How often do you change your oil, Veeky Forums?

How often do you change your oil, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/
mentalfloss.com/article/30195/11-ways-advertisers-make-food-look-delicious
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

3500 miles

t. 220000 mile car

As often as the manual says to do it per my driving conditions.

Once most of it has leaked out because my O ring is completely fucked. Filter is probably on kilometer 15,000

Biannually, but i don't drive much. It's probably overmaintenance. How often does op change his oil?

Never, it burns oil so I just keep topping it up.

I change the filter every 6 months though

Every trip.
Sometimes twice a trip, I don't like it to get too hot.

every 3500 miles, idgaf if it's wasteful I want my engine to run forever

I'm running a total loss oil system, just top it up every once in a while.

>o ring is like 5cents
>still has his oil leak out
You are fucking worthless

Full retard

yeah but If I take the drain plug out I would have to actually find somewhere to put all the used oil.

Follow the manual, moron.

dig a hole

Never, I figured some icon will flash if it needs to be changed.

This whole thread is bait now

I just drain it, pour it through some coffee filters and put it back in.

The oil has been sitting in the earth for thousands of years. Running it through my car for a few years makes no difference to it's genetic configuration.

Don't fall for the scam.

The manual's interval for maniacal drivers was something like 5000 miles, but you could probably push it using mobil 1 synthetic

Nice meme.

Recycling motor oil into motor oil is legit possible but coffee filters won't do shit. Due to heat and contamination, you're only going to be able to yield a small portion of usable lubricant through some serious refining. It can, however, yield fuel at nearly 1:1 for cheaper.

every 10 000km (kilometers, not miles)
diesel engine

5k, 10k factory recommended interval

at 215,000mi, do you think replacing my original 02 sensor will help bring my gas milage back up?

should i also replace my pcv valve while im down there?

im about to have my nieghbor do my 200,000mi maintenence, fluids and belts and what not

>have my nieghbor do my 200,000mi maintenence
I can't wait to read the results post. The PCV should be at the top of the engine.

Usually change it at 3k along with the filter cause fuck it why not be safe. Gonna change it tomorrow at 4k and send some oil out to get tested. Then I'll try to bear driving it 5k and seeing how it fairs.

It's a Toyota shitbox so 8,000 with synthetic.

Once every 7500 miles

The computer in the dash still says 25-30% remaining oil life by that time, so. Full synthetic, though, because it starts that much easier in the winter.

>synthetic
Your probably getting a mineral oil if in USA.

Mobil 1 every 7,500 miles

never

same

I used to every second gas fillup

What happened, did you run out of money?

Every 10k kilometers.
t. 490k kilometer car owner.

On the new one which is "long life service" every 15k.

When I bought my car (new) I did the first standard oil change at 3000 miles. Instead of regular oil, I put this stuff in. It's pretty great, not having to change oil that often. I'm at about 68K on this oil so I'll have to change it again pretty soon, but it's been about 5 years since I changed it.

>If I take the drain plug out I would have to actually find somewhere to put all the used oil.

The reason WHY you open the drain plug is so that the heavier sediment and sludge will also be drained out. That stuff settles to the bottom if it is not held by the pleats in the oil filter.

Also see the archived oil thread at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/14985876/

turbo 4: very frequently
v8s: if there seems like some reason

As my manual prescribe, which is 10,000km/2 years

Around every 3k. Car is still under 100k so I don't need to go crazy with it.

I change the oil in my and my moms car every 3.5k to 4k miles. I just used cheap ass supertech or GTX conventional oil and a napa pro select filter.

When I put on summer tires and then again when I put on winter tires. Regardless of how many miles I've driven. I also change the filters.

Every time I drive. Changed it about 4 times this week already.

Y-you're supposed to!?

So you change your oil twice as often as recommended?

Every 3000 miles. I use Mobil one.

Every 6k. The shop I work at has Chevron Motor Oil, so I just drop the synthetic 5w20 in with a STP filter.

Engine only takes like 3 quarts
So every 3 to 4k miles I change it.

Every Fucking Day.

What's with all the morons who keep saying follow the manufacturers recommended intervals? If you drive your car hard (guess you can't drive a bus pass hard) you should be changing oil sooner, as it will break down sooner, service recommendations are based upon "normal" driving.

Changing oil sooner isn't hurting anything except your wallet, and in the long run isn't a big deal unless you change it fucking weekly. I put 100+ miles a day on my vehicles, I also rev the shit out of them, so I do changes every 2500-3500 depending on the vehicle.
>have a smallblock chebby 350 that is just shy of 340,000 miles, leaks oil, burns a little bit when cold, but is sludge free and still happy as any smallblock could be

I always changed it every 10k km (6 miles). When do I do the first change on a brand new car?

