What do you have against drag racing?

What do you have against drag racing?
It's quite literally the most technologically advancing sport in all of car culture.
Formula 1 is held back, Formula E is slow as fuck, Group B is dead, and every other series has boring as fuck rules.

You go to a 1320 strip and you've got guys who have put literally the best they can afford into their engine connected to basically a tubular body and some big ass tires in the back. Who gives a fuck if they're barely cars anymore and can't turn for shit or maybe can't even idle?
They're getting entire nuclear powerplants of horsepower in those mere moments it takes to cross the line.

So what are you? A car fag who wants to "feel the road" or an actual fucking car enthusiast who wants to be on the edge of the world breaking 300mph within a quarter mile?

I prefer the track over the strip. If I want to go that fast, I'll just get into a fighter jet.

>V8s
can't compete

drag racing is bretty cool tho, it's my favorite form of motorsport

I respect a lot of different motorsports, but I absolutely hate it when people take renowned track monsters and make them into fucking drag cars.

Like that faggot Rob 'Shove my Shit in' Dahm, what the fuck? 4 rotor? Are you meme'ing me?

For the price some faggots on this website are willing to spend on a subaru or some other brand of new slow car. They could have put $10,000 into some pushrod block and be getting under 10 seconds already.
Why do you guys want to be slow?

>but I absolutely hate it when people take renowned track monsters and make them into fucking drag cars

Any fucking car can be built into either.
You can make a 64 Impala into a track killer.
You can also make it into a drag car.

You can do the same to a fucking honda civic, rx7, mustang, or mclaren.
It's just a matter of how much money you want to spend.

I'm sorry you're fucking poor and you don't have the devotion, interest, or excitement to even try to break the norm and put cars out that are just absolutely insane.
You know what's the difference between Rob Dahm's RX7 and all the track killer RX7s?
You know Rob's, it's a forum household name.
No one gives a fuck about all the other boring ones other than the historic lap times they might have gained on whatever circuit.

drag racing is the lamest form of "racing" in the world

its boring as all hell

its laughable at how people dump so much money into going straight tho

I like corners.

Also if I want maximum velocity I like it over the course of hours and not seconds.

It's an art form. Get fucked cunt

He's talking about drag, not drifting.

Pretty much anyone can be a drag racer.

Every drag racing series I know of has rules out the wazoo. Rules limiting power adders, engine displacement, transmission gears and types, everything. It's not technologically advancing when it's still barely getting used to EFI and turbo's, still sticking to carbs, nitrous and positive displacement blowers.

Don't get me wrong, I love dragracing, especially street/strip stuff like Drag Week, but it's technologically limited. Not to say it's not awesome, because it is. All modernt echnology be damned, there's just something about a Top Fuel engine pumping gallons a minute through a mechanical inejction system (that'd put your shower to shame) on top of a bigass 14-71 blower, into a 500ci Hemi. It's literally breathtaking, and I certainly appreciate it more than other subcultures like rice or stance, but I think it's equally interesting, at both it's peak and average, as road racing.

Now, if we can just get the NHRA to quit the bullshit, and give us 1000ci twinturbo EFI Top Fuelers....

Drag racing is a sport?

Explain how two teenage girls competed at the highest level then.

Not a good one though where you don't shift into maximum overswerve and crash into a wall

If I'm being honest I think most forms of motorsport are complete pissing contests where the "faster" of two people who have reached their skill peak just becomes a matter of who has more money to spend on making their car faster, whether in a straight line or through the tightest turns on the touge. You spent half a million on getting your GTR to hit 240mph in the half mile? Good for you, but you're not impressing me.

>Explain how two teenage girls competed at the highest level then.
Drag racing is an engineering sport, not a driving sport. All you need at the highest level is a good crew, good car, and good replexes.

So the radical rxc runs over 1 minute quarter miles?
What a shitbox.

>engineering sport

aka the worst kind

That's because you don't truly appreciate cars. A drag race driver barely matters the whole thing is basically engine builder vs engine builder seeing who can make the most ridiculous amount of hp.

If you actually appreciated cars you would think that the monster drag cars are possibly the coolest cars in the world, even if the race itself isn't as fun to watch.

Yeah, fuck engineering, we don't need any assemblies!
Give me fuel and a lighter and I'll be my own car!