/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
-capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/blog/2016/07/28/monster-hunter-generations-2016-tour-kicks-off-in-toronto-on-aug-6th
-gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
-siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11176185
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what are your New-Threads resolutions?

Champosting!

>gen2 was best gen

What's the best solo weapon in Explore? Getting bored of SA and GS.

hey guys, i actually have autism and am retarded, can someone explain magalas frenzt virus thing as if im literally 3 years old, but also not skip any detail relevant?

What, as in gameplay-wise or in fluff?

no

i care about gameplay but fluff wont kill me

>He isn't a solo hunter

Being hit by an aids attack or standing in his aids circles will give you hiv, a bar will start to fill and will jump up sharply if you get hit by more aids. If you hit a monster enough it'll turn into an affinity boost, if you let it get full you get aids and no longer get a red portion of your health bar when you get hit by things.

You can also pop a nulberry to reduce the aids bar a bit but you can't cure it unless you deal damage.

if you are infected, either by a frenzy cloud or an attack from a apex monster, you get a debuff under your health bar
it naturally increases over time. you can slow its progress with the skill frenzy res or you can eat a nulberry to cut its progress by a significant amount.
if the frenzy bar maxes, you get a red cloud debuff. this means you don't get any red health to recover when you get hit. it also means you will lose health very quickly if you are in a frenzy cloud (like the magalas make). this lost health turns into red health, but can quickly be lost.
if you do enough damage, the frenzy virus can be 'cured' and you will get a P icon with an upward arrow that indicates you have conquered the virus. as a reward you get a 15% affinity bonus.
um i think that's it.

Man I miss "I want to BE meowstress"

that was a waaaay better threadly shitpost

Gameplay-wise it's a status effect that builds up over time and as you take more frenzy-based attacks. If you do enough damage before the bar is filled you instead overcome the virus and get a temporary boost to affinity as your reward. I think it's about 20 or 30 percent?

Fluff-wise it's a virus attributed to the Magala species, both Gore and Shiggy. It could spread to other monsters and increase their aggression at the cost of their health. Some monsters were strong enough to overcome the virus and got a permanent boost of their own, increasing their size, toughness, health, strength, and basically everything, becoming apex monsters.

MHGen is just nostalgia wank though so it threw that lore and mechanic out the window and now monsters don't get the frenzy virus anymore, as well as weapons that took advantage of the frenzy. Because then they would need to have a subspecies in the game and god forbid we get a subspecies that we don't have to kill 50 times to get their gear. /rant

Well you see Billy, the big bad monster has these purple clouds he shoots out all over the place. Sometimes he throws them at you like a baseball, or a couple of them pop right after each other like a bundle of balloons. Most often, he leaves his clouds floating around for you to walk into.

If you inhale the clouds or get hit by one, you catch the frenzy virus, which is kinda like the flu except you don't get to stay home from school. Once you get sick you have to work extra hard to attack the monster, because if you do lots of damage you'll feel better and get a gold star.

If you don't attack enough in time, or get hit a few more times, your frenzy bar might fill up. If it does, you're infected, and now you maybe do want to stay home from school. When the monster hits you, waiting to feel better won't help because you can't recover red health.

15%

Kthx. Why the hell is there a frenzy art in the game now if it only gives that much of a boost and the chaotic weapons aren't a thing anymore?

user, I'm not shitposting.
I'm only nudging you to the right path.

anyone make any fun gimmick sets?

ive got a guildmarm cosplay set that has crisis and frenzy res. i pair it with the self inflicted frenzy art because why not.

In the game, if your hunter gets the Frenzy ailment there's a meter displayed where your name is, if it tops out it incubates. Nullberries can't cure it but can hold the meter back, Frenzy Resist also makes it easier to deal with.

If you deal enough damage on anything (even smaller monsters), you get a temporary affinity boost and are immune from any further infections until it wears off. In MH4U, Chaotic Gore Magala weapons combine their negative affinity into the positive affinity when you get this boost.

If the meter tops out, you get a blight where red health can't regenerate and sitting in virus puddles made by Gore/Shagaru/Apex monsters will rapidly deplete health, and have to wait until it wears off or sleep in the camp bed.

