Truckerfag Thread - Swing it W I D E Edition

Taking a week off to make more time for shitposting.

>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica

>4 4 T O N N E S
>4
>4
>T
>O
>N
>N
>E
>S

previous bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CrfLL8ail3o
youtu.be/TtzRAjW6KO0
youtube.com/watch?v=Xqw4wo8vdY8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So what are y'all getting your dicks sucked to this week?

youtu.be/CrfLL8ail3o

Please teach me proper ball care as a trucker, senpai.

Better get you started on road head in an automatic so you can focus on shifting with your ass later.

>mfw Americans give their trucks the turning circle and inside swing of a medium sized moon just to keep the wheelbase long to protect their badly built, thin as a waffle road surfaces near me

>shifting with your ass
I giggled.

>Cabovers

>vinyl bulkhead
The fuck did they think would happen?

Well I mean
>yurop

Why is it that straight truck drivers are so fucking stupid?
Since one drove into the fucking shutter without checking clearances and ignoring a red light and broke it, I've been refusing to give way to anything with less than three axles.
And to G4S after one of their guys yelled at me for letting one of my vans in. Never opening or closing a door for them again, OR letting them into or out of turnings.

Also, pikeys have invaded the car park and have proceeded to start stealing shit and hurling racist abuse at employees.
Including the daughter of the ex-gurka security guard. There's probably going to be a lot of blood if they stay longer.
Any advice on how to fuck over a bunch of caravans without setting fire to them or being spotted?
Paperwork has been served, but they routinely ignore it and can't read anyway.

Alternatively, summer is here. Anyone know where I can get parts for a solar death ray?

Cheggit
youtu.be/TtzRAjW6KO0

What is this?

And I can't stand straight trucks either. 90% of them do not belong behind the wheel of those things. In Florida, I'm sure most of them don't have a CDL despite running over 26k and sometimes havig air brakes. I would be suprised if half of these guys have a regular DL.

They are a bitch to work around when you are driving a tractor trailer. They park wherever the hell they want (worse than 4 wheelers) and are always in the way while trying to make turns in lots or park/dock. And they will take the one parking spot that can fit a tractor trailer, even though they only use 1/3 of it. I have folded in quite a few mirrors on straight trucks from the parking in retarded places where it blocks me from swinging wide to make a turn.

>implying such a thing wouldn't have flown through some huge American sleeper as well without a bulkhead

has anyone ITT actually fucked a lot lizard

If they have, they probably rotted to death.

>my god, it's hideous

Most of the places I've delivered to in Southern California have had a box truck somewhere fucking something up some even pulled in behind me while I was backing. Maddening

in Socal for a couple days, any of you faggots around.

Wilmington area, I drop at midnight tonight

>mfw Commiefornia drivers

yall can suck a dick

FUCK YOU MCDONALDS, I GO WHERE I WANT

1. ive always wanted to be a truck driver

2. past year ive been aimlessly driving across the country with girls or by myself, while trying to stop at as many skateparks as i can to ride my bmx bike there, my girls also like to ride bikes around

3. i met this girl who is a writer and convinced her it would be fun for us to live in a truck together and while i drive she writes. and while she drives i will sleep and she will think about writing. if we come across downtime, we can ride our bikes into the city or bumfuck to explore

4. tag team truckers make significantly more money, yes?

ITEM NUMBER FIVE. her dad owns an international dealership and were going to buisnessman convention in a month and am wondering what i should do to get my foot in the door

her dad also said he could get us our CDLs without having to go to truck driver school

sooo, any advice, truckfags?

1-2
Cool story bro
The writing thing could work if she isn't trying to write more than a couple hours a day. The bikes could be an issue though. If you put them on the cat walk, you'll have to worry about crushing them between the cab and the trailer during tight turns and backs. Keeping a bike in the cab prevents that, but two people and two bikes in a truck will be shit.
More money yes. Significantly more, sometimes
Not sure what you're asking, it sounds like you already have a foot in the door. Internationals are shit, but if you're stupid enough to buy a truck as rookie, why not?

You can get a cdl without driving school, but good luck finding a company to hire you that won't just put you through their own school.

