/mcg/ - Minecraft General

Trains and retarded OPs edition
Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

teamcofh.com/posts/2014/09/03/so-rf-is-a-thing/
imgur.com/gallery/Jld5S
pastebin.com/jBQy9cz4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay, lets try that again.

Magic, or tech?

First for MAN, fuck off. Even catfucker couldn't damage us that badly.

in for gregtech

This.
It's literally all your fault, MAN.

What zoo filters exactly?

I was planning on "cursing" our local witch with the occasional mob sound, with options to have it automatically play periodically or go absolutely insane.

I would accomplish this by hiding the noteblock setup and a transceiver under her base.

This would be if she ever cursed us or did some stupid bullshit for no reason again.

Ones designed to kill the general that wishes it was /egg/.

I like to combine both, but tech usually is more about automatization and extrem gathering of materials, while some magic mods I have tried are more into the own progression in the magic of the mod. Tho TC is more techy.

Leaning towards magic. Most tech mods are obsessed towards ore multiplying and resource processing.

Anyway, bringing this up again from the thread fuckup:

If you have the ability to make improvements to the default textures of a single mod, which mod will your choose.

Alternatively, what's that mod whose decent gameplay is severely hindered by the fact that it looks like absolute shit?

BERAKING NEWS

While at PAX, Curse and FTB talked Lex into cloning RF into Forge. It's a done deal, the code is pushed.

Half the fun of Thaumcraft is designing magic themed fortresses to house all it's shit in.

i shouldn't have asked

Two of the five most widely used magic mods need some better aesthetics. Ars Magica has a twisted mix of resolutions for its textures, and Blood Magic is just ugly.

It's Blood Magic that gave me a new pet peeve with mods: uninspired armor design, notably recolored vanilla armor with a few random dots here and there.

post magic rooms

Damn it Forge, what the fuck do we need another RF clone for?

Mine isn't done yet.
Holy shit I made it way too fucking big I'm never going to finish it help me

>Y-YOU DON'T NEED TO USE IT!
>army of 12 year olds with bats in the background

I dont play mods if they have ugly textures, the only exception is Ancient Warfare because I love the concept and im really used to it, also BC and RC but they dont look bad just have way too simple textures.

If you don't use it, FTB won't put your mod in their pack unless it's really popular.

Every year when these faggots go to PAX or Minecon they come back and do something like this. Last time BaconDonut became part of FTB, further cementing another big streamer's pack into their portfolio.

Anyone know where I can find slowpoke and lex's contact information?

Lex owns Forge Development LLC, so by law the contact information is available, even on the internet.

I was pissed off by the textures in Blood Magic to the point that I attempted to play it just to make a resource pack that fixes its aesthetics. Eventually, I got sick of playing BM due to the grind and shelved my plans.

And where would I find a place to find that?
Lex in oregon?

>all this recent GT talk over the past thread or so

google

hint: his first name isn't lex

Oh fug I got it right on the first try.
He IS in oregon.

Test

Tech all day erry day.

With some meme """magic""" mod to supplement and fuel the industries.

Happened to me with the zeppelin and flying machine of Railcraft, it uses vanilla textures of wood, cobble and wool which makes it look like ass with texture pack. Sadly I dont know shit about pixelart so I cant change them. Wondering why they dont make like Crayfish blocks which have textures that change with texturepack too. Dont know how hard is it to do so but still so sad that looks like ass.

>it's registered to a 3 bedroom house
hmmmmmmmmm

His ego is the size of three single beds.

That fucking sucks too. Most mods use (and are capable of using) their own textures, so it's just ridiculous for modders to attach their textures to vanilla. It's just a recipe for disaster.

I want to setup this drawbridges (will put more on the gaps) but cant use the top as its not a full block and im redstone stupid, how can I using the side and even with signal bus (which I dont know how to use).

Traincraft fork for those textures when?

I thought he still lived in a trailer court. I guess Curse pays good.

Don't think ol blake moved in with his parents again either, think the place is his.
Can't find a fucking personal email address to save my life though.

Another option is making a tech mod disguised as a magic mod with its own power system, people love those.

Can't you just extend the top by one block so that Redstone dust can be lined on the top?

Oh never mind, it's a 3 bedroom mobile home.
wew

I might end up doing that, another option is redstone paste but I dont have neither slimeballs or leather for animal glue.
Relatedly, does anyone know the way to turn flesh to leather with AMT, recipe says foodplate on fire but theres no recipe for that.

Right click on the foodplate (with fire or lava underneath) with some rotten flesh, wait a few seconds, right click again to pick up the leather.

Thanks, mind if I ask another questions?
How do I drink the alcohol or the cups that are entities, they just seem to be able to be put on the ground and off.
And how does the brewing system works?
Would be cool and nice to know this.