Frenzied monsters in MH4U are generally faster, hit harder, and can inflict Frenzy on you, maybe also changing patterns. Apex takes it a step up by making most attacks bounce off the monster and usually makes them much larger, as well as making virus puddles. Wystones are like whetstones that grant temporary boosts against these monsters and hitting them hard enough can dispel their Frenzy/Apex status temporarily.

thanks but you didnt say what happens if i suck and dont do enough damage
i didnt play the game with apex sadly
so all it means is red bar doesnt refill? thats pretty stupid, should do more

The frenzy art exists so you have something to put in your third slot for striker CB because all of its arts are extremely shitty.

there are more pointless generic HAs around

and frenzy gives 30% if you're using Frenzy Res

>Striker style
>Deviant weapon
>Insight +10
>Hunter drank
>2 cats with cheer horns

hunter arts all daaaaaaaaaaay

>Deviljho's damage

Getting hit whilst under it also doesn't create any red health to regenerate. If you do have the bad end of the virus then you're usually doing something wrong, which then it's actually quite nasty.

If you don't do enough damage you don't get health regen. You don't get a red bar at all when you get hit, so it's effectively doing more damage. It hurts more for people that don't get hit a lot and actually get to regen their red bars normally.

Fluff wise is that you succumb to the virus and it fucks with your body. It's a bad time.

I chuckled.

but what happens? i am retarded enough to have it happen i think

Is anybody willing to help me grind out Desert Brawlers quick? My gears outdated but I need money from the charm runs to use my Adv. Armor spheres on my shitty Gammoth armor, and I don't want to start deciding an HR armor set till I do a bit of charm farming, Anyone willing to join me and knock it out real quick?

40-0377-6832-9579

When it fully builds up there's a red smokeish symbol next to your name.

You just get carted easier if anything

There's relevant visual FX for when you get the debuff

Normally about half of the damage you take from any hit is turned into red health, which can come back if you don't get hit again. Failing to overcome the frenzy makes it so you don't get that red health, you just take full damage.

well i always cart anyway? does the affinity give a icon too? i always see an icon

who wants to carry me through Dreadking 7-10
it was bearable until I hit Level 7: Capture with onsite items only. Thinking about switching back to cat for this

Yes. Energy Charge II + III for SA in MHGen uses the same icon for its affinity boost.

>onsite cap quest
>cat

what

Cats can get trap abilities and have infinite tranq bombs

Yeah, with a 4 gauge cost against a monster which is airborne 90% of the time, making it harder to hit and build gauge.

Furthermore, you're fighting in volcanic hollow which is probably the worst area for cats because ledges and uneven terrain will fuck up your boomerang aim.

Anyone wanna set up a roo.?

Get something like GS + Black S and then charm/gem in Perception

I'm dumb but how do you get tranq bombs on a cat's item list, does it only appear after a monster is trapped?

yes
get in its face while it's trapped and your weapon is sheathed, then hit a

is there a LR para set, or am i fucked until dreadqueen shit basically?

>volcanic hollow
Fuck that map in general. But the trapping skill makes it a little less of a pain in the ass at least.

>having no friends is the right path

Your a saint kaylaa, bless

I'd like to play but I want to farm a few things first

Are you a solo hunter, /mhg/?

strawpoll.me/11176185

This shit has been posted on nearly every thread and it still doesn't have an option for "I solo when I can't play with friends" or "I only play with friends"

It's practically a shitpost with how completely pointless these polls are.

I just soloed my first Deviljho!
I carted twice and it took 47 and a half minutes holy shit that thing hits hard I started to figure it out after a while but it's so scary and my damage was horrible.

I've got my silverwind finally and have lost the drive to make anything else, is there anything else worthwhile to build for axes?

ID: 57-7974-5810-1527
Pass: 7243

Unlocked HR turns.

>"I solo when I can't play with friends" or "I only play with friends"

Then it means you aren't a solo hunter and you are supposed to check the no box.
Do you want a "I only solo every seventh quest" option too?

Good job user. You didn't forget adamant seeds did you?

>being this insecure about not hunting solo that you need any option that isn't really a definitive yes or no so you can continue comforting yourself
Just pick no and admit to yourself you're a shitter.

Yes, I should actually get some instead of just dawdling around, especially if I call myself wanting Vangis armor.

3uboi here
How good is a DB underwater? Currently use Lance for sea fights and SA for land, want to throw a new weapon into the mix.

I just spent 2 hours failing the Wrath of Rath. I hate this game and I hate being bad and I hate myself but above all I hate Rathalos.