Have fun. Team driving will test your love for the girl and the drive. If you drive for a big company (which you will unless her dad buys you a truck too) then you won't have much time to ride bicycles because they want that truck moving whenever it is in the dock.

Maybe when you have your reset, you can go ride the full pipe and smoke rocks with the locals at Louisville.

...How old are you? And, no.

Soo if i have my license number memorized but cant actually find my CDL, can i still drive?

Sasuga Swift, you keep spitting out failures and pumping the market with cheap, idiotic labor.
First whiney and now you.

:^)

I find it interesting that even as much as I fail I can make $45k a year. TRULY THE AMERICAN DREAM

I had a guy ask me about an International that was for sale near where I park my truck at home. It was a late 90s International with a CAT engine for $12,900. I kinda wanted it but I'm not sure if that thing is built as shitty as my International. Thoughts?

It's a fucking job, not a fuck jack Kerouac like all around the country riding bikes and writing poems like some kind of fucking nancy bitch. And don't ever drive team with anyone unless you already hate them.

Been on /x/ too much lately. Don't really believe half the stuff because I think people like that see what they want to see.

But you fucks drive down dark highways in the middle of the night. Ever seen anything cool?

Shit gets weird around 3 a.m. if you've been driving too long. Nothing paranormal, it's psychological. You see phantom silhouette shit that isn't there, like cars or people in the road. Out of the corner of your eye you think you see a random person you haven't thought about in 10 years sitting next to you in the corner of your peripheral vision.

I had two friends drive from the midwest to Cali a few years back and they swear they saw a UFO in the middle of nowhere. Not really the type to make it up, but they both do a lot of drugs.

I have done a bunch of 20hr+ drives straight through and never noticed anything crazy. Only time I ever had anything close was one night I was really fucked up on H, just dropped a friend off at his house in the sticks, driving home down a 2-lane rd with trees real close on either side and the trees passing in my peripheral vision kept looking like animals jumping out or some shit. I swerved multiple times to avoid whatever was coming out of the woods. But it was like 4:30am and I was fucked up.

How much of that 45k was the overnight allowance or whatever you guys call it. Or is that a separte thing?

The paranormal isn't real.

but i imagine this to be more favorable then any other 25/hr job i could score

im seeing 40k/yr being the wage mostly mentioned? how many hours a week do you all average

also seems like the kind of career i can quit two years later when im bored of it. and possibly it could be useful with my construction background as well

Now think about that, you work 70hrs a week for a 40k job.
A regular 40hr a week job at 22/hr will net you 42500 a year

I understand not believing extraterrestrial life has visited earth but do you believe in life on other planets?

They average 60 hours a week.

how much would i be working and making tag teaming with this girl the first 6 months? shes pretty sane when shes not drunk and only gets drunk when i get drunk

I was being too rude, if you want to do it go for it and good luck. My point is that to make a decent wage you'll be working so much you want have time for fun stuff like girls and bikes. And you won't get to go anywhere cool like you are imagining, you stop wherever you have to. Usually a truck stop or warehouse with absolutely nothing worthwhile near it. As for hours, I'll regularly work a 14 hour day. Unless dispatch doesn't have anything for me, then I sit around in an industrial complex or behind a Lowe's.

I have literally never seen anything strange in the middle of the night.

I normally drive evening-early morning. For years.

I have never heard of an overnight allowance unless you're referring to Per Diem.

Probably just as much as if you were solo, the only difference is that the truck will always be moving.

Unless the laws of physics fundamentally change in different parts of the universe like some theories suggest, it is pretty much impossible for there not to be life on other planets.

I just don't think we'll ever meet them. We will go extinct before we find intelligent life, much less communicate with it. The universe is just too big.

It's regular hours. It's just that when you"clock out" in a sense, you're in the middle of nowhere, with the company truck.

>Per Diem
If that what you get for being overnight then yes, it is an overnight allowance.

Was per diem included in the annual wage of 45k?

Yeah it's called Per Diem. I didn't opt into getting it from Swift so I can write it off on my tax return. So I don't consider it part of the $45k.

