Is this a good tint job or is the guy some fucknut just going sanic fast and messing everything up

Is this a good tint job or is the guy some fucknut just going sanic fast and messing everything up

>hand cutting for the sake of dat speed
>spraying the everloving shit out of leather
>letting a lot of water into switches, leves and beyond the window rubber joints

idk, maybe he is doing it right.

youtube.com/watch?v=yB3AXGX7BI4

I would never let that guy touch my shitbox

he looks like he knows what he's doing but I don't know if I'd be cool with giving him a new Corvette to tint

He's not being as careful as he could be, but he's not doing it flat out wrong. You do have to work quickly especially on a warm day to prevent the slip solution drying before you can position the film.

But a few things he could be doing is
1) using pre die cut film to get an exact fit
2) covering car door panel with plastic sheeting. A lot of stock speakers in cars use a paper cone. The slip solution is probably just water and baby shampoo, but getting them wet still isnt a good idea. Water generally isn't good for electricals either
3) slow down. Again you do need to work quickly but not sure why he's being soeed racer about it.

>willing living in a place where the ball-sweat demands heavy tinting
>willingly making your car impossible to drive at night

>lives somewhere shitty
>obviously never driven a car with tinted windows

Nice shitpost, shitposter

>Is this a good tint job or is the guy some fucknut just going sanic fast and messing everything up

The good shops are not sloppy and still do things fast. My tint shop did a great job without using die-cut pieces. They have big rolls and cut out an approximate piece. They then put onto a measurement jig which gets it pretty close. On the moving windows, they then trim the edges to get it close but not too close to the edge. The spacing gap to the edge is very even on my windows. That edge trimming is done with some sort of tool for edges. It looks like no tool ever sold at a hardware shop so it is a specialty tool for the trade.

Nothing in the car was wet as they didn't drip anywhere. That shop had russian immigrants and they also trained new russian people all the time in order to give them job credit. Don't know if I like that, but their work was top quality. Their waiting room was the best. It even had keurig type coffee and they had a good variety. So I tried a few while using their WiFi. They do wraps for cars, so if you have an anime design, they could do it.

Whats the name of the shop

Cheeki Breeki's Speed and Sticky

Cars are designed to get a bit wet, not drenched or submerged. but a bit of warm soapy water is the last thing i'd worry about damaging my corvette
I'd worry about shopping carts.
I'd have him tint my 2003 tacoma

>Whats the name of the shop
Advanced Tint (Seattle region)
Window Tinting Service
4233 NE Sunset Blvd in Renton (a seattle suburb city)

They do home window tints and privacy tints.
They do commercial window storefront signage
They do door wraps (ever wanted a bright red house door for awhile?)

They are not a sloppy place. The car goes inside their garage and they close the doors to reduce atmospheric dust. I haven't noticed them using HEPA filters though. The cost is reasonable. I like how the tint edges are clean without the look of any "re-cuts".

I used 3M ceramics. Metallics reduce cellphone signals. And I cannot have anything getting in the way of playing Pokemon Go while on the freeway. I like to eat with one hand, steer with one knee, play Poke N Go with the other hand (phone held in holder). Super cool

okay, all kidding aside it's a good shop and it didn't seem to be out to rip me off with surprise charges. Check with their website for any special promotional pricing.

I was there last summer. So their offerings may change with time or they might not do door wraps anymore. I have not rechecked.

HE PUT THE REAR WINDOW TINT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW

WHAT THE FUCK

>he doesn't have tints inside and out

as a semi professional tinter, die cut stuff is never quite right. They cut off at window seals instead of the ege of the glass, which you can sometimes see from the outside of the car. Also, they are meant to maximize the sqaure footage of tint, so the cut it too close for comfort on length as well.

That might be true, but I think it depends on the shop. The one I used to work at used the die cuts but their patterns left a bit on the edges to ensure good coverage and it didn't stop at the rubbers. The installers still needed to remove trim and stuff. The hardest cars IME were Toyotas and Hondas. The japs overengineer everything so you had to take off (and risk busting) twice as many fasteners or clips as compared to like a Chevy.