You're too late fucker

Whoever thought it was a good idea to stun you whenever you get hit multiple times by a bullshit combo deserves to loose their job and die in poverty.

HOLY FUCK THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS?

>fighting hyper seltas queen
>HBGing it from afar with Pierce
>Get small hit for tiny amount of damage by some random projectile
>See the seltas queen start hyper charging
>Figure I'll just adept dodge it
>NO STAMINA
>TRY TO WALK SLOWLY TO THE LEFT WHILE SPAMMING B
>No use insta cart
>Then I see it was Seltas on top of her spitting out the stamina drain projectiles
>Mfw all this time I thought he was there to only lift her fat ass and was a general joke all around

Tetsu literally does the same thing

>mfw even two hits or even 1 hit and 1 chip damage can stun you.

This is just artificial difficulty at this point. Even dark souls wasnt this bullshit.

More like deserving a promotion for including a mechanic that punishes shitters for being shit.

Time Attack for Crystalbeard X

I'm sure I could have done it in about 19-21 minutes if they each didn't decide to sit in the lava and tail spin and do the jho-mouth-scoop-rock-throw over and over

and if there weren't multiple times where they'd roll away from me like 4-6 times in a row

I'm still not used to keeping up the sns oils

I had fun though

>Getting hit in the first place
>Not having Adept
>Not having an Evade Art on standby
>Not delaying your getup for those sweet i-frames
It's there to teach you to stop being such a fucking shitter.

Do monsters hurt other monsters in gen?

Here are the items for it

They do.

Yes

>Blaming the player for bad monster design
Are you one of those pre-Tri masochists who praises Khezu and Kut-Ku?

cute-ku is cute
i have never seen anyone so bad they needed to complain about it

>Playing Gen
No thanks, i like to have fun

>stunned from being chipped twice is something that should be allowed

Are these the levels in Recoil?
>Low
>Some
>Avg.
>High
Did I miss anything? I can't tell if Some is lower or higher than Average

I am stuck trying to get the Hayabusa Feather. I can finally kill Jho, but I am having issues with the last two monsters.

Very Low and Minimum.

You have fence and smokes

>blaming the monsters for being a shitter

The only attacks that can surely stun you are green narga's spikes and teo's nova.

Everything else can be avoided by not getting hit repeatedly.

Git gud.

ill give smokes a try i guess.

>just got mh gen
>picked a rad haircut
>forgot it's just going to be covered by helms the rest of the game

I should have seen this coming

So you're telling me that you never get hit ever, and have never fought a monster that could hit you before you had a chance to recover from the hit before?
Sure. Thanks for the talk. Enjoy low rank.

I'm not defending that guy, but you're forgetting
>crystalbeards super chin slam
>gypcereos' flash
>duramboros' helicopter slam
>najarala's needle explosions

>rest of the game
>when half the gen's endgame sets use memefeather or barrage piercing

>Deviljho comes in, kills Khezu and leaves
Thanks I guess

Najarala's fight works mainly on using stun/paralyze/immobilize in order to wrap you up for a strong blow. Great concept, but bad in general since he's only mid-game

frog girl was literally built for sex

Najarala is just a boring fight now that you can adept/aerial and ignore his entire gimmick.

I'm telling you that you shouldn't be getting hit so many times in a short enough timeframe to be stunned by normal attacks.

I get stunned once in a while, but never frequent enough to bitch about it, unlike you, scrublord.

>gypcereos' flash
>najarala's needle explosions

Forgot about those

And I don't really get hit by duram's copterslam or crystalbeard's chinslam, not often enough to remember that those can stun.

No problem buddy

You would bitch too if you'd get run over twice by S.Rath's insta charges and then eat a fireball and cart because you couldn't move.

Dumb animeposter

>farm for SA relics for months
>best one is max raw, best purple pattern with S+1
>it's glowing orange Rough Edge skin

Why can't I get a Hidden Axe version of that ;_;

There's a solution to anything with instant charges.
Don't just stand around in front of them.
Especially if said S.Rath has a shit headzone.

If the hitzones are so terrible that i get hit when i stand behind him slashing at his legs, which are the only place you don't bounce, or when he turns so fast i can hardly react, then i can hardly be blamed.
Seriously, fuck the Rath family.

>join late hour weekday room
>fuck up my own sleep bombs
>forget my drinks
>cart all the time

very tired and making a grave mistake