OIC, over here we can claim up to 106 dollarydoos per night. But the company pays me 40 per night away and I claim the difference on tax. I usually end up with about 4k tax refund every year.

should have added that the $40/night gets added to the annual wage amount but in a different section of the tax return form thingy that my employer gives me So when I get paid that $40/night I don't get taxed on it as it is expected that I will claim the remaining $66 each day on my tax return.

About to pump a floor this morning and crews not here yet $275/hour and I'm only getting %10 per hour don't know who's jewing who here

10% of 275 isnt too bad

>cruising down practically empty tollway
>speed limit: 80mph
>engine governed to 63 mph

>be me
>one hour ago
>sb i75 in pontiac mi
>weigh station 1 mile
>open
>pull in to right lane and slow down
>box truck ahead of me several other semis behind
>ramp speed limit 25 mph
>box truck slows to 2.5 mph
>hit brakes hard
>line behind me does the same
>cb

holy fuck user get a move on. Speed limit doesnt drop until the scale.

>grab mic respond with

Fucking box trucks...

>no one else says a word
>get to scale
>DOT officer shaking head watching box truck pass

I drive local but what if you say fuck the scales or pretend like you didn't see them is it a ticket do they take pics ?

my city has this type of road.
I have no idea what it's called.

Ours is quite small and you have to turn quite sharply

Do semis have to drive through here as well? It already feels tight enough in a van

Type of road in question...

Ive heard of police chasing trucks down if they run the scales. I've never actually seen it myself.

A lot of interstates use those type of ramps. If you drive it enough you get used to it. Get on google maps and check out the intersection of I-96 and us-127 in lansing michigan. Its the same design.

>in right of three lanes
>right turn at stop light
>turns yellow as I approach
>stop, look, begin turn shortly after light turns red
>BLM rioter runs red, turns in front of me from middle lane
>slam brakes, inches to spare
>phew
>BLM goes to the other side of the road to run the next red light
Never change Memphis

Who are you quoting?

My trainer told me he got chased down when he ran a scale. He's still paying the $1000 ticket.

A cloverleaf?

>What is this?
What is what?

Wordpuke bot, is that you?

More like where is it? Some distro center warehouse? I was confused by that.

I work in the back end of a grocery store that also does online grocery deliveries.
My job is making sure the right stuff goes on the right vans, but I have to do it in the same loading bay the trucks come into.
And some fuckwit drove into the shutter. Then the pikeys showed up after it was fixed to steal things and racially abuse my co-workers.

I passed up a scale by legit accident once (focusing on traffic while listening to a long message on the Qualcomm, have to listen closely to decipher everything the text-to-speech mangles). They didn't come after me. Probably just superb luck.
Sad day.

It really depends. If they've got a good number of trucks in already they might be thinking about shutting it down anyway. It also depends on traffic. If you make a genuine effort to try and get over to the right lane from the center lane, but simply can't, for the most part they'll leave you alone.

The biggest problem with scales and DOT officers is they largely make shit up on the fly. There isn't a guideline on how warn out some stuff has to be before its a violation, its largely by "oh that doesn't look safe". The wrong asshole can bend you right the fuck over. "So you've got an airline that looks like its touched the frame at some point, so thats a ticket. You've got a tire that's only at 95PSI, so thats a ticket. You're hood has a tiny amount of play, so thats also a ticket..." ect ect.

How the FUCK do you people deal with warehouses? What a bunch of salty cunts

>Be tow truck driver
>Company calls, say they have a truck and trailer broken down
>They can't send a swap out, want me to take the truck and trailer together
>"The warehouse is on the way to the repair shop anyway"
>Story of my fucking life
>Tell them I can only do that if its a drop and go load, can't sit around waiting for shit and I'm not backing a billion feet of truck and trailer around a small warehouse
>They confirm the trailer can just be dropped in the yard, the warehouse will know about it
>Tow everything to the warehouse
>Stupid cunt says its a live unload, wants it put in a dock I saw already that barely has enough room for a normal truck trailer, much less me
>Tell her that isn't happening, it has to be dropped in the yard, explain for the 5th time that is on the back of a fucking tow truck
>Tells me I have to dock it
>Call company back, explain
>"Oh ya we called them after we finished talking to you and they said that wasn't possible"
>Tell them I physically can't put it in the dock they want, or any other dock, due to space restrictions
>"Oh um... I'll call you back"
>Wait 20 minutes
>Nothing
>Whatever then, middle of the yard it is
>Take pictures of the space I had to work with if I tried to dock it, dump it in the middle of the yard
>Get back in truck to leave
>Shunter sitting in his truck smoking, on his phone
>Areyoufuckingkiddingme.jpg
>Drop truck off, greylist company

