Stupid Pointless Cars Thread

ITT : Cars that are of no particular use and is only a wastage of resources.

Seriously what's the fucking point of a X6 M on top of the already retarded X6? Blame all the fucking cucks and rich bitches who own it. A fucking track focused SUV? If you want a track car there are good offerings from BMW itself. Jesus Christ!

>BMW
>track car
Top kek m8
Go back to your containment thread

>waste of resources

that's not what munich thinks when they're fleecing new money gooks in vancouver for $120k a pop

WHY

FUCKING WHY

It's fast but more practical than a sedan?

I saw the bed of an SSR at a car show. I was amazed at how little room there was in it. I think my Volt with the rear seats folded down has more room.

Why not buy an X5 or 5 series?
Fuck off.
It's juts sad these manufactures are doing anything they can do to suck out profits.

Feeling poor m8?

>AmeriGM tries to make a ute

Isn't this a truck based off the Corvette chassis?

They made it to make money off boomers during the retro craze but it didn't work

I think I've seen one of these things in the wild. They don't look good at all.

Is it a poor man's M4? It's a souped up 2 Series instead of something packing a "S" coded engine. Whatever the case it's not as expensive, not as luxurious, but outperforms it on a meme track. Also it looks good in blue.

>Why not buy an X5 or 5 series?
This is the confusing bit. I want to call it the "compromise" model for the whipped man who wants a Mustang but the missus demands a mall-crawler, but if you can afford a X6 M you can certainly afford a Mustang (or several) along with it.

>why not a x5 or 5 series?
Well why would you care? I know its hard when you are poor and can't afford anything but you can't just go hatting on people because muh practicalities, think of it, why don't you always wear boots all the time? They are more practical than your sneakers, why do you even have more than one pair of shoes?

it used the same platform as the TrailBlazer, but it did have the same engine as the C6 Corvette (up to 400hp)

its more fun to drive than the m4 because its smaller, more compact, more nimble, and has pretty much the good parts from the m4 (diff/subframe/suspension/knuckles/wheels/brakes directly lifted off and put on the m2) for $20k less.

there's yet to be a journalist that's hated it, with a few even saying its the genetic successor to the e46 m3 comparing it back to back

that should tell you all you need to know

I want one.

It's like if BMW made an El Camino

Stop arguing and post more pointless cars

There's no question that it's a good car but what compelled BMW to make it in the first place?

That's a Holden (HSV, or factory riced and souped up) Commodore ute. What the Chevy SSR should've been but missed entirely.

>what compelled BMW to make it in the first place?

People saying that the 3 series is getting too fat, every go damn car is getting too fat, even the VW Golf.

Blame muh safetels for that.

I'll have to pick a M2 up someday.

I have one and I like it :(

That's very good economical and reliable 2 door car. What's your point?

That's basically it. It looks sporty but does nothing a Camry won't and rapes you for insurance. If I wanted an economical and reliable 2-door car that didn't bend me over monthly I'd get a Yaris hatch.

Toyota could've offered it in a turbo GT-Four trim to compete with the WRX but chose not to. It certainly looks like something that wants to be fast.

Most modern econoboxes look like something that wants to be fast.
I'm not really a fan of that. Most people on Veeky Forums aren't, right? Why do they do that?

Why do Murricans get so wet over performance cars? You're going fucking 80 miles on highways or you're getting arrested for speeding.

>durr I'm a journalist wow it's so impressive, comparing it to all other cars I've driven doing 80 miles, this is definitely the best 80 mile car I've ever driven

Fucking pathetic

I don't think you belong here.

>wastage of resources
whole first world

Why do europoors try to defend sub 1.0l shitboxes?

Fuck are you on about? The M2 can be had in Europe and my country for one doesn't have speed limits on highways so I can actually drive that fucking car the way it's intended to.

Unlike you, fat Murricucks. Enjoy your "cruising".

>sports cars are only meant to drive fast lmao!
Fucking kill yourself. I bet you still wet yourself at night over Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

So you literally buy a sports car to show off, not to actually drive fast.

Hilarious. Be sure to get the M2 as the M4 is too large for your tiny cock.

No you absolute fucking retard, sports cars are not all about driving fast in a straight like which is why M2 exists. From what I've heard M4 has pretty numb steering and BMW made the M2 to fix that. But the concept of "spirited driving" and "nimble handling" doesn't exist in your hollow head.

Saw a red one of these, didnt know what to think. It hauled ass, but that was about all the appeal it had.

That's sort of like the Porsche Macan. They are basically hatchbacks with a bit more room.

Why? Just why?
>200hp
>fast
>track car
HAHA HAHAHA

The idiots that buy those cars love it. I saw a fucking honda city today with a pretty aspirational spoiler and bodykit, I've seen astras with spoilers and bodykits that still have microscopic engines, rear drums, and front wheel drive.

It's fucking bullshit, it's like exhausts on modern sports cars that have a shitty turbo microwave sound, then the exhaust crackles as if you poured a tub of oil on a bbq whenever you rev it

Butthurt because you can't go faster than 80.

Nice "sporty" driving there mate.

I'm not even american, in fact I'm you eastern neighbour, just calling you out on your stupidity.
Thanks for your cheap cars, faggot

>can't go fast legally either

Still keking over here.

t. 240km/h legally every day.

Macans have pretty good wheelbase which makes it a decent off-roader.

>5 seats
>same interior space as a 5-series with less headroom
>barely bigger trunk
>can go off road because low profile tyres an niggerims

>'I know its hard when you are poor' = 'i don't have a rational argument'
fuking stancefag logic senpai

the X5M was not made for poor auto enthusiasts like ourselves, it was made for rich young people that want to look sexy

New El Camino when?

My friend has the standard 2-series and it's plenty fast.

I haven't driven the M4 or the M2 for that matter, but I'd say the M2 could hold up for itself.