Don't point at a surface when you drink.
Also you can eat chalcedony lamps. Or at least in the version I have.
t. not him
No idea why.

pretty sure it's rotten flesh

shift+Rclick, i think

>How do I drink the alcohol or the cups that are entities, they just seem to be able to be put on the ground and off.
Go outside. I mean it. Drinking and placing those cups are bound to a single key (right-click), but you can drink it by making sure you're out of reach of any solid block that would make it place the cup.
>And how does the brewing system works?
Fuck, that's a bit long. But for starters, you need three things: the brewing barrel, the evaporator and the food processor. Set up a barrel where it's not too hot or too cold (plains, forest, whatnot) and a basic source of RF for your evaporator and other machines.

For brewing, you need to prepare several things to make a bucket of raw material. There's table of it somewhere.

Oh, and I'm sure that AMT2 has full support for recipes.

Thanks for all the answers but I have a last question, there seems to be a version 2 of AMT on curse alongside the oeiginal both by defeated crow and published by decocraft developes, do they have any difference?
And if someones has the table of brewing I would appreciate if someone shared it.

Defeatedcrow is the original author of the mod.

i know, and decogirl just publish it.

there's a companion mod that adds things to generate AMT's power directly, though it's recipes require yuzu. good to have in case you don't happen to be using anything that spits RF.

AMT Generators, I believe it's called.

bump

>traincraft 1.7
WHAT
WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN

this week user, welcome to now.

Goddamn, we're on Page Niner.

How much oil is supposed to be in one of these, again? I was told 9-10 drums, but I've extracted 20 so far and the thing's still half full of oil.

What
I've never seen one that big
Ever

I measured it and got a radius of 13, which comes out to a volume of 35 drums. I might be off by two drums for not using voxel math, though.

Internally, BuildCraft rolled a radius 14 oil well out of a possible range of 8-16 inclusive. So this is an uncommon size. It was one of the larger wells with the double-height spout at the surface.

>RF fad finally dies when TeamCoFH gets bored of making mods
>new APIs and power systems coming back
>FTB can't let standards they don't control take hold again
>modding is ruined

I guess it's 1.7.10 forever.

Neat.
All that oil could kill a lot of seals.
And a lot of seal stew.

>BuildCraft rolled a radius 14 oil well out of a possible range of 8-16 inclusive
Huh. I didn't realise that was a thing - I always just assumed there was a "small well" and a "large well" size

uh

best guess is 120. just make a bedrockium drum. or two

You're right, though. The small wells are 4-7, the big ones are 8-16.

Holy shit, dude. How much INDUSTRY do you think you'll be able to get out of all of that oil?

Dayum

Been a while since I played tech mods but iirc you can get a couple million EUs for a single block/bucket's worth of refined Fuel on a fully upgraded railcraft Steam Boiler.

That deposit rite dere will last you quite a while m8.

Godtier/10, would devote my time to comfy magic dome projects

Oh, I'm not refining "Fuel" from this stuff.

First it goes into the distillation tower to get heavy, light, naphtha, and gas. All of those have the sulfur removed, then the heavy fraction is sent to a cracking plant and then another distillation tower to get even more fractions.

Glyceryl trinitrate is synthesized from carbon dust and air, and mixed with the light fuel to make nitrodiesel, which is burned for power. Naphtha is stored and used to make polyethylene plastics. Lubricant is stored and used as cutting fluid or made into drilling fluid. Toluene is combined with nitric and sulfuric acids to make industrial TNT, which turns gem dust back into gems. The gas fraction is separated into LPG and methane. The LPG is burned for power, and the methane is separated into carbon (used in the trinitrate synthesizers) and hydrogen (used to remove the sulfur from the initial distillation fraction).

damn, neat

and what mods make that possible? pneumaticraft?

Some of that stuff looks and sounds like GregTech to me.

Gragtech bruh

Shit's tedious AF.

It's all gregtech. EnderIO is in there only for item and fluid transport - the pipes could all be replaced with GT pipes, and the EIO tanks replaced with GT fluid canners.

teamcofh.com/posts/2014/09/03/so-rf-is-a-thing/

>Chances are that most of you are aware of certain mods making the switch to the Redstone Flux Energy API. Along with this support, some members of the community have suggested just rolling the API itself into Forge. Let’s be clear on that - it’s not happening. Ever.

KL probably doesn't give a fuck anymore. Let Forge implode on itself by taking even longer to load now.

Including a single class and a single interface won't really change anything visible in load times, don't panic.

