What did you learn stick on, Veeky Forums?

What did you learn stick on, Veeky Forums?

Pic related. (I still feel like it's too good for me)

Driving school's Volvo S40

Shitty 10 year old Citroen Picasso

Clutch was nearly fucked from getting beat by all the previous students

the beginnings on a golf mk2, fully in vw bora

completely gutless and no tach

When you start to learn, I think it's better to not have a tach because you'll be too concentrated on the tach than the road in front of you

I learnt in but now have a car with a tach and I rarely look at it

Fun car senpai

Btw pic is not mine

Brofist. I learned on a 2000 ranger

I hated that truck. Most unreliable POS to ever be built. The only thing that never broke was the transmission. Fucking Vulcan V6.

I may have learned on a Ranger, but I sure as shit didn't enjoy it. If I found that truck again, I'd be more likely to torch it than anything else.

Clutch was a bitch, it goes BITE and NO BITE. 1st gear starts are done by letting go of the clutch milimeters at a time

A 2008 scion xB. Cable shift linkages suck ass and kept needing adjustment.

never forget that smell

Same. 1999

Of clutch?

No ur mum in the backseat

2L diesel w/ 6 speed

Really fun to drive, had this weird electric handbrake though. Miles better than my current shitbox.

blame the previous owner, not the truck.

Jokes on you, she wouldn't fit in the back of that car.

'69 Chevrolet C-10 here. Makes you appreciate a hydraulically assisted clutch.

Was my dad's truck and he'd had it since new, followed the maintenance schedule in the owners manual religiously. Still consistently broke down. Not a single week went by something wasn't broken on it.

Hated this thing.

First time was a CRX but really learned how to drive a stick in my first Miata.

09 wrx

1997 F-150. It did not lend itself well to driving sports cars. Learned how to do it better in a buddy's WRX. Then I wound up with four automatics in a row, joined the military, and fucked my knee up. Now I dump the clutch every time I try to drive one. I need to get a beater and relearn.

A 98 ford fiesta. Shit was cash.

Honestly with Rangers all I ever hear is either that they fall apart constantly and are total shit heaps or that they're the ultimate bulletproof mini truck. Never in between.

Learned on a 92 Jeep Wrangler on shitty gravel roads. Shit was badass.

this turd

Wtf? In the driving school car, before getting my license.

A 1984 Z31, good times.

In a family friends 92ish Ford Ranger 4cyl. Coincidentally I got a 5 speed 93 s10 a few weeks later.

2001 Porsche Boxster.

A family friend has one of these. I drive a Miats now.

>my brothers 94 honda accord
>mfw I knew how to drive stick at 12 years old

>Never in between.

Friend of mine had a 2000-ish Ranger standard cab that he never maintained and abused constantly. It never broke down or needed any work.

Then he bought a low-miles 2000 Ranger extended cab for the extra space and everything broke down constantly for three months before he gave up on it.

No goddamn clue what's going on there.

2017 wrx

Mfw

Customer's cars ex. VW jettas, Honda civics, Mazda 3's

>protip never leave your cars at the shop overnight as the tire installer may have to pull all the cars in at night and the manager told me to practice driving stick

Ferd.
Pretty easy desu but it kept jumping out of gear.

The Miata

Learned on my friend's 91 MR2 turbo but I just got a 2008 civic si on saturday and I'm still trying to learn how to properly drive a manual. I'm really trying to avoid stopping on steep inclines but my daily route has 3 that I cannot avoid stopping on

A chevy metro I just bought last week. Have a fair hang on it now.

>after like 1 hour of driving per day any upshift causes it to stall

what a piece of shit

My first car, owned for 5 years and nothing broke or needed replacing, until I someone slammed into the passenger side and wrecked the car, by far the best car i've owned

homies

Good, this will teach you how to be a man. Eventually hill stops will be something you won't stress about.
Any plans for that 8th gen?

Maybe put in better mirrors because the rear pillars are huge

G27 bruh

I taught my wife how to drive manual on an '07 tc. Car currently has 165k miles and is on original clutch. I learned on a '65 triumph spitfire and blew the tranny in 5 weeks.

The first car i ever drove was manual.