Yes. It's a happy medium between too often and not often enough.

>service recommendations are based upon "normal" driving.
You're an idiot. There is regular and severe duty intervals for service in manuals.
No, it's straight up too often.

Engines run best on clean oil. If you had the time and money and were autistic enough you could change it every 1-2k miles.

Often
Usually twice in the summer and once before winter and once after winter. Not sure at what milage.

>I know more than the engineers
As usual.

I don't understand you people.

The factory interval isn't really chosen by engineers. It's chosen by accountants and market research saying "normies don't want to come in more often than x mileage"

>The factory interval isn't really chosen by engineers
Yes, it is.

every 5000kms in my car
every 2500kms in my bike because $40 service

Did someone say "dig a hole?"

>How often do you change your oil, Veeky Forums?
Whenever ASSYST PLUS tells me to take the car in for service.

IDK.

I let the dealer contact me when I'm due for maintenance because that shit is covered by warranty for the next 80,000mi.

>Drive 1330 miles a month
>Change once every two months

so what you're saying is you change your oil every month

SLIDE ON THE SOAP

*errrrrrrrrrrerererrrrrrrrrrrerrrrrrrr*

I hope you guys only use the best quality oil in the market

I change the oil every 3000 miles
Which is about once a month.
I drive a lot.
Kill me.

Stop excessively changing your oil, moron.

I mix the synthetic with some melted vaseline for extra lubrication then i pour it in.... normally once every 6 months.

my car monitors it for me based on how i drive vs how far i drive

so it goes off anywhere between 6-7k and i change it with full synthetic

5000 km or before winter put away for the fun vehicles

seasonal tire change for the dd

>Stop excessively changing your oil, moron.
It's a 2000 Ford E-150
By 3K miles, the oil is as black as Satan's heart, and down by usually a quart

Soooo, pushing out the oil change interval would probably kill the engine in short order

>If you drive your car hard (guess you can't drive a bus pass hard) you should be changing >oil sooner, as it will break down sooner, service recommendations are based upon "normal" driving
Yes, this is correct.

I change the oil every 5000 miles but most of the time I forget the filter and have to do it again soon after.

I only get 1000miles per crankcase on my Matrix so I guess every 1k

Ah the old 'oil color = oil condition' meme.

Manual says every 3000 miles if you don't do much long distance/highway driving. So 3000 miles.

About every 7500km / 4700 miles.

2.5L TD Pajero. Being a mechanic means I can get oil, filters, and access to a hoist for very little cost.

p sure you're trolling but fucking hell I drain into a plastic tote, pour into 3 empty apple juice containers and take it to Autozone. Free and easy.

7500km is the interval for the diesels? My 3.5 is 7500 miles.

I dunno, it leaks a little so I'll top it off from time to time then change every 5,000 or so?

t. 240,000 mile Honda

Anyone else look at motor oil and think "damn that would be tasty as fuck on top of some buttermilk pancakes"?

Every 4k miles.

It only takes 4 quarts and the filter is about 2/3 the size of a coke can. 230k and it only burns about 1/2 a quart each change which is bretty gud considering i have a leaking valve stem seal. Redline a day keeps the carbon deposits away.

Stop huffing gas.

>he doesn't consume what his car consumes
And you call yourself an enthusiast

Which is irrelevant anyway because it doesn't hurt he engine. I really hope this is bait, and you're not really retarded.

Fuck you

>doing pointless shit is ok, stop calling me out on it
lol nigga, just stop doing pointless shit.

Fun fact: Some food photographers substitute motor oil for syrup when taking photos of pancakes because it looks better.

mentalfloss.com/article/30195/11-ways-advertisers-make-food-look-delicious

I'm not even that guy kek, you really are this stupid

kek, this nigga does things with no purpose.

Fuck

I'd say there's something wrong with your engine then.

My E150 is nearing another oil change in about 500 miles, yet when I last checked its oil, it was still a nice brown color.

Oil change every 3000 miles or before a road trip.

Shit, I guess advertising really does work.

It's probably 7500 miles but it's also quite a high mileage engine, so I spoil it.

Are we going full homeopathic on fuel now?

Every time

I only get it changed when my mechainc says he won't work on the car until I put some oil in it. Usually happens when I break down which is like every 1200 miles or so

Once every year or every 10k km, whichever comes first. Toyota Yaris, 2004.