My main takeaway, after discussing the problem with cpw, is that Forge has explicitly decided to design for the "overwhelming majority" instead of remaining neutral. In this context, the decision to move RF into Forge makes a lot of sense - effectively, the only major outlier left is IC2's ecosystem, and that's not used by very many people. Of course, I would rather prefer Forge stay a neutral intercompatibility/hook layer, but if that's not what they want to do, it's fine. It's effectively their project.

>being surprised about discussion about an autism mod in an autistic general for an autistic game

>ded
Post trains!

Test trens

I wanted this Traincraft world to have normal aboveground bases but I still haven't decided neither where I'm going to make them or how I'm going to make them. And then if I go my usual dorfmode I know I'll fuck up and not let enough space for trains.
Trains are difficult

More test trens and bump

do people still use MultiMC? I'm getting back into Minecraft. I have an i7 6700k and 1070 now. :)

yup, still the best afaik

>missed playing with Forestry for a while, so I decided to add it to my recent packs
>grind enough copper to make a multi-farm
>it's absolutely fucking shit
Well fuck now I understand why nobody cares about that mod anymore. I'll see if getting that legacy farms mod can fix it.

Fancy. When could we expect to get that?

>not liking bee and tree autism
>disliking the farm for not being mawpc
It's not even bad though

Tried building a church for the first time

How did I do /mcg/? This is just the front facade, I haven't done the rest yet.

imgur.com/gallery/Jld5S

>I know, let's make a vanilla crops farm since multifarms are fucking huge
>customize farm chip with vegetable farm
>give it seeds, carrots and potatoes
>it plants potatoes everywhere and ignores the carrots
>there's no lock slot to make it focus on either of them
>using a manual farm doesn't change shit because it replants potatoes after harvesting carrots
I don't even mind them needing constant water and fertilizer, but holy fuck multifarms are way more complicated than they needed to be. I'll never understand what was the dev's vision years and years ago.

I like it for the fact that it's not that massive. It kinda matches the scale of the game and doesn't rely on texturing to make it pop.

People nowadays are obsessed with block texturing like most buildings in real life are rough and shit. Sadly, not everything is as rough as Grian wants it to be.

I believe the intention is to have separate farms for separate crops. I agree that they're more complicated than they need to be.

Why do some people have to turn comfy serbs into arbitrary dick-measuring contests? Like, I just want to build comfy but some people will always try to be some kind of show off, always trying to one up you whenever you start working though a mod and then just flaunt their achievements in your face.

"Oh look at me. I killed the Enderdragon and the only egg in the server is mine!"

"Oh, you starting working on Thaumcraft? Well I already have Primordial Pearls and the best possible wand.

"Oh your health canisters are so cute. Look at my 60 hp."

It seriously makes me not want to play.

>can't handle people doing better than you
either step up your game or move to single player.

This is what happens when you play with retarded mods

Stick to a comfortable, 5 - 10 player vanilla server, where the focus is on building and resource gathering instead of MUH MACHINES MUH MAGIX MUH AUTISTIC AUTOMATION

Mods kill multiplayer

It's from MoarCarts / OpenTransport.
Protip: don't use a bucket on the IE barrel carts. Wipes your inventory.

I've also discovered IE shaders can't be put on carts if you have CartLivery in. Might override the event hook or something.

And on a semi-related note, I've just scrubbed through CJ's youtube and twatter for all the RC emblem codes. Have fun
>pastebin.com/jBQy9cz4

It's not even that. I just hate feeling like I need to race though some arbitrary tech-tree just to keep up. I take pride is making nice-looking aesthetical builds but some people are just obsessed with being the best on the serb even if it just means having all my stuff thrown in a field.

Don't get me wrong, I like mods and I incorporate them into my nice-looking builds and I like making progress though the mods.

But that's just people. Some people are competitive and need to have the best gear/kd ratio/high score. You either need to accept that there are always people who going to rush that shit and not let it affect you or stick to single player.

>well it's their project (that 99% of the modding world is dependant on) so they should be able to just do whatever with it

I don't have a big enough facepalm reaction image.

Should mention that RC emblems can be stuck on normal MC carts, are buggy with the RC carts because of the model change, and can be shapeless crafted with locos and metal posts (for signs)

Can add new stencils to CartLivery with resource packs, so might look at replicating some of the IE shader patterns

I feel like modded minecraft is best enjoyed in single player. Vanilla survival on the other hand is not fun alone but on a server can be great, trading with people, building friendships, sharing builds, suffering together to get resources... etc. It's less about defeating the Ender Dragon or getting all Prot IV mending armor and more about collaboration and building.

Grow some thicker skin. Take all the time you need to do what you want, let them burn themselves out minmaxing and powergaming while you enjoy your fun.

I used to love setting these up everywhere then a few days later go round with a thingy to teleport it all to a tank at my base.