You'd be surprised at how fast people can do things, especially things they do for a living.

>it didn't stop at the rubbers.

It can't stop at the rubbers or the tint's edge will rub and eventually peel.

>some fucknut just going sanic fast and messing everything up
He's just an efficient installer that is a bit sloppy because he has no protection for the customer's property. My tint shop had a window where you could watch. And they put down a mat across the door. Nothing ever drips on the door controls.

When done, they even had easily removable tape-like stickers that go across the door window controls for each car seat. The neon green pre-printed tape-like stickers said to not operate the windows for several days after installation. It's a nice touch. Importantly, the stickers were also thick enough to have a little resistance against accidental pressing of the window buttons. So they had put thought into things.

>tfw windows have dot matrix pattern

just fuck my tint up

>he looks like he knows what he's doing but I don't know if I'd be cool with giving him a new Corvette to tint
Fast and precise is good, but that guy splashes stuff around. Maybe there is a towel on the car seat below where we can't see it.

>using pre die cut film to get an exact fit
In every car I've had tinted, the different shops used a roll of film and not precut shapes. Each shop already had rough templates on their shelves they took out and matched to my car. Then those templates were taken to the roll of film to get the approximate shape of film needed. The film would then be trimmed to fit on the cutting table.

The tint shop for my car used a vacuum air table to hold the film down so it didn't move when cutting.

>not taking the door windows out to tint them

why even live?

>not taking the door windows out to tint them

Some shops do not let you see what they are doing. They even isolate the shop area far away from where the customers wait. That is how I was treated with my first car. There is no way you can video record them even with one of those sneaky pen cameras you can buy at Fry's Electronics.

>impossible

Nice meme, i have 20% tint on 35% and i can see out just fine at night.

Enjoy your shitty salty roads, coldfag

>Nice meme, i have 20% tint
The illegal tints in my area in the past 2 years have been disappearing slowly as the state troopers see those cars and pull them over for overly dark tint. There used to be very many dark tint cars back when we had a democrat governor. Then the republican governor won the election and decided too many people ignored laws and morality. So more laws got enforced such as the tint laws.

Nowadays, almost all the dark cars on the road are limo, commercial vehicles, or the newest cars. Those new cars with freshly tinted windows haven't been on the road long enough to get caught.

You can have them put black vinyl over the dot matrix.

I had my '02 WS6 done years ago and didn't like how the tint didn't completely adhere to the glass around the dots. Took it back and did black vinyl over the matrix and now its completely blacked out, looks great.

I'm going to tint my own windows in my 240 but I'll be taking out every piece of glass except for the back window. Should make things a lot easier.

How much less will it cost you if you tried something like 3M ceramic? Or are some 3M premium tints not available because only dealers can get them?

I thought of metallics at first since they cost less, but they have a slight reduction on cell phone signal strength. So I chose 3M cereamics since that doesn't have any blocking effect. I paid $279 for all windows with 3M Ceramic at 35%. That's legal in most states so I can drive pretty much where I want unless it's to some 70% limit state.

>I had my '02 WS6 done years ago and didn't like how the tint didn't completely adhere to the glass around the dots.

My old car also had the cheapskate dot matrix type of shading. The tint shop spent extra time carefully using a degreaser after the window was thoroughly cleaned. I had precleaned before going to the tint shop of course.

After normal cleaning, he then microfibered. Then he used pure acetone quickly to evaporate any possible oils in pores of the dot material. He microfibered with a fresh cloth. Then he applied the tint. While he was using that weird shaped squeegee (more like a hard burnishing tool) I asked if he was trying to make the film stick to the dots better. He said no, the acetone and extra squeegee effort was needed to try to make the film stick better to the glass so it doesn't peel before the adhesive can cure. He said he has good luck this way and people don't have peeling problems.

He did that with Llumar metallic tint which was affordable at that time for me.

>I had my '02 WS6 done years ago and didn't like how the tint didn't completely adhere to the glass around the dots.
They probably didn't spend much extra effort in trying to make the tint stick in the dot area.

If it's a busy shop, then time is money.