/hg/ - Halo General

Logo Edition

>The Anvil's Legacy Update and Halo 5: Forge are live! They include the following:
- Forge and custom game multiplayer on Windows 10, featuring every Halo 5 map, keyboard/mouse support, increased resolution up to 4K, and 22 exclusive achievements for 1000 Gamerscore
- Forge content browser
- 1 new arena map (Haven Remake)
- 1 new warzone assault map
- New reqs, including hunter cannons and the tactical magnum
- All req items unlocked for forge

>Anvil's Legacy & Halo 5: Forge Launch Trailer
youtu.be/t6cGoWqiMI0

>Playable Halo Warthog in Forza Horizon 3
youtube.com/watch?v=H6xx5e-UU88

>Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/DpwtNzmu

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/team-arena-fall-settings

>Spartan Companies
Xbox One:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general
Windows 10:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halogeneral pc
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halogeneral w10

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squads
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>Extended Universe Downloads
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

>The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/3Bds3jW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for DON'T TOUCH MY CLAW

Is anyone hosting?

The shinier the better

Blackout is better than Lockout desu senpai

4 U

To each his own

I'm back baby

Cortana is our friend!

Who's playing what?

nah

>give it Halo 2 Cortana's head and it's perfect

lol, is this real?

sure is

>whole pc company appears to be offline. What?

I just accepted like four people so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I applied to the HaloGeneral PC company and waiting to get accepted now.

If you haven't been accepted, then chances are you're just another stock request with no identification that you post here.
I have people offering blowjobs and people offering to blow by skull off. But I don't know if they contribute to these threads and that's what matters.

but it's not

Leafs, Brits, Aussies, nips, Slavs, chinks, euros, beaners, and spics all need to get the fuck out of my /hg/

I'm actually jealous of the PC players.
Each piece of armor they get carries a lot more weight than it does on the boner since it's not being doled out to you constantly. And even if they don't care about that they're all nice and uniform like it was in CE and 2.

That's what the viper helmet looks like from the side?
gross

>nothing about nordicks

Good to know I'm welcomed

Just a shame some absolute cretin decided to make default visors blue. You know, if black undersuits had to be killed off because it cause confusion as to which player is on which team, why can we have blue visors for both teams? That tiny little sliver on the head might be confusing me something good.

Thats covered by Slavs and euros tbqh

current lobby for any PC player that wants to join

Remove heterosexual scum.

Uh ok, good for you I guess.

Anyone wanna play 4v4 slayer on forge?
Im trash at halo btw.

>everyone leaves right after

HAAH WAAE ;_;

>first secondary colors are forced to the same as whichever team you're on, essentially making them useless

>then undersuits are forced to be colored as to 'help identify what team a player is on'

>now soon visors will be forced to be either red or blue

Don't give then ideas!!!

>He doesn't know eugenics

that's what happens when you don't pick types fast enough or put some variety into the playlist

Oh god how do I join.

>tfw nobody ever leaves my customs

Add any of those gamertags in the Xbox App, then join them after launching the game. You might have to click their gamercard, then clikc join.

I don't need none of that fancy shit to tell all non Americans to get the hell off my board

no-one's there anymore

I thought it would be more convoluted than that, thanks.

>duck hunt with H5 sniper
>duck hunt with mouse aiming

Oh shit I'm sorry. That's the second time I ruined multiplayer for everyone.

Better get good at running

join fags

Looks like my laptop has more than the min requirements, but when loading the game it says I don't meet them.

It doesn't say what doesn't meet what of course and the game seems to be running fine.

>JOINING THIS FIRETEAM IS NOT ALLOWED
Fix it now

>Hemispheres
Don't forget to assassinate him. He likes that.

Why can't there just be a join option without clicking on the gamercard? Or from the XBOX app?

It SOMETIMES works, but not always. However, 9/10, the gamercard trick works even when the regular join option doesn't.

There is
You both have to be friends with each other

15/16 it was probably full senpai

Can this still happen?

>Landgrave skin
I'll give you three guesses as to when this was made.

currently online company members
If you're from another company see if they're in a game, add them as a friend and join them

Huh, didn't notice that. Kek.

On another note,

>Sigmund unironically prefers H4 over Reach

I knew there was something wrong with that faggot

I don't think that's a bad opinion, since 4 is playable and not a 2 FPS torture session. 4 had the best Grifball.

>Romeo
>hero

>playing reach on xbone

It's a pretty stable 30 most of the time on 360. Only huge dips I've seen are during the crazy bullshit explodey firefight rounds and on some of the forged BTB maps.

>people like Reach
Post GT so you can get blacklisted

Bullshit, I played in on 360 last month, it's still a silky smooth 6 FPS. The Bone just gets a slightly less smooth 3 FPS.

3>2>CE>5>Reach>literal shit> 4

2nd worst objectively, in my opinion. But, for fun-factor in campaign firefight and MP, plus the kicakss soundtrack, it's probably my PERSONAL 2nd or 3rd fave.

Romeo is a hero. It's Mickey who isn't.