Like whyyyy. If I tried to put it in any of the docks, I would have blocked all traffic for several minutes just trying to get everything lined up right, must less the ensuing clusterfuck of trying to get 25ft, 15ft and 53ft of truck and trailer to move nicely. To top it off I could have dropped it for the shunter to fucking move. Hell I could have dropped it right in front of the dock and the shunter would have had to just back up with it. Pisses me the fuck off when people just want to be cunts.

Company cuck here. Do you think there will be any penalties if I pull into a truck stop, drop the trailer, then bobtail to eat some BBQ and pick up a couple things at Walmart? It's all such a short distance i don't even know if the computer will pick me up as driving. Just wondering what most companies would say, it's not like I'm taking the damn thing on a joyride.

Bad idea in general. Most places dont let you drop trailers.

Dont even think about it if the trailer is loaded. Load theft does happen, if that trailer is gone when you get back you are fucked.

Didn't think about somebody stealing the whole trailer, and here I am worrying about them giving me shit over burning a half gallon of fuel. Yes I'd be very fucked indeed if the trailer got stolen. glad you cleared that up, I just got the bright idea earlier that if I could just drop the trailer somewhere I could roll around bobtail and be "free". This job does give me a sense of freedom but I'll be damned if this truck isn't one big ball and chain.

Get a minibike

kek. I might have to. I thought I had imagined everything about this job but this whole being tethered to the truck thing has still caught me off guard. I can't stand being tied down and driving this thing really limits what you can do.

Just found out the boss hired a new driver. Also just found out the new driver is going to be teamed up with me for at least 2 weeks. Also also just found out because I'm now a trainer and don't want to be my vacation has been cancelled.

>...fuck

I enjoyed a pleasant day of driving in circles. The only backing up I did was when I connected to my trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xqw4wo8vdY8

wait...that's not a swift truck

Also also also just found out I got trips.

Shit... Missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Also also also also just found out I got dubs.

Holy shit... Im on a roll tonight.

JIM

No. Not JIM.

user.

Nice roll but check these

So my trainer didn't swing wide and actually hit a pole today. Not even making this up.

So close. Of by 2

YOU'RE ON A ROLL JIM

get yourself a little $250 folding bike you can keep under the passenger seat, i cant imagine truckstops being too far outside of town. A 5mi ride on a bike goes by way quicker than you think it would

Get a folding bike if you can afford that. I've thought about getting a mountain bike and a moped setup for it.

I was. Looks like my streak was broken

if you hang around jack kerouac needs to be your name lol

So who is actually responsible for their own repairs?

If I ever buy a truck I'm defiantly going to do this, first I have to learn to hook a trailer up tho only ever driven a end dump

There are locks for trailer kingpins and air line glad hands to prevent trailer theft, not to mention some companies actually shell out the money for GPS tracking. You have a slim chance of succeeding.

>Drop loaded trailer
>Legs fold up
OR
>Legs punch through the concrete and it sinks

Not a good idea to drop a loaded trailer anywhere you aren't explicitly told to.

>actually finish my trip early today
>decide to park at truck stop like a normal trucker instead of hiding behind Lowe's again
>it's been a great experience, best truck stop ever but small
>by 7 all the spots are full
>no other truck stops anywhere near here
>every 5 minutes a new truck comes in, looks for a spot, then leaves disappointed

So where do these poor lads even find a place to park for the night? I feel bad for them. I'm the one that always sleeps behind Lowe's but they don't mind me because I'm already there for the delivery in the morning, sometimes they like it because they can unload me early. If I couldn't park there I don't know where I'd go though. I tried to park at a truck stop last night and it was a madhouse with no parking, I said fuck it and drove another 40 minutes to Lowe's. Barely got there 5 minutes before my hours were out.