1st gen Kia Sportage 8 years ago.

>tfw you just figure out these are rear wheel drive

slow V6 shitstang

Learned it on the blue beauty

1994 Mazda B2300

What a bitch that was, manual vehicles these days are way too forgiving.

You had to let that clutch out just so or it would stall.

My nigga

A bunch of cars because my dad would switch cars really often.
First manuel I ever drove was a Toyota Corolla E80. Stalled like 5 times before I could move.
Then I improved a bit with a 1996 Honda Accord Aerodeck.
Then I got pretty comfortable with a Toyota Carina E.
And finally, I mastered it (not really, I just wouldn't stall at all anymore and shifted smoothly) on a MG ZS. I know.
Kinda strange progression

80s 4 cyl mustang: wasn't too bad, had decent torque up to the yellow line.

2005 toyota slowrolla

QC issues maybe

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer ES

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S. It was my dad's car, he taught me before I even got my license. I inherited the car when he bought a new one. Now it's my little brother's. Miss that car 2bh. Lost my v card in that car lol.

Nobody knows this car here. But i learn in this, with 200k miles. It has 90hp but strangely go 120 mph.

dis bitch with a stage 2 clutch

rsx type s

If you can keep a cold 80s two stroke from stalling you can drive literally anything.

Stick was babymode compared to my childhood.

Was a great car honestly, made 300,000 with hardly anything major going wrong with it. I now have an '04 and still love it.

Technically I learned how to drive in several cars

First ever manual I tried was my grandpa's old mid 90's Ford Ranger.

>Didn't get to visit him enough to have regular access to it to learn

>Second car was a 97' Porsche 911 Carrera a crazy doctor friend owned, one of the last air cooled 911's ever.... Pretty cool to drive. Once again didn't get enough time to drive on regular basis....spent more time detailing it and his newer 07' turbo instead of driving/riding in them

>third car....Dad ends up getting a 2014 Mini Cooper countryman S against my advice.........yeah I know but it's actually decent. Has a nice German made Getrag six speed

>Tl;dr I learned to actually drive Manuel in a Mini but now I've got it down to a science so that's all I care about

pusi kurac

so it's not a meme those turds are super reliable
2wd or 4wd? auto or manual?
i'm interested in getting a super reliable shitbox

Both are/were AWD manuals, though I'd wager manuals will be harder to find anymore and probably carry a higher price thanks to the meme. IIRC the '97 only really had to have the clutch replaced once outside of routine upkeep/maintenance and my current one has only had the AC take a massive shit on me so far, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think that's all that bad. I honestly have just been going with windows down if I get too hot for the past 2 years or so.

They're good cars though, I can't attest to anything later than my current one but I like how it drives and shifts, my only wish is that they had added a sixth gear or otherwise changed the gear ratio; RPMs are a little higher than I'd like at highway speeds but that was the same on my old one as well as my current one. Think it's just a Honda thing.

>WOOOOHOOOOO
>HAHAHAHAHA

>Let's.just.go.down.this.road.here.

>Aaaaawhwhwhdjdooooooo!!!! what a great car uh haha wow!!!!!

I miss her sometimes

eg breeeze. no tacho :)

Vauxhall Corsa

2000 Mercury cougar. What a piece of shit the engine was impossible to work on and extremely cramped. Exhaust manifold cracked and was more expensive to fix than the cost of the car

even now I can hear what the engine sounds like on this

A 2016 lifted Jeep wrangler
It was fukin hard
Then drove a mk4 Jetta and it was way easier

Lots of fun. Actually considering getting an 86 as I like the pre aero headlights better, but still want efi

my mom taught me in her infiniti g20
also. if you dont have a mom that drives manual i feel sorry for you.

Needles to say, don't dump the clutch or its gonna be bad, powerful car.

>not learning on a shitbox
you must be in your early twenties kiddo

And its a peice of shit

>Learning in a shitbox

why..no better teacher than RWD and 400 horsepower, was miserable driving a 5 speed 1.8 civic for the next year or so.

2002 Audi TT Quattro 225 Convertible 6-speed way back in 2004.

Boost gave 15-year-old me rock-hard erections.