He was 13/14 when Halo 4 came out so go figure, most likely his first proper online experience

I thought you couldn't get dubs here

2 >3 >4 ≥ CE > literal shit > Reach
4 is only higher than CE because guns actually work. Anniversary is better than 4.

>implying the Halo 5 sniper hitbox is any more forgiving than that of several other entries in the series

Can we get an official /hg/ discord?
I've just been playing on the /v/ one.

>4 higher than CE
You share a company with this man

>the "3fps" meme is something perpetuated by Dew and Sigmund. It's false.

discord.gg/3Bds3jW
There's been one for a while

Reach fags btfo.

Thanks

>ryan mccaffrey

Lmao the bootleg /v/ channel I was using before has more members than this one.

He's said multiple that he started with PC CE and his favorite was Halo 2 tho

>4 higher than ANYTHING

kill yourself.

anyone figured out a way to stream this game?

My usual game capture programs do not pick up the signal for this game for some reason.

I assume its because its a windows app?

And that makes it true? Halo 2 is always the defence for someone with shit Halo opinions.

>tab out of forge
>closes the game

WHAT THE FUCK 343?

>but what if halo 4... Was the BEST halo game?

IGN opinion literally invalid after they dropped that line. There's no way they weren't payed to say that.

The game populations speak for themselves anyways, 3 had millions of players, 4 died after a few months, and then reach overtook it by thousands again (kek)

>payed
leave

You can slide your mouse along the bottom. Or just hit the Windows key. It's designed to technically be windowed, but the full size of the screen.

Personally my favorite is halo 3.

There's no denying H2 has the better gameplay, and I missed playing as arbiter in campaign. But the additions of theater, forge, and file browser fucking MADE that game. There's truly nothing like halo 3 was at it's peak.

Pray to god for a halo 3 anniversary, while it might not be in need of an update as bad as CE or 2, I can guarantee it will sell fucktons of copys and bring thousands of people back to halo, just because of the sheer popularity of the original.

paid*

Excuse me for my error, user. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me one day.

:'(

Halo 3 is definitely better than 2 as an overall package. The campaign was weaker but everything else was better and fine tuned. The art style was more lively and colourful, compared to Halo 2s muddy and generic colours for the most part. The multiplayer played much better and weapons such as the BR felt like they were connecting more. Customs had more support and were infinitely better and the inclusion of theatre and forge pretty much nailed it.

Just going from the average age of hg anons and their game history in past games it's obvious that a lot of peoples opinions on Halo 2 have no weight. Halo 2 was a great game and revolutionary for its time but Halo 3 done almost everything better. These salty 3 babby memes are often spouted by those defending 343, strangely. I'd rather they wait for the Scorpio so they can do it as much justice as they did with H2A

You're correct about IGN and Ryan, as well as Halo 4, but the series' decline in popularity has much more to do with the rise of alternatives like modern COD and Battlefield than the paths Halo 4 has taken. Most of that high Halo 3 playerbase were new to the series then anyway. They were never devoted to begin with.

Been here since the beginning.
Halo 3 is a poor man's halo 2.

>and weapons such as the BR felt like they were connecting more

I agree with you for the most part but the BR and felt infinitely worse in H3 due to the projectile bullets instead of hitscan which H2 used. It was pretty much impossible to 4 shot anyone outside of 20 meters on H3

Fucking hate 343's Forerunners. They could've gone with ANYTHING, absolutely ANYTHING for this ancient mysterious species that has always had a presence in the games, and they go with this garbage????

Doesn't help that the didact looks even worse, fucking retarded little vampire fangs wearing edgelord armor

>meme
Go play Reach right now, and seriously tell me that it's 30 FPS.

Why would a species that has a lifespan of about 20,000 years alone not have evolved out their stupid airmstrip hairs forever and a half ago?

>better as an overall package
Easier campaign
Shorter campaign
Half the plot threads from Halo 2 retconned to hell just so they could close everything up in 4 hours
Entire character personas rewritten to be easier to understand and have simpler less complex goals
Terribly low enemy variety
Less maps at launch
Less maps overall
DLC is still sitting behind a paywall to this day, unlike Halo 2 which gave away all DLC for free
Certain playlists unavailable unless DLC is bought
Rampant MP boosting
Vehicle damage tied to shield health
Projectile bullets instead of hitscan meant that host always has significant advantage
Fucking Orbital

No user. No.

Longer individual lifespans hinder evolution, actually.

>I'd rather they wait for the Scorpio so they can do it as much justice as they did with H2A

I'd rather they just not do it.

I mean we've already got H3 multiplayer for what it's worth on the MCC, and the campaign is both too average and the graphics too modern (enough, anyway) to justify it.

They've been sentient for millions of years, and surely had clothes and air conditioning in their evolutionary span around the same time we did.
We don't even have common space travel yet, and we don't have fur anymore.

Halo 3 isn't even a native HD game.
Upresed to 1080 it just looks even worse.
It needs a fresh coast of paint even more than CE and 2 do. The art style is pretty bad imo.

I don't think that image is canon