months.

khunchainedx.com/wiki/Sora_HD_Ver

>im fucking retarded and cant form an argument after i get proven wrong so i will instead shitpost about anything anyone replies with

good on ya kiddo, enjoy my filter

You seriously think only teenagers and adults buy and play Kingdom Hearts?

Kingdom Hearts literally is a kids game. Whether the story is retarded or not is another matter.

I've already stated kids learn over 1000 kanji before junior high. But all you can repeat is that its hard.

I'm sure it is hard for you.

Oh, that's a premium quest.

It's permanent.

Yeah right? For what, the new game? That's obviously the wring sora for a new KH game.

>ITS SENA

This is an argument? Because that is what you replied with.

This is how mobage are sadly. Why do you think all those new laws and password protection shit was added to prevent kids from spending their parents credit cards.

More laws are made every year. Soon these games might not even be possible in their current form.

It's from DDD art

>You seriously think only teenagers and adults buy and play Kingdom Hearts?

In Japan? Yes.
Little kids of less than 10 years of age can't read it.

Fucking nice. I had enough yen on my account from a previous game to purchase this week and last week's VIP deals.

1 more pull from story quest jewels and I can get Illus Sora B.

>並

Yeah user. Hence MOST of the game is playable and perfectly understandable by children.

I don't think you understand how little story KHUX has. Parents actually use mobage for kids to learn in Japan too.

You saying otherwise isn't going to change the rating this game got in both countries.

>You saying otherwise isn't going to change the rating this game got in both countries.

You do realize E-10 is not a Japanese rating right?
The Japs use a completely different rating system. And the rating system literally has nothing to do with the amount of complex kanji that exists in the game.

>More laws are made every year. Soon these games might not even be possible in their current form.

Wish kh3 would come faster so i can kill myself sooner

Kinda hoping we get a 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 announcement tonight. I'm really holding out that there will be some kind of bundle announced.

>Little kids of less than 10 years of age can't read it.
>Less than 10

Pic related. This isn't 1989

KH2 on release had a rating of B which was 12+ it was then changed to A when KH2FM+ came out.

Both of the collections have a rating of A aswell.

At MOST KHUX can have a rating of B. Which is fine. Because 12 year olds should be able to understand the majority of this game. Last I checked they were still kids too

Look nigger I'm in my 30s and since I assume you're in your 20s you're still a kid to me too.
However when we say "kids" in this thread we're referring to children of less than 10 years of age. So stop splitting hairs.

Content ratings and target demos aren't the same thing.

HOWEVER
I never said that KH isn't for kids.

It's an all-ages deal.
That's why the Menu is always in kana
Kids can understand the dialogue in cutscenes even if they can't read the subtitles, but they definitely won't be able to read the reports

It supposed to be something that older kids can enjoy, and adults too, but younger children are still able to play.

>However when we say "kids" in this thread we're referring to children of less than 10 years of age.

Are you literally retarded? Making up definitions isn't going to make your argument stronger. Multiple times its been mentioned at them being 10+

I realize you didn't say it wasn't for kids. But if I can understand most of the game then I am pretty sure kids can too. Like i said before parents encourage kids to play games like this to learn aswell.

Are you guys inviting anyone right now? Or for that matter, anyone with a good party inviting? My party never plays and they suck ass. I play literally every day.

I highly recommend trying to join a top party that isn't from here.

Are you br or what

why not from here exactly?

jajaja what are you talking about??

Because 99% of the parties from here are filled with inactives or are just bad

Well we're recruiting but looking at your build you might be too good for us, thought we're mostly all active.

Thought i saw your snek as vulpes sorry.

We're recruiting but we're foxes.

Post Titles?

In response to the perks system.

eh, i don't mind switching. whats your party?

/khg/; you can find us before you leave your party by searching my ID: 830388

>Everyone wearing the Class President over the regular School Uniform now
Bunch of nerds, all if you.

Who the hell runs for Class President?

New to the game. How'd I do?

Pretty good, guy.

I'm jealous of your boosted Zexion with obligatory 1 dot.

Try not to fuck up and feed the boosted Zexion to the regular version. Boosted medals are very rare.

Heres one of my older ones that i rocked the longest

alright great, i'll switch parties. haven't done it since the game came out, how do i request an invite? or should i just do it through the thread?

I can send an invite to you once you're in Vulpes.

Going by one of the apps used at my college, yes.

just transfered to Vulpes and got the invite